• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

When will Halo Infinite be revealed?

• Yes, before E3

Votes: 13 11.8%
  • Yes, during E3

Votes: 20 18.2%
  • Wait, E3 was canceled

Votes: 32 29.1%
  • Daisy, Daisy...

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I will not... allow you... to leave. This. PLANET!

Votes: 14 12.7%
  • Halo's just dad.

Votes: 29 26.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cranster

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Correct, and they've written about how they want to continue to support Master Chief Collection even after this series of updates is done. So there's hope for things like Firefight, Reach, etc.

I hope they commission more H2A maps, honestly, but that's probably way outside the scope of the team.
yeah H2A has alot of potential. They should definitely get Certain Affinity to make more maps for it.

Rodeo Clown

Dec 14, 2017
Honestly, just about every Halo 2 map is a classic that needs a remaster.
I mean, I played thousands of matches on those maps, but they really are classics. The fact that I can still name all of them, the strategies we used, stories from matches some 14 years later is a testament to it.

There are maps in that game that I adore that haven't been remade in later titles and it still makes me sad. Burial Mounds, Terminal, Waterworks, they're all so good.

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
*after watching the eldewrito vid*

I want dyanmic weather/TOD in Halo 6 MP, it could be a cool way to make the maps feel just a bit different every time

does any game do that?

(toggle for competitive)

VincentMatts

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Correct, and they've written about how they want to continue to support Master Chief Collection even after this series of updates is done. So there's hope for things like Firefight, Reach, etc.

I hope they commission more H2A maps, honestly, but that's probably way outside the scope of the team.

Good move if true. Every studio should have a legacy team. So useful.

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, I played thousands of matches on those maps, but they really are classics. The fact that I can still name all of them, the strategies we used, stories from matches some 14 years later is a testament to it.

There are maps in that game that I adore that haven't been remade in later titles and it still makes me sad. Burial Mounds, Terminal, Waterworks, they're all so good.
Terminal, Relic, Containment, Turf and WaterWorks have a special place in my heart

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
*after watching the eldewrito vid*

I want dyanmic weather/TOD in Halo 6 MP, it could be a cool way to make the maps feel just a bit different every time

does any game do that?

(toggle for competitive)
With 343i's issue of visual clarity I don't want this at all.

Masterz1337

Oct 25, 2017

Sibylus

Oct 25, 2017
Warzone Firefight is my jam, wish we had more maps. I also wish Raid on Apex 7 was clean like Silent Cartographer, and not a jumbled up mess full of enemies you whip around to find. It could be so good, but it's so bad.

Last edited:

belushy

Oct 25, 2017
Really hope Eldewrito picks up with this release, and 343/MS let it slide. Really excited for this project.

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
Which would be a shame, but I can see why they would in that scenario.
Yeah I wont fully blame them, but if they do C&D it because of that reason, the PC version of MCC should be announced first because it will come off as a "No Halo on PC EVER" kinda thing if they do it before an announcement imo.

Masterz1337

Oct 25, 2017
They're treading on some dangerous ground I'd imagine, given there is ported content from Xbox (Not other halo online builds) in that trailer. If they start porting over maps and the campaigns from H3 and ODST as some of the dev's have discussed I imagine there'd be a real issue.

I've also heard that a certain individual on the team has been wanting to claim that they fixed things in ED that 343 broke in the MCC... even though it's false. If they do that I imagine 343 and MS will show them no mercy. Or maybe that's their plan if they get taken down.

I stopped associating with the game and it's content when some stuff came out about the lengths they went to obtain early versions of the game, as well as content off a server that was supposed to be private.

belushy

Oct 25, 2017
Wondering what team can form to possibly take down Splyce at this point.

Saiyan is the building block IMO. The team I wanted on NV after Huke left was Pistola, Mikwen, Snipedown, and Saiyan. or the current NV with Snipedown in over Trippey.

OP
OP
Poodlestrike

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Wondering what team can form to possibly take down Splyce at this point.

Saiyan is the building block IMO. The team I wanted on NV after Huke left was Pistola, Mikwen, Snipedown, and Saiyan. or the current NV with Snipedown in over Trippey.
We all said this last year about OG/Tox. There'll be somebody.

Dec 21, 2017
I haven't paid attention to the pro circuit in a while. Do Lunchbox and Roy still play? I know Ninja just plays fortnight now lol.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
Halo's story is in such a bad place with the AI uprising cliche, even if it's only some AI. I was just reminded of this from some youtube thumbnail.

Fahzzy

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Jan 21, 2018
Halo's story is in such a bad place with the AI uprising cliche, even if it's only some AI. I was just reminded of this from some youtube thumbnail.

Yeah. I'm hoping that becomes a sub plot to a grander scheme.

I also think the guardian concept is forced and unsatisfying.

NOKYARD

Oct 25, 2017
I just wanted to share this fun play I had the other day in the Halo 3 playlist!

Please bring the Halo 3 playlist back 343!

That weapon was such a headache to place. The map was cycled back to me twice from 343i's internal testing to revise the Missile Pod placement. It's the only weapon, other than mounted turrets, with collision physics (a solid object). If you were to drop the weapon in that hallway after a few shots players would get stuck on it rather than clip through like every other weapon. The fix was to set the physics to Normal, instead of Phased/Fixed, and place all 4 copies of the weapon (a requirement of Static Timed Weapons) in different positions on the floor. So instead of tripping over it you can kick it around.

Dec 21, 2017
That weapon was such a headache to place. The map was cycled back to me twice from 343i's internal testing to revise the Missile Pod placement. It's the only weapon, other than mounted turrets, with collision physics (a solid object). If you were to drop the weapon in that hallway after a few shots players would get stuck on it rather than clip through like every other weapon. The fix was to set the physics to Normal, instead of Phased/Fixed, and place all 4 copies of the weapon (a requirement of Static Timed Weapons) in different positions on the floor. So instead of tripping over it you can kick it around.
That's really interesting to read. Thanks for sharing.

hexanaut

Dec 6, 2017
High-FOV Halo looks so weird to me, being able to see that much of the Spartan's arms lol

They're treading on some dangerous ground I'd imagine, given there is ported content from Xbox (Not other halo online builds) in that trailer. If they start porting over maps and the campaigns from H3 and ODST as some of the dev's have discussed I imagine there'd be a real issue.

I've also heard that a certain individual on the team has been wanting to claim that they fixed things in ED that 343 broke in the MCC... even though it's false. If they do that I imagine 343 and MS will show them no mercy. Or maybe that's their plan if they get taken down.

I stopped associating with the game and it's content when some stuff came out about the lengths they went to obtain early versions of the game, as well as content off a server that was supposed to be private.
Sounds pretty sketchy.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
High-FOV Halo looks so weird to me, being able to see that much of the Spartan's arms lol

Sounds pretty sketchy.

Probably wouldn't look so wierd of it was designed to support high FoV

https://boards.fireden.net/vg/thread/211960063/#211960063

"Halo: Genesis [Reboot, Splitscreen, new engine, Warzone 2.0, MP Beta 2018, Teaser Trailer Fall 2019]"

Obviously fake. Who made this? :S

Nice! The beta comes out before the teaser!

oriic

Prophet of Truth - Press
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Hungary
Teaser trailer at E3 - 2018. Mp beta in 2018, Release - 2019 Fall. But this will be fake. Reboot after Halo 5/Halo Wars 2 story? Impossible.

OP
OP
Poodlestrike

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I disagree pretty strongly. The cliché is much more Skynet than what we have here - AI goes rogue, decides to KILL ALL HU-MONS because reasons. Cortana is more of a Well-Intentioned Extremist with godlike intellect and access to powers beyond human understanding, that's got a lot of potential.

Plus, it sort of evokes earlier material like the secret cabal of AIs actually ruling humanity, but now with mecha-grunts. That shit's dope.

m23

Oct 25, 2017
Just upgraded my 4K set to a 55inch set and just got a PS4 pro and the 4K content looks amazing on there, with all the BC stuff and MCC being in 4K, I am highly considering a XBO X.

You should really pick up the X if you have a 4K tv, games look amazing.

Also, I finally unlocked all reqs in Halo 5 (except dlc stuff) thanks to the giveaways during the HWC streams. Haven't had time to play as much last few months, but these giveaways helped me complete the collection which I didn't think I'd be able to do.

Oct 30, 2017
So many things to unlock... I'm almost level 99 and siting at 62% for the customizations...

I'm never going to make it to more than 110 before the next game (whatever it is) hits...

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
You should really pick up the X if you have a 4K tv, games look amazing.

Also, I finally unlocked all reqs in Halo 5 (except dlc stuff) thanks to the giveaways during the HWC streams. Haven't had time to play as much last few months, but these giveaways helped me complete the collection which I didn't think I'd be able to do.
There is a local auction site I go to that usually has open box items. Got my Pro for $180 and I am hoping I can get an X for that

Status
Not open for further replies.