• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

When will Halo Infinite be revealed?

• Yes, before E3

Votes: 13 11.8%
  • Yes, during E3

Votes: 20 18.2%
  • Wait, E3 was canceled

Votes: 32 29.1%
  • Daisy, Daisy...

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I will not... allow you... to leave. This. PLANET!

Votes: 14 12.7%
  • Halo's just dad.

Votes: 29 26.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

jem

Oct 25, 2017
I've been playing through Halo 5's campaign again on Legendary the last few days.

I've noticed that despite having completed it 4 or 5 times and having put in 50+ hours in, I'm still finding new sneaky flanking routes, secret weapon caches and different vantage points.

I don't care what people say about the story and repetitive Warden battles etc. when it comes to on foot combat Halo 5 has the best level design and gameplay in the series.

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Now that it's possible to set up matches with speicifc weapon starts maybe they can impliment non-pistol start games in matchmaing in Halo 1 to promote more player movement in some of the maps like Hang Em High.
I think this is the first time I've seen anyone mention an interest in non Pistol starts for CE lol.

Anyway, CE gives you reasons to move around maps because of the timing of power ups and power weapons. They have shorter spawn times than later games. If you don't pick those up, you're done. On Hang Em High, moving to Camo and Rockets is key to controlling that map, and those are in an exposed area, meaning you have to leave comfortable spots like Blue Base to scoop them up.

Camping in CE is detrimental to success.

Cranster

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think this is the first time I've seen anyone mention an interest in non Pistol starts for CE lol.

Anyway, CE gives you reasons to move around maps because of the timing of power ups and power weapons. They have shorter spawn times than later games. If you don't pick those up, you're done. On Hang Em High, moving to Camo and Rockets is key to controlling that map, and those are in an exposed area, meaning you have to leave comfortable spots like Blue Base to scoop them up.

Camping in CE is detrimental to success.

From my gameplay experience even with rockets in play the amount of player movement in the upper catwalks and lower parts of the map are heavily restricted due to the amount of pistols on the map. I still think alternate weapon starts on some of these maps would be worth experimenting with.

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
From my gameplay experience even with rockets in play the amount of player movement in the upper catwalks and lower parts of the map are heavily restricted due to the amount of pistols on the map. I still think alternate weapon starts on some of these maps would be worth experimenting with.
Imagine a gameplay experience where a player with a Pistol is walking on those catwalks, picking off people who only spawn with an AR.

ez

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
But everyone says the pistol didn't make other weapons redundant?! /s.
If bait would manifest into a HaloEra poster, it would be you.

Not even jem in his H5 Legendary but-you-can-dodge-this-and-I'm-still-finding-new-ways-to-play-so-that's-why-it's-the-greatest-Halo-campaign-gameplay rants come close to your posts.

Cranster

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Not even jem in his H5 Legendary but-you-can-dodge-this-and-I'm-still-finding-new-ways-to-play-so-that's-why-it's-the-greatest-Halo-campaign-gameplay rants come close to your posts.
There is just no consistency in the arguments from people who swear up and down about Halo 1's so called perfect gameplay. You argue the pistol is OP and they say it isn't as every other weapon in the game is useful. So you bring up alternate starting weapons to promote more map movement (The same thing argued about removing DMR starts from Reach 4v4) and then all of a sudden it won't work because the pistol is too OP if a single player gets a hold of it.

Apparently having a different opinion from you is currently bait.

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
There is just no consistency in the arguments from people who swear up and down about Halo 1's so called perfect gameplay. You argue the pistol is OP and they say it isn't as every other weapon in the game is useful. So you bring up alternate starting weapons to promote more map movement (The same thing argued about removing DMR starts from Reach 4v4) and then all of a sudden it won't work because the pistol is too OP if a single player gets a hold of it.

Apparently having a different opinion from you is currently bait.
I never called it "perfect" -- In fact, I've frequently said the opposite if you actually care to pick up on what I say and not frame me into something I'm not. There have been many improvements made since CE. Let's not be disingenuous here.

What this discussion is about is you arguing in favor of AR only starts, which has been proven since 2004 to be terrible for gameplay compared to having a capable utility weapon to start with. This is a Bungie era talking point that still plagues this community.

Juan

Oct 28, 2017
I just played the MCC on console after a long time not touching it, and oh my god I can't take this low FOV anymore.

I never complained about before, not since I started playing Halo since 2001, but after much time spent on Apex and having the ability to change my FOV up to 110 on console, I can't play this claustrophobic FOV on Halo.

Since the FOV slider is available on PC, how is it not a thing on console yet is surprising. Was there any explanation given about this from 343, apart from the fact that we're seeing more information on the screen with higher FOV?

Also, playing Apex, it's difficult to go back to Halo, being from CE to H2A on the MCC, with how slow the base speed is on this game, on top of this low FOV.

There're also a lot of modern improvement from modern games I missing too much when coming back to Halo, like the difference in footstep sound from the enemy team versus your teammates, the ability to fully customize your control scheme, the low diversity of effective weapon on Halo, etc...

Now that I've been biased by Apex, I'm not sure anymore going back to Halo OG gameplay will be enough, without adding newest addition latest games developed. Not talking about Sprint ofc, as again, DOOM is still a good example of being a good modern game without having it, but I'm talking about all the QoL improvements we got from today's games.

Cranster

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I never called it "perfect" -- In fact, I've frequently said the opposite if you actually care to pick up on what I say and not frame me into something I'm not. There have been many improvements made since CE. Let's not be disingenuous here.

What this discussion is about is you arguing in favor of AR only starts, which has been proven since 2004 to be terrible for gameplay compared to having a capable utility weapon to start with. This is a Bungie era talking point that still plagues this community.

I never even mentioned AR starts, you did.

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I never even mentioned AR starts, you did.
Wrong again --

c8d9ad97f8286c972ec6e46e751b2279.png

Plus, AR only starts don't "promote player movement" as much as it hurts the gameplay experience and slows things down. What movement are you promoting against a team with Pistols? Slow, careful, cautious movement, unless you plan on running out on straight paths to Pistols that may or may not be spawned yet. Either way, that's just not fun.

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Plasma pistol or plasma rifle starts would be worth experimenting with. Heck regular slayer on OG Xbox had plasma pistol starts on alot of the maps.
Again, same situation arises as AR only starts. You'd have to remove the Pistol from Hang 'Em High, limit its ammo, remove spawn locations, etc.
  • Hang 'Em High - Pistol user walking on those catwalks, picking off Plasma Pistol users is unfair.
  • Tombstone - BR user walking on those catwalks, picking off Plasma Pistol users is unfair.
  • High Noon - DMR user walking on those catwalks, picking off Plasma Pistol users is unfair.
Substitute Plasma Pistol with AR, Plasma Rifle, SMG, Suppressor -- they all result in the same thing.

Dec 4, 2017
Brazil
I played co-op for 10 minutes and it was very cool but i'm have a hard time finding someone to play again, if anyone is interested:
xxOneMansLiexx
PC - Halo 1 - Campaing - Heroic/Legendary

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
CE without a pistol sounds laughably bad.

I didn't know a lack of player movement was an issue with vanilla CE.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
They already have auto slayer in CE and it's as fun as it sounds.

not very fun

Last edited:

jem

Oct 25, 2017

It ain't bait if it's the truth.

Turns out I've actually spent almost 60 hours in H5's campaign.

Dec 21, 2017
I can't even get the new Halo CE starting weapon spawns to work. Whatever I set it to, I still end up with AR/Pistol.

Is there some trick to it?

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone else having some serious audio and performance issues in CE's campaign on Xbox? Was playing with classic audio and it was sometimes choppy, and whenever I switched from the old graphics to the new graphics there would be a large dip in frame rate.
Turns out I've actually spent almost 60 hours in H5's campaign.
giphy.gif

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I had a friend complain about AR starts in Halo CE.

I told him its always been AR starts. Just switch to the pistol.

He said there was no pistol.

I was confused.

He finally clarified that there is literally an option in matchmaking (designed to focus on AR/BR starts in other games) that basically makes you spawn with an AR and no pistol in Halo CE.

I had a good laugh. If Halo CE matchmaking needs to be sacrificed to have BR starts in the good halo games, so be it.

Everyone should be selecting precision starts anyway

Anton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
AR only CE sounds like some sort of foreign torture method they use on international spies to extract information from them

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
Rather have a plasma pistol than an AR in halo ce - if you can spam that trigger, you can have it essentially shoot like a laser.

Cheesy

Oct 30, 2017
Is anybody else getting horrible lag like this in Halo CE MCC multiplayer on PC? It'll usually play like this for several minutes before booting me out, but so far it feels like I'm the only one who experiences this.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
ESu73-eUYAEwJzZ

Damn why is Halo 1 so good

+ the 8 hours spent in the CEA flight

AR only CE sounds like some sort of foreign torture method they use on international spies to extract information from them

I got AR only CE in Longest. If somehow someone thought this was a good idea and this wasn't an accident or a prank by 343, we deserve Shotguns on Chiron in a ranked playlist

WJD

Nov 4, 2017
I wanted to play a few games on MCC (Xbox) after a bit of a hiatus, but can't seem to find any matches?

Are there any playlists that are more populated than others?

Oct 26, 2017
cf_halo_shadows_of_reach_cvr-186e6d8fe7964aec80db0d847e906c5f.jpg

Whatever that alien force is the book description did not refer to them as the Covenant, although those ships do look like Seraphs so maybe they have reorganized?

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
Holy fucking fuckedy fuck that sounds and looks amazing

Golden age of Halo yet to come?

give it to meeee, it doesn't hurt to believe!

Last edited:

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If I can just make a suggestion.

I want Blue Team to use oddball swordbase strats. Toss a skull into the middle of the atrium. Light up the covenant who go near it. Pls give this to the editor Stinkles

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
I trust Stinkles kept up with all of my Chief-Arbiter fan fiction while he was banned. A preview for what's next.

The Arbiter looked at Chief longingly, moved in slowly and whispered into his ear, "wort"

Oct 26, 2017
Here me out I got a theory:

So if the Deliver Hope trailer was the first cutscene of the game, then that means the Chief is starting out on his own, which means no squad system confirmed because what, is Blue Team gonna come out of nowhere? But the game is still gonna have co-op, and now that Blue Team has Infinite-style armor redesigns (which will most definitely be multiplayer armor), then I think they will be co-op skins Halo 3 style.

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
my optimism for infinite is at an all time high

here is my reason:
in a room where people are pitching ideas, I refuse to believe that the new armor designs, this book, and the general "feel" of Infinite can exist at the same time as "maybe he also has a goofy british side kick" or "bloom" etc etc

Deleted member 20284

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017

here is my reason:
in a room where people are pitching ideas, I refuse to believe that the new armor designs, this book, and the general "feel" of Infinite can exist at the same time as "maybe he also has a goofy british side kick" or "bloom" etc etc

I'm bloody hyped for the game too. Pining for some real Halo Infinite gameplay of campaign or multi/PvE. I'd love to see a teaser for the campaign and some missions for PvE personally.

Oct 26, 2017

here is my reason:
This is all surface level marketing, who knows what the actual gameplay will be like

Status
Not open for further replies.