• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

When will Halo Infinite be revealed?

• Yes, before E3

Votes: 13 11.8%
  • Yes, during E3

Votes: 20 18.2%
  • Wait, E3 was canceled

Votes: 32 29.1%
  • Daisy, Daisy...

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I will not... allow you... to leave. This. PLANET!

Votes: 14 12.7%
  • Halo's just dad.

Votes: 29 26.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Like I predicted, they didn't show jack diddly squat lol. That armor though looks really freaking good, Chief looks beefy. Loving the tone and emotion evoked through those musical keys.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
Art style and music is sweet. It looks more like Aliens and not like Power Rangers. Like the tone so that's one box checked. Wish we could see more but the game is more than a year away.

Kibbles

Oct 25, 2017
Are you fucking for real right now? No gameplay at all or any decent announcement about Halo after putting it at the end there. Fuck... what a disappointing show. CG and pre-rendered nonsense one after the next, no new exciting next gen details, just gave us the same specs sony did, ughhh....

Oct 17, 2018
Are they implying we won't really get any new info until next E3?
www.halowaypoint.com

Discover Hope

<p>E3 is an exciting time for the entire video game industry, but for our team at 343 Industries it also marks a new beginning. Last year we unveiled a first look at Halo Infinite and a glimpse of our new Slipspace Engine; built from the ground up to power the future of our game. This […]</p>

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
Are you fucking for real right now? No gameplay at all or any decent announcement about Halo after putting it at the end there. Fuck... what a disappointing show. CG and pre-rendered nonsense one after the next, no new exciting next gen details, just gave us the same specs sony did, ughhh....

It was an underwhelming conference, for sure.

But next year's E3 will probably be bonkers with next gen Sony and Xbox consoles releasing in the Fall.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
Well... At least Halo will be a looker again..

I can't believe no game play

Rodeo Clown

Dec 14, 2017
I think it's really lame that they're deliberately not talking about how the game plays, either by showing it in the trailer or on the Halo Waypoint blog post.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
About what I expected for Halo: Infinite. Like I said, what is 343i going to show 1 1/2 years before launch?

Reminder:

Interview with Chris Lee and Robey is tomorrow at at 11:45am PT, although I still don't know on which channel that will be.

Moose

Oct 25, 2017
I was hoping we'd at least get details, open world, sprint in or out, etc. Nada.

Some guy in gaming said the trailer matches up with the legendary ending of 5?
5's legendary ending is Cortana humming with an intact Halo spinning around in space.

Last edited:

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
Are we really getting no more info than this? No post conference interview or whatever?

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
The last trailer was great. This was so underwhelming.

tumblr_mdesg0qw521rb3kgjo1_r1_500.gif

Kibbles

Oct 25, 2017
I wasted a sick day on this shitshow of a conference >_< ... I thought Brad Sams had multiple people confirm Infinite gameplay after he botched his words before? jesus

Oct 17, 2018
Place your bets
1:
a) Halo Infinite opens the show
b) Halo Infinite Closes the show
c) Halo Infinite Is presented somewhere in the middle

2:
a) only engine and campaign is demoed
b) only engine and MP is demoed
c) both MP and SP are demonstrated

3:
a) sprint, as we know it, is in as a universal standard
b) no form of sprint is in the game
c) there are both sprint and no- sprint playlists
d) the Sprint Mechanic is replaced with something that retains both sense of speed and constant ability to deal damage

4:
a) no firefight at launch
b) classic firefight at launch
c) warzone firefight at launch
d) B and C

5:
a) traditional release- Single player and multiplayer will release simultaneously as part of the same package
b) Single player and multiplayer will release simultaneously, but as two separate downloads
c) Single player and multiplayer will have different release dates

6:
a) MP beta this month
B) MP beta later this summer
C) MP beta this fall

7:
A) campaign is linear,
B) campaign is semi-open
C) campaign is takes place in hub (Ala Mass Effect
D) campaign is open word

Tfw 6 out of the 7 can't even be answered lmao

Moose

Oct 25, 2017
Also Chief had a AR and not a pistol or BR. AR starts confirmed, we all lose.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Visually, it looked great and they nailed Chief's armor. Other than that it was whatever.

I bet that random Marine is Dustin Echoes.

DemonCarnotaur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I uh

This feels like the type of teaser trailer we would have got last year
it looks GOOD but also, I'm not really getting what I wanted from it?

Garrett 2U

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really enjoyed the trailer. The storytelling was really great, and the pilot seems like an interesting guy-in-the-chair for Chief.
Slipspace Engine is producing some amazing visuals in that tight area, can't wait to see more from it.
I am really happy that Infinite is a spiritual reboot.

As for what's next, E3 2020 will be a big moment for Halo Infinite. Until we reach that destination in 2020, we'll continue to embrace the mystery and wonder of Halo and the endless opportunity and potential of this engine, this hardware and, most of all, this team.

This is going to be a long year folks.

Garrett 2U

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It feels like 2011 again. We are all going to be grinding out Reach, waiting to see what 343 is going to do with Halo.

Status
Not open for further replies.