• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

When will Halo Infinite be revealed?

• Yes, before E3

Votes: 13 11.8%
  • Yes, during E3

Votes: 20 18.2%
  • Wait, E3 was canceled

Votes: 32 29.1%
  • Daisy, Daisy...

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I will not... allow you... to leave. This. PLANET!

Votes: 14 12.7%
  • Halo's just dad.

Votes: 29 26.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
They should just say "fuck it, let's smash brothers ultimate it" and put every weapon in every previous halo into the game.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Alright, so I'm curious what weapons we will see. Definitely the AR, but will we see the Pistol? BR? Will we see any vehicles? So many questions.

Oct 25, 2017
Likely we will see a bit of campaign footage of chief sprinting through a large open area with the AR. Maybe showing dynamic time of day

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
That feel when you just got back into playing some Halo 5 again and then somebody at 343i removes the 1vs1 playlist. Was so close to achieving Diamond. :'(

38 Wins and 8 Losses is still a good result, though.

Edit: Nevermind... Didn't realize that a new Season begins today.

I'm really curious as to what they will actually show us. Don't think we have ever seen SP gameplay more than a year in advance?

Last edited:

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
FUNKNOWN iXi Would you like a CEA playlist once Reach hits? People found it disappointing as the only multiplayer experience when CEA originally launched, but now that we have classic too it would be a nice supplement.

Stinkles this reminds me I'm still waiting for my Sidewinder remaker after you did Headlong (Halo 2 map WTF) instead. I would accept a Sidewinder/Avalanche successor in Halo Infinite to right this wrong.

Cranster

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm really curious as to what they will actually show us. Don't think we have ever seen SP gameplay more than a year in advance?

Halo 2 I think is the only exception when Bungie showed off Earth City. Though at the time they were aiming for a holiday 2003 release.

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
FUNKNOWN iXi Would you like a CEA playlist once Reach hits? People found it disappointing as the only multiplayer experience when CEA originally launched, but now that we have classic too it would be a nice supplement.

Stinkles this reminds me I'm still waiting for my Sidewinder remaker after you did Headlong (Halo 2 map WTF) instead. I would accept a Sidewinder/Avalanche successor in Halo Infinite to right this wrong.
A CEA playlist would be ideal considering it had its own settings with new maps, but I would also like those maps in rotation with other Reach maps for other Reach playlists. If they don't make a CEA playlist with those settings, I wouldn't be upset either, but those maps need to be in rotation with standard Reach; they're easily better than the base offering imo.

Juan

Oct 28, 2017
ExtraCredits just released a video called "Sticking to Your Guns - How the Doom and Dragon Quest Franchises Modernized" which, I think, perfectly nails the debate surrounding Halo in general, at least the "modernized" Halo, and how enhancing what made the experience so great in the beginning rather than adding new mechanics in attempt to get new players lead to delivering a game which will still appeal to your fan without losing then after so many years, and still, be able to grab new market shares as well.

I guess the parallel with Sprint, ADS and so many things added to Halo because "the market is expecting those things in a FPS nowadays" is quite straight forward to do.

Still, an interesting video to watch, which will probably teach nothing new to players who already took a look at DOOM 2016.

Doom (2016) and Dragon Quest XI were successful sequels/reboots with their fans because they focused on modernizing the already loved and proven atmosphere and mechanics of their original games. You don't necessarily need to add in new elements just because other games use them--find what works for your game and for your intended audience.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
Stinkles With the MCC and Infinite being announced soon, I'm paying more attention to Halo than I have since as far back as Reach. So by nature I'm paying more attention to your posts. I really appreciate the thoughtfulness your constantly show in discussing how Halo can be handled in various situations as well as various other subjects, which only makes me more interested in seeing what happens with Infinite. This is despite that I wasn't as big a fan of 4 as the OT and didn't hear too many good things about 5's campaign (I couldn't play it due to not owning an Xbox One and could only rely on videos and reviewers I trust to tell me how the game works). I'm really, really, really, really looking forward to Halo Infinite like few other games.

Is there anything you can tell me in regards to changes in how Infinite is being designed in comparison to 4 and 5? Not anything specific in terms of what design decisions are actually being made, but if there is anything your going about differently?

Last edited:

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Stinkles With the MCC and Infinite being announced soon, I'm paying more attention to Halo than I have since as far back as Reach. So by nature I'm paying more attention to your posts. I really appreciate the thoughtfulness your constantly show in discussing how Halo can be handled in various situations as well as various other subjects, which only makes me more interested in seeing what happens with Infinite. This is despite that I wasn't a big fan of 4 and didn't hear too many good things about 5 (I couldn't play it due to not owning an Xbox One and could only rely on videos and reviewers I trust to tell me how the game works). I'm really, really, really, really looking forward to Halo Infinite like few other games.

Is there anything you can tell me in regards to changes in how Infinite is being designed in comparison to 4 and 5? Not anything specific in terms of what design decisions are actually being made, but if there is anything your going about differently?

Not right now, but we will of course. I can tell you that my favorite non Infinite thing right now is the new control feel at 4k on Reach on PC and Xbox. You get to use those extra pixels, but without changing the original feel - and the sensation is of more control and accuracy. The elimination of motion blur post processing is glorious too. It served a purpose at ~30... but at 60 it's obviously no longer required and the game just shines. Underlying content looks amazing. Testament to the OG graphic approach.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
Not right now, but we will of course. I can tell you that my favorite non Infinite thing right now is the new control feel at 4k on Reach on PC and Xbox. You get to use those extra pixels, but without changing the original feel - and the sensation is of more control and accuracy. The elimination of motion blur post processing is glorious too. It served a purpose at ~30... but at 60 it's obviously no longer required and the game just shines. Underlying content looks amazing. Testament to the OG graphic approach.
Thanks for replying. I'm really looking forward to revisiting reach in all its glory. I'm particularly looking forward to Invasion.

As for Infinite, I guess I'll just have to wait til Sunday like everyone else, but it's basically my most hyped game for E3 (or atleast tied with Last of Us 2) :)

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
God you have no idea how much I want no bloom reach at TU settings. Thank you guys so much

Trup1aya

Oct 25, 2017
ExtraCredits just released a video called "Sticking to Your Guns - How the Doom and Dragon Quest Franchises Modernized" which, I think, perfectly nails the debate surrounding Halo in general, at least the "modernized" Halo, and how enhancing what made the experience so great in the beginning rather than adding new mechanics in attempt to get new players lead to delivering a game which will still appeal to your fan without losing then after so many years, and still, be able to grab new market shares as well.

I guess the parallel with Sprint, ADS and so many things added to Halo because "the market is expecting those things in a FPS nowadays" is quite straight forward to do.

Still, an interesting video to watch, which will probably teach nothing new to players who already took a look at DOOM 2016.

People on both sides of Halo's sprint/ads debate use this same argument to defend their stance.

Its important to evaluate if this new ideas compliment the existing game mechanics people love and expect from a franchise or are they just thrown in because other games are doing them.

Some people think sprint takes away from something they loved about Halo's combat and feel that it's only in because other shooters found success with it. Other believe it's inclusion is a necessary modern improvement to the formula - that the game would be worse without it.

At this point, I think the franchise has changed so much with the last few iterations that it's hard to Know what aspects are most universally loved by the current fanbase.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Oh god I just remembered how awful that shadowy mud effect was in Reach. Ready for that crispy look. And to use all that extra control and accuracy to aim for the head but bloom deciding my bullet deserves to be somewhere else.

Juan

Oct 28, 2017
People on both sides of Halo's sprint/ads debate use this same argument to defend their stance.

Some people think sprint takes away from something they loved about Halo's combat and feel that it's only in because other shooters found success with it. Other believe it's inclusion is a necessary modern improvement to the formula - that the game would be worse without it.

At this point, I think the franchise has changed so much with the last few iterations that it's hard to Know what aspects are most universally loved by the current fanbase.

In this particular case, I think it's really about going back to the roots of the first game in each entry, and enhancing the experience rather than evolving it.

DOOM also had its fair of new release which weren't really true to the original and added new things (Doom on N64, Doom 3, etc...) before DOOM 2016 took the first game as a starting point and ditched most of what the latest games brought to the table.

Trup1aya

Oct 25, 2017
In this particular case, I think it's really about going back to the roots of the first game in each entry, and enhancing the experience rather than evolving it.

DOOM also had its fair of new release which weren't really true to the original and added new things (Doom on N64, Doom 3, etc...) before DOOM 2016 took the first game as a starting point and ditched most of what the latest games brought to the table.

Yeah I agree. I'm just saying the matter of contention revolves around "what exactly IS the identity that must be preserved" and "what modernization actually benefit that identity "

I remember watching some media in the build up to Halo 4, and there was all this talk about preserving the essence of Halo - but in practice, we had a game that, to many fans was Halo only superficially.

I personally would love to see CE and H2 serve as the starting point for a new Halo game, and enhancing from there rather than evolving. I think that should have been the approach ask along.

But 16 years later, I imagine there are plenty of fans and Halo devs who fell in love with a Halo experience that they think can't be provided by the classic approach- even with enhancements. From their POV, later games should serve as the spring board. How many times have I heard "we can't move backward after innovating" or "Halo 5 had the best mechanics ever and it should be the basis of all future Halo?

Last edited:

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
this is something i shouldnt admit, but i've found joy in EVERY halo title, despite of and inspite of their flaws. so, any halo infinity news is good news! :D

i'll roll with sprint, abilities, lootboxes.

also, ignore my opinion on anything and everything halo from here on out

Oct 25, 2017
this is something i shouldnt admit, but i've found joy in EVERY halo title, despite of and inspite of their flaws. so, any halo infinity news is good news! :D

honestly, this. i may not like the elements but i play the hell out of the games.

alos anyone smart would ignore my opinions on Halo.

OP
OP
Poodlestrike

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017

Yeah, this is where I'm at. All the games are, at minimum, pretty damn good in my eyes.

Still super hyped for Sunday. Hoping we get some really cool news.

Deleted member 20284

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
WTF on this page, my jaw hit the keyboard. People like Halo in here, fuck me.

MS E3 show is 5.30am Monday for me down under. Ouch but I'm still getting up to watch it live.
Minus an edible brownie as that's just too much like teenage years of breakfast bongs.

As for mechanics I'm good as long it moves and shoots like a Halo game. Beyond that great maps and modes to play is where it's at. One area I really want more of with Infinite is PvE coop content e.g. Destiny strikes and raids.

Sibylus

Oct 25, 2017
Halo's a pretty cool dude...

(I just have my preferences and I'm outspoken about them, like everyone in this thread)

Green

Oct 27, 2017
WTF on this page, my jaw hit the keyboard. People like Halo in here, fuck me.

MS E3 show is 5.30am Monday for me down under. Ouch but I'm still getting up to watch it live.
Minus an edible brownie as that's just too much like teenage years of breakfast bongs.

As for mechanics I'm good as long it moves and shoots like a Halo game. Beyond that great maps and modes to play is where it's at. One area I really want more of with Infinite is PvE coop content e.g. Destiny strikes and raids.

It will be a great show this year. Just remember: if while watching a trailer you ever get the feeling "this can't possibly be Halo", it will most definitely be Halo.

And then it will actually be Smash.

Trup1aya

Oct 25, 2017

The only Halo I can honestly say I got no joy out of was Halo 4. And I'll never not be interested in a new Halo.

I'm cool with the existence of abilities and even sprint, but i'd prefer if they were tied to powerups, or weapon characteristics. In other words, I'd like them to enhance what I view as a staple characteristic of Halo- fighting for and picking up advantages rather than build the game around loudouts and tons of base mechanics.

Oct 26, 2017
Between Reach coming to MCC and E3 I've been diving back into Halo more and more recently. Happy to see the community is still alive and debating sprint and abilities lol.

What time should we expect the Halo stuff next week?

Garrett 2U

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I agree. I've played the hell out of every Halo game.
Obviously some games had way more flaws than others, but Halo is Halo and it's still my favorite game, even at its worst.

Boltshotting enemies in one shot was really fun in Halo 4 and Grenade Launcher is the best power weapon in Halo, thanks Reach.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
Congrats on the moderator status Poodlestrike. \o/

Love your tag btw.

---

Sucks to wake up and read about the threats that Postums received. Just so sad and frustrating to read these things.

I agree with this, but I'm having my doubts if you are actually a real Halo fan. "Halo: Infinity"? Really?

I'm obviously joking. I still do that mistake and had to edit a couple of posts, too. lol :P

Still kinda curious as to what "Infinite" is trying to reference. "Infinity" would have been an easy guess and "Guardians" was also self explanatory.

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
infinte possibilities with this new "spiritual reboot"

growing world of wonder
strories of heroism
mystery

lol what else did bonnie say in that interview?

Status
Not open for further replies.