• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

When will Halo Infinite be revealed?

• Yes, before E3

Votes: 13 11.8%
  • Yes, during E3

Votes: 20 18.2%
  • Wait, E3 was canceled

Votes: 32 29.1%
  • Daisy, Daisy...

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I will not... allow you... to leave. This. PLANET!

Votes: 14 12.7%
  • Halo's just dad.

Votes: 29 26.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
So when is it coming? lol

Little disappointed we can't play starting tonight or something. Also kinda wack they are doing a staggered release.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
D1fM_xgXQAUYvtD.jpg:large

Karl2177

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly guys, I think Reach FF is garbo

ODST Firefight is the real treasure
From my perspective, ODST Firefight is great, but it lacks the longevity that Reach's customization gave it. Reach lacked the minute details that made surviving fun and challenging.

This is 100% fact. I'd rate Reach FF below WZ FF as well. At least WZ is dynamic and presents some challenge.
Ehhhhhhh. Warzone Firefight is impossible without vehicles, which ends up making it feel so samey.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
How does Reach fit into the larger series? Prequel, Spinoff title or just unnumbered sequel?

Green

Oct 27, 2017
Squad Battle?

Invasion?

This is the best thing 343i have done since Legends. Almost as cool, too.

Sibylus

Oct 25, 2017
N U T

Is Reach really the first slice of the PC version? Sounds strange to me, insofar that Halo 1 and 2 have the most preexisting PC port work in them.

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
CEA maps hopefully thrown in also, I know this wasn't the place to get into the minutiae but Im eagerly anticipating their panel next week now

Karl2177

Oct 25, 2017
I think it's simpler: ODST has a better weapon and enemy sandbox to play in versus Reach.
I dunno about that either. ODST had shielded drones, which were so unpopular that Bungie didn't offer it even as a customization option. Elites in Reach are in my opinion the bar to aim for with dynamic enemy AI. They are far better than the Brutes in ODST, and the worst combatant in Reach (Skirmishers) is better than the worst in ODST(Drones). The weapon sandbox also was kinda questionable. Spawning with a sniper on Skyline with no way to refill the ammo was odd.

To expand on my original post, sometimes it's fun to sit back and relax by blasting Grunts with a Fuel Rod Gun. ODST's Firefight only offers 'Survival mode' which you can set up in Reach's version. When I say that Reach lacked minute details I'm getting at how they came close, but not close enough to do survival better than ODST. Little things like ammo boxes refilling all Human loadout tier ammo instead of having a set amount like ODST's weapon bins. Other things like the vehicle health system hurt the mode, along with the inability to modify it. The Rocket Hog is neat, but sometimes I want a Chaingun Hog.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
How does Reach fit into the larger series? Prequel, Spinoff title or just unnumbered sequel?
It begins a few months before Halo CE, and ends two weeks prior.

Fun fact: the entire main trilogy takes place over the course of a little over two months (September 19 to December 11). Reach brings that timeline out to July, while the epilogues of both Reach and 3 take place in the years following 2552.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
My biggest question now is about crossplay/cross buy. I'd assume on Steam we would have to repurchase, but I hope the Windows Store Version would be in our library if we have a digital copy of MCC on Xbox.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
reach will look so so good at 4k/60. to get that game on 360 they had to make a lot of image quality concessions.

GringoSuave89

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
LA, CA
I blame Fatstronaut, Poodles, ExWife, Gringo, nilla, Ryouji, Fahz, Funknown, Bizzy, Fooshscadoosh, Forerunner, Karl derailing game night because when he enters the party chat everyone goes (Karrrrlllll), Trumpetplaya, Bowman's capsule, jem even though he didn't play with us because he's in a communist time zone, Nokyard is Canadadian so that's not OK, Grizz, G0SU, Frankie liking scrub ass swat, FUNKNOWN again but this time in caps, Tawpgun even though he didn't play much Halo 5, Akai because he only wanted to play the Tourque 24/7 playlist and yeah that about covers it.

I miss those days. We had some great times.

Deleted member 20284

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Fucking awesome. I've been dicking around with a home office PC build for weeks now. Glad I procrastinated, it's so a gaming rig purchase now. Halo babeeeeee!

Status
Not open for further replies.