• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

When will Halo Infinite be revealed?

• Yes, before E3

Votes: 13 11.8%
  • Yes, during E3

Votes: 20 18.2%
  • Wait, E3 was canceled

Votes: 32 29.1%
  • Daisy, Daisy...

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I will not... allow you... to leave. This. PLANET!

Votes: 14 12.7%
  • Halo's just dad.

Votes: 29 26.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I really love the aesthetics of Reflection. It just looks so good, even to this day.

ivory-tower2.jpg

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
I really love the aesthetics of Reflection. It just looks so good, even to this day.

ivory-tower2.jpg
Yeah but that map is absolute trash. Halo 5 maps may not be the most aesthetically interesting, but Reach maps are bottom tier. That map wasn't even good in H2, don't know why they remade it.

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
I agree, the maps in Halo 5 aren't bad... they're just not that great either.

They also feel lacking in 'fun factor', which for me is a hard thing to define.
100%
any vote where spire places second is not worth a damn
iirc that was more of a bracket thing, it was pretty weak on that quadrant

ivory-tower2.jpg
One of the best remake pallete swaps ever

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah but that map is absolute trash. Halo 5 maps may not be the most aesthetically interesting, but Reach maps are bottom tier. That map wasn't even good in H2, don't know why they remade it.

Agree about Reach, but DLC maps we're good (because certain affinity)

Warlock is fucking garbage tier and they chose that out of the greatest map selection pool in fps history to remake for MCC, the best decisions have not always been made.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
I loved Ivory tower for asym.

And Warlock probably wasn't worth remaking- but it was the perfect warmup map. It's like octagon+.

Chill Out, Hang 'Em High, and Blood Gulch should be in every game.

No lies detected, but Getting Hang 'Em in H3 is nightmare inducing. Not the maps fault though

Oct 25, 2017
Hang 'Em High is a map I love that is absolutely terrible. The CEA remake is the best version (alongside the other CEA remakes) because they add additional paths so the maps aren't complete camp-fests and broken outside of 2v2.

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
Hang 'Em High is a map I love that is absolutely terrible. The CEA remake is the best version (alongside the other CEA remakes) because they add additional paths so the maps aren't complete camp-fests and broken outside of 2v2.

CA kills it with their maps man, especially those CEA ones for sure, is there a map pack they didn't crush?

Unless they chose to do Warlock in which case screw them to eternity.

Like I'm a pretty chill guy, but when I think of Warlord in MCC I get so damn mad, there were 8 better 4v4 maps from that game.

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
I liked H4's menu music. I'd rather it had been the monks, but I thought it was an appropriately eerie/lovely piece.

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I have an idea for menu music: Why not change it up by having a few different songs on rotation? Take Smash Ultimate for example, you can decide which songs to rotate through.
No lies detected, but Getting Hang 'Em in H3 is nightmare inducing. Not the maps fault though
They could use those 3 maps to get a good read on engagements. They serve as strong baselines for close range (Chill Out), medium range (HEH), long range (BG).

mreastman

Prophet of Truth
Jan 2, 2018
What is everyone's prediction for MCC PC tomorrow?

Do you expect a shadow drop or an announcement for later this year?

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
If we can choose what we download, I'm going:

CE multiplayer
H2A multiplayer
(if) Reach multiplayer

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
When I dream... I dream big, so here is my ideal scenario:
  • Mod/SDK support
  • Halo: Reach 4K/60FPS enhanced (+ 0% Bloom option in Campaign)
  • Halo 3: ODST Firefight (+ matchmaking and/or CGB support)
  • Custom Game Browser (+ being able to kick people mid game. WTF Halo 5?)
  • Observer/Spectator mode and other things that would help torunaments
And just to clarify, those are my wishes and not what I expect. I don't even know what to expect, to be honest.

jem

Oct 25, 2017
What's the chance that we'll get an announcement for m/kB support for MCC on Xbox with the PC announcement then?

Buddha0991

Oct 25, 2017
I think halo 5 in mcc should be saved for a big rerelease/relaunch of the game, a version of it for xbox 4 or whatever its called. I believe this should be a platform for halo going forward, and maybe should be rebranded to something like The Halo Saga or something like that

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
There's no trash maps just trash players.

(except chiron, chrionis trash)
List of trash maps in Halo:
CE: None best game ever, fuck you
2: Ivory Tower, Backwash
3: Construct, Isolation, Snowbound, Epitaph, Orbital, vanilla Foundry
Reach: Swordbase, vanilla Zealot, Boardwalk, The Cage, Uncaged, any version of the Cage, Powerhouse, Reflection, Spire BTB
4: Abandon, Ragnarok, Longbow and Solace
5: Overgrowth, Riptide, Molten, Empire and March on Stormbreak

List of trash Halo players:
FUNKNOWN

That's a lot more trash maps than trash players.

Status
Not open for further replies.