• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

When will Halo Infinite be revealed?

• Yes, before E3

Votes: 13 11.8%
  • Yes, during E3

Votes: 20 18.2%
  • Wait, E3 was canceled

Votes: 32 29.1%
  • Daisy, Daisy...

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I will not... allow you... to leave. This. PLANET!

Votes: 14 12.7%
  • Halo's just dad.

Votes: 29 26.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
I really think MCC is going to start building a lot of hype and player base will continue to grow steadily

Yeah i think it has the potential to be a slow burn kind of this as word starts getting out. I know of quite a few people who bought it but have never really played it because of the launch issues and they probably still have no idea it works because they don't really follow the industry .

oriic

Prophet of Truth - Press
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Hungary
HCS INVITATIONAL AT SXSW 2019

" Not only will you be treated to amazing matches and gameplay, but we've also got some exciting MCC news to reveal during the show. "

Any idea?

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah i think it has the potential to be a slow burn kind of this as word starts getting out. I know of quite a few people who bought it but have never really played it because of the launch issues and they probably still have no idea it works because they don't really follow the industry .
Yeah the more people talk about it the more people will try it again and it's in such a state that of you like Halo, you'll sink hours back in with all the improvements.

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017

" Not only will you be treated to amazing matches and gameplay, but we've also got some exciting MCC news to reveal during the show. "

Any idea?
If it's not custom browser here are the list of things 343 talked about internally if the first patch did well (it did) that they haven't updated us on yet.

1. PC port
2. Halo Reach
3. ODST Firefight

Or it could be a playlist.

Rodeo Clown

Dec 14, 2017

Any idea?
I think it depends on what is in the content update for February. If the customs browser and new post-match report make it in for the update next month, I'd expect a roadmap for what to expect for the rest of 2019. If not, they could show those off. I'm hoping for improvements to the theater and the ability to actually save films.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017

Tashi

Dec 17, 2017

Detective

Oct 27, 2017
H3_WSJ_CHIEF.jpg

3427019-2919675735-xl_Ha.jpg

aa69809709bb1b3d40e83458225f5a09.jpg

chief_render_01.jpg

343 past design is a joke to put in nicely.
Let's not bring Cortana into this..Disaster.
They even butchered Noble 6 armor.

Infinite looks very promising.

Rodeo Clown

Dec 14, 2017
Lethul knew but I guess he forgot? https://twitter.com/Tashi343i/status/1087783409793953792

And glad to hear folks are excited about the event and MCC news - really looking forward to producing one of the most entertaining broadcasts we've ever had in the HCS!
I mean, he can't remember to stream so this doesn't surprise me.

I know you haven't announced anything except Austin, but is this the kind of format we can look forward to this year for the official HCS events? As in, a 4v4 tourny with fun events around it? Because I think the BTB and Snipedown vs Lethul events sound awesome and are a good way to get new and different types of game play on main stage.

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
As a reminder from the MCC Status Update #2 as to maybes that we could see in MCC

Some people have asked if we could share what types of responses we received. The list is growing daily but here's a snapshot of some of the most common new feature wishlist requests:

• Custom Game Browser
  • Halo: Reach
  • Additional/expanded Spartan customization
  • Halo 3: ODST Firefight
  • UI / Menu refresh
  • New XP / Ranking / Progression system
  • File share / File Browser
  • Add Halo 4 missing content
  • "Party Up" system
Again, we are not currently committing to these feature requests aside from a few things we happen to already be working on (more info down in the Q&A section). And frankly, there are already some things being asked for that we're pretty sure will be outside the realm of reality. Still, we're building a community feature request list for future evaluation and assessment.

Thank you to everyone who shared ideas and feedback with us in the MCC forum. You can still chime in and join the discussion in this thread. And, if you've got personal thoughts on MCC's playlists specifically, we've got a wishlist thread for that, too!

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Our questions thread on Halo Waypoint has steadily grown since its inception. While we can't answer every single question – at least not in the near term – I did go through and pull some frequently asked questions which I've worked to find an answer for or, in some cases, get a response directly from folks on the team.

Some of the questions themselves are paraphrased or re-worded by me, but represent the core of what the community has been asking. And don't worry if your question didn't get answered this time – we'll keep this going in future blog updates.

WILL MCC EVER COME TO PC?
We know this is something many people have been asking and wanting for years now. Currently our priority is updating and improving MCC for Xbox and there's still plenty of work to be done on that front. While we have no official plans to announce at this time, we've heard you loud and clear.

WILL MCC BE ADDED TO XBOX GAME PASS?
Right now we're focused squarely on delivering an awesome game update and decisions on when/where/how MCC is released and made available to players will be made by other groups at Microsoft. We have nothing to announce today but it's something we're definitely thinking about.

WILL HALO 3: ODST FIREFIGHT AND/OR HALO: REACH BE ADDED TO MCC?
We've heard loud and clear that this is at the top of requests when it comes to new future features for MCC. This is outside the scope of this current update but is something the team will continue to assess and evaluate for future feasibility.

WILL YOU ADD A CUSTOM GAME BROWSER TO MCC?
This is one of the community's most requested new features, which makes us extra happy to confirm - Yes, a Custom Game Browser is on the docket for MCC. As far as how this will function, that's still being worked out but it likely will be more robust than the Custom Game browser that was added to Halo 5 last year.

Matheulbeuk

Dec 16, 2018
Hello everyone.

I'm currently replaying all the Halo game, wanted to understand why Halo 5 campaign disapoint me so much. One of the key point who stroke me now is the music and how she is used in the 343 industries games.

Do we know who take care of that now since Kazuma Jinnouchi left ?

Karl2177

Oct 25, 2017
Hello everyone.

I'm currently replaying all the Halo game, wanted to understand why Halo 5 campaign disapoint me so much. One of the key point who stroke me now is the music and how she is used in the 343 industries games.

Do we know who take care of that now since Kazuma Jinnouchi left ?
I'm finally finishing up my legendary playthrough of the game and I'm also trying to articulate why I'm not enjoying it as much as the other Halo campaigns. I think there's a wide range of things that are close, but not quite right and some stuff that aren't even close to being enjoyable. Some of it I think has to do with the way weapons seem to be balanced for multiplayer, some has to do with enemies that have actions that the player can't predict, some has to do with playspaces that take advantage of the ability to render more but neglect how the player moves in them. I also don't feel like there are many sections in the campaign that are replayable like AotCR valleys, dual Scarab fight, or ODST highway section were.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
In terms of MC's armor, Halo CE > Halo 4/5 > H2/3. I guarantee you if we swapped the 4/5 armor with 2/3 chronologically people would be calling the 4/5 armor better and we'd be seeing it in Infinite. I had a lot of problems with 4 and 5's art style but Chief's armor wasn't one of them (other than being a retcon, should have been an upgrade).

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
In terms of MC's armor, Halo CE > Halo 4/5 > H2/3. I guarantee you if we swapped the 4/5 armor with 2/3 chronologically people would be calling the 4/5 armor better and we'd be seeing it in Infinite. I had a lot of problems with 4 and 5's art style but Chief's armor wasn't one of them (other than being a retcon, should have been an upgrade).
There is hope for you yet.

Still booty though.

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
i just want the return of the flood with nods to deadspace so i can get freaked out when their head pops up and tries to bite my face off.
then i hear nicolas cage's voice echo through the sky yelling " face .. offf"

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
just like the dead space franchise, this dream is dead because we get to fight shitty robot aliens instead.
you never know.

wasnt there flood in halo wars 2 and at the end of the credits (where they were teleported) was somewhere along the lines where cortana seen them?

someone probably could fill us in with the actual events on halo wars 2 ending. but i remember something about the flood.

Rodeo Clown

Dec 14, 2017
you never know.

wasnt there flood in halo wars 2 and at the end of the credits (where they were teleported) was somewhere along the lines where cortana seen them?

someone probably could fill us in with the actual events on halo wars 2 ending. but i remember something about the flood.
The Flood are the enemy in the Awakening the Nightmare expansion. The Banished accidentally release them from containment on the ark, but reactivate the sentinels and stop the infection. It's only a brief couple of missions and there's no hint or teaser of another return after the credits.

The Banished as a potential enemy for Infinite is a much more exciting prospect than bringing back the Flood. At least they'd have tactics instead of just running at you.

Rodeo Clown

Dec 14, 2017
Why are there such severe quit penalties for composer-made games in MCC? It's social.

I had a match start four on two and my one teammate wasn't there. I quit and got a 10 minute ban.

Oct 25, 2017
The Flood are the enemy in the Awakening the Nightmare expansion. The Banished accidentally release them from containment on the ark, but reactivate the sentinels and stop the infection. It's only a brief couple of missions and there's no hint or teaser of another return after the credits.

The Banished as a potential enemy for Infinite is a much more exciting prospect than bringing back the Flood. At least they'd have tactics instead of just running at you.
shocker, the banished 'a 343 creation' is put up above a bungie creation in the flood.

there is a trend here/

Rodeo Clown

Dec 14, 2017
The penalties are fine, what is not fine is what appears to be no penalties for AFK people
They said they were addressing the rolling lobbies. But I think the penalties shouldn't be that harsh considering the composer is there for social games. It's not going to get you competitively balanced matches all the time because it's social. It's not using ranks or an MMR. It's nuts that I'm expected to sit through what's ostensibly a four on one match or face a stiff matchmaking ban.

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
They said they were addressing the rolling lobbies. But I think the penalties shouldn't be that harsh considering the composer is there for social games. It's not going to get you competitively balanced matches all the time because it's social. It's not using ranks or an MMR. It's nuts that I'm expected to sit through what's ostensibly a four on one match or face a stiff matchmaking ban.
Yeah it needs to be adjusted a bit, maybe max of 3 quits a day before the ban timer starts?

Cranster

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't one of the reasons for the armor change in Halo 4 because 343i stated it wasn't practical for mocap/movement?

Meanwhile...

6b820635ce2473a1ba7765f140025e3c.jpg

Why are there such severe quit penalties for composer-made games in MCC? It's social.

I had a match start four on two and my one teammate wasn't there. I quit and got a 10 minute ban.
You know whats worse? Getting auto-booted from Halo 1 BTB because vehicle physics makes it nearly impossible not to accidentally splatter your teammates and then getting banned because it counts as quitting.

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017

thanks for that info!

Dang about the flood. but interested to see how the banished works in future installments.

Detective

Oct 27, 2017
Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't one of the reasons for the armor change in Halo 4 because 343i stated it wasn't practical for mocap/movement?

Meanwhile...

6b820635ce2473a1ba7765f140025e3c.jpg

Yeah, I don't buy that for a second.
They just wanted their own art style and their own stamp. As seen with weapons and everything else right down to the colors of scopes.
I hate that ugly blue.

God I love H2A. Everything about it looks so damn good.

Everything except Cortana imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.