• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

When will Halo Infinite be revealed?

• Yes, before E3

Votes: 13 11.8%
  • Yes, during E3

Votes: 20 18.2%
  • Wait, E3 was canceled

Votes: 32 29.1%
  • Daisy, Daisy...

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I will not... allow you... to leave. This. PLANET!

Votes: 14 12.7%
  • Halo's just dad.

Votes: 29 26.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, hopefully the Halo Infinite Pistol sounds beefy and has explosive feedback, as in whenever a shot lands there's an effect to show it like in CE. That goes a long way to making it feel like a powerful weapon, outside of just audio.

Nov 14, 2017
Hey doodz, following on our months-old conversation about how the Halo 5 magnum doesn't look or feel as powerful as it should, I'm in the process of an art thing (not sure if I'll ever get around to doing color/texture):

halo_super_magnum_wip_by_prinzeugn-dclrxdz.png

Basically, trying to get a pistol to look mean and beefy enough to look like a primary weapon. Granted, a lot of that is in effects and sound, but sounded like an interesting visual challenge, too.
I like this design but I'm not sure it feels more powerful than the H5 pistol to me. The scope and laser adding height/volume to the end of the barrel is a significant part of it, and the big thread on the end added in 5 contributes to that imo. The tactical magnum is mainly added length but slightly increases volume too. Obviously if you're planning to add a sight/laser then ignore this, but maybe if the compensator/barrel weight was more like that of a USP Match for example instead of flush with the existing frame?

Prinz Eugn

Oct 25, 2017
I like this design but I'm not sure it feels more powerful than the H5 pistol to me. The scope and laser adding height/volume to the end of the barrel is a significant part of it, and the big thread on the end added in 5 contributes to that imo. The tactical magnum is mainly added length but slightly increases volume too. Obviously if you're planning to add a sight/laser then ignore this, but maybe if the compensator/barrel weight was more like that of a USP Match for example instead of flush with the existing frame?

Hey, thanks for the feedback.

Right, the tricky part is keeping the proportions right. One thing I didn't really like with the past pistols is that the added weight at the front makes it look stubbier overall and less impressive in profile. It's a hard thing balance, and I was trying to distinguish it by making it longer and slimmer, vaguely more like a target pistol or actual magnum. But I do mean at some point to mess with underbarrel stuff, like a flashlight, laser sight, or some space magic bullshit, but haven't gotten around to it yet.

That compensator is pretty cool, I found various compensators for reference but I haven't seen that one, thanks.

Here it is with the M6G from Reach I was using as a reference:

Hmm, should probably up the scale some more (that is, make mine bigger).

OP
OP
Poodlestrike

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Hey doodz, following on our months-old conversation about how the Halo 5 magnum doesn't look or feel as powerful as it should, I'm in the process of an art thing (not sure if I'll ever get around to doing color/texture):

Basically, trying to get a pistol to look mean and beefy enough to look like a primary weapon. Granted, a lot of that is in effects and sound, but sounded like an interesting visual challenge, too.
Hmm, it's interesting, but the top feels a little... busy? Like, there's so many ups and downs. Not sure what I'd change, though.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
Wow man, I'm FINALLY getting the feels out of MCC that I expected 4 years ago.

H2A is great. If the game came out in this star back then, i probably would have been addicted to it to this day.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm having fun now that the MCC works like 4 years later. When do they plan on adding H2 and Halo CE into a big team battle playlist?

Nov 14, 2017
Hey, thanks for the feedback.

Right, the tricky part is keeping the proportions right. One thing I didn't really like with the past pistols is that the added weight at the front makes it look stubbier overall and less impressive in profile. It's a hard thing balance, and I was trying to distinguish it by making it longer and slimmer, vaguely more like a target pistol or actual magnum. But I do mean at some point to mess with underbarrel stuff, like a flashlight, laser sight, or some space magic bullshit, but haven't gotten around to it yet.

That compensator is pretty cool, I found various compensators for reference but I haven't seen that one, thanks.

Here it is with the M6G from Reach I was using as a reference:

Hmm, should probably up the scale some more (that is, make mine bigger).
Yeah, I get what you mean with the post-Reach designs where you've got attachments top and bottom cluttered up against the handguard. Extra length/horizontal space definitely helps in that regard. Anyway, be interesting to see how it turns out! Another bit of reference you might find useful if you aren't using them already is the cover art for the novels with Blue Team/Spartan 3s/Female detective character whose name escapes me atm; she's wielding a fairly hefty piece in both iirc.

Trup1aya

Oct 25, 2017
H2A one sided CTF on Zanzibar is hands down peak multiplayer period, that shit is too fun

You ain't lying. I've had so much fun this weekend. I knew I missed asymmetric gametypes, but I didn't realize how much I missed them.

I've just been playing H2A arena, and the number of game types really mitigates the lack of map variety.

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Does anyone have an Xbox one X with a 4ktv that can comment on how the games look? I have a standard Xbox with a 4ktv and am debating getting an X

Oct 25, 2017

Your design looks a lot like the marriage of the tac mag and the gunfighter magnum (both of which I think are cooler looking and sounding than the base pistol, and the tac mag definitely has a beefier silhouette.)

NOKYARD

Oct 25, 2017
Wrote a big post explaining how we are doing 1 Flag and the new full featured KotH but it was wiped by era site maintenance just as i hit the Post button.

Short form.

1 Flag is based on the regular CTF so it will contain all the features of the built-in variant, including honouring the flag return/reset timers as set in the game type.

KotH has more sounds, more accurate scoring, nav points, hill contested notification sound and nav marker, incoming hill nav marker, FFA, individual scoring (maybe), Sequential, Crazy, Diminishing, 1 hill.

The plan is to have both placed on the H3 Classic Throwback maps first (plus a Last Resort remake), then a wider distribution.

Trup1aya

Oct 25, 2017
I don't remember enjoying Asym so much. It's amazing. H2A arena needs asym weighted more heavily and snipers reduced by a ton.

Prinz Eugn

Oct 25, 2017
Jesus site update, WTF

New version! (B). Definitely more Halo-esque with the above barrel-camera thingy.

Hmm, it's interesting, but the top feels a little... busy? Like, there's so many ups and downs. Not sure what I'd change, though.

Yep I get that, I experimented with versions where the front was blockier, I'm not really sure if I like that part that much.

Yeah, I get what you mean with the post-Reach designs where you've got attachments top and bottom cluttered up against the handguard. Extra length/horizontal space definitely helps in that regard. Anyway, be interesting to see how it turns out! Another bit of reference you might find useful if you aren't using them already is the cover art for the novels with Blue Team/Spartan 3s/Female detective character whose name escapes me atm; she's wielding a fairly hefty piece in both iirc.

I did fiddle with an under-thingy too, but it really does look too clunky with above and below barrel things.

Your design looks a lot like the marriage of the tac mag and the gunfighter magnum (both of which I think are cooler looking and sounding than the base pistol, and the tac mag definitely has a beefier silhouette.)

Thanks! I think?

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
I think the best thing in the new MCC besides 4K upgrades and bug fixes is the removal of the voting system. I'm actually playing varied things now.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
I think the best thing in the new MCC besides 4K upgrades and bug fixes is the removal of the voting system. I'm actually playing varied things now.
First three games for me:

Halo 2 Anniversary Arena: Lockout Oddball
Halo 2 Arena: Lockout Oddball
Halo 3 Arena: Blackout 1 sided CTF (awful CTF map by the way WTF).

Oct 25, 2017
I was never a fan of Lockout (too many games of Shotty Snipers in the TV studio during fourth period) but man Blackout is inexplicably so much worse to me.

NOKYARD

Oct 25, 2017
Last edited:

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
1 Bomb will be difficult because we have no scripting access to the bomb's mechanics. For instance, we can't prevent defenders from picking up the bomb using the built-in variant, and we can't score the bomb (in the traditional sense) in minigame mode.

Oh My God Yes!

:) still in my bookmarks, I either straight up changed it to Relic or its still listed as Megalith.

If theres a prefab let me know and I'll see if I can throw it on there, but as always feel free to edit at your will

also, new book today
https://www.audible.com/pd/Halo-Silent-Storm-Audiobook/B07DR8TMDR

Nov 14, 2017
Was jumping onto Scarabs from Hornets in The Covenant always super glitchy? Was getting some interesting conservation of momentum things where I could break the shields on the core with a single melee but then would usually jet out of the scarab and into the sky at the speed of a flying brick. Made me want two things for Infinite: no fall damage (or shield only damage) and for clamber to return (even if it's SP only).

Jesus site update, WTF

New version! (B). Definitely more Halo-esque with the above barrel-camera thingy.

Looking good! Somewhat reminds me of this take on the AR. Recognisably Halo, but a bit more modern/real-world and slim/angular.

Oct 25, 2017
Trust me I am on that like a middle aged mediocre swat savant.

They're running the tightly focused lists as they continue to stress and refine some of the new/updated MP matchmaking systems

What's the point of being a studio head honcho if you can't force everyone to cater to your terrible 'unique' choice in Halo?

I really liked H4 SWAT, that's about it.

Cranster

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i cant play older halo mp anymore guyz .. i need it faster paced and can only play h5!!! =/
I'm the opposite, MCC proves to me that Halo does play best when it's not as fast paced as Halo 5 is constantly. There is something methodical about the way Halo 1-3 plays that I simply cannot describe, but it creates a tension and in many instances allows a skilled enough player to turn the table on an enemy player who got the jump on you. Halo 5 is too fast paced at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.