• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

When will Halo Infinite be revealed?

• Yes, before E3

Votes: 13 11.8%
  • Yes, during E3

Votes: 20 18.2%
  • Wait, E3 was canceled

Votes: 32 29.1%
  • Daisy, Daisy...

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I will not... allow you... to leave. This. PLANET!

Votes: 14 12.7%
  • Halo's just dad.

Votes: 29 26.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fahzzy

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Jan 21, 2018
As far as I know moonman was the only one still posting there. A bunch of the euros just decided that they didn't want to deal with signing up here if that's who you're thinking of.

There's people like Fatstronaut, Ex-Wife, and Ryn. Oh well, I think I have them on my friends list on the Xbox. I just thought there was quite a few remaining.

Prinz Eugn

Oct 25, 2017
For a lot of people I know they don't play that often anymore (Halo 5 is getting long in the tooth), and there's not a whole lot to talk about, so it's not really worth registering.

I mean, the most exciting thing happening is a closed beta for an update of a three-year old collection of games we've played for years anyway.

belushy

Oct 25, 2017
Having a Halo 3 tournament soon is pretty interesting. Should be the first real test of the new MCC LAN stuff and update in general. If it goes well I hope we get a 4v4 H2 (or even H2A) tournament next year.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
Having a Halo 3 tournament soon is pretty interesting. Should be the first real test of the new MCC LAN stuff and update in general. If it goes well I hope we get a 4v4 H2 (or even H2A) tournament next year.

Speaking of, why did they go with 2v2? What's the reasoning? I'd understand if it were halo ce because it's generally agreed it played better competitively 2 on 2, but I don't think that's true for any of the other halos.

Anton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of, why did they go with 2v2? What's the reasoning? I'd understand if it were halo ce because it's generally agreed it played better competitively 2 on 2, but I don't think that's true for any of the other halos.
Easier to run I guess? Less people on a given setup and such

belushy

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah its probably just because its easier to run. Also boosts the amount of high level teams/matches if all the pros decide to play.

The Henery

Nov 3, 2017
I'm grateful we're getting any type of Halo 3 tourney play at all but 4v4 would've been preferred, absolutely. Still hyped to see old pros vs new in H3 in the current year.

oriic

Prophet of Truth - Press
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Hungary
Pelican race in Forza Horizon 4? :D

xR8XEBGBFknbreWtZic-d4Xas1XlTILrWswuVNsOsj4.jpg

Garrett 2U

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm grateful we're getting any type of Halo 3 tourney play at all but 4v4 would've been preferred, absolutely. Still hyped to see old pros vs new in H3 in the current year.

I am so excited for this and I'll be sure to let my group of friends know when it's happening. It's going to be great to see a modern Halo 3 tournament.

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
watching dr disrespect stream yesterday and he was talking about how he is kinda fatiguing on his current mains and specifically what he really wants is for "343 to really take the next halo back to basics" and he said gaming is really missing that pace and feel of Halo right now.

It's not just us, it's everyone.

for right now, I am super optimistic for Infinite (because why be miserable for no reason) I hope I'm proven correct.

edit: and I will NOT accept your opinion if you don't want a Halo BR. I want to warthog rush to a falling supply drop and find a CE pisto

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Just finished Halo 5 REQ unlocks.

Took me around 11 days of play time. I didn't pay real money for any packs except for a single charity box.

Would never have made it without Warzone Firefight. I hope 343 understand just how great that mode is and expand on it in the future.

Ryouji Gunblade

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
California
Just finished Halo 5 REQ unlocks.

Took me around 11 days of play time. I didn't pay real money for any packs except for a single charity box.

Would never have made it without Warzone Firefight. I hope 343 understand just how great that mode is and expand on it in the future.
Congrats on the armors. I hope we get the classic mode as well. Firefight. With custom options.

Fahzzy

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Jan 21, 2018

Honestly that's good news. Wouldn't have been surprised if they wanted to "chase another trend", but I'm glad they aren't this time around. Not denying the possibility of a mode like that being entertaining in Halo, but we don't need more distractions from what makes Halo so good. If anything, give players the tools to make a BR mode in Forge/custom games.

Fahzzy

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Jan 21, 2018
Sorry for double post, but I was just thinking about something:

Our dear Stinklez brought up the fact that Halo 6 would be more iterative and fine tuning of Halo 5's sandbox. However, he stated that a while ago and now we are getting Halo without a number at the end and in a whole new engine. Also, Frank mentioned that they want the new Halo to be similar to the feeling of Halo CE where you are waking up to a whole new world and making the game a great entry point for new players into the series. Sounds like they are doing a soft reboot of sorts, especially if you look at the nice new art style partially on display in the new trailer.

I say all this to speculate: Perhaps 343 went back to the drawing board and will actually make it a more classic style game? Frank's comment on Halo 6 being more iterative could have been a genuine statement that is no longer valid due to internal changes.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017

Our dear Stinklez brought up the fact that Halo 6 would be more iterative and fine tuning of Halo 5's sandbox. However, he stated that a while ago and now we are getting Halo without a number at the end and in a whole new engine. Also, Frank mentioned that they want the new Halo to be similar to the feeling of Halo CE where you are waking up to a whole new world and making the game a great entry point for new players into the series. Sounds like they are doing a soft reboot of sorts, especially if you look at the nice new art style partially on display in the new trailer.

I say all this to speculate: Perhaps 343 went back to the drawing board and will actually make it a more classic style game? Frank's comment on Halo 6 being more iterative could have been a genuine statement that is no longer valid due to internal changes.
i think thats the general consensus

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, I guess I'm just living under a rock regarding that then. My bad.
or perhaps i am :P

i do think that part of the reason the next halo is so far off is there was some sort of reboot, or change in direction, in the development of what was to be "6" following halo 5. from all indications halo 6 was to be a refinement of halo 5, as you pointed out, but the scope and even direction (based on the art direction and a few tidbits of info at least) of infinite seems far closer to CE than 5.

Fahzzy

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Jan 21, 2018
or perhaps i am :P

i do think that part of the reason the next halo is so far off is there was some sort of reboot, or change in direction, in the development of what was to be "6" following halo 5. from all indications halo 6 was to be a refinement of halo 5, as you pointed out, but the scope and even direction (based on the art direction and a few tidbits of info at least) of infinite seems far closer to CE than 5.

That's probably the most exciting speculation/feeling regarding a new Halo release that I could hope for honestly. Gonna try to keep my expectations in check, but that sounds so promising.

Complicated

Oct 29, 2017

I'm pretty sure 343 was talking about dropping the number before Halo 5 came out (it's why Halo 5 had a subtitle), so that's not some new development indicative of a new direction. The Halo CE comment doesn't strike me as being gameplay mechanic specific. Just indicative of the feel they're going for with the campaign rather than continuing the world-hopping space opera the games have been since Halo 2 though Halo 4 was mostly confined to Requiem.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
I think Halo Infinite is a open world game with Halo 5 gameplay mechanics. Maybe they pulled back on some of the mechanics to simplify (no spartan charge, classic scope, etc) and partially placate classic fans.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Should have been very obvious after the Slipspace Engine announcement, unless people expected them to make a SP Campaign, standard MP and a BR mode.

That's implying the BR mode would not use existing assets from the SP and "standard MP" anyways.

Honestly Halo having a Battle Royale mode would not be a bad thing. CoD and Battlefield seem to be changing the trend in having it as just another mode offered in MP and not just another game with nothing but BR.

Battle Royal is just going to be what Capture the Flag was when it first came out.

VincentMatts

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
That's implying the BR mode would not use existing assets from the SP and "standard MP" anyways.

Honestly Halo having a Battle Royale mode would not be a bad thing. CoD and Battlefield seem to be changing the trend in having it as just another mode offered in MP and not just another game with nothing by BR. Basically, Battle Royal is just going to be what Capture the Flag was when it first came out.

Yeah i dont understand how people see this has chasing trends. This isnt a Halo4 situation where all the MP modes and basic gameplay were updated to "chase trends". This isnt that. Its just one more gamemore being added in an already pretty big list of game modes.

This is how clueless 343 are. They cant even tell the difference anymore between completely changing the core MP experience in all modes compared to just adding one more gamemode to whats already there.

The Henery

Nov 3, 2017
Errrr.... Looking for match for over 2 minutes.. quick olay and super fiesta..

Game dad?

I can never find a game in quick play, playlist is dad.

Yeah i dont understand how people see this has chasing trends. This isnt a Halo4 situation where all the MP modes and basic gameplay were updated to "chase trends". This isnt that. Its just one more gamemore being added in an already pretty big list of game modes.

This is how clueless 343 are. They cant even tell the difference anymore between completely changing the core MP experience in all modes compared to just adding one more gamemode to whats already there.

To be fair, the highest pvp playercount Halo has managed so far is 24. Even doing a 50 player battle royale in Halo would take up vast resources I'd imagine.

Deleted member 2171

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Henery's got it right. You really can't just go "just add BR" to a series more focused on lower player counts. There's sandbox changes and so on you have to make, and going from 24 to 100 is never free in terms of complexity-of-simulation tradeoffs

I mean, the reason most MMOs were/are tab-targeters is because to get the player counts they wanted, they had to essentially make it turn-based as far as the server was concerned. They had nowhere near the bandwidth or power to support tons of people with real time per-frame action based gameplay.

With AI, even though they're on async you can cheat them a bit with letting the local box control some of their actions as your box and just reporting it back to the server and essentially blend two realities together. Can't really do that with human players.

Last edited:

Prinz Eugn

Oct 25, 2017

Honestly Halo having a Battle Royale mode would not be a bad thing. CoD and Battlefield seem to be changing the trend in having it as just another mode offered in MP and not just another game with nothing but BR.

Battle Royal is just going to be what Capture the Flag was when it first came out.

Having a new game mode in and of itself not a bad thing. But in practice it means sacrificing some other mode since resources are finite.

Battle Royale is a significant departure from any other game mode and would require a ton of unique work, more like the difference between Warzone and Arena than Slayer and CTF. You need different maps, ways to distribute players/squads, probably a different number of players, probably the addition of powerups that don't exist in other gametypes, revive mechanics, etc., etc.

Tuning the game to be an enjoyable battle royale experience might entail changing the core experience quite a bit. It will be interesting to see what CoD and Battlefield do to get it working, but it's pretty likely it's going to be super watered down compared to PUBG for Fortnite.

Complicated

Oct 29, 2017

That seems unnecessarily salty. Translating Halo gameplay directly to battle royale would be awful either way. Super accurate hitscan weapons flat out wouldn't work. You'd have to play as ODST's, have bullet drop, recoil, bullet spread, etc.. And you're not even considering what another big new mode might do to the player base of existing Halo modes. 343 has to think about what the identity of their game's multiplayer will be perceived as because fans are super sensitive to that. If you're emphasizing the wrong things too much you're a shitty dev trying to ruin Halo.

VincentMatts

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
How could you possibly get this from Grim saying they aren't adding a BR mode?

People keep mentioning halo chasing trends is why halo4 failed. I'm pointing out the obvious that adding a game mode is different than completely changing the core gameplay like in 4 was. One has nothing to do with the other.

Cranster

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hello MCC Insiders,

A few short weeks ago we sent out Flight 3.0 to the MCC Insiders and it was quickly identified that corruption was present with intelligent install. We believe we have a fix in place for this but need many more test cases to verify. This is where all of you come in.We need everyone in the MCC Insider Program to help us test a fix for this bug, so that we can move onto Phase 2 of Flight 3.0! If everyone participates in helping us check this fix, we can then begin to invite even more people into the program.Here is the step-by-step process you'll need to follow:
  • Step 1: Uninstall your MCC Insider build today, Thursday, July 19th, 2018.
  • Step 2: Install the new build (v.1.466.1.0) releasing at 11:00 AM PT on 7/19.
  • Step 3: Launch the new build and go past the main menu.
Note: It will crash – this is okay, we need you to do this only once.
Once we reach a certain number of individuals that have completed Step 3, Step 4 will start.

• Step 4: Friday, July 20th at TBD PT install the new build updated that day and customize the installation intelligent install.
  • Step 5: Check for corruption in the various games you installed.
That's it.We need these steps followed to verify intelligent installations no longer corrupt any areas of the game. However, if any of these steps are not followed correctly, the entire test will be invalidated – so please make sure you follow each one closely.The results from this test will help us to verify that we have indeed fixed the corrupted installs, and will allows us to begin moving onto Phase 2 of Flight 3.0. It is very important to follow each of these steps and we can't emphasize them enough. Thank you again for your participation in the MCC Insider program!Cheers,

Postums and Team

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/...on/487344af-a52d-4e9a-bc34-d07321d94f67/posts

Status
Not open for further replies.