• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Talked about in the June Halo MCC Blog Update and will be launching with the new season's "battle pass"

www.halowaypoint.com

Halo: The Master Chief Collection - MCC Development Update - June 2020

Get the latest info on MCC's development as we move towards our next big release. We recap Halo 3's flight, Firefight for Halo 3: ODST's announcement, a technical deep dive with engineers, a breakdown of work from design and art, then close with an all-up project update. Get comfy with some...

How do they work?
Launching along with Halo 3 is an all-new customization system for Halo: CE multiplayer. We're excited to be able to update classic content with new coats of paint but we also know some players may prefer keeping everything the way it originally was. To this end, we're including a settings option that will allow players to toggle skins on or off (which will determine if you see the legacy classic content when playing MP or see other Spartans rocking a new visor treatment).

When other players see you in the match, they will be able to see your new custom visor color. This visor color change will not affect any first person HUDs to keep the look of the original game intact. When a custom visor is selected, it will always show to other players if the option to enable new skins is turned on.

Players will now be able to customize the look of both UNSC and Covenant weapons. Even the default skins will be enhanced in Halo: CE. The way these skins will work is that when a player picks up a weapon that has a custom weapon skin, the weapon will change its looks to match that skin and other players will see this as well. If this weapon is dropped, it will retain the look of that skin until a player with a different skin picks it up, in which case it changes to the custom skin that player has set.

Players will now be able to customize the look of both UNSC and Covenant vehicles. Even the default skins will be enhanced in Halo: CE. The way these skins will work is that when a player enters the driver seat of the vehicle that has a custom skin, the vehicle will change its looks to match that skin and other players will see this as well. If this vehicle is exited, it will retain the look of that skin until a player with a different skin enters the driver's seat, in which case it changes to the custom skin that player has set.

Some people in the flight have recognized an option that toggles on and off for skins. You touched on this earlier, but can you explain a little bit what that option will do for players in game?

In the event a player does not like the look of the new skins, we have added a new option to the Gameplay tab that allows people to opt out of seeing the new skins. It is called New Skins and is enabled by default. Toggling this to disabled will only show the original Halo: CE weapons, vehicles, and visors for the player on their machine regardless of what option the other players have set. All players who have the option enabled will see the new skins.

Pictures:
h1sharkwarthog-b849ec6019c24ba292520f6b3cfe00a5.jpg

h1visorskin-2cde281ccb374e86a5145ff36dd73039.jpg

h1arskin-983e5c78e9bc4c3e9a2de278e34db255.jpg

h1scopionskin-275d5a1f135e4e92b9afd42447701154.jpg

h1warthogskin-f6fdd30e74b7484e9d36e203fdc63a2f.jpg

blamite

Oct 27, 2017
also probably worth mentioning that all the seasonal reward tracks are free and afaik you can still unlock stuff from previous seasons Soo there's no hard cutoff on getting stuff.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Neat, looking forward to disabling them immediately. It's a nice concept but skins will just feel wrong in CE.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I was always a fan of helmet/visor colors and stuff, even used to grind my ass off for some of the stuff in reach.
Hope they dig a bit more into it for infinite.

OP
OP
Ryan.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'm into it. But maybe fix the volume levels in released games first.
Already being started with Reach and Halo 3 in the upcoming update (which you can read more about in the blog post I linked).

Plus I don't think the devs working on weapon skins work on the audio.

Glass

Oct 26, 2017
One thing I couldn't discern, are the new rewards / unlocks all post level 100 unlocks ?
Great that you can now unlock things in any order from the tier .

Welfare

Prophet of Truth - You’re my Numberwall
Oct 26, 2017
This looks incredible. Really excited for the next update.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
Are they going to work out a way to officially accept certain fanmade ones? That would be awesome. They could have contests, and have people upvote ones that should make it into the game.

KDC720

Oct 25, 2017
They've had the tier progression for the Reach armor variations for a while now so I was wondering what else they were gonna do as far as cosmetic unlocks.

Very glad it's all free and that you can still get the older battle pass unlocks. I'm not even close to getting the all Reach stuff.

TheXbox

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
This is just about the last thing I want for CE, so glad I can toggle this stuff. I wish they'd include an option like that for newer games.

True Prophecy

Oct 28, 2017
That's all pretty cool. I for one am glad they continue to add to the game.

I also wish they would also patch the performance issues on the Xbox since reach was added into the collection as it's been real bad lately.

samred

Amico fun conversationalist
Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA
That's actually a major aspect of this update. They go into great detail with the issues they had in the blog post.

oh man, see, THAT is the ResetERA thread I've been waiting for. (this is what I get for not clicking through, apologies to anyone on the MCC team reading this forum and seeing me be a schmuck)

RoninChaos

Oct 26, 2017
I wish I could transfer my hiyabusa armour from my old halo save to master chief collection. That's not possible, is it?

Smash-It Stan

Oct 25, 2017
With these additions and changes, this means that many audio fixes across the board for both Halo 3 and Halo: Reach are going to be coming to folks soon and will see them roll out with Halo 3's release!
All I care about so I can finally start playing this game I bought 6+ months ago...really hope its the fix we need.

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
oh man, see, THAT is the ResetERA thread I've been waiting for. (this is what I get for not clicking through, apologies to anyone on the MCC team reading this forum and seeing me be a schmuck)
Hey better than the Gamespot people posting an article saying the game is adding MTX lol

Ketenge

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
This actually makes me wonder if 343 are interested in adding more MP content (or maybe even new SP campaigns..?) to older Halo titles. It would be pretty cool to get a few new maps for Halo CE, or a new weapon added to Halo 2, etc.

And as much as I dislike cosmetic skins sometimes, I like that these seem subdued, at least so far. Hopefully there won't be an epic weed-themed ghost skin a few months down the line, or a bright neon rainbow plasma pistol that burns your eyes by looking at it. Please 343... keep it low-key.

Cels

Oct 26, 2017
it's nice that you can turn it off if you don't like it.
more games with cosmetics should let you do this. tf2 and dota2 have mods for it at least.

they've made some bad decisions with MCC but this one stands out as forward-thinking, which is rare in the industry.

Last edited: