• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
In about 3-4 years the kind of skins and armor sets we'll be seeing in Infinite won't even resemble Sparton armor or anything to do with Halo. It's just the nature of it I guess - there are only so many skins and armor sets you can release before you have to start branching out, especially when the entire business model and revenue stream depends on it.
They've already laid the foundation for that with Fractures. Take the samurai armor for example. There is going to be ample in universe sets as well.

Rodelero

Oct 27, 2017
In about 3-4 years the kind of skins and armor sets we'll be seeing in Infinite won't even resemble Sparton armor or anything to do with Halo. It's just the nature of it I guess - there are only so many skins and armor sets you can release before you have to start branching out, especially when the entire business model and revenue stream depends on it.

Years? More like weeks if that snowman head leak is anything to go by.

totofogo

Oct 29, 2017
Chicago
You know what's even weirder than not liking this? Having a problem with others feeling that way.

I have no issue with others enjoying the skins and am happy for them and their bad taste /s, I just think it's a huge bummer if there will truly be no toggle for them in Infinite.

Too bad we already have a giant snowman head coming lol

EDIT: beaten

Sargerus

â–˛ Legend â–˛
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Some look good, some are completely against Halo aesthetics.

Virtua Sanus

Nov 24, 2017
It is irritating how some people suggest anyone against new content are being obtuse due to lore or nostalgia or whatever. I have liked the majority of the cosmetic additions so far and think it is fun to unlock and customize with new content, I do not want to have to disable everything they have been working on all this time just because I think a handful of the additions are awful. These additions directly remove value of the collection for me and I will be less interested in grinding out seasons in general because so much of said seasons are tied to cosmetics.

Perhaps a better way forward would be to individually select seasons you can visually block... But even just typing that out seems like an absurd amount of work. Maybe Infinite has something in place like that.

It's for a 10+ year old set of games...
What does the age of the games have to do with anything? After a certain point it is okay to just add random nonsense to a game?

BSherrod

Oct 27, 2017
Nah, these helmets are fire. I don't know if I can enjoy the pace of Halo 3 these days but I'm tempted to reinstall MCC now.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
E8cAOOBXoAgyxW6

I like the visor colors and even weapon skins but these armors kill the aesthetic. I would appreciate a toggle to turn off armors specifically.

Azerth

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
True that! Back in H3 days on the X360, people were flipping out over a freaking recon helmet

I can't imagine how mindblowing some of these helmets would have been if they were in the same realm as recon or flaming helmets
I remember people wanting a flaming spartan head to

Cranster

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I dig alot of these actually. Some of them will be kind of odd in Halo 3, but alot of them will look nice in Reach.

Oct 25, 2017
The Cyclone State
It is irritating how some people suggest anyone against new content are being obtuse due to lore or nostalgia or whatever. I have liked the majority of the cosmetic additions so far and think it is fun to unlock and customize with new content, I do not want to have to disable everything they have been working on all this time just because I think a handful of the additions are awful. These additions directly remove value of the collection for me and I will be less interested in grinding out seasons in general because so much of said seasons are tied to cosmetics.

Perhaps a better way forward would be to individually select seasons you can visually block... But even just typing that out seems like an absurd amount of work. Maybe Infinite has something in place like that.

What does the age of the games have to do with anything? After a certain point it is okay to just add random nonsense to a game?
Yes.

Actually, it's always fine. Games are fun.

TheVoidDragon

Jan 16, 2018
i feel like they're nice looking in themselves, but at the same time...just why? They're purposefully going against any semblance of an established art style and unified look for stuff, none of these in any way fit in with Halo. It's baffling that in a series that is meant to have a specific sort of look, that the art director would go "Eh, doesn't really matter, do whatever with it" and decide something so clearly out of place with the idea of the "Halo" aesthetic has a place regardless.

I do like these armour designs, but not as part of Halo. We've already seen this sort of thing will carry over to Infinitate too, and it's just such a shame that after all the complaints about the 343i art direction not feeling like Halo anymore that after they'd finally gone back to something more like the classics, they'd do the same thing again.

Last edited:

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
When is season 8 starting? I will reinstall the whole thing just because of this, lol.

It's looks so good, I'm so glad they didn't decide it needs to be the same boring looking people against each other for a lifetime, but now you can actually look like whole different warriors from anywhere in the whole wide universe. And this is great.

cf-belos-concept-8b00b315a873448fa025cf2118a172de.jpg

cf-blackguard-concepts-cd8a902cdf78448badb91fbe854c20ff.jpg

NutterB

Oct 27, 2017
I love them ALL. I need these in Infinite.

I am pretty sure they essentially used MCC as a test bed for content plans and creation for Infinite.

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020

Yes. And if you hate the nonsense, you can turn it off and it'll be just like the old game.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
The community spent the last 9 years begging 343i to return to a more classic art style, they finally listened and that aesthetic will be ruined within the first season of Infinite guaranteed.

darthbob

One Winged Slayer
Nov 20, 2017
These look pretty cool. Much prefer these over the Halo Online armor that we got a while back

WackoWambo

Jan 11, 2018
Love the new armor designs, the medusa one is great!

I was resistant to change for a long time, but I learned it's better to let it go.

Pryme

Aug 23, 2018
When is season 8 starting? I will reinstall the whole thing just because of this, lol.

It's looks so good, I'm so glad they didn't decide it needs to be the same boring looking people against each other for a lifetime, but now you can actually look like whole different warriors from anywhere in the whole wide universe. And this is great.

cf-belos-concept-8b00b315a873448fa025cf2118a172de.jpg

cf-blackguard-concepts-cd8a902cdf78448badb91fbe854c20ff.jpg

Yep. I think it looks good.

"This is not Halo" has been one of the biggest factors holding the franchise back. People desperately resistant to new things.

Milk

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
These are awesome. With the toggle to sate the purists, these should be no issue. These look NUTS (in a good way).

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
Sure. I say why not?. I don't see the harm in it especially if you can toggle that off on your side.

Milk

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I continue to be utterly mind blown that people think the snowman helmet in Infinite will be a permanent thing. If it's not just a fun goofy little event armor for a Christmas celebration then I'll eat crow. But it literally screams "temporary holiday event" skin.

Jaaake

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Still bothers me to this day thay 343i don't add these to their own games instead (Halo 4 or 2A).

I love Halo 3 as much as the next guy but it was great as is. Gimme a reason to touch the other ones.