• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 38361

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 14, 2018
It will be interesting to see what Twitch does for Halo on PC. Ninja started out as a Halo pro/streamer so you know he'll be giving this a try.

Thought of this for some time now. I believe this will make a huge impact in bringing back Halo if the MCC on PC becomes a success at release for sure. I have no doubt in this.

Zonal Hertz

Banned
Jun 13, 2018
Halo reach mp was diabolical. Once no bloom no sprint was added for mlg, the game was playable. Campaign however was fantastic, so I'm very much looking forward to that. Not long now!

Super Barrier

Nov 20, 2017
That Google teaser looks like games Microsoft are working on. Especially the drop ship scene looks like something from Halo. That's the only way I'll be blown away today. The "you're not ready" teases can't be just Halo on PC...

thejpfin

Oct 26, 2017
Finland
It will be interesting to see what Twitch does for Halo on PC. Ninja started out as a Halo pro/streamer so you know he'll be giving this a try.
It's also going to be interesting to see how his audience reacts if he starts to play Halo. Every time he plays something else than Fortnite, kids in the chat start spamming "pls play Fortnite".

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I remember listening to this playing Halo

Is Twitch usually ahead still for these things?

In my experience mixer is.

Dunno what they are doing this episode but there's generally in game stuff you can win by watching.

Quality is better too.

Basically everything about Mixer is better than Twitch except for the population and emotes

Starfire22

Banned
May 5, 2018
Oklahoma
Almost an hour left!

9fc.gif

Spartancarver

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Realistically I think we'll see the following:
- April release with insider flights soon
- 4k/ 60fps
- Capped at 60
- Reach release on MCC PC launch
- Custom browser
- Limited FOV control
- No Ultra wide support
- HDR support
- No Bloom control in Reach
- No crossplay match making but cross play for customs

Possible:
- Game pass exclusive on windows 10.
- Halo 5 folded in before Infinite launch

60 FPS lock would be a bummer but I think I remember at least some of the games' physics being tied to frame rate so I guess that's a possibility.

I guess I'll just have to downsample if there's a 60 FPS lock :D

OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
60fps lock is possible yeah. Because of how the games are. Same with Ultrawide. So having those things in the back of the mind of what can happen is maybe a good thing to do.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
That would be cool. My PC BluRay reader hasn't been used in AGES.
Man, I use mine all the time to rip movies and shows so I can watch them on my computer or stream them to my Xbox (or smart TV). Especially like Dragon Ball stuff so I can watch a lot without having to change the disc every three episodes (or any bluray since I don't have a bluray player app on my pc, just a program that lets me rip them to mkvs)
so um where are you guys watching this?
I always watch things on Mixer just in case they decide to give something away. Usually it's just like... some kind of skin for Sea of Thieves, but I got a copy of Battlefield V for watching a bit of the Game Awards on Mixer, and I didn't even know they were doing a giveaway! This is a much lower-key kind of thing, though.

Flandy

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
How long are these streams usually? Don't think I want to watch for an hour if Halo is the only PC related thing

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
frankly reach hasnt aged all that well IMO visually but 4k60 should look stunning and really elevate the art that game had.

Blue Ninja

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
I'm just about done with my RDR2 replay. I was planning on moving on and replaying RDR next, but if 343 unleashes Reach, I know what I'm doing instead.

Calmine

Jul 5, 2018
Realistically I think we'll see the following:
- April release with insider flights soon
- 4k/ 60fps
- Capped at 60
- Reach release on MCC PC launch
- Custom browser
- Limited FOV control
- No Ultra wide support
- HDR support
- No Bloom control in Reach
- No crossplay match making but cross play for customs

Possible:
- Game pass exclusive on windows 10.
- Halo 5 folded in before Infinite launch

If anything I'd imagine it'll have the same set of features Halo 5 Forge did on PC. Although, it didn't take long for people to mod it with FOV and 21:9 support.

ThreepQuest64

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Germany
My disk drive in my computer isn't even plugged in to the board...
^ since I've upgraded my PC three years ago and all those SATA ports are occupied by my HDDs. Downloading is faster than installing from disc anyways. I remember GTA V with its eight DVDs was taking two hours to install. Downloading the same amount of data takes little less than an hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.