• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Halo REACH's abilities were fun (miss evade) but in terms of balance and being a good quality competitive game it was bad.

Deleted member 54292

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 27, 2019
I really hope they allow us to push LODs out further. Halo 4s LOD transitions are kinda butt on XB1X. The higher resolutions kinda require better LOD management.

Umbrella Carp

Banned
Jan 16, 2019
My only concern right now for this is the Windows 10 store and multiplayer. I have played both Gears Ultimate and Gears 4 recently and have been unable to find a single multiplayer match. I don't know if those games are just dead or it has something to do with my connection but I have zero issues with games on other platforms

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
I really hope they allow us to push LODs out further. Halo 4s LOD are kinda butt on XB1X. The higher resolutions kinda require better LOD.
Halo 4 and 2A still have blob rocks in the distance. I'm guessing this is an engine limitation and not a hardware one.

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Despite its initial appearance resembling the memetic Domino's pizza that barely was, that actually looks like it's reasonably tasty. The zucchini and tomatoes look pretty dang good.

That said, I'm not sure what to make of the cheese on any purportedly vegan pizza. Like, if it's vegan, then that ain't cheese.

If I had one comment on the topping, it wouldn't be about the ingredients, it would be "where's the rest of it?"

Deleted member 16136

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No idea what the MCC was like (other than the initial outrage). Did they give each game it's own multiplayer, or did they mash it all into one?

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
My only concern right now for this is the Windows 10 store and multiplayer. I have played both Gears Ultimate and Gears 4 recently and have been unable to find a single multiplayer match. I don't know if those games are just dead or it has something to do with my connection but I have zero issues with games on other platforms
Huh. Doesn't Gears 4 have crossplay for multiplayer matchmaking? I know it didn't at launch, but I thought they added it at some point.

No idea what the MCC was like (other than the initial outrage). Did they give each game it's own multiplayer, or did they mash it all into one?
The answer is yes.

There are playlists for each game, as well as playlists that mix and match various modes for various games.

Deleted member 54292

Banned
Feb 27, 2019
Halo 4 and 2A still have blob rocks in the distance. I'm guessing this is an engine limitation and not a hardware one.

I know Halo Reach was using a pretty cool LOD management system that I assume evolved into what was used in Halo 4. My hope is we at least have some settings for it, because Reach at 4k will reveal those LOD transitions very clearly lol

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Seems like the biggest potential for disappointment will be release being months away.
At the very least, I think we're getting something today. Whether that something is the PC release, Reach being added (maybe just the campaign, like how ODST omitted Firefight), the customs browser, all of the above, or something else entirely is a different question.

btags

Oct 26, 2017
Gaithersburg MD
So, I don't know if this has been posted in the thread (I tried searching for it), but here is a post from Stinkles in a thread on windows 10:

Hey guys,

You really should upgrade tho.

I never ever shill. Heaven forfend. So this is real talk. If you choose to upgrade to the intuitive, modern, secure and elegantly simple Windows 10 Operating system you will enjoy many years of good fortune, sexual charisma and increased physical beauty.

Also Win 10 now unborks itself if it borkulates your compudador during install.

AND Windows 10 now lets you run Android apps via screen mirroring.

There are also still ways to upgrade for free or at a discount, including Accessibility programs, existing keys for business versions of 7 and 8 and some tinkery looking methods who's legality I am honestly not 100% clear on.

There are no other particular reasons why I am bugging you to install Windows.

Except Notice me Satya-Senpai

Maybe I am reading too much into it, but that seems like some more indication of a pc release. Link to post.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017

It's all brought together. With the match composer, you pick the games and game types you actually want to play and then the system will find matches that fit your criteria.

Within the match composer they also have presets that ensure the best chances for finding games quickly.

mcc-superduperfiesta-200776c136b644ec9077b040207fdfe2.jpg

Xwing

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
Couldn't find that many sources due to not being an game dev or an engine enthusiast myself, but here's the Halopedia article on the Halo 3 engine, which all future Halo engines (as well as the Destiny engine) pretty much are an evolution of (and is itself an evolution of the Halo 2 engine):
https://www.halopedia.org/Halo_3_Engine
And here's Bonnie Ross talking about why they switched to the Slipstream Engine for Infinite due to the drawbacks of using the Halo engine on IGN Unfiltered:

This more than anything gives me hope for Halo: Infinite being more responsive to the player base's desires. If they have designed Slipstream in an intelligent way, it'll make rapid changes a lot easier. Halo 2's engine, from Bungie's own developer commentary in 2007, was a legendary hot mess and to think that it was the basis of everything going forward is kind of hilarious.

ItsBobbyDarin

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Egyptian residing in Denmark
I really want pizza now. But I already have a giant pork chop in the oven, and it has been sitting there for almost 2 hours getting ready. Pizza at E3, when they show Halo Infinite.

This more than anything gives me hope for Halo: Infinite being more responsive to the player base's desires. If they have designed Slipstream in an intelligent way, it'll make rapid changes a lot easier. Halo 2's engine, from Bungie's own developer commentary in 2007, was a legendary hot mess and to think that it was the basis of everything going forward is kind of hilarious.

Didn't they create a new engine for Halo 4?

Deleted member 16136

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's all brought together. With the match composer, you pick the games and game types you actually want to play and then the system will find matches that fit your criteria.

Within the match composer they also have presets that ensure the best chances for finding games quickly.

mcc-superduperfiesta-200776c136b644ec9077b040207fdfe2.jpg

Interesting, could be fun if there's enough players (well, there should be if this goes cross-platform), otherwise you can guarantee the majority of those options would never get played.

ThreepQuest64

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Germany
Couldn't find that many sources due to not being an game dev or an engine enthusiast myself, but here's the Halopedia article on the Halo 3 engine, which all future Halo engines (as well as the Destiny engine) pretty much are an evolution of (and is itself an evolution of the Halo 2 engine):
https://www.halopedia.org/Halo_3_Engine
And here's Bonnie Ross talking about why they switched to the Slipstream Engine for Infinite due to the drawbacks of using the Halo engine on IGN Unfiltered:

Alright, thanks, much appreciated!

DatManOvaDer

Oct 25, 2017
Theres gonna be some downside:
Release is months away
Reach is incomplete (campaign only)
Very limited PC options (No FoV slider)

Pick one (or multiple lol)

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Interesting, could be fun if there's enough players (well, there should be if this goes cross-platform), otherwise you can guarantee the majority of those options would never get played.

343 does weekly and monthly updates to make sure games are found consistently. Since they introduced the match composer outside of the MCC insider builds, I don't think I've waited for more than a minute before finding a match, mind you for a while I was only playing CE, 2 and 2A because I was sick of 3 and didn't want to play 4.

Selbran

Oct 25, 2017
Gonna be in class when the stream starts. I can't wait to leave class and hopefully see all the good news. :3

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Theres gonna be some downside:
Release is months away
Reach is incomplete (campaign only)
Very limited PC options (No FoV slider)

Pick one (or multiple lol)

I could see Reach being campaign only due to the way things like Invasion were setup. Also, I'm hoping they have figured out a way to handle the customization better than they did with 3/4 in MCC.

ceiling

Feb 27, 2019
I really just need a good set of options. Please. Halo 5: Forge options were a small step in the right direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.