• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

FusionNY

Oct 25, 2017
Made a higher quality comparison pic
zmwyW6V.png
Reminds me of those home console vs Switch comparisons like Immortals or Doom.

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
That looks gorgeous, but I also never had any problem with the reveal last summer. 🤷🏻‍♂️

DopeyFish

Oct 25, 2017
im just glad that now textures aren't so invisible anymore

they were always there but just a combination of things just made everything look so muddy

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, these look way better and the different times of day, amazing.
It's so much better without those pillars which are probably still there, hopefully better when they see them again but man, that pure Halo look is awesome.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
If that's indicative, it's one of the better TOD systems I've seen in a game for sure. Wow.

It looks damn impressive. It's one thing to have a time of day system, but it's another thing entirely to convey that through proper lighting such that objects/terrain change in mood and tone.

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, these look way better and the different times of day, amazing.
It's so much better without those pillars which are probably still there, hopefully better when they see them again but man, that pure Halo look is awesome.
I think one of the reasons the pillars looked so bad was be lighting just wasn't right.

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
Holy shit those screenshots look fucking incredible. I thought that the gameplay demo looked pretty good in motion (those promotional screenshots though... holy shit were those rough) but holy shit these new screenshots look a solid several steps above what was shown in July.

The lighting just looks so much better, and it really allows the texture quality to really shine through as well

Bungie

Oct 31, 2017
Looks better than before, but the LOD has everything more than 30 metres away looking like an oil painting

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Where's the XSX screenshots. Those are from PC, right?

Coming

In the same spirit, we've been regularly reviewing the Xbox versions of Halo Infinite with our multiple partner teams. And while the work-in-progress images we are presenting today are captured on a PC - which we'll dive deeper on in a future blog post - we are committed to deliver a great experience and high level of visual fidelity across all platforms." - Alex Le Boulicaut, Graphics Producer

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
That night time shot reminds of the bit in Return of the Jedi when Luke hands himself into Vader, looks so sweet.

SCUMMbag

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Screenshots look much better.

No idea how this game will ultimately turn out but Joe Statens little piece really shows that he understands Halo.

It's the first time I've heard anyone at 343 sound like they get it. Exciting times.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Do we know if there will be other environments (snow, desert, jungle, etc) or does the entire game share the same environment shown in these pictures?
There will definitely be hugely varied environments like every Halo game but they're focusing on this first section of the game as it's what we saw last year, so we can see how it has improved.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
Im so pumped people are seeing some new stuff from us today!! 🥰 cant wait for you guys to play the game.

The time of day screenshots are extremely impressive. And I love hearing how the team is looking to build and expand on the sense of openness and adventure that Halo: CE offered.

"Legacy" and "Simplicity" is what I've wanted since Halo 4. I'm so happy with the visual designs in Infinite. Its like too good to be true.

Exactly. I hated the art direction for Halo 4 and 5.

Love what I'm seeing with Infinite, both in terms of art and gameplay options.

Fingers crossed on the multiplayer.

Bungie

Oct 31, 2017
This is snipped at full res, although you might need to open in a new tab to see it at the exact resolution:

image.png

Reminds me of the oil effects you can achieve from injectors. Why would you take screenshots at 3840 x 2160 without anti-aliasing? If anyone opens it full size it just makes everything look terrible

Bigfellahull

Prophet of Truth
Mar 6, 2018
Wow it looks so good! Just imagine seeing it in motion at a smooth clean 60fps. Love the changes to the HUD. And story details snuck in! This could be the most hyped I've been for a Halo since 2 or 3.