• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

dusan

Aug 2, 2020
Ht2ik6JRkiTsUQq8u99gea-1200-80.png
Holy smokes! I forgot that they were promoting with this image.

canderous

Prophet of Truth
Jun 12, 2020
Looks like they've ditched those steel cylinder wall things which is a big improvement alone.

I can see some in the background of this shot, but they look more textured now and not completely flat. Overall they've drastically reduced them in the world though.

It looks stunning. 343i finally nailed the artstyle of Halo without lights and shinyness everywhere. It's like Halo 1 looks in my mind.
Yeah. If you were to do a complete modern remake of Halo CE this is the sort of look I would picture for it.

Bulby

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Berlin
If the Banished bases look like that concept art Ill be happy. Looks sooo much better than the generic sci fi space crates from the demo.

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
"There are missions that will pull you through the "Golden Path" of the primary narrative, but more than any previous game, we are breaking down the walls to create a more open play space offering exploration and discovery. What is that odd tower in the distance, I see a smoke signal over that ridge, what is the source of the odd hum? Go find out. There are entire stories to be discovered. I often describe the experience offered by Zeta Halo as "Halo unleashed" because it is all the experiences and stories you love from Halo presented in a world where you have so much more freedom to explore and discover unexpected adventures."

Chills. This is exactly what I want.

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
For example, if you zoom into some of this month's screenshots, you'll catch glimpses of the wildlife that inhabits the ring. Halo Infinite's campaign doesn't have a crafting system, however, and you won't spend time hunting and skinning animals to make better gear for Master Chief. Spartans wear Mjolnir assault armor. They don't need leather boots.

What you will spend time doing is plummeting from a rocky overlook into the heart of an enemy patrol, eliminating their leader with a well-stuck Plasma grenade, using your Grappleshot to pull his power weapon off the ground and into your hands, and then empty its magazine into the rest of the patrol, scattering the nearby wildlife back into their burrows.

Which is to say, we've designed Halo Infinite so that you're freer than you've ever been to do what Spartan super-soldiers do best: survey a battlespace, plan your attack, engage the enemy, deal with whatever surprises the sandbox throws your way, and then rearm for the next battle.

Wonderful to read.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
Its looking fantastic!

And I really liked this point
due to the extreme damage that Zeta has endured, these hexes are exposed and displaced creating a dynamic landscape that gives us a unique visual and allows for some really fun gameplay.

I don't think many people that are complaining about the look of the hex pillars considered that the world might be shifting dynamically :D

GING-SAMA

Banned
Jul 10, 2019
Man, this look so much better.

But the biggest thing is how seamlessly the forerunner structure is integrated to the world.

And this :
"There are missions that will pull you through the "Golden Path" of the primary narrative, but more than any previous game, we are breaking down the walls to create a more open play space offering exploration and discovery. What is that odd tower in the distance, I see a smoke signal over that ridge, what is the source of the odd hum? Go find out. There are entire stories to be discovered. I often describe the experience offered by Zeta Halo as "Halo unleashed" because it is all the experiences and stories you love from Halo presented in a world where you have so much more freedom to explore and discover unexpected adventures."

I'm so hype ! If they can Add RT at launch it will be superb but I doubt.

Welfare

Prophet of Truth - You’re my Numberwall
Oct 26, 2017
If the Banished bases look like that concept art Ill be happy. Looks sooo much better than the generic sci fi space crates from the demo.
You can see one in the bottom left of the Banshee pic.

The Banished style looks incredible when actually somewhat polished.

Femme Man

Oct 28, 2017
Can't believe I'm saying this, but the game is sloooowly starting to look similar to the first announcement trailer. Hoping the first flight for MP is in April!

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FUUUUUUUCCCKKKKKKKK YAAAAAASSSS!*#*!*!*

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
Looks good but honestly I still liked the early showing lol. I liked how clean the game looked even though it lacked in certain elements.

I bet the game could look so much better if base Xbox One wasn't shackled to it.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's perfect. 343i have nailed the Halo in tone. Good lord.

DanielG123

Jul 14, 2020
Holy shit, the differences from last July are STAGGERING. That sniper is sexy as fuck. Infinite is shaping up to to be a visual stunner just based off of the images we've gotten this month and last month. 343 are putting in work.

Koukalaka

Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
It's got a very "clean" look to it, for want of a better word.

Reminds me of Halo:CE in a good way. I always felt the Anniversary edition lost some of the visual identity of the original by adding a lot more "clutter" to environments despite the improvements - if that makes sense.