• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Coolduderedux

Oct 25, 2017
Just opened up the Mega Construx Halo Infinite Energy Sword set and it came with a "ULC" code for Halo infinite to be redeemed at halowaypoint.com/redeem.

Redeemed the code and it says I got a weapon charm that will be unlocked when the game ships. Someone on Reddit posted a screen shot of what the Nerf rfile unlocks.

Disclaimer also mentioned Halo Infinite contains "in app purchases" so surprise, surprise there will likely be microtransactions.

Rocketz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
I mean its F2P. Of course it was going to.

Can't wait for the Legandary Halo 1 skin for 1200 Halo points or whatever they use.

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
WastefulGroundedLiger-size_restricted.gif

I am fine with it though honestly.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
We've known about skins for ages haven't we? Halo 5 has like 1,000 cosmetics or something and they even added weapon and vehicle skins to Halo CE in the MCC.

Infinite having weapon skins should be the least surprising thing ever. I'd be surprised if it didn't have cosmetic unlocks in this day and age.

TitlePending

The Fallen
Dec 26, 2018
Makes sense. As an avid Apex player I honestly never notice the skins or charms outside of the select screen.

Oct 27, 2017
so skins are obvious. what are charms? do they change weapon behaviour functionally or could they be an additional cosmetic effect when firing (eg grunt birthday party, or something like changing the colour or vfx of rounds that are fired)?

Rndom Grenadez

Prophet of Truth
Dec 7, 2017
I see no problem as long as they are only cosmetics. Cosmetic items are also so stupid in my opinion. Adds nothing to the actual gameplay, but people buy them in droves.

In Amber Clad

static and disarray
Aug 26, 2018
London

Rocketz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
so skins are obvious. what are charms? do they change weapon behaviour functionally or could they be an additional cosmetic effect when firing (eg grunt birthday party, or something like changing the colour or vfx of rounds that are fired)?
No, but they could do that. COD does that now in Warzone with their weapon blueprint bundles they sell.

Charms are little items that hang from the side of the gun.

Rodelero

Oct 27, 2017
It was inevitable that they'd lean harder and harder into cosmetics going forward. I hope they keep it relatively believable to the world and lore... but as I suspect they won't they may as well go completely off the wall. Go big or go home with this stuff. The half-way house that you see in previous Halo games doesn't satisfy on any front.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
Yeah I have some unlocked in R6 Siege and I never equip them they just look silly and out of place.
I agree. They're wholly out of place, and they also serve to give the studio an excuse to say "we gave you something" when that something is a calling card, a sticker or two for your gun, a charm, a spray, and an emote. Oh look! It's a whole lotta nothing.

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
can there be a voice line of whoever you're playing as saying "charmed, I'm sure" when equipping a charm

Oct 27, 2017
No, but they could do that. COD does that now in Warzone with their weapon blueprint bundles they sell.

Charms are little items that hang from the side of the gun.
Cool -- as long as as much of that stuff is cosmetic as possible then the better the end result will be. H5 introduced a lot of functionality stuff in its MTX but at least it was mainly contained in Warzone and I'd hope that they keep the same balance.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
It was inevitable that they'd lean harder and harder into cosmetics going forward. I hope they keep it relatively believable to the world and lore... but as I suspect they won't they may as well go completely off the wall. Go big or go home with this stuff. The half-way house that you see in previous Halo games doesn't satisfy on any front.
It's been proven at this point that the crazier a legendary skin is, the more people are willing to pay for it. I'm certain that we'll see some wild skins down the line in Infinite.

Rodelero

Oct 27, 2017
It's been proven at this point that the crazier a legendary skin is, the more people are willing to pay for it. I'm certain that we'll see some wild skins down the line in Infinite.

For sure - and I'm okay with that - it's the kinda situation you get with Reach where it's all quite sensible except there's also flaming heads that puts me off.

Dec 20, 2017
I mean obviously. The one thing I really hope they do is seasons that don't expire. I absolutely love that I'm still working on the season 1 unlocks in the MCC. Don't make me feel guilty for playing other games. Hate that shit.