• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
2021-06-13-171u1koq.png

With the recent Halo Infinite flight on PC came a datamine of unrevealed story aspects and features. Inside the datamine is data about all sorts of Halo Infinite content, some that might not even happen or could be later down the road. This thread is to discuss these aspects and keep it all in one thread. No need for spoiler markings in this thread.

Some points to consider
  • This leak isn't everything
  • Some things in this leak might be cut
  • Don't spoil the game outside this thread without using the appropriate markings and spoiler tags.

krakenking189

Feb 21, 2021
Obviously as this goes for everything (and it happened with TLOU2) but remember that we do not have the full context for a lot of this stuff, it's basically the cliff notes for the mid-late game story. It's gonna look disjointed and confusing, but remember we need to see how it looks ingame

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
With what they did to Cortana, it seems that they couldn't dig their way out of hole that Halo 4 & 5 put them in.
I know it has basis in the books - I've read them - but it's disappointing that they just handwaved it with a clone.

I suppose it gives them more options - merge the clone with the original if she's still around, or the original will go out with one last heroic sacrifice, or, have a good old fashioned good Cortana vs bad Cortana theme going on.

And yeah, we don't know the whole story. I'm sure we're missing important pieces.

Gotchaforce

Oct 31, 2017
I'm not deep into Halo lore. I liked the old stories, though. All these new factions bore me and I got tired reading the last part. I wish this was humanity Vs rampant Cortana like how the last game set up, that was exciting. But hey, would be nice to be surprised by how this story goes.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not deep into Halo lore. I liked the old stories, though. All these new factions bore me and I got tired reading the last part. I wish this was humanity Vs rampant Cortana like how the last game set up, that was exciting. But hey, would be nice to be surprised by how this story goes.
Yeah, I'm hoping the game deals with that at least to some extent. I'm really annoyed that 343 can never seem to stick with whatever major storylines they set up in their gamesā€” relegating the Didact to the expanded universe after Halo 4, etc. Hopefully they do keep Cortana as a major antagonist for at least the first part of this game instead of just trying to keep the whole "evil AI" thing to a minimum.

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
It uhā€¦ sounds like a Halo storyline tbh. With the Lore cranked up to 11.

I'm not seeing anything in here that would cause meltdowns ala TLOU 2, but then again Halo Campaigns are all about the gameplay + set pieces for me so maybe I'm not the right person to judge

KillLaCam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Seoul
i hope the precursors (or maybe flood) things look interesting . Need something cool to make up for the loss of the Didact

DemonCarnotaur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
So are we just never gonna see the Forerunners proper again?

Always thought seeing them alive in Halo 4 was more interesting than the megatron promethean enemy types... seems to weird to never properly realize "the forerunners have returned"

Filipus

Prophet of Regret
Avenger
Dec 7, 2017
Yeah, I'm hoping the game deals with that at least to some extent. I'm really annoyed that 343 can never seem to stick with whatever major storylines they set up in their gamesā€” relegating the Didact to the expanded universe after Halo 4, etc. Hopefully they do keep Cortana as a major antagonist for at least the first part of this game instead of just trying to keep the whole "evil AI" thing to a minimum.

Hopefully with Halo Infinite they can finally finish their arcs. It seems the idea is to keep updating the game with campaigns, so even if it ends in a cliffhanger maybe they could do DLC 1-2-3 and finish whatever story they are telling.

Sargerus

ā–² Legend ā–²
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Flood returning + Precursors talk means a great chance the Primordial is coming back
Mythos_Primordial.JPG

Kibbles

Oct 25, 2017
^I don't see anything about the flood?

the lack of diversity is not inspiring, I really hope it's not the full game, but the way it's laid out in the leak the last chapter "finish the fight" so certainly sounds like it

Sargerus

ā–² Legend ā–²
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
^I don't see anything about the flood?

the lack of diversity is not inspiring, I really hope it's not the full game, but the way it's laid out in the leak the last chapter "finish the fight" so certainly sounds like it
Flood combat forms and textures are in the datamine.
kt28v90lfce71.jpg

Last edited:

YaoGuia

Banned
Jan 19, 2021
Can't believe they did the ending to Halo 5 again, "here's a new Proper Noun faction for next time, kids, cut to cliffhanger".

And the one last time didn't matter! The faction didn't even show up!

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
I'm curious what will happen with the Created, as so far not even the books have really delved into what's up with them for the most part. If the Endless are the precursors, I am beginning to wonder if they'll be corrupted by the Flood/Endless and kind of integrated into the forces.

We could have some interesting stuff were Cortana is basically like a new version of Mendicant Bias as well.

Absent

Oct 26, 2017
Perhaps they'll be reworked to only having a few, sparingly used enemy types rather than a full covenant adjacent class like how the Prometheans were

I have to say, the Heatwave does feel a lot more Bungie Forerunner in design
Yeah, anything is possible considering the ring has scattered Forerunner relics.

ryan299

Oct 25, 2017
i hope the precursors (or maybe flood) things look interesting . Need something cool to make up for the loss of the Didact
Was really hoping the Didact would be back. They clearly set him up for be in 5 then he didn't show up. Made no sense and yes I know he was "killed" in a comic which is stupid. Killing off a main character in a comic that 90% of the fan base won't read is just dumb.

I like that the leaks point to more Forerunner and Precursor. I find that really interesting. The Forerunner book trilogy was fantastic.

I liked the idea of evil Cortana but did not like how they executed it, nor did I like the whole AI vs humanity thing they ended up going with at the end of 5.

Jellycrackers

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really intrigued by a of this! It does seem like the early game is missing. From the short E3 Campaign tease this year, it looks like the first mission takes place on a derelict/wrecked ship, in classic Halo form. I'm wondering if its wreckage of the Infinity, and perhaps that's where Chief finds The Weapon? Then they get back down to the ring and that's where the E3 2020 demo starts, with the pelican crash landing.

I guess from there it's then just a matter of surviving against the Banished and defeating Escharum, which accidentally reveals the stuff with the Harbinger/Endless. I'm definitely okay with that structure! I really hope the Harbinger/Endless are intriguing as an enemy and that their tech brings something fresh and original to the universe. I like Halo when it's dealing with more mysterious things like this. I'm also excited to see if there is any connection with the Primordial and ancient humans. This is also the perfect opportunity to bring back the Flood if they're gonna do it, given Zeta Halo's past.

It seems like it's gonna be a nice mix of the big scifi mystery/intrigue overarching plot wrapped around a smaller character plot with Chief and new Cortana's relationship. I hope it delivers!

Nov 2, 2017
Birmingham, AL
I really need to see The Arbiter return and these leaks are not giving me a whole lot of confidence. He's the best written and most stand out character of the entire IP and 343 has done him a disservice. I hope it's altered and the leaks just missing giant chunks.

krakenking189

Feb 21, 2021
I really need to see The Arbiter return and these leaks are not giving me a whole lot of confidence. He's the best written and most stand out character of the entire IP and 343 has done him a disservice. I hope it's altered and the leaks just missing giant chunks.
As much as I love the Arbiter, I'd want 343 to solely focus on Chief for like 1 campaign and for them to just nail his characterization

Then they can add in Arby and the boys from Sangheilos as a free expansion (along with playable elites)

ryan299

Oct 25, 2017
No mention of Cortana really. People are going to be pissed if she's not in the game and it's just the clone.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
No mention of Cortana really. People are going to be pissed if she's not in the game and it's just the clone.
There were other strings not mentioned in the Reddit post that referenced Cortana. I remember there being one related to carrying her to an objective or something. She's in the game.

Welfare

Prophet of Truth - Youā€™re my Numberwall
Oct 26, 2017
That Yokai helmet is exactly what I want from Infinite customization. Give me the wacky but cool as fuck armors.

Also AI in Forge confirmed from this. Technically they could just be models and not fully active but fingers crossed.

Also the sentinel beam. Makes sense since we Staten mentioned in one of the blogs you can find Sentinels. You should be able to kill them and grab a weapon.

Karateka

Oct 28, 2017
Whoever is working on halo needs to pick a villain and enemy faction and stick to them for more than 1 single game...

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
That Yokai helmet is exactly what I want from Infinite customization. Give me the wacky but cool as fuck armors.

Also AI in Forge confirmed from this. Technically they could just be models and not fully active but fingers crossed.

Also the sentinel beam. Makes sense since we Staten mentioned in one of the blogs you can find Sentinels. You should be able to kill them and grab a weapon.
very excited by the customization.

DemonCarnotaur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Seems dataminers are pulling MP data from the flights now, wish there was a solid summary somewhere

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Can't believe they did the ending to Halo 5 again, "here's a new Proper Noun faction for next time, kids, cut to cliffhanger".

And the one last time didn't matter! The faction didn't even show up!
To be fair this is a bit different since this story will be continued in expansions/DLC. Basically all we have here is part 1 of Infinite's story.
Also if the Endless are the Precursors then this is something that's been a long time coming.