• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Banamy

Oct 27, 2017
Are the Prometheans returning? I just don't find them fun to fight at all.
I despise them. Their cannon fodder aren't fun to.kill. Their gameplay loop is boring. They just feel like boring space robots to me. The rework from 4 to 5 didn't work. The fact that forerunner vehicles aren't abundant is so annoying.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Made a little comparison image. The helmet seems to be mainly inspired by the Reach Minor helmet, but with the sides going down further like in 3. It also has a mouth guard similar to the Captain in 3 and Reach, though it is smaller (which could just be an issue with the toy). The body armor seems to be heavily inspired by the Reach Chieftain armor, which is interesting.
My guess is that this is a mid tier rank that will go between Minors, which will have no mouth guard, and Captains, which will have the larger ornate helmet.
KUICGpL.png

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Instead of coming up with UNSC counterparts for Brute weapons to match the DMR, Sniper, AR, Shotgun, etc., how about they do some REALLY cool shit like they do with the Gravity Hammers and Vortex weapons.

You know, because how many precision rifles do we actually need? How many autos do we need?

More unique stuff.

T0kenAussie

Jan 15, 2020
Instead of coming up with UNSC counterparts for Brute weapons to match the DMR, Sniper, AR, Shotgun, etc., how about they do some REALLY cool shit like they do with the Gravity Hammers and Vortex weapons.

You know, because how many precision rifles do we actually need? How many autos do we need?

More unique stuff.
Brutes were meant to be a tribal war like race so I'd love to see them with scavenged primative but effective weapons. A spike grenade launcher, magnum that's part rail gun that shoots chunks of steel. Low ammo but high damage archetypes

ATOMICJORGE

Oct 25, 2017
Lol someone tagged me on the comments of that tweet, I don't know some things look real but some others don't, the AR looks exactly like the Reach one that looks fake to me the Infinite AR is similar but no exactly the same

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017

I say fake, the AR looks identical to Reach, it doesn't have any of the differences we saw on the AR at E3 last year and it even has the green light on the side of the ammo counter that it had in Reach but not in what we've seen for Infinite. There were also other different details that were there at E3 that aren't there in this shot and other Reach details that are there that were there at E3.

OP
OP
Proven

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I say fake, the AR looks identical to Reach, it doesn't have any of the differences we saw on the AR at E3 last year and it even has the green light on the side of the ammo counter that it had in Reach but not in what we've seen for Infinite. There were also other different details that were there at E3 that aren't there in this shot and other Reach details that are there that were there at E3.

The gap on the top looks identical

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

The gap on the top looks identical

the AR doesn't just look like the same fictional model, it looks like a JPEG straight from a Reach screenshot. The particle effect for the shield looks straight out of Reach or 3, the Spartans look pretty ugly like from a fan made thing and something about the amount of blur each element has is off.

I hope it's fake, this looks fucking ugly.

The typeface is also way too thin to be readable in gameplay.

OP
OP
Proven

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
the AR doesn't just look like the same fictional model, it looks like a JPEG straight from a Reach screenshot. The particle effect for the shield looks straight out of Reach or 3, the Spartans look pretty ugly like from a fan made thing and something about the amount of blur each element has is off.

I hope it's fake, this looks fucking ugly.

It is apparently a build from late last year and this is an incredibly blurry image lol. This isn't the final product if it's real.

NippleViking

May 2, 2018
That lighting looks super flat (almost amateurish or outdated) so am inclined to think it's fake. Also, AR and spartan models are literally copy-pasted - given 343i's history, there's little chance they'd simply outright copy the old art. Tho if real, the simplicity is nice

Supposedly the original source of those images was a 4chan thread from earlier today, which stated classic gameplay with thrusters and stabiliser

But most damning of all - that space is literally this with a filter over the top:
kkED924.jpg

Last edited:

ATOMICJORGE

Oct 25, 2017
It looks exactly like the eldewrito Halo Reach weapon mod and the textures of the walls and Spartans look like they come from eldewrito as well

SdoYeCr_d.webp

ATOMICJORGE

Oct 25, 2017
Uz653gb_d.webp

Here is another comparison with the interior of the silent cartographer mission yeah if definitely looks very fake.

OP
OP
Proven

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
imgur.com

Halo Infinite Leak - Trailer - Previous games comparison - Album on Imgur

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more.

Some ways it could be real. The AR from Infinite looks very similar and if the leak is real it's possible the model we see is a placeholder.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
imgur.com

Halo Infinite Leak - Trailer - Previous games comparison - Album on Imgur

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more.

Some ways it could be real. The AR from Infinite looks very similar and if the leak is real it's possible the model we see is a placeholder.
It's fake.

P40L0

Jun 12, 2018
Italy
I'm so impressed how leak-proof this game is
I agree, it's the first time since Halo CE announcement that we have seen ZERO actual gameplay at 6-7 months from a main HALO title launch.

I'm still not that worried tho, I pretty believe the reason this time around is tied with next-gen gameplay showcase in general, which Microsoft wanted to keep secret till the very end (ex-E3 2020).

I also think that "the Halo Infinite Beta" is not intended like Halo 5 or Halo 3 Betas (as a separate packaged games to collect network and general feedback from fans), but it is now more in line to MCC Preview Program, where a vast user base actually and directly participate to the latest development builds, and more concretely help bugfixing the game till launch.

First flight may also be released sooner than later.

Bobbyleejones

Banned
Aug 25, 2019
Equal starts arena fps and ranking system in a halo package. Also being released on xbox and pc the same time..... pinch me

Status
Not open for further replies.