• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
It certainly made missions way more recognizable and memorable. When people said "that sniper mission from Halo CE was sick" everybody knew what mission they meant.

I don't think ammo count was the main reason though, beyond that specific example.

As said elsewhere, juggling weapons and using them cleverly and finding secret caches is much better gameplay.

Not least for multiplayer! :O

Hark

Oct 29, 2017
Grain of salt offcourse

/v/ - Halo Infinite Campaign Leak - Video Games - 4chan

Halo Infinite Campaign Leak - "/v/ - Video Games" is 4chan's imageboard dedicated to the discussion of PC and console video games.
Woah. Not gonna lie, I'm a big fan of

the time travel concept. The idea of an adequate Reach defense vs the Covenant sounds amazing. Very End Game-esque, which isn't a bad thing. A reboot that pays homage to the entirety of the series could be a really fantastic book-end to the Master Chief saga. It finishes his story and doesn't necessarily eradicate the original Covenant in any future games.

I hope it's real! I have faith.

Oct 30, 2017
Chief in the present manages to save Cortana from rampancy, but the damage to the galaxy has already been done with violent civil war erupting everywhere due to Cortana instigating it at the end of Halo 5/Halo 6 by controlling all AI and computers in the galaxy, even those used by aliens. The only way to save this is to use a forerunner tool and activate all the Halo rings at once to create a time rift that sends Cortana back in time to when she was created, and her current state with all her experiences and knowledge will get downloaded into and merge with her self in the past.

That's gonna be a no from me dawg.

DidactBRHU3

Oct 17, 2019
Fortaleza - Ceará
Chief in the present manages to save Cortana from rampancy, but the damage to the galaxy has already been done with violent civil war erupting everywhere due to Cortana instigating it at the end of Halo 5/Halo 6 by controlling all AI and computers in the galaxy, even those used by aliens. The only way to save this is to use a forerunner tool and activate all the Halo rings at once to create a time rift that sends Cortana back in time to when she was created, and her current state with all her experiences and knowledge will get downloaded into and merge with her self in the past.

Total bs leak...

plz

Trey

Oct 25, 2017

Joseph Staten weeps.

Breqesk

Oct 28, 2017
They should add Aliens-style auto-turrets. Halo's never exactly been shy about borrowing from that movie, and 'defend a location from the alien swarm by placing down a set number of turrets'-type objectives can be very fun in shooters. See: Half-Life 2, GTFO.

It is, of course, vital that these turrets fire extremely rapidly and make a cool noise.

That leak sounds like complete BS.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
its like groundhog day, just reset the series every 20 years with time travel and new time line disruptions!

giphy.gif

Prinz Eugn

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I would be surprised if that leak is real, reminds me of that one Gohan Blanco meme/comic where
Gohan is secretly Grandpa Gohan and is stuck in a time loop, travelling back to start over in order to defeat... El Grand Padre? I don't remember exactly.

Anyway.
This seems a little too hackneyed even for 343i, although considering they had machines rise up to kill their masters in the last game I'm not so sure.

spootime

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone else think that the leak sounds pretty plausible? Or at least a plausible direction to take? If there's anything that Halo 4/5 has reinforced for me it's that this forerunner stuff isn't really interesting and they aren't fun enemies. Resetting to make covies the big bad again makes sense

DemonCarnotaur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Anyone else think that the leak sounds pretty plausible? Or at least a plausible direction to take? If there's anything that Halo 4/5 has reinforced for me it's that this forerunner stuff isn't really interesting and they aren't fun enemies. Resetting to make covies the big bad again makes sense
The part that doesn't click for me is all the locations. I suspect Halo Infinite is basically only on that Halo ring.

Buttonbasher

Dec 4, 2017
The amount of callback stuff makes the whole thing read like fan fiction. I feel like specifically the inclusion of Reach stuff feels at odds with the upcoming novel being set there. Feels like that book should take care of that stuff, to the point where returning in game would feel odd.

I've also been highly skeptical of them placing any major plot relevance in having played the Halo Wars games.

Last edited:

Cranster

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You don't need to reboot the franchise or introduce time travel to make the Covenant an antagonist. We have countless Covenant splinter groups that can work including the Banished. There is also the Covenant alliance who are following Cortana.

spootime

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
You don't need to reboot the franchise or introduce time travel to make the Covenant an antagonist. We have countless Covenant splinter groups that can work including the Banished. There is also the Covenant alliance who are following Cortana.
Yeah its just not as much fun when its a covenant splinter group that the UNSC will eventually crush instead of a serious threat to humanity.

ATOMICJORGE

Oct 25, 2017
AShiP0e.png

One week ago I uploaded a video to my YouTube channel (no self promotion intended) exactly about a theory that I have and that one is that Halo Infinite might be a reboot of the series at the end of the game, in order to do this 343 would need to finish all the storylines and plots that haven't been solved yet
(HW2, HR to Halo 5) etc and it would make perfect sense to do it at the end of Infinite

It would be bold yes but my theory has to do with the return of the Flood as a bigger than ever threat and humanity activating the rings in order to save the galaxy and setting up a new Halo time line on the reboot, what do you think?

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
AShiP0e.png

One week ago I uploaded a video to my YouTube channel (no self promotion intended) exactly about a theory that I have and that one is that Halo Infinite might be a reboot of the series at the end of the game, in order to do this 343 would need to finish all the storylines and plots that haven't been solved yet
(HW2, HR to Halo 5) etc and it would make perfect sense to do it at the end of Infinite

It would be bold yes but my theory has to do with the return of the Flood as a bigger than ever threat and humanity activating the rings in order to save the galaxy and setting up a new Halo time line on the reboot, what do you think?
I do hope the flood will play a big part. They're the most interesting thing about Halo to me.

ATOMICJORGE

Oct 25, 2017
I do hope the flood will play a big part. They're the most interesting thing about Halo to me.

Yes I would love to see their return to the bigger scene, their appearence on the Halo Wars 2 DLC Awakening the nightmare was great, however I think the 4 chan leak is fake, we will see in time of course but simply all of the things that the "leaker" has "leaked" it's just to much and only a high 343 or MS employee would know all that kind of information

Black Mantis

Oct 30, 2017
AShiP0e.png

I like it. It contains the return of the Flood, which is a biggie for me, and the thought of humanity activating the rings is actually pretty cool.

Oct 26, 2017
Grain of salt offcourse

/v/ - Halo Infinite Campaign Leak - Video Games - 4chan

Halo Infinite Campaign Leak - "/v/ - Video Games" is 4chan's imageboard dedicated to the discussion of PC and console video games.
No chance of this being true.

I can guarantee playable Brutes will not be in the game, and I can guarantee that if 343i wants this game to be a launching point for a new chapter in the Halo universe that is a good entry point for new fans, they will not flood the game with that many (playable) characters unless the squad system returns, which is not implied by the selection of characters available since they cannot be grouped into squads of 4. Same logic goes for that many locations.

Also, REQ Weapons are too popular to be cut completely, and those two weapon skin examples were ripped directly from the cover of the new Reach book. REQ weapons may not return bearing the same name, but 343i knows they made something fun there and I doubt they'd throw it out just because the REQ Packs were such a hated feature.

Not even moderately convincible, sounds like a 14 year old's wishlist for what they want the new Halo game to be.

His original halo story had corona turn evil :)
Don't think that's accurate seeing how he thought the idea of "a woman becoming drunk on power and wanting to take over the universe" was a laughable story idea.

Also, this full video is well worth a watch, it's really fun and an interesting dive into the development of Halo: CE.

Last edited:

Buttonbasher

Dec 4, 2017

Deleted member 13645

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So this may have been answered, but we've heard 343 talk a little about the Slipspace engine. It seems like a lot of Microsoft's studios use Unreal. Have 343 talked about why they decided to build their own engine vs moving to Unreal? Was Unreal not suited to the open world they were trying to build or such?

ATOMICJORGE

Oct 25, 2017
wered, but we've heard 343 talk a little about the Slipspace engine. It seems like a lot of Microsoft's studios use Unreal. Have 343 talked about why they decided to build their own engine vs moving to Unreal? Was Unreal not suited to the open world the

343 said that the old Halo engine Blam! was pushed to its limits on Halo 5 and were not able to do more on the game and in order to be able to create more and new content and gameplay experiences they need it a new engine and they took some elements of the old one for Slipspace to get that Halo feel

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
Just want to throw my thoughts into the mix in regards to the fake leak.

For fun, let's assume it's real to some degree and at the very least the story plays out similarly. I think it does two general points poorly - being overly fan servicey and too destructive to the past. I will say though, it would be a bold move and probably a grand one (in the sense of scale) for the franchise. It would, at the very least, be better than Halo 5... right?

We know we're getting an Infinite prequel novel featuring Blue Team this year - which is set on Reach; all public knowledge. I feel like we may be able to better have an understanding of the state of the galaxy pre-infinite and if any of it lines up with this leak. That said, even the brief synopsis of the book we do have... doesn't really line up with the leak. Totally down for them to take the multiplayer back out of the universe in terms of canon and just make it a fun arcadey part of the game again like Halo 2 did. Throw crazy game types and elites into the mix.

As we've heard so little about Halo Infinite so far I really want to think they're putting something together we're not expecting. At the very least I know I love the art direction that we've seen so far. Hopefully we see more in the next couple of months - or whenever the new Xbox E3 digital event is held.

Black Mantis

Oct 30, 2017
I feel like I got that moment out of the activation of the ring at the end of Halo 3, personally.

But we knew that only served to destroy the Ark, so of no real threat to the galaxy at large. Having an actual galaxy-resetting event would be much more dramatic and quite the turn of events, given we've spent the entire franchise to date to prevent the rings from doing so.

Welfare

Prophet of Truth - You’re my Numberwall
Oct 26, 2017
I've had an idea for post launch support that can resemble Spartan Ops and use the different characters outside of Chief's story.

You call the mode Headhunters and they are one mission sets that follow a certain character, like Locke or Arbiter. Maybe what they were doing during Infinite's campaign, or follow what happened between Infinite and 5, or go far back in the past.

Like, one update could have Noble 6 and we play a mission he did before the events of Reach.

Banamy

Oct 27, 2017

I can guarantee playable Brutes will not be in the game, and I can guarantee that if 343i wants this game to be a launching point for a new chapter in the Halo universe that is a good entry point for new fans, they will not flood the game with that many (playable) characters unless the squad system returns, which is not implied by the selection of characters available since they cannot be grouped into squads of 4. Same logic goes for that many locations.

Also, REQ Weapons are too popular to be cut completely, and those two weapon skin examples were ripped directly from the cover of the new Reach book. REQ weapons may not return bearing the same name, but 343i knows they made something fun there and I doubt they'd throw it out just because the REQ Packs were such a hated feature.

Not even moderately convincible, sounds like a 14 year old's wishlist for what they want the new Halo game to be.

Don't think that's accurate seeing how he thought the idea of "a woman becoming drunk on power and wanting to take over the universe" was a laughable story idea.

Also, this full video is well worth a watch, it's really fun and an interesting dive into the development of Halo: CE.

Go to

Except in that video at 22:20, Jason Jones clearly says there was an earlier alternate story where cortana goes berserk with power.

Mr_DyZ

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 12, 2019

Eh, that seems like the most plausible thing out of all the leaked info. While popular, they've said they're trying to draw inspiration from prior Halo's, haven't' they (or something to that effect)? I could see that. Aren't REQ Weapons a Halo 5 specific thing? Not the most popular Halo title among fans, but I don't mind it (or the REQ weapons).

I hope Infinite knocks it out of the park. For a long time, Halo was a system-buying title. The series was that good. But given the last few installments, and the long gap between a new title and not hearing anything, I feel like hype around the franchise has kind of just disappeared. Hope that isn't the case long term, and that when footage is finally shown, people latch back on. I don't think Halo will ever hit H2/H3 (more so 3) popularity as far as playerbase goes, but it would be nice.

Oct 26, 2017
Go to

Except in that video at 22:20, Jason Jones clearly says there was an earlier alternate story where cortana goes berserk with power.
It was a proposed story idea, but I can't say if Staten came up with it, and also it was scrapped for being clearly laughably bad. I mean why do you think they're teasing each other like that over it? Was cut for a reason.

Cranster

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It was a proposed story idea, but I can't say if Staten came up with it, and also it was scrapped for being clearly laughably bad. I mean why do you think they're teasing each other like that over it? Was cut for a reason.
And then they made Halo 3 which had a laughably bad story compared to the first two games.

Status
Not open for further replies.