• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Halo needs to have its own reveal really. Like Cyberpunk or Death Stranding. Just set the Twitch/Mixer channel on with a countdown. That will generate alot of hype and then reveal the game with a trailer and gameplay. All eyes on it.

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020
Disagree. It's more than just a game for Microsoft - it's the tip of their spear for the next generation of hardware too. You want the first look at it to be on the biggest media stage possible, as part of the same conference where you're effectively making your sales pitch for why you need to buy their new console.

The game's existence has already been officially "revealed", and we've had a cinematic teaser trailer. All that is left is seeing the actual game for the first time, and you don't waste that on a Mixer stream a couple of months before E3.

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
If they wait until E3 to start flighting, what are they going to be able to meaningfully change about how the game plays?

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020
If they wait until E3 to start flighting, what are they going to be able to meaningfully change about how the game plays?

The game probably comes out in November. If they started flighting the same week as E3, it would give them five months. You can do a lot in five months, aside from changing truly "big ticket" things that would have needed to be timeboxed way in advance.

They could very well start doing closed flights earlier than that. Personally I could see them doing flights for the Xbox One version of Infinite multiplayer prior to E3, since it wouldn't spoil much for the next-gen version. Especially if they restricted the testing to known, classic Halo modes.

blue_phazon

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Judging from this angle, it looks like the raised bit on the AR is a scope. Maybe this indicates zoom for AR is back??

C5gmLCP_d.jpg

Hudsoniscool

Banned
Jun 5, 2018
They had to make an engine (which can take a long time). Keep that in mind and you won't be disappointed
When a few dozen people build the engine what does the other 400+ devs do? Kick rocks?

If the game releases and doesn't have a lot of content, or the scope is smaller than it should be it won't be because of the engine. It will be because of refocusing and other development issues.

Remember Bonnie Ross said the engine was created because the last one was terrible. Making content took way too long. The slipspace engine is supposed to much much quicker for making things and implementing systems.

Oct 27, 2017
Do we think the Covenant are going to be the main bad guys again or do we still fight the forunner bots? I feel like H5 made a big deal out of the Covenant remnants finally being defeated.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
Thoughts on the new Jackal designs seen at Toy Fair?

If the figures are an indication on how they'll look in the game, then I'm really happy.

With more specs of the Series X confirmed, the thing is an absolute monster. The Xbox One better not hold Infinite back.

Quite curious about this, because I just can't imagine that it'll be held back. But if it is... then I hope it isn't anything significant which is immediately noticeable and detrimental to the gameplay experience.

Arx

Oct 25, 2017
With more specs of the Series X confirmed, the thing is an absolute monster. The Xbox One better not hold Infinite back.
I actually hope that the more demanding modes in Infinite (campaign, Warzone, BTB, huge Forge maps) will be 30 FPS on the One S and One X due to their weak CPUs. Arena will run at 60 still.
Then, the Series X can run everything at 60 FPS or even 120 FPS for Arena.
Either that, or they developed some more of the "framerate magic" they employed for Halo 5 already with everything outside a certain radius getting rendered at lower framerates.

Welfare

Prophet of Truth - You’re my Numberwall
Oct 26, 2017
I actually hope that the more demanding modes in Infinite (campaign, Warzone, BTB, huge Forge maps) will be 30 FPS on the One S and One X due to their weak CPUs. Arena will run at 60 still.
Then, the Series X can run everything at 60 FPS or even 120 FPS for Arena.
Either that, or they developed some more of the "framerate magic" they employed for Halo 5 already with everything outside a certain radius getting rendered at lower framerates.
Infinite will still be 60FPS on Xbox One. Series X will have Ray tracing, higher quality textures, and maybe even a higher internal frame rate while not needing a dynamic resolution. XB1 won't need to render all that.

What I hope is that modes like Warzone and BTB can have player cap increases on Series X. Like 48 players in Warzone, and 24 in BTB.

I still don't see how the campaign won't be massively held back as its design will need to work with the limited tech in XB1.

AustinFordGames

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
New Braunfels, Texas
433d3dfd3b15265180cf36f8b8de133d.png

If you mean this, it is a scope. A woman took it off the rail in one of the toy fair videos.
Judging from this angle, it looks like the raised bit on the AR is a scope. Maybe this indicates zoom for AR is back??

C5gmLCP_d.jpg
I'm sorry, that's not a scope. That's an ammo counter. It's existed in every single Halo game that's had an Assault Rifle. This model is just more reminecent of Halo: Reach, than Halo 3 or 5.

blue_phazon

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sorry, that's not a scope. That's an ammo counter. It's existed in every single Halo game that's had an Assault Rifle. This model is just more reminecent of Halo: Reach, than Halo 3 or 5.
I know reach has it stick out as well. But with this one, it looks like the front side is glass or transparent. With the reach AR, the front looks solid

Arx

Oct 25, 2017
Infinite will still be 60FPS on Xbox One. Series X will have Ray tracing, higher quality textures, and maybe even a higher internal frame rate while not needing a dynamic resolution. XB1 won't need to render all that.

What I hope is that modes like Warzone and BTB can have player cap increases on Series X. Like 48 players in Warzone, and 24 in BTB.

I still don't see how the campaign won't be massively held back as its design will need to work with the limited tech in XB1.
Making the campaign run at 30 Fps would be a start. Sure it will limit the next-gen version no matter what, but it could make the difference less stark.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Shinobi effectively confirmed that there'll be a dedicated Series event some time before E3. We've also had Tom Warren suggest there'll be an event in Spring - and if memory serves, I believe he said April (?).

Think it's safe to say we won't be waiting until E3 for Infinite gameplay. Hell, we're probably less than 2 months away from the first showing.
April XSX event with Halo Infinite gameplay reveal and the first Flight in May sounds good.

Flipyap

Oct 25, 2017
I felt like the pics from NYTF of the Halo Infinite toys were insufficient so I just went and got some myself
Thank you!

Thoughts on the Grunt design?
EYe5Y2n.png

I like it, though the lines on the head look weird, might look better in game. Not sure how I feel about the hands being bumpy and then just going smooth on the forearm, again might look better in game.
Looks like another half-step away from the mess 343 made when they first took over. It seems they've restored the Halo 3 Jackal design, so why do they keep holding on to the chunky bits of the biggest dump they've taken on a Bungie design? What did my people do to deserve this?
This Grunt looks like some kinda Frankiestein's monster cobbled together from parts of Reach (best) and Halo 4 (worst) Grunts. It actually looks like they've reverted the improvements made in Halo 5 (the crustacean exoskeleton) and brought back the rocky arm and leg texture.

scdJviC.png

At least they finally got their cute little Grunty dicks back. Baby steps.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Thank you!

Looks like another half-step away from the mess 343 made when they first took over. It seems they've restored the Halo 3 Jackal design, so why do they keep holding on to the chunky bits of the biggest dump they've taken on a Bungie design? What did my people do to deserve this?
This Grunt looks like some kinda Frankiestein's monster cobbled together from parts of Reach (best) and Halo 4 (worst) Grunts. It actually looks like they've reverted the improvements made in Halo 5 (the crustacean exoskeleton) and brought back the rocky arm and leg texture.

scdJviC.png

Yeah, I would have rathered they used elements from 5 instead of 4 for the Grunts, but the armor looks so much better and having the pointy bottom helps a lot.

VeryHighlander

The Fallen
May 9, 2018
Can't believe we're getting major Halo : Infinite design reveals through...toy merchandising before an actual trailer or leak or anything. Very non-traditional for Halo. Kinda boring if im being honest. This shit is kinda wack but at least we're getting something. How much longer until E-frickin-3

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Can't believe we're getting major Halo : Infinite design reveals through...toy merchandising before an actual trailer or leak or anything. Very non-traditional for Halo. Kinda boring if im being honest. This shit is kinda wack but at least we're getting something. How much longer until E-frickin-3
Same thing happened with some Halo 4 enemies actually.

Flipyap

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I would have rathered they used elements from 5 instead of 4 for the Grunts, but the armor looks so much better and having the pointy bottom helps a lot.
It does, but that's mainly because they've directly copied the Reach methane tank design. I'm kinda iffy on the rest, at least in this weirdly glossy textureless toy form. It looks so fancy, it's almost like he's wearing a Grunty Mjolnir.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
It does, but that's mainly because they've directly copied the Reach methane tank design. I'm kinda iffy on the rest, at least in this weirdly glossy textureless toy form. It looks so fancy, it's almost like he's wearing a Grunty Mjolnir.
Could be armor from Cortana. The blockiness could also work with the Banished.

Last edited:

DemonCarnotaur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Thank you!

scdJviC.png

Yeah I'm super bummed by the grunt design here - not sure why 343 decided to strip away what made them so unique with their physiology

AustinFordGames

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
New Braunfels, Texas
I know reach has it stick out as well. But with this one, it looks like the front side is glass or transparent. With the reach AR, the front looks solid
It's still a sort of sight at least in this case with the real NERF gun.
It's a prototype. Look at the this render, and you can see the ammo count on the screen. Right click, open the image in a new tab, and you can clearly see the ammo count readout:
hi_stinger_chipout_wtrmk-e8caa78e6a444e5d97995919850151db.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.