• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017

Details:
  • 1 Arena Map called Catalyst
  • 1 BTB Map called Breaker
  • New Battle Pass
  • 1000 Credits earnable in the Premium tier of the Battle Pass
  • New and returning Gametypes such as Last Spartan Standing and King of the Hill
  • Co-op slated for a mid Season 2 update

Last edited:

Tactical Tumbler

Sr QA Analyst
Verified
May 26, 2021
1) That armor looks sick

2) What the heck is this thing?

unknown.png

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
The key art is nice. Like the look of the center spartan. Looks like the GRD Helmet is coming back going by the left spartan.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
One new arena map and one big team map?
It's just too little too late imo. The game was already pretty weak on content when it released... No forge, no co-op.

oof.

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
I will give it a shot but honestly Iwould have preferred 2 new maps for each part of the game considering how small the map pool was at launch.

Yudoken

Jun 7, 2019
I'm still waiting for the optimization, Ray tracing and DLSS update (both multi and singleplayer). I really was not impressed in what state it was when I've tried out for a day around when it launched.

And I know MS is MS but I'm not gonna lie if they natively support Dualsense on pc (like Deathloop and other games) I would probably stick with it when done right (and would distract me how unfair the magnetism and overall help with the controller is).
It would be insanity how much fun it can become due to the endless ways to implement features which would fit perfectly with the game (adaptive trigger with the guns, haptic feedback for stuff like sticky grenades on you, the armor sound and ai via the pad speakers). The games that support it natively on pc significantly made them more fun for me but even audio haptics straight up is great.

Last edited:

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
What was that little cinematic at the start? Looks new.

Likely continuing to place our multiplayer spartans into the story with Commander Agryna, ala the training mode in the initial game. Really curious how they continue to expand on this - it sounded like a big focus that we havent heard muc about recently.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
It's not enough to pull me back, but what I'm seeing looks nice. Will wait until they deliver on more promises/features/fixes though. Honestly mostly waiting on Forge, so think I'll be back by then.

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Not sure this will pull me away from Apex Legends, but I'll see what they've got.

OP
OP
Akai

Akai

Oct 25, 2017

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I just hope they add a way to earn credits and fixes complaints on the game
They talked in a blog post this week that you'll be able to earn 1000 credits through the battle pass. So you'll have the opportunity to earn your money back every season

www.halowaypoint.com

Season 1 Outcomes Report – Live

<p>This week, we’re doing another Outcomes report that’s focused on our Live Team’s responsibilities. In it, we’ll cover feedback on Halo Infinite’s Customization, Shop, Battle Pass, Progression, Challenges, Ultimate Rewards, Events, Theater, Observer Mode, and more.</p>

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
also did i miss something, what's the deal with the red wall that's @ 15 seconds? are they teasing their br mode?

Yudoken

Jun 7, 2019
Just forwarding what I've heard, but people said that ain't happening, due to AMD being a partner for this game.

6gqg9BKE82xjfkYWDDqR2E-1024-80.jpg.webp

Yeah, about that. Horizon for pc had a big marketing cooperation with AMD and later got DLSS and significant upgrades. With Halo I can't even tell what the cooperation is about. Infinite performance and AA is pretty lackluster and bad overall and desperately needs and overhaul. I won't lie I don't believe that AMD is actively trying to prevent DLSS to be implemented. I don't know if it's a time limited thing but at the end of the day they need to do it. The game desperately asks for it especially on a 4k screen,