• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vidpixel

Oct 27, 2017
As far as the eventual cross core customization is concerned, 343 said they're starting with helmets and visors first right? Want my Mark VII helmet on the new core tbh

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
When cross core customization is a thing, it would be nice if 343 allows us to make multiple Spartans to choose between, sort of like a "closet" of different armor sets we put together and "save" to keep it as a set.

UraMallas

Nov 1, 2017
United States
Got a really good roll on challenges this week so I think I'm going to try for the ultimate reward.

Do we know what the capstone/ultimate challenge is this week yet?

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
Let's play a fun game -- How long until 343 changes the LSS ring to start shrinking earlier in the match?

This week? Next week? Next month? Mid Season? End Season? Season 3+? Never?

Are you having a lot of overly slow-paced matches? If anything, the pace seems perfect, and the final ring contraction is just there to funnel in the survivors for the last face-off. Sneaking is a big part of how people play, and the map seems deliberately sized for it to work without feeling empty (i.e., it's not too big at full size). If I were forced out of the gameplay part of LSS way earlier in the match, I wouldn't like it.

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Are you having a lot of overly slow-paced matches? If anything, the pace seems perfect, and the final ring contraction is just there to funnel in the survivors for the last face-off. Sneaking is a big part of how people play, and the map seems deliberately sized for it to work without feeling empty (i.e., it's not too big at full size). If I were forced out of the gameplay part of LSS way earlier in the match, I wouldn't like it.
In most of my matches, most players are eliminated before the ring starts to move. I'd like the ring to be a factor while more of the lobby is alive.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017

For me, more often then not, the map is still huge when there are almost no players left. So the action slows to a crawl.

I think having the size of the ring be a function of the # of remaining players would be sweet.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
In most of my matches, most players are eliminated before the ring starts to move. I'd like the ring to be a factor while more of the lobby is alive.

Gotcha. I think the current structure is basically a reactive procession of [when (X) players remain = restrict to size (Y)], which means they could change it if it made sense for gameplay.

Judau

Oct 28, 2017
Are service tags bugged for anyone else or is it just me? They used to show up in LSS, at least, but they don't even show there now.

Last edited:

Trup1aya

Oct 25, 2017
Gotcha. I think the current structure is basically a reactive procession of [when (X) players remain = restrict to size (Y)], which means they could change it if it made sense for gameplay.

Right now it starts shrinking after 5min or when everyone is out of respawns

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
Are service tags bugged for anyone else or is it just me? They used to show up in LSS, at least, but they don't even show there now.
They've mostly not appeared for me in season 2, but they don't serve much purpose in Infinite so it doesn't bother me. Actually makes me wish I could go back and properly delete mine now, but the game does not allow you to set a blank service tag despite it being the default.

BobLoblaw

This Guy Helps
Oct 27, 2017
When cross core customization is a thing, it would be nice if 343 allows us to make multiple Spartans to choose between, sort of like a "closet" of different armor sets we put together and "save" to keep it as a set.
Fuck. Yes. I've been asking for this forever. It's kinda basic, especially with them selling all kinds of armor sets. Let me save some armor, weapon, backdrop, spartan id sets. Sometimes I want to roll with Mk VII, but want a different color scheme or setup. I shouldn't have to manually update everything individually each time. Give us like 6 or 7 save slots. Charge for more slots if you want.

Trup1aya

Oct 25, 2017
Why do you spawn outside the safe zone during a showdown? It's like instant loss.

I guess the only alternative would enable spawn killing.

Is it true that they reduced the ring damage by 75% today? I wish they'd completely remove the damage to spawning players and just give them a set amount of time to leave.

Judau

Oct 28, 2017

They'll probably let us keep the slots we have now, but instead of being tied to different cores, they'll just become armor slots like what you're describing.

They've mostly not appeared for me in season 2, but they don't serve much purpose in Infinite so it doesn't bother me. Actually makes me wish I could go back and properly delete mine now, but the game does not allow you to set a blank service tag despite it being the default.

I wouldn't miss them if they're gone, but they should at least get rid of the brackets if they're gonna be blank for whatever reason (whether bugged or not).

Defect

Oct 25, 2017
It's always the stupid deaths that ruin a perfection ;(

t4QcszR.png

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
From 'quake area to big OH.
It took me like 10 seconds to orient myself out of one. I actually caught the other guy slipping because he was waiting so long and must've thought I died. I placed first. Lol

Yes. I realized there is a tiny waypoint.

Also, I know that last Barton standing counts as free-for-all, but it's kind of dumb to have a challenge and not a named playlist that matches it.

Aw, during loading it showed the landing zone with nothing that I tried to get a screenshot, but then it went to the loading splash screen.

Milk

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Who thought it was a good idea to add a glass breaking sound to my cherry blossoms kill effect. I wouldn't have bought this if it launched like this. Come on, 343.

Defect

Oct 25, 2017
Tried searching with my friend in fiesta without doing MMR manipulation and it took 8-ish minutes to find a game.

Yeah, not waiting that long for a fucking social match anymore that wasn't even "balanced" in the end anyway.

You listening 343?

Deleted member 93062

Account closed at user request
Banned
Mar 4, 2021
I didn't even remember that LSS challenges are glitched and now have 3 challenges that should be done that have not been tracked despite me having finished them... while I have a XP boost on.

Trup1aya

Oct 25, 2017
Another problem I found is if you never upgrade you can't pick up extra things or swap out because the same button to upgrade is the same button to pick up different equipment

You can, but it's context sensitive, and you're position needs to be pixel perfect. You can't just preemptively hold the action button when you know you're going to step on something you want.

They definitely need some more thoughtful inputs. Maybe hold the scan/ping button to upgrade.

Buttonbasher

Dec 4, 2017
That's what I was hoping Armor cores were originally. You could totally make more closet slots a battle pass reward.

Bananastand

Oct 26, 2017
Still can't search for a game. Search button is greyed out even after I uninstalled the game and downloaded it again. What the fuck am I doing wrong?

SteveByDesign

Sep 11, 2019
I am really enjoying LSS now that I am being more patient.

I did realize that there is one spawn that is absolute trash though. You spawn in this little nook that has plasma grenades to your right. If you leave the nook to your right you can get up to the top of the lift area buuuuuut players who spawn on the left of you and the right of you are starting to learn that you are dead in the water at the start.

Best to hide in a corner if you get that spawn, within seconds at least one player if not two will come looking for you.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Man i played a round of LSS on xCloud and got to 4th place but thats besides the point. I was curious to test out 120hz on Xcloud now that XSS has it, but its not selectable. You would think 120hz would be an option on the video playback side in the server config, even if the output to your phone or whatever is a 60 fps stream. Solely for the increased responsiveness in theory?

UraMallas

Nov 1, 2017
United States
Did I really get a great roll on my challenges or do others feel their challenges are better this week? I've hated the progression system and the BP aspects since the start but I've been able to move the challenges along at a natural pace because I'm getting tons of cumulative score ones. And tons of FFA ones outside of the orange challenges so they are doubling up and I'm really humming along. I think this is much more the pace it should be and I'm rarely forced to play in a way I haven't wanted to this week like past weeks.

Anybody else feel this way about this week or did I get a good roll? Is it just that I finally enjoy the event's gametype and they are just whizzing along?

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Did I really get a great roll on my challenges or do others feel their challenges are better this week? I've hated the progression system and the BP aspects since the start but I've been able to move the challenges along at a natural pace because I'm getting tons of cumulative score ones. And tons of FFA ones outside of the orange challenges so they are doubling up and I'm really humming along. I think this is much more the pace it should be and I'm rarely forced to play in a way I haven't wanted to this week like past weeks.

Anybody else feel this way about this week or did I get a good roll? Is it just that I finally enjoy the event's gametype and they are just whizzing along?
They said they "nerfed" the challenges this week + made them level up the event pass 2 levels ea rather than just 1

ShinAmano

Oct 30, 2017
Is there a new gun misfire mechanic? I swear a few times a match I am pulling the trigger and nothing happens.

Apr 4, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Still having an awesome time with this. Loving Last Spartan standing. Definitely getting into more of a groove with it, and winning matches pretty much every day. Won two back ti back yesterday, which felt awesome.

Otherwise, I'm still really liking the new playlists, even though they send me into the desert map way too often. I find myself playing more Big Team Battle, much more free-for-all, and still hopping into quick play a lot.

Hopefully they can crunch the rest of those bugs soon. Fixing that LSS exp leave match bug has made the update feel a lot better.

I also wanted to come in and say how insane it is that this gun jam bug made it in.

You just reminded me that I haven't really been noticing it. Maybe because I've been playing on PC or at 120fps?

Status
Not open for further replies.