• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
why the fuck do pods drop the second the match starts??

Edit: they must be doing something right because this is the first week that I've actually been compelled to complete all the challenges. I just wish my S1 challenges weren't handicapped because I'm too pleb and don't have the S2 premium.

Teamocil

Oct 25, 2017
Wow I just switched back to the 120fps mode in my series x and it looks like shit. Like 1080p or lower. What happened??

Treythalomew

Oct 27, 2017
It has already been said but I've never been more shocked at a game dev company than 343. Like old Halos would have a set amount of support as the team moved on to the next game but this was suppose to be the game. What have they been doing for the last two years to have such a sad state of maps and broken things?

I was waiting all season 1 for them to fix the speed lines resetting nonstop and now they're just stuck as the button no long does anything in the menu.

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It has already been said but I've never been more shocked at a game dev company than 343. Like old Halos would have a set amount of support as the team moved on to the next game but this was suppose to be the game. What have they been doing for the last two years to have such a sad state of maps and broken things?

I was waiting all season 1 for them to fix the speed lines resetting nonstop and now they're just stuck as the button no long does anything in the menu.
Don't worry, they'll get to that after they allow you to bulk sell REQ's in Halo 5.

Deleted member 93062

Account closed at user request
Banned
Mar 4, 2021
Was able to do my weekly and event challenges in like 8 hours tops. Nothing better than just throwing on a podcast, YouTube video, or just music and grinding out a few challenges in this game. I love games I can play casually with background noise and still have a good time.

Dec 11, 2017
Ugh, the "Battle Tested" achievement never unlocked for me because the tracking was messed up and it wasn't leveling up. Next time I boot up the game I'm level 100 like I should be, but no achievement.

Milk

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Silver-Gifts.jpg

Halo TV show Emblems / Charms are coming to Halo Infinite tomorrow. Only need to login to redeem.
Love it!

Deleted member 93062

Account closed at user request
Banned
Mar 4, 2021
I have noticed that although LSS challenges don't visually update, usually when you actually complete them, they'll disappear.

16bitnova

Oct 28, 2017
This gun jamming bug is going to send me to the moon. It's always at a pivotal and the heatwave (my favorite) seems to suffer more than any other weapon

For anyone dealing with this gun jamming bug thing.

So yesterday Im scrolling through my controller settings. I have never touched a thing on there, so everything should be on the Default option. I look at these settings quite often (OCD is a bitch) and low and behold my "Trigger deadzones" are NOT in their default settings. Two of my options were moved to 100% instead of their default 55%. I believe the option had the description of how hard or how far the trigger has to be pulled down to register. So I hit "Default" and back to 55% they go.

Not sure if this was accidentally messed with by 343 in the update recently. But to me the fact that it has to do with the triggers tells me it has to do something with the "jams". I felt them at first too. But since changing this, things seem fine again.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017

So yesterday Im scrolling through my controller settings. I have never touched a thing on there, so everything should be on the Default option. I look at these settings quite often (OCD is a bitch) and low and behold my "Trigger deadzones" are NOT in their default settings. Two of my options were moved to 100% instead of their default 55%. I believe the option had the description of how hard or how far the trigger has to be pulled down to register. So I hit "Default" and back to 55% they go.

Not sure if this was accidentally messed with by 343 in the update recently. But to me the fact that it has to do with the triggers tells me it has to do something with the "jams". I felt them at first too. But since changing this, things seem fine again.

Thanks I'll check it out when I get home.

I did see in the patch notes that they added trigger deadzones. I didn't think you check it out. Hopefully it's as simple as this… but you'd think they'd have found and revealed the issue by now if this is the problem.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
The event outro cinematic was neat. It hadn't occurred to me that would be a bonus for clearing the 10 levels.

Trup1aya

Oct 25, 2017

Welp , I dropped down 2 55 and the first time I picked up a heatwave, it jammed on the second trigger pull. It's like I'm not allowed to shoot at maximum efficiency.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
I accidently skipped it because i didn't know what was happening lol...is there a way to watch it again?

Yeah, when you go to the specific event page (with the 10-level challenge ladder), there should be an option at the bottom to re-watch it. You may need to highlight the last challenge. Sorry I don't have it in front of me for a better description, but I know there's a way to re-watch it.

Puggles

Sometimes, it's not a fart
Nov 3, 2017
Yeah, when you go to the specific event page (with the 10-level challenge ladder), there should be an option at the bottom to re-watch it. You may need to highlight the last challenge. Sorry I don't have it in front of me for a better description, but I know there's a way to re-watch it.

Thanks that worked!

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's a bottom tier community, to be honest. Evidenced by the subreddit getting shut down and 343 making an announcement today at 5pm on a Friday to lessen instantaneous blowback. And the reason I engage is because I want to discuss the game and I am (perhaps ignorantly) hopeful to see something different on Era than what I see everywhere else. And you're right, it IS exhausting. I'm at the point where I'm just ready to lean into the negative wave and to let it take over. It's probably just easier that way overall, so I think the next time there's significant 343 news I'll source some pros on Twitter, some folks on Reddit, and just throw on a cynical lens and have a better time lol. And I'm not even kidding, either. There's stuff I'm critical of the game, and so that'll be my vibe as it should be easier to not highlight anything positive haha.
Any response on this? I'm genuinely curious --

What are you critical of btw? I'm curious, what changes do you want to see?

And beyond that, at what point will you express frustration in the form of online communication (like Era, Reddit, etc.) when the things you want to be changed, either don't ever change or somehow get worse? What's your breaking point?

Trup1aya

Oct 25, 2017
LSS late game should be hype… but I can't think of anything less interesting that two double OS'd Spartans in a bulldog battle

lost7

Feb 20, 2018
Played a few hours for the first time in a while. Been as fun as I remembered it to be, will never understand how much hate the game is getting

BobLoblaw

This Guy Helps
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Played a few hours for the first time in a while. Been as fun as I remembered it to be, will never understand how much hate the game is getting
Game is good. People want it to be great, which is also what the devs want. There have been some very questionable decisions by the devs, but they've nailed the gameplay, which is the biggest reason why so many are sticking with it. I'm almost at 1,000 matches played and I don't see any reason why that won't double by the end of the year. We just need more content and fewer tech issues.

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
LSS late game should be hype… but I can't think of anything less interesting that two double OS'd Spartans in a bulldog battle
Let's play a fun game -- How long until 343 changes the LSS ring to start shrinking earlier in the match?

This week? Next week? Next month? Mid Season? End Season? Season 3+? Never?

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017

Came back to it today after a couple months break. One bug after another, horrible load times, crappy performance. Oh hey they never fixed the pc controller aim assist bug so many months later?

And after all this time they barely added any content

Vico

Jan 3, 2018
The abundance of OS and Camo was such a massive misstep for LSS.

Yep, this should have been clear to 343 two matches in during testing.

They can stay but as an obvious/always in the same place-item that's risky to get but highly rewarding.

As it stands it's just super unbalanced and it's only about luck.

LSS will be a great mode once that's changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.