• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Heazy

IT Tech
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
London, UK
Kinda bullshit that you can spawn outside of the red ring in LSS at the end.
I was in the final two, one life left and lost because I couldn't get into the zone in time.

SeanM

Oct 26, 2017
USA
Kill Enemy Spartans in Last Man Standing with a Melee Attack - 3/3
Kill Enemy Spartans in Last Man Standing with a Melee Attack - 3/10
Kill Enemy Spartans in Last Man Standing with a Melee Attack - 0/25

343 you're killing me with these challenges

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Why can i not watch all of my matches in theater from today? I had a huge hail mary sticky i wanted to clip…

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
Won two games of LSS.
It's clearly the highlight of the season, and just proves a BR would be great with Halo.

My only problem is that it's a FFA mode so playing with friends is... Useless lately.

This is something I wish there was a workaround for: The structure of the challenge system makes these awkward moments when you have to stop playing with friends to make progress, because of how narrowly objectives (like FFA-only) are defined. For a social-heavy game, that seems like a really fucking dumb setup. I'm more likely to just call it a night and ignore (or resent) the challenge than play it then meet back up.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
They need to allow parties in ffa modes…

Also Im enjoying this new btb map though i havent tried real btb yet. My disappointment so far is that somehow this season feels even less polished than season 1. Im seeing more visual oddities and slowdowns. Doesn't help that this event is centered around leaving early and not seeing your progress counted immediately.

Cranster

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They removed geometry that skilled players used as a platform to jump on

Removing it benefits no one... it just pisses off the type of people who dedicate the most time to the game

Nah, exploits like this needed to be fixed in the older titles and in Halo 3 Bungie even addressed some of them like on The Pit.

They need to allow parties in ffa modes…

Why? That only leads to boosting and messing the ranking system up even more. FFA has always been a solo playlist.

jem

Oct 25, 2017
Why the fuck would they dedicate time and resources to removing skill jumps and nerfing drop slides when the game has an absolute deluge of other issues to solve?

I swear 343 never did this sort of stupid shit with H5.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
Logical reason - it's now how they intended players to navigate those sections of the map. The Halo community needs to stop acting like every single change is an affront to the overall experience. I say this as somebody who spent hours practicing super bounces in Halo 2. It's cheesy, and I have no qualms about the developers ironing out stuff like this.

Such is the nature if a happy accident. Unintended good was discovered.

"Every single change" isn't an affront to the experience. But when players find unintensional depth in a map, what value is there in removing it? Especially when most people can't execute it anyway.

You have no qualms... but chances are you'd would never be impacted by this change either way.

FrsDvl

Oct 25, 2017
Well, challenges are absolutely trash.. especially these last Spartan standing challenges.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019

"Every single change" isn't an affront to the experience. But when players find unintensional depth in a map, what value is there in removing it? Especially when most people can't execute it anyway.

You have no qualms... but chances are you'd would never be impacted by this change either way.
lol when it's an exploit it's a "happy accident". That's on the developers to decide. They don't want those areas of their maps exploited that way, and they made a decision that they want for their map design. Balance decisions are made all the time in online games, and this is just one of them.

jem

Oct 25, 2017
lol when it's an exploit it's a "happy accident". That's on the developers to decide. They don't want those areas of their maps exploited that way, and they made a decision that they want for their map design. Balance decisions are made all the time in online games, and this is just one of them.
And it's a bad balance decision

AndrewDean84

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fontana, California

And that why I don't care about it. I'm not trying to piss anyone off with my position. It just doesn't affect me, and seems like such a minor thing. My take is to let it go, chill and move on. From Software nerfed weapons I was using actively. I accepted the change and moved on to something else. I don't know. I guess I've always been ok with developers updating their games because people have found ways to do things not in line with how the devs planned their game to be.

jem

Oct 25, 2017
And that why I don't care about it. I'm not trying to piss anyone off with my position. It just doesn't affect me, and seems like such a minor thing. My take is to let if, chill and move on. From Software nerfed weapons I was using actively. I accepted the change and moved on to something else. I don't know. I guess I've always been ok with developers updating their games because people have found ways to do things not in line with how the devs planned their game to be.
I think the biggest issue is that they're wasting their time "fixing" things literally nobody was asking to be fixed whilst dozens of far bigger problems remain.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Nah, exploits like this needed to be fixed in the older titles and in Halo 3 Bungie even addressed some of them like on The Pit.

Why? That only leads to boosting and messing the ranking system up even more. FFA has always been a solo playlist.
At least for the special modes it should be casual. I want to play LSS with friends without needing customs

Tomash

Oct 25, 2017
Why the fuck would they dedicate time and resources to removing skill jumps and nerfing drop slides when the game has an absolute deluge of other issues to solve?

I swear 343 never did this sort of stupid shit with H5.
Wrong, drop slides were a thing in H5 too until it got fixed.
www.youtube.com

Halo 5: Super Slide

RIP super slides 1/26/16, you will be missed.Super sliding in weekend Team Snipers.Thank you to The Bald Unit for this trick, you can watch his in depth tuto...

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Stupid question, but how do you get the silver from the season 1 battle pass? I bought it ages ago and am level 96, but I have zero silver in my account and it's not listed anywhere in there as a reward?

I thought you earnt a bunch from progressing the battle pass?

Azerth

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
It wouldnt be that big of an issue if 1 343 talked to people about , 2 alot of people were complaining about it and 3 if the game ita self was in a better spot

Redria

Oct 28, 2017
Man am I so rusty at this game now, getting absolutely destroyed! Also seems to be having an issue counting my progress in the event which is slightly frustrating.

kiguel182

Oct 31, 2017
The way the last man standing challenges work and how it doesn't seem to count to the "play one match" challenge is something else. I don't get how this is deemed as good to launch with.

Oct 26, 2017
Don't quit a game after you completed an event challenge, it will track but you will not get the reward unlocked and lose the challenge! Wait until it has ended properly

SeanM

Oct 26, 2017
USA
Stupid question, but how do you get the silver from the season 1 battle pass? I bought it ages ago and am level 96, but I have zero silver in my account and it's not listed anywhere in there as a reward?

I thought you earnt a bunch from progressing the battle pass?

There's no credits in the S1 BP, they only started giving out credits with S2 BP.

jem

Oct 25, 2017
Wrong, drop slides were a thing in H5 too until it got fixed.
www.youtube.com

Halo 5: Super Slide

RIP super slides 1/26/16, you will be missed.Super sliding in weekend Team Snipers.Thank you to The Bald Unit for this trick, you can watch his in depth tuto...
Fair point - I forgot about those. Although those were way more ergregious than anything they're changing here.

Trup1aya

Oct 25, 2017

They decided and players are deciding to critique the decision.

Them deciding they don't want these areas "exploited" this way, will have no impact on most players, and will negatively impact the rest.

Balance decisions made all the time… and sometimes the decisions are bad. This is just one of them.

The fact that there's was absolutely no commentary about this makes it pretty clear that it wasn't about correcting broken gameplay, and that it was sure to be unpopular.

Lobster Roll

Sep 24, 2019
They decided and players are deciding to critique the decision.

Them deciding they don't want these areas "exploited" this way, will have no impact on most players, and will negatively impact the rest.

Balance decisions made all the time… and sometimes the decisions are bad. This is just one of them.
At the end of the day an exploit was patched and if people want to throw their toys out of the pram, that is indeed their right to do so.

Oct 25, 2017
man, real talk: the breaker map is absolutely GORGEOUS. the art department at 343 is top notch, which just makes me sad because i really wanted that Infinite didn't so many issues so we could have more beatiful and different maps like this. also more visual variety in the campaign.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Man the seasonal event pass not showing what you unlock and just showing the number increase must be a bug too. Cmon..

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

343 plz

Shyway is pissed (rightfully so):

Normally, I would say a regular fan feeling "betrayed" after making videos on these things is silly, but 343 specifically hired Shyway to cast and do instructional videos, then they go ahead and do this lol.

It's bananas how there are still people defending the obviously bad decisions of this company after over 10 years to anyone paying attention.

Oct 25, 2017
And that's without people able to queue up together. Imagine if people were able to squad up.
how are they even doing it
just messaging each other at the beginning of the match or what?

Don't quit a game after you completed an event challenge, it will track but you will not get the reward unlocked and lose the challenge! Wait until it has ended properly
Oh is that what's happening? I finished multiple event challenges and still seem to be at level 1 of the event. Hadnt looked into it yet. Upset that those challenges were potentially wasted.
Why would they specifically put up a message telling you its okay to quit if they havent actually validated with testing whether its okay to quit or not 😞

jem

Oct 25, 2017
Normally, I would say a regular fan feeling "betrayed" after making videos on these things is silly, but 343 specifically hired Shyway to cast and do instructional videos, then they go ahead and do this lol.

It's bananas how there are still people defending the obviously bad decisions of this company after over 10 years to anyone paying attention.
I'm pretty sure 343 have even shown his skill jump videos during the esports events.

Trup1aya

Oct 25, 2017

I can't wrap my head around it.

The "it's their game" defense when the goal should be making players enjoy the game. None of these jumps broke the map… as most people can't pull them off… we even saw Pro's in KC this weekend dying because they failed to pull them off. Yet somehow these exploits needed to be removed… in secrecy no less.

I'm pretty sure 343 have even shown his skill jump videos during the esports events.

They absolutely did.

Also, during the events we had commentators (including shyway) highlighting moments where player succeed/fail and noting the movement skill gap on display.

This is so silly to removed depth from your game… even if you didn't realize it was there when you made it.

modernist

Jan 13, 2018
Getting a weird bug where a shot will suddenly not fire/give any visual or rumble feedback in the middle of a BR duel. Also feels like im getting inputs lost a little more often at the point where the game is just finishing some laborious animation.

maybe its just the high latency games im getting tonight but it is very distracting

on the plus side, i like the new arena map from the games I played! CTF feels fairly tight on it, and i like the vaguely halo CE-esque design

Lobster Roll

Sep 24, 2019

"Betrayed" is some weapons-grade melodrama over Halo.
how are they even doing it
just messaging each other at the beginning of the match or what?
If I had to guess, the same way that some people Stream Snipe. Trying to find a lobby at *exactly* the same time.

Arn

Prophet of Truth
Oct 28, 2017
Estimated wait time of 00:10 made me laugh. Guess the new Battle Pass had the desired effect.

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I can't wrap my head around it.

The "it's their game" defense when the goal should be making players enjoy the game. None of these jumps broke the map… as most people can't pull them off… we even saw Pro's in KC this weekend dying because they failed to pull them off. Yet somehow these exploits needed to be removed… in secrecy no less.

They absolutely did.

Also, during the events we had commentators (including shyway) highlighting moments where player succeed/fail and noting the movement skill gap on display.

This is so silly to removed depth from your game… even if you didn't realize it was there when you made it.
The Staunch Defenders won't see it this way, but 343 often alienates its most hardcore and supportive fans. It's bizarre.

EDIT:
Case in point lol.

Trup1aya

Oct 25, 2017

The guys relationship with 343 was based largely on the popularity of his movement tutorials.

They paid him eloquently to talk about the depth of Infinite's maps and mechanics.

I'd feel bad it I was promoting these things, seemingly with 343s blessing, while they are secretly planning to axe it.

Defect

Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (3 Days): Accusations of Shilling
Starting to feel like a certain someone here secretly works at 343 with how much they defend bad decisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.