• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Juan

Oct 28, 2017
Well, thanks to a bug, I only did 2 challenges related to the Alpha Pack and I got all my Event Pass complete. It took less than 20 minutes to do the Event.

Honestly, I love that bug, keep it that way, I can now rest until the Yappening. \o/

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
"Halo Infinite has multiplayer narrative events."

So fans, content creators, gaming media press, etc. can promote marketing beats for 'em, for free, along with other actual meaty content in the gaming industry. No beef with Klobrille, but this is what I mean --

View: https://twitter.com/klobrille/status/1547910858092658692?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1547910858092658692%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_c10&ref_url=

• Full game release (As Dusk Falls)
  • Meaty expansion (Forza Horizon 5 Hot Wheels)
  • Start to a new season of content (Sea of Thieves)
Then ya have Infinite which is.. well, trying its best 🙂

It's too bad because as a casual player (skill-wise), narrative MP events are exactly the kinda thing that could get me to keep coming back. Something like what Destiny does with its weekly story drops would be awesome.

Maybe we'll get there some day, but in their current form? They sure do leave a lot to be desired

Ramirez

Oct 26, 2017
There isn't much you can do with a Disruptor and Assault Rifle when Pistols and Commandos are going off pretty quick.

The AR is more than capable of beating pretty much any weapon outside of the BR. Most of my deaths are people cross map spraying me from behind with it.

I just don't like how the DZ feels like an after thought to the design of the mode. It's a non factor for most of the match, and then something stupid happens like spawning outside of the final tiny circle multiple times in a row.

The "cut scene" made absolutely no sense to me, and I'm a pretty die hard fan. I can't imagine what the average player thinks when watching it.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
The cutscene is super barebones, yeah. Gotta think that it's just not a priority for them right now, given how much else is on their plate.

I would say that the narrative events concept is another example of 343 biting off more than they can chew... get the game functional, get the content pipelines streamlined, then start swinging for the fences. Otherwise you get, well, this.

Forge absolutely has my attention, though. That's gonna be a big deal.

OP
OP
FUNKNOWN iXi

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's too bad because as a casual player (skill-wise), narrative MP events are exactly the kinda thing that could get me to keep coming back. Something like what Destiny does with its weekly story drops would be awesome.

Maybe we'll get there some day, but in their current form? They sure do leave a lot to be desired

Halo is ripe for this sort of thing, but I don't know why Microsoft hasn't expanded the number of projects, studios, partnerships, whatever, and hasn't capitalized on branching out to scratch all parts of Halo.

It's clear the community has been wanting what you described for the past 10 years, but I doubt we'll even get anything like that in the next 10 years either. There have to be other studios who want to work on Halo projects, surely there are passionate teams outside of 343 who want to work on Halo experiences that standalone from what 343 is doing.

Halo deserves more. It's a legacy franchise for Xbox on the level of Mario in terms of deeply passionate fans.

The cutscene is super barebones, yeah. Gotta think that it's just not a priority for them right now, given how much else is on their plate.

I would say that the narrative events concept is another example of 343 biting off more than they can chew... get the game functional, get the content pipelines streamlined, then start swinging for the fences. Otherwise you get, well, this.

Forge absolutely has my attention, though. That's gonna be a big deal.

Yeah Forge should be huge. The looming wonder however is the period from Forge creations -> matchmaking. I can't see a customs browser this year, maybe not even until later next year. Or worse.. Always gotta consider worse with Halo these days lol.

Juan

Oct 28, 2017
Alpha Pack's "Cinematic" sure is disappointing, but I'm honestly seeing the light thinking where they want to go from now and what they're aiming at.

They're running short on ressources for now, so they probably can't afford much more. Maybe it would have been better to do nothing, but they're showing the direction they're heading for future events, once they will be done with the current topics (Forge, Co-op, Bug fixes, etc...), and with PvE showing to be more and more a thing, I honestly believe future narrative events will be something to look at, and I can easily imagine multiplayer maps behind introduced with a PvE mission on them before becoming available on matchmaking.

It's unfortunate to say that Season 3 will probably be the real beginning for Halo Infinite, but true be told (at least imo) I'm seeing 343 being a little bit ahead of their schedule for both Co-op and Forge, and I think it's really encouraging. It gives hope to all the things that will probably be done once those ressources are done with making the game has it should have been and begin actually adding to it.

MasterYoshi

Oct 27, 2017
I really need a PvE mode for this game's MP. I'm doing the Last Spartan Standing grind for this event and I'm having a miserable time.

MasterYoshi

Oct 27, 2017
I really need a PvE mode for this game's MP. I'm doing the Last Spartan Standing grind for this event and I'm having a miserable time.
Ok I got to 10 and was having a bit more fun with it by the end. At least the challenges weren't too terribly demanding. The spawns are TERRIBLE for this mode. Whew.

Really excited to have the Morrigan helmet, though!

Ascenion

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mecklenburg-Strelitz
How did they manage to fuck up last Spartan standing after it was perfect aside from the drops? Like goddamn what is the point of the pistol after the AR? Like ugh…..I hate this.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
I think the struggle to find the right weapon progression in LSS highlights how poor the kinetic sandbox is in this game.

Too much mindlessness.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I can't believe that nobody on the team has acknowledged the massive resolution downgrade when using the 120 FPS mode on Series X that hit with Season 2. It looks so, so much worse than it did at launch that it feels like something has to be downright broken.

Between that and their seeming lack of concern for their busted VRR and Dolby Vision implementation, it's pretty clear that they don't give a solitary fuck about fixing the presentation issues right now.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
I can't believe that nobody on the team has acknowledged the massive resolution downgrade when using the 120 FPS mode on Series X that hit with Season 2. It looks so, so much worse than it did at launch that it feels like something has to be downright broken.

Between that and their seeming lack of concern for their busted VRR and Dolby Vision implementation, it's pretty clear that they don't give a solitary fuck about fixing the presentation issues right now.
I thought it was mentioned that there's a bug that sharpening isn't applied in 120hz mode or something that's causing it

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Remember when ppl thought the didact was in the s2 background key art and its really just Iratus

Oct 26, 2017
Alpha Pack's "Cinematic" sure is disappointing, but I'm honestly seeing the light thinking where they want to go from now and what they're aiming at.

They're running short on ressources for now, so they probably can't afford much more. Maybe it would have been better to do nothing, but they're showing the direction they're heading for future events, once they will be done with the current topics (Forge, Co-op, Bug fixes, etc...), and with PvE showing to be more and more a thing, I honestly believe future narrative events will be something to look at, and I can easily imagine multiplayer maps behind introduced with a PvE mission on them before becoming available on matchmaking.

It's unfortunate to say that Season 3 will probably be the real beginning for Halo Infinite, but true be told (at least imo) I'm seeing 343 being a little bit ahead of their schedule for both Co-op and Forge, and I think it's really encouraging. It gives hope to all the things that will probably be done once those ressources are done with making the game has it should have been and begin actually adding to it.
I don't have high expectations for Season 3, player count is gonna take another hit from MWII/Warzone 2 dropping and no one is going to be paying attention to a dead game. Hopefully they're focusing their efforts towards a soft relaunch when Tatanka launches.

My expectations are set at them mainly focusing on co-op and forge bug fixes, a couple maps, a mode or two, and some events. If we're lucky they will fix up custom games and add in a custom games browser. Going to be more catching up.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Id like a mangler or something earlier in LSS.

Just had a match on deadlock with 4 deaths in a row where I literally had zero shot of winning. My first death I was third partied, never got the initial kill. After that I got killed by pistol users where I only had disruptor/AR.

The initial disruptor/AR fights also just feel bad because they are inherently inconsistent weapons

Last edited:

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
Id like a mangler or something earlier in LSS.

Just had a match on deadlock with 4 deaths in a row where I literally had zero shot of winning. My first death I was third partied, never got the initial kill. After that I got killed by pistol users where I only had disruptor/AR.

The initial disruptor/AR fights also just feel bad because they are inherently inconsistent weapons

I just humped your corpse.

And the disrupter is dogshit tier. I don't understand it frankly, mine either works well enugh or is next to useless. And once a match has progressed a bit if you dont have a kill you are SCREWED

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sometimes you need to work alone

Other times you need to rely on your team

Fantastic narrative in the alpha pack

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
I think LSS is way better now than when it originally launched with the first narrative event.

Every BTB map, way less OS/camo bullshit, weapon tuning, danger zone tuning.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think LSS is way better now than when it originally launched with the first narrative event.

Every BTB map, way less OS/camo bullshit, weapon tuning, danger zone tuning.
I think camo/OS need to be full stop removed. It might have been ok if it was falling in the same spot on intervals or something but it just feels bullshit.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure why but the disruptor seems HUGELY affected by ping. Just had a 140 ping match where it would take nearly 2 full clips to kill, no joke. That was really fun with the new progression system

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure why but the disruptor seems HUGELY affected by ping. Just had a 140 ping match where it would take nearly 2 full clips to kill, no joke. That was really fun with the new progression system
If I get a game out of my region I quit immediately. If there was some kind of REGION SELECTION this would not be a problem.

Trup1aya

Oct 25, 2017
The disruptor is a fun weapon… when coupled with another precision weapon.

But spawning with just a disruptor, and then pairing it with an AR makes for a dreadful experience.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
I'm only level 56 because I haven't been double xp boosting as much as I should, but I'm also strolling along thru this season not too worried about it. I'll hit 100 easily before the end of S2 anyway. We'd be approaching S3 on a normal cadence 😭

Trup1aya

Oct 25, 2017

Damn that's dope. Custom equipment has so much potential.

No game after Halo 3 should have launched w/o Forge, fileshare , and customs browser.

It was always the golden ticket.

TrAcEr_x90

Oct 27, 2017
Well I've been having fun playing on and off again. Jumping in when some new stuff pops up and doing challenges. But I just absolutely hate this line wolf thing and won't get all the items. The additional map helps a bit but I just don't like playing full solo like this…

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Well I've been having fun playing on and off again. Jumping in when some new stuff pops up and doing challenges. But I just absolutely hate this line wolf thing and won't get all the items. The additional map helps a bit but I just don't like playing full solo like this…
you only have to complete 5 challenges over the span of two weeks bc I think each one gives 2 levels..

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
From 'quake area to big OH.
Yuck at LSS.
I lag into a pit, getting shot from all directions and I hate the disruptor.

Any reason why my disc drive spins up after a match?

I have 3 lives up in a showdown. But I lose because I double melee them from behind and I died. Then they have a sword do it's impossible.

And after about 5 matches, no challenges are counted.

Last edited:

Defect

Oct 25, 2017
Just played two matches of LSS since its launch week. I won both but Disrupters and ARs are just so infuriating to get shot by. Absolutely no skill involved.

I also checked HaloTracker and saw that I'm pretty high up on two of the LSS leaderboards. So that's kinda neat.

nJFrWAy.png
UmrHMqW.png

BradC00

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Just played two matches of LSS since its launch week. I won both but Disrupters and ARs are just so infuriating to get shot by. Absolutely no skill involved.

I also checked HaloTracker and saw that I'm pretty high up on two of the LSS leaderboards. So that's kinda neat.

nJFrWAy.png
UmrHMqW.png

This is why you can't find games.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How are points calculated in LSS? I have significantly more kills than anyone but people have way more points. Do deaths subtract?

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Done with the weekly so done with LSS unless challenges force me there again.

One thing I realized too late is I way understimated the power of picking up the dead people for XP. With the boost to XP this iteration it is 100% worth it. People are getting the BR with less than 10 kills.
There's not a single casual playlist in this game, lol. It's either play your ass off or get miserably dumped on.
This iteration of SBMM seemed less sweaty to me in LSS. I don't always win but im consistently highest kills. That is of course, if I win the initial disruptor fight. If I get the pistol fast enough I'm coasting to a top 4 win with high kills. If I lose the initial fight oof. That is my main problem.

I'd replace disruptor with mangler.