• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
What makes me sad about Infinite's state and my growing doubts about any shred of capacity of 343i turning it around is the fact that i don't they will nail the gameplay so well like they did here again.

Lowkey20

Nov 18, 2020
Is BTB broken again? It takes forever to load and then I just get a black screen and I have to force quit the game entirely.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
So which mode counts as Free for All? I did rumble pit, got 20 kills and then my challenges all said 0 (Said to get kills in FFA).

Does it have to be specifically FFA slayer? That's not even its own playlist anymore.

CollectedDust

Oct 27, 2017
Indiana
I thought this update was coming with the mode needed to finally unlock the last achievement (MEDIC!). Am I missing something, or is this achievement still not possible to obtain?

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
What makes me sad about Infinite's state and my growing doubts about any shred of capacity of 343i turning it around is the fact that i don't they will nail the gameplay so well like they did here again.
I said this after Halo 5, but they did a good job with Infinite's gameplay at least.

So you're right, no way 343 gets it right 3 games in a row.
So which mode counts as Free for All? I did rumble pit, got 20 kills and then my challenges all said 0 (Said to get kills in FFA).

Does it have to be specifically FFA slayer? That's not even its own playlist anymore.
Yup, this is a known issue. There are challenges specifically for the FFA playlist, but 343 removed the FFA playlist lol.

Oct 29, 2017
Is this going to spoil the campaign for me?

INTERFERENCE EVENT

Prove you can lead the pack.

Interference is the first narrative event in Halo Infinite, which continues the story of the Spartan Academy and Spartan Commander Agryna. We also learn more about two new heroes, Spartans Dinh and Ecklund.

I'm holding off on the campaign but like participating in the multiplayer in the meantime.

Zeouter

Oct 27, 2017
Ireland
I thought this update was coming with the mode needed to finally unlock the last achievement (MEDIC!). Am I missing something, or is this achievement still not possible to obtain?
According to the patch notes, you can get it in Customs and whenever that mode is in the event rotation later in the season afaik.
Is this going to spoil the campaign for me?
I'm holding off on the campaign but like participating in the multiplayer in the meantime.
Doubtful, they feel very disconnected, Campaign focuses on different threats entirely.

Oct 25, 2017
I said this after Halo 5, but they did a good job with Infinite's gameplay at least.

So you're right, no way 343 gets it right 3 games in a row.

lol at the spoiler. I wasn't around for Halo 5 (didn't want an Xbox One because of...... obvious reasons) so i guess that's why i feel more patient than most of you with 343 (and i also love the campaign), but yeah, really dishearting seeing Season 2 come out of the door so buggy, even if the core gameplay (and modes! LLS is awesome) are good. Can't see 343i salvaging this game tbh

Oct 25, 2017
I left a Last Spartan Standing match because I said it could and still get credit and I didn't get credit. Was it lying or did I quit the match wrong?

Jk. I got credit, I just didn't get the pop up screen like normal.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone played ranked? Me and a friend feel like the BR feels off. Like a cadence issues maybe

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, i do think it's lying about being able to quit out of Last Spartan Standing early. When I do I don't get credit for completing the match for that challenge.

That sucks.

I don't understand why anyone would opt for the 2,800 Credit purchase for the BP when it's 6 months long and doesn't expire. lol
I did it last time, but this time I have the hindsight of realizing that rushing thru the BP as fast as possible probably isn't the best idea.

Sr Kitsune

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Baja California, Mexico
I don't understand why anyone would opt for the 2,800 Credit purchase for the BP when it's 6 months long and doesn't expire. lol

I did it last time, but this time I have the hindsight of realizing that rushing thru the BP as fast as possible probably isn't the best idea.

Yep, also not using any double-exp or exp-grants. I don't really want to complete the BP months before the next one lol.

Oct 25, 2017
I wish you could choose the weapon you swap out in Last Spartan Standing. Can't Imagine a world where I'd rather have the Not DMR than the AR.

Juan

Oct 28, 2017
Did they change something regarding the specular and light for the coating? More of them are really less shiny than before, especially the OPI purple one, it used to be very bright with all the sparkles, and now, we can't even see them?

It's even worse on Breaker, the coating look like there's dust on them?

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island

SeanM

Oct 26, 2017
USA
I wish you could choose the weapon you swap out in Last Spartan Standing. Can't Imagine a world where I'd rather have the Not DMR than the AR.

The UI doesn't make this clear, but you can sorta choose your preferred weapon in LSS by just not upgrading it right away. You'll still be unlocking all the weapon tiers and stuff, but you can just bank them and skip the ones you don't want* and go from Pistol -> AR -> BR for example.

* Only downside / silliness with this is that it still makes you go through every tier rather than switching to your highest available weapon tier. So you'd have to hold X to upgrade like five times in a row (Mangler -> Bulldog -> Commando) before you can get to BR.

16bitnova

Oct 28, 2017
Uh the 343 into looked like butt on my tv with lots of banding and graphical glitch.

Did they do something to that too?
Yeah I had the same issue. Mainly on the very first little loading screen with the icon on the top right. The other intros seemed about the same. Maybe even fixed alot of the washed out/grey look? I think that's what they were going for. Hopefully they'll fix it up soon. I'm assuming it has something to do with the HDR/Dolby Vision (I have Dolby vision ON). It's really just the intros though so I don't mind. I have yet to check the first campaign cutscene since this update, which I remember being really washed out before.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seems like last spartan standing challenges dont proc unless you stay till the end.

I feel like my br shots are working way better and the aiming feels slightly better.

But they fucked something up because now the br will not register a trigger pull randomly.
yeah this is sorta what it feels like

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
It's actually amazing they made a new intro where you start facing away from the cam and then turn around as a gag from when the intros were bugged. Well played, 343.

Azerth

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
the challenge system just ruins this game. would rather just earn 100xp no matter what then put up with it

BradC00

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
why did they remove some skill jumps???

i get the some were ghost jumps but the others seemed like they were meant to be in the game. especially the streets one...

Status
Not open for further replies.