• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AlmostMilk

Oct 27, 2017
I got to the very end and lost the tank gun. Tried to reload and it's not triggering the final fight. I'm going to have to restart the mission.
That sucks. I'm sure you will be able to do it. A lot of people struggle with the final battle. I didn't have that hard a time but I did have the tank gun which helped a lot. My strategy ended up being to whenever the enemies started coming out to just swing from pillar to pillar like freaking Spiderman until I got to a point where I had some distance from them and could pick them off. What is nice is that unlike every other point in the game is that it will checkpoint regardless of shield level, and if you die, you respawn with full shields at the checkpoint.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
Needler is great against the Brute Chieftans just fyi

BradC00

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I found this video/channel today while searching for Infinite aim assist videos and this is exactly what I was looking for. It was uploaded today too.

The aiming in Infinite just fucking sucks.

This guy was proven wrong on a previous video and is just doubling down.

edit: i'm not saying he is wrong with how aiming is, i think most people have felt that the commando can get squirrelly, but he's saying it's an entirely new design built from the ground up when we know it's not. Slipspace is just a reworked Blam! engine for the most part. He says that because every value is in float instead of float32 or degree, they must have made it from the ground up, when degree is something they can calculate into float values. 343 even refers to aim cone angle in degrees in one of their blogs.

I don't mind the guy, when he got called out in his previous video on this topic he had the integrity to pin it and rename his video (OUTDATED) but it's pretty obvious (he even states it in this video, i think) that he hates how infinite plays or controls or something.

Last edited:

BradC00

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
What was he wrong about in this video?

I edited my previous comment but he said that it must have been built from the ground up because there is no value in degrees, when they are able to calculate float # into degrees, and they even refer to a cone in their blog in degrees.

He also says something about how the commando is treated like a BR when the BR is the one of the easiest gun in the game to use and the commando is probably one of the harder ones. So you have two guns that are easy to use, the AR, and the BR, yet they both use different values. And the commando uses the value of the BR (at least the one he changes) but feels terrible. There's a bunch of other values to take into account in how a gun feels.

Last edited:

Mopr3me

Banned
Jan 10, 2022
I dunno about the offline thing, but there's a good guide here that shows you how to get the tank gun in like half an hour (you can skip most of the first level and lots of the second). If you can spare a bit of time today that is probably your safest bet. I'm gonna try it myself tonight.

Thanks, this was very useful. I now have 2 LASO Legendary savegames with Tank Gun and one Regular savegame with Tank Gun to have some fun with it.

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
I thought season 2 would bring me back but I just realized it starts today and I don't really feel like playing again. I just remembered that the map pool Stil sucks and the challenge system will make unlocking fun cosmetics hell.

Embiid

Feb 20, 2021
If I made a quick season 2 OT, what would I have to keep updated? Can I just put the basic details and move on? Like unlock time, new features, battlepass info etc. I don't have the time to keep it updated all season

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
If I made a quick season 2 OT, what would I have to keep updated? Can I just put the basic details and move on? Like unlock time, new features, battlepass info etc. I don't have the time to keep it updated all season
I'd connect with TheMoon on that if I were you. Given it's a GAAS Season Update, it might not need to be as fully-fleshed out as a normal OT.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
is there anyone who does have the time and cares about keeping track of updates?
or would you have time to at least take care of threadmarks if someone posts like a summary of new stuff or whatever?

tl;dr do whatever makes sense for the thing you're taking care of

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Can't wait for this to launch. Thanks to some existing cash in my account, I can get this battlepass for a little over $3, so that is so worth it.

SteveByDesign

Sep 11, 2019
Please please no hiccups with the maintenance and season 2 launch.

So many people are so down on the game and its support I fear that it would kill it. The core gameplay is so good that it deserves to survive!

Navidson REC

Oct 31, 2017
I found this video/channel today while searching for Infinite aim assist videos and this is exactly what I was looking for. It was uploaded today too.

The aiming in Infinite just fucking sucks.

Haven't had the time to watch the video yet but I really disliked aiming in Infinite until I adjusted it as per the recommendations by some people here and on Reddit. I think it's wonderful now.
Bloom does suck from time to time (although it's not nearly as bad as back in Reach) but not a deal breaker at all to me. I really just want them to buff the Commando and I'll be pretty happy I think.

Embiid

Feb 20, 2021
I'd connect with TheMoon on that if I were you. Given it's a GAAS Season Update, it might not need to be as fully-fleshed out as a normal OT.
Look, the only reason I'm asking is because there isn't one already and we're just hours away. If The Moon or whoever wants to drop it, by all means go for it. I think it would be nice to have an OT in the main section.

Embiid

Feb 20, 2021
How bout just use this thread that was just bumped
www.resetera.com

Halo Infinite - Season 2 released

The free pass changing makes sense. You progress through the current season for free and if you want legacy passes you have to pay.
A mod can change the title. No one reads the OP anyway

darthbob

One Winged Slayer
Nov 20, 2017
Did a last minute Legendary run last night with the tank gun (first time trying tank gun), got the Forza achievement with it too, that was a lot of fun lol

Wonder if when the mission replay comes out if the save game (with the tank gun lol) can be used still...

Coolluck

Oct 27, 2017
Do Seasons even get OTs? Fortnite usually just has a launch thread for new seasons that dies out in a week or two and folks are back in the OT.

thankyoumerzbow

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2020
i think it varies from game to game: apex uses the same thread meanwhile destiny gets a new one each season. i'd say to keep this one and just change the title and maybe iFirez can add some season 2 info on the op or whatever.

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Using the subreddit to see when the update goes live, and it's full of dumb people complaining that the servers mysteriously went down.

Embiid

Feb 20, 2021
i think it varies from game to game: apex uses the same thread meanwhile destiny gets a new one each season. i'd say to keep this one and just change the title and maybe iFirez can add some season 2 info on the op or whatever.
If Destiny gets one why can't we?

Again, my whole reasoning with this is visibility. Speaking for myself (I'm sure others as well), but I went from reading and participating in this thread every day to maybe once a week after it got moved to Hangouts. 343 has flopped on a bunch of shit but the core gameplay is absolutely peerless.

ShapeGSX

Nov 13, 2017
I love Breaker. It's really different from what we've seen before. LSS has a lot of promise too. When someone uses up all their lives, you can collect their AI as an XP bonus! So you end up with people running towards those, and it creates a conflict point. Very cool.

Really good cut scene for the start of the season, too. It was pretty funny seeing my purple spartan with cat ears in the cut scene. :-D

Mukrab

Apr 19, 2020
Imagine not having a team objective playlist still and instead having one just for king of the hill.

16bitnova

Oct 28, 2017
Interesting in the settings it now gives the option for 60 fos or 30 fps. With lower fps giving "increase graphics quality". I wonder what that is?

Also, holy shit, Last man standing is a blast. I thought it would just be some basic elimination style game mode. But, with the leveling up, ordinance, danger zones, and bonus xps in the field, it makes it so much fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.