• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
halo twitch drops listed the sunday HCS for 6pm-10pm PDT
it was over hours ago
missed the final drops thanks for that team
edit: someone kindly pointed out below that while most of the streams are done there is one by eli x that still has the drop

Last edited:

RoninChaos

Oct 26, 2017
I never bothered with the tank gun so … love that they're patching this out rather than fixing the game's actual problems. :rollseyes:

Azerth

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
anyone else stop caring about non-challenge game modes when it gets to the end of list of challenges

Oct 26, 2017
Got 2 in one match and 3 in another. Love that shock rifle. Done.

At silent auditorium for laso.
I feel like the easiest way to get perfects is chasing headshot with the shock rifles. Either in BTB or fiesta.

I don't think I've ever gotten a perfect with the commando rifle. The stalker rifle is okay-ish but it's a weapon that feels wrong to me (with m/k) as I seem to be missing even though I shouldn't have (mostly when noscoping... Wait, is there bloom?). I'm trash with the BR as I've noticed that I keep aiming for the head even though at the start of match I try to remind myself to go for body shots... But no, as soon as the match starts my brain turns off and I go back to trying to give buzz cuts to the opposing team.

So yeah, shock rifle all the way (two matches were enough to get all the perfects I needed).

Navidson REC

Oct 31, 2017
I feel like the easiest way to get perfects is chasing headshot with the shock rifles. Either in BTB or fiesta.

I don't think I've ever gotten a perfect with the commando rifle. The stalker rifle is okay-ish but it's a weapon that feels wrong to me (with m/k) as I seem to be missing even though I shouldn't have (mostly when noscoping... Wait, is there bloom?). I'm trash with the BR as I've noticed that I keep aiming for the head even though at the start of match I try to remind myself to go for body shots... But no, as soon as the match starts my brain turns off and I go back to trying to give buzz cuts to the opposing team.

So yeah, shock rifle all the way (two matches were enough to get all the perfects I needed).
I got one perfect with the Commando and it actually felt great landing that but I do hope they buff that gun a bit. I think it's a super fun addition but it needs to kill one shot faster IMO.
I think that's how it was originally even, right?

Oct 27, 2017
The shock rifle in BTB (preferably an objective mode like CTF) makes it pretty easy to do the shot counter challenge. Most people don't go for the shock rifle in those modes and camp out in a heavy traffic area while sitting a little distance away.

I actually got a perfect exactly once with the commando rifle when I noticed somebody was AFK for a minute before they got auto-kicked. No way I would have ever gotten it otherwise. Commando can be really nice but I purely use it in hip-fire 99% of the time.

Mopr3me

Banned
Jan 10, 2022
Quick question, sorry if it's already answered. It's regarding the Tank-gun glitch. I've read that game saves that have the tank-gun equipped will still be able to use them. I don't have enough time though to start a new saves or saves for that, before the update tomorrow.

Can I get my Xbox offline to prevent the update and play SP to get the tank gun equiped in saves?

Defect

Oct 25, 2017
BR duels are one of the worst things to plague Halo imo. Such a snoozefest compared to the Pistol.
This game has the worst feeling br fights in the series. At least in the other games you have to actually use the right stick to aim.

There was no reason to not have the H5 pistol in this game. The only good starting weapon 343 has made.

Buttonbasher

Dec 4, 2017
Just finished the weekly as well, and was relieved that the Perfect challenge went as smoothly as it did. I love you, Shock Rifle.

I remember playing a lot of Halo 2 and 3 multiplayer over the years, but looking at my stats on Waypoint, this game absolutely eclipses the others:

Halo 2 - 357 games
Halo 3 - 588 games
Halo Infinite - 1,534 games for Season One (not counting the couple hundred in the flights)

I dabbled in Reach/4/5 multiplayer as well, but they're definitely below the Halo 2 count.

I just really love the multiplayer experience in this game, and am stoked for Season 2 on Tuesday.

Quick question, sorry if it's already answered. It's regarding the Tank-gun glitch. I've read that game saves that have the tank-gun equipped will still be able to use them. I don't have enough time though to start a new saves or saves for that, before the update tomorrow.

Can I get my Xbox offline to prevent the update and play SP to get the tank gun equiped in saves?
I think there are issues with playing the campaign in offline mode, but I'd also never tried for myself. I'd check to see if your Xbox has the 'auto-update' option checked though, to maybe delay it a bit. It might still make you update when you get to the menu though, due to the way it handles campaign as DLC to the F2P multiplayer launcher. Best of luck either way!

Last edited:

russbus64

May 1, 2018
Nearly missed the last Twitch Drops because the official stream prevented me from going past 33%. Thankfully the stream still going let me get the remaining progress, but I'd prefer in the future not staying up to nearly 1AM.

Mopr3me

Banned
Jan 10, 2022
I think there are issues with playing the campaign in offline mode, but I'd also never tried for myself. I'd check to see if your Xbox has the 'auto-update' option checked though, to maybe delay it a bit. It might still make you update when you get to the menu though, due to the way it handles campaign as DLC to the F2P multiplayer launcher. Best of luck either way!

I have the gamepass version, I don't think that ce played offline.

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
pretty stoked for some LSS and that Narrative event tomorrow. Sadly I'm nowhere close to completing the first battle pass so I'm stuck on Reach for the time being, but it'll be fun to have Infinite back in the rotation for a bit.

Navidson REC

Oct 31, 2017
pretty stoked for some LSS and that Narrative event tomorrow. Sadly I'm nowhere close to completing the first battle pass so I'm stuck on Reach for the time being, but it'll be fun to have Infinite back in the rotation for a bit.
Same, I'm on level 61 and at least wanna get the Superintendent AI before switching to the new Battle Pass. But I also kinda wanna unlock the Mark VII helmet, too. I really like that one.

But this is a very nice problem to have haha.

SeanM

Oct 26, 2017
USA

I dunno about the offline thing, but there's a good guide here that shows you how to get the tank gun in like half an hour (you can skip most of the first level and lots of the second). If you can spare a bit of time today that is probably your safest bet. I'm gonna try it myself tonight.

Vidpixel

Oct 27, 2017
Perfect challenge took me a minute, but I finally finished it after several BTB rounds. The visor you get is sick as hell, nice little final reward before season 2 tomorrow.

Oct 26, 2017
I dunno about the offline thing, but there's a good guide here that shows you how to get the tank gun in like half an hour (you can skip most of the first level and lots of the second). If you can spare a bit of time today that is probably your safest bet. I'm gonna try it myself tonight.

Extremely useful video.

I've managed to get the tank gun and do the pelican skip glitch. Sadly I do not have the time to finish it tonight... I just hope they won't stealth patch some of the other skips/glitches.

Edit: I highly recommend getting the BR at the very beginning of the first level. To make things even more trivial, I used one of my monitor's gAm3R feEtch00rs to add a crosshair overlay to the game. Pretty dang useful.

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
From 'quake area to big OH.
To make things even more trivial, I used one of my monitor's gAm3R feEtch00rs to add a crosshair overlay to the game. Pretty dang useful.

I also found that on some objects you get a pointer. Do you can hide and then try to line up when it disappears.

Also, when carrying br and rockets you can tell by the zoom which one is equipped.

AlmostMilk

Oct 27, 2017
Extremely useful video.

I've managed to get the tank gun and do the pelican skip glitch. Sadly I do not have the time to finish it tonight... I just hope they won't stealth patch some of the other skips/glitches.

Edit: I highly recommend getting the BR at the very beginning of the first level. To make things even more trivial, I used one of my monitor's gAm3R feEtch00rs to add a crosshair overlay to the game. Pretty dang useful.
Not sure if the pelican skip glitch is a good idea. When I was doing my run, everything I read said that if you skip campaign missions it would not unlock the achievement since the missions skipped don't count towards the campaign progress. I always saw the achievement was based on the campaign progress meter instead of just finishing the last mission. If you do the skip glitch then your overall progress will sit somewhere at 20% and the achievement won't unlock. I could be wrong but that's what I have read from many sources.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
Did they ever mention why there's still 2 locked stances and that Infinity charm that say they are unlocked via campaign but currently it's not possible?

I assumed it was for some sort of DLC but now I feel like it's just a bug. lol

BradC00

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if the pelican skip glitch is a good idea. When I was doing my run, everything I read said that if you skip campaign missions it would not unlock the achievement since the missions skipped don't count towards the campaign progress. I always saw the achievement was based on the campaign progress meter instead of just finishing the last mission. If you do the skip glitch then your overall progress will sit somewhere at 20% and the achievement won't unlock. I could be wrong but that's what I have read from many sources.

Whats the pelican skip? The run i did i took a banshee to the road level and skipped a bunch of missions. After you complete the game i had to go back and do the spires mission and it popped.

Oct 26, 2017
Huh. Thankfully it saved right before I glitched the pelican... I'll have to look into it before continuing, then. Thanks!

I also found that on some objects you get a pointer. Do you can hide and then try to line up when it disappears.

Also, when carrying br and rockets you can tell by the zoom which one is equipped.
Yup. If you're referring to the yellow dot, it's just the grapple shot indicator! It's what I was using before remembering I could use one of my monitor's overlays.

AlmostMilk

Oct 27, 2017
Whats the pelican skip? The run i did i took a banshee to the road level and skipped a bunch of missions. After you complete the game i had to go back and do the spires mission and it popped.
Likly the same thing you did with the banshee. Fly the pelican to the road mission and skip most of the levels. At the time I was doing my run, nobody found a way around it. Seems the video SeanM posted shows a way around that.

Huh. Thankfully it saved right before I glitched the pelican... I'll have to look into it before continuing, then. Thanks!
You should be able to use it to fly around from mission to mission without issue. I'm just not sure about using it to straight up skip missions.

Buttonbasher

Dec 4, 2017

I'm not sure about this particular one, but I will say that doing the skip where you ground pound out of bounds and skip the fights in House of Reckoning worked just fine with unlocking the achievement. Following this guide helps, as I think you may have to hit certain trigger volumes to progress.

Skips within levels seem to be fine, but I guess I can't say that with full certainty. I also used the one in the opening mission, which could suggest that achievement progress only looks out for finishing each mission.

Last edited:

Defect

Oct 25, 2017
I found this video/channel today while searching for Infinite aim assist videos and this is exactly what I was looking for. It was uploaded today too.

The aiming in Infinite just fucking sucks.

SeanM

Oct 26, 2017
USA
Extremely useful video.

Glad you mentioned this, the thought of 343 stealth patching the other campaign glitches hadn't even crossed my mind and motivated me to complete as much as I possibly can tonight.

I did the skip to House of Reckoning but can't seem to pull off the grapple -> ground pound move to get underneath the map. Tried like two dozen times before giving up. Will give it another go later tonight, but at least I've skipped like 90% of the campaign now.

Buttonbasher

Dec 4, 2017
I did the skip to House of Reckoning but can't seem to pull off the grapple -> ground pound move to get underneath the map. Tried like two dozen times before giving up. Will give it another go later tonight, but at least I've skipped like 90% of the campaign now.
None of the videos seem to say it, but you have to be holding crouch while doing it for it to work.

Juan

Oct 28, 2017

That blond guy screaming because he's "not aiming" and the AIM assist is doing it all for him always felt cringe and ridiculous. Not saying the AIM is perfect on Infinite, it isn't like it wasn't on Halo 5, but the amont of AIM assist on this game has been the lowest it has ever been on a Halo game, and it's already not very pleasant to aim with a controller on this game, so anyone calling for AIM assist to be toned down should instead asking for controller players and KB/M players to not be matched together instead.

This video hits quite well on that topic.

I found this video/channel today while searching for Infinite aim assist videos and this is exactly what I was looking for. It was uploaded today too.

It's such a fondamental topic 343 has been missing since Halo 5, and I'm pretty sure it's due to their will to make Halo less of a "baby shooter" and make it harder to get in (more pro?) despite their will to hit a broader audience.

It's weird how their act & design and their public words are both going to different direction. They want a broader audience, but, they made the AIM less ergonomic and usable. Like... Am I missing something here?

Thanks for sharing, it was very interesting. 🙏

Ont

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017

I disagree with that statement and the whole video. I much prefer Infinite's aiming over older Halos. Of all the console/controller shooters out there right now, Infinite gives me most satisfaction because of how it controls.

His point about how Commando should be an automatic weapon is also wrong. I love weapons like Commando in Halo Infinite because it is not an easy weapon to use, and because it is a precision weapon. It is very satisfying weapon to get kills with because of those reasons.

Ont

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
It's such a fondamental topic 343 has been missing since Halo 5, and I'm pretty sure it's due to their will to make Halo less of a "baby shooter" and make it harder to get in (more pro?) despite their will to hit a broader audience.

It's weird how their act & design and their public words are both going to different direction. They want a broader audience, but, they made the AIM less ergonomic and usable. Like... Am I missing something here?

More aim assist does not necessarily mean that the game becomes more accessible or better.

Elden Ring is a hard game, and difficult to master, and it has a massive audience.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
I disagree with that statement and the whole video. I much prefer Infinite's aiming over older Halos. Of all the console/controller shooters out there right now, Infinite gives me most satisfaction because of how it controls.

His point about how Commando should be an automatic weapon is also wrong. I love weapons like Commando in Halo Infinite because it is not an easy weapon to use, and because it is a precision weapon. It is very satisfying weapon to get kills with because of those reasons.

The game controls mostly ok, IMO but the BR, sidekick, commando, and AR are screwed… which sucks because they are the most common weapons in the game.

Left stick aim assist with the BR is downright insane.

The commando is and automatic precision weapon. The issue isn't that it's too hard, it's just too unpredictable to use with maximum efficiency. They've implanted RNG where skill should be. I'd love for them to get rid of bloom on the commando and for once we'd have a automatic weapon worthy of being a starting weapon and we could get away from this AR nonsense.

SeanM

Oct 26, 2017
USA
None of the videos seem to say it, but you have to be holding crouch while doing it for it to work.

So you mean I have to crouch mid-grapple (same time as pressing melee for the ground pound)? I was crouching pre-grapple, that might be what I'm doing wrong.

The speedrun video you shared seems like a faster and easier method than what I've been attempting (https://youtu.be/YejXIvfLZro?t=2666) but it already checkpointed me on the opposite side of the training room and when I go back to the starting location in your video there's enemies there now... Ugh.

Edit: Nevermind I got it now, your comment helped me realize what I was doing wrong. I changed toggle to hold crouch in settings and forgot, I wasn't actually holding crouch. Oops lol

Last edited:

Juan

Oct 28, 2017
More aim assist does not necessarily mean that the game becomes more accessible or better.

Elden Ring is a hard game, and difficult to master, and it has a massive audience.

You are comparing Apples and Oranges. Elden Ring is a challenging game but is mastering the base gameplay, the feeling of combat and moving around, which are the very basic things you do. Also, you're playing against AI most of the time, and those can be adapted to the settings. Go play Dark Souls 1 once again once you're done with Elden Ring and you will see how the basic gameplay can make such a difference for a very similar challenging game.

In Halo, if you don't feel the very basic of the gameplay, aka aiming, to be smooth, then the whole game falls apart, especially with the unpredictability of other players's behaviors. Also, aim assist is one element of the AIM system in Halo, and it was for once well explained in this video. The feeling is more that Infinite lack a good reticule magnetism during action than the bullet magnestism itself for example.

Halo has always been a very accessible shooter, thanks to its fair share of AIM assist and and generous Reticule magnetism, and that's one of the element that made it very popular on console. 343 offered a lesser aim and assistance for the aim since Halo 5, and now with Infinite, and the game became less accessible on part because of this.

The more AIM assist you put, the more accessible the game becomes. But, accessible and better are two different things. Too much AIM assist, and the game doesn't get better, it just feel like the game is aiming for you, but it now becomes very accessible for say.

There's a thin line to find between giving enough aim assistance so the game becomes accessible and feels good on controller, but not too much that you don't get satisfaction for your action. In my case, 343 didn't find this balance with most of the weapon in Infinite for a controller player.

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
I finished Pelican Down and saved right after. Just loaded my game and I'm still in that area with the pelican down market and to start The Sequence I need to get to the Pelican way south east of me. How the hell do I get there lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.