• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Juan

Oct 28, 2017
This game would be 100x better if Max Hoberman developed the matchmaking system.

Yeah, his documents shared on Twitter showed one of the many design principles putting 343 Industries and Bungie in a very different direction: how deeply Bungie cared to create a social experience with an FPS, while 343 is first and foremost interested in creating a FPS, with then online aspects.

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
From 'quake area to big OH.
Oh. My challenges have negative days.

Jan 6, 2022
I finally got that black visor, it is pretty slick. Excited for more consistent quality from those rewards in season 2, and excited for visors to become cross-core in season 2 as well.
Ending this season on a huge HCS event was the right call, imo. Makes me more excited for Tuesday

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Don't think I have the will to speed run the campaign for skull to get the cannon for laso.

Might not be worth it. But it's going to sting not having 1 achievement.
could speed run on recruit with the tank gun no-LASO to get the missing skull right? as long as you have a save active with the tank gun it'll persist even after the patch comes thru I think they said.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
How would that work? I need one in the first and last mission.
no clue lol that sucks that you need to go all the way until the end though 😭 I imagine you just play on rookie until outpost tremonious where you get the scorpion tank gun and plow thru as fast as possible until the last skull, then restart the game with LASO enabled -> play to outpost tremonious and grab the tank gun and then leave the campaign save file as is until you feel like completing it.

Sr Kitsune

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Baja California, Mexico
I would also recommend this video for doing the LASO run, it is the shortest way to get the achievement with skips. I think there are some skips that may not give you the achievement, if you went for the actual fastest way to finish the campaign?

Anyways it's a 2 hours play. I did it in two afternoons, mostly because I too had to play the full campaign again to get the last skull. And I did not have the energy to do it one sit.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
Bruh, I am so frustrated with this stupid Party Bus achievement.

It's the one where you need to get 3 passengers in your Razorback and earn the Mount Up medal but no matter what I do it just won't pop for me. I looked up YouTube guides and all they show is making sure to honk your horn so it pings your location before the last person gets in. I have done this numerous times by now and it just doesn't work.

Aside from Extraction revives which will come in S2 it's the last achievement I need.

Oct 27, 2017
Bruh, I am so frustrated with this stupid Party Bus achievement.

It's the one where you need to get 3 passengers in your Razorback and earn the Mount Up medal but no matter what I do it just won't pop for me. I looked up YouTube guides and all they show is making sure to honk your horn so it pings your location before the last person gets in. I have done this numerous times by now and it just doesn't work.

Aside from Extraction revives which will come in S2 it's the last achievement I need.
Do you mean that people don't get into the Razorback or it just doesn't activate the achievement even though you've met the criteria? It worked for me the first time I got a the Razorback filled up but that was months ago so some patch may have broken something since then.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
Going to be unfortunate if the new maps suck lol. H5 had horrible DLC maps so I'm a bit cautious. Molten, riptide and overgrowth are among the worst Halo maps in franchise history 🤮🤮🤮

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
Have they said how having multiple battle passes works? You have to choose to do one of them or they both are active for example and you make progress on both at same time? I never finished season 1's.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Have they said how having multiple battle passes works? You have to choose to do one of them or they both are active for example and you make progress on both at same time? I never finished season 1's.
You have to have purchased a specific prior season Battle Pass to go back to it, first off. But you switch between which one is "active" to make progress towards it.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
Do you mean that people don't get into the Razorback or it just doesn't activate the achievement even though you've met the criteria? It worked for me the first time I got a the Razorback filled up but that was months ago so some patch may have broken something since then.

I've been able to get a full crew into the Razorback, it just won't activate the medal for the achievement for some reason even though I'm filling the same criteria as the people I've watched get it on YouTube videos. The only thing I can think of is having 3 people get in simultaneously but that's basically impossible unless you form a team specifically for the challenge, which I honestly might end up doing at this point.

SeanM

Oct 26, 2017
USA
I've been able to get a full crew into the Razorback, it just won't activate the medal for the achievement for some reason even though I'm filling the same criteria as the people I've watched get it on YouTube videos. The only thing I can think of is having 3 people get in simultaneously but that's basically impossible unless you form a team specifically for the challenge, which I honestly might end up doing at this point.

It's super fickle. I did it months ago, but if I remember correctly the trick is that your Razorback has to be stationary. If you honk the horn and then drive up to a teammate for them to hop in, it doesn't count. You basically have to be completely stopped and then honk, and don't move until people get in.

I got it on BTB Stockpile @ Hightower, your whole team spawns right next to one. You can usually hop into it first and then honk, then just have to cross your fingers that some teammates hop in... Most of the time they won't, so good luck lol.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
Ugh, maybe that's why. Why do they make it such a pain in the ass. The achievement should pop getting 3 people in at the same time and that's that. lol

Jan 6, 2022
Going to be unfortunate if the new maps suck lol. H5 had horrible DLC maps so I'm a bit cautious. Molten, riptide and overgrowth are among the worst Halo maps in franchise history 🤮🤮🤮
I noticed no difference between DLC map quality and normal map quality in Halo 5, I did not like any of them except Plaza haha.

I also hope Catalyst is of similar quality as the base maps in this game, especially if they are drip-fed this slowly

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
From 'quake area to big OH.
Finally got the glitch to work and beat the game. Got the fast achievement. Still missing one skull. I'm hoping by some weird chance I can get the spire to activate and go in. Otherwise I have to do another run.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Went 16-4 (2 losses because of quitters) today in ranked and only managed to go up 50 csr and barely made back into onyx at 1505. I lose one game because someone quit and I drop all the way back down to 1480. At this point it's like the game wants you to never lose it's just so frustrating.

AlmostMilk

Oct 27, 2017
Got all skulls now. Never actually completed a LASO before. I think I was stuck in the first level of halo 4.
The hardest part is the first levels. Once you get the tank gun it's way easier. It seems they are allowing anyone who already got it to keep it. So as long as you can get to that point, you can continue on after the update at your own pace.

Navidson REC

Oct 31, 2017
could speed run on recruit with the tank gun no-LASO to get the missing skull right? as long as you have a save active with the tank gun it'll persist even after the patch comes thru I think they said.
Oh really? Awesome, I'm still on Excavation Site and I don't think I'm able to take the time to finish my LASO run by Tuesday.

Also, I really wish they'd keep the tank gun in the game. Make it harder to obtain or something, but keep it. It's SO much fun to use. It's hilarious just how far enemies fly into the distance with this thing lol

Oct 26, 2017
So... a few tips for tonight's drop.

In Vivaldi there's a neat feature that allows you to periodically reload tabs (right click on the tab > periodic reload)... this way you won't have to install external tools or write custom scripts to refresh the page.

I also installed Automatic Twitch for whenever there are multiple drops that need to be claimed individually.

Deleted member 93062

Account closed at user request
Banned
Mar 4, 2021
Thought the Weekly Ultimate would be really hard. Turns out it wasn't bad at all, just go into FFA Slayer and grab the Mangler or BR and you'll be set in a game or two.

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
Your biggest threat in losing it is using your grapple shot. On my run I never really used it except for traversal. The threat sensor was way more beneficial to me at least. If you happen to drop it, just quit out immediately.
yeah... this is what happened to me. Grappled a weapon and voided the tank gun. Game autosaved before I could quit.

Luckily Infinite Ammo Rocket Launcher/Sentinel Beam still shred so I just closed out my playthrough with them.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
I did LASO without the tank gun and it was fairly easy. The legendary sentinel beam is easy mode and it does not blast enemies off of the map which stalls progress like the tank gun does.

russbus64

May 1, 2018
Some of the interior areas with sentinels made LASO a bit difficult, but yes, getting outside is the hardest part of LASO with the tank gun.

Status
Not open for further replies.