• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Juan

Oct 28, 2017
I am getting absolutley shit on by challenges.

Get 5 mangler kills. 3 of them didn't count.
Play 5 FFA matches
Get a warthog gunner kill
Headshot an enemy while zoomed in on the sniper rifle
10 Stalker Rifle Kills
Play a CTF match

etc

I feel like every week, I've been getting pretty lucky compared to all of you.

Since 2 months, all my weekly challenges have always been stuff like:

- Play X matches in Y playlists
- Do X number of kill in Y playlists
- Do X points in Y playlists
- Do X kills with the Battle Rifle

Like most of them didn't force me to do anything special I wouldn't have done myself while playing normally. I thought it was the same for everyone, but I feel pretty lucky now haha.

Defect

Oct 25, 2017
Whats the matchmaking trick?

I just hate these for making me play shit I dont want. Ive had 4 tactical slayer challenges. Fuck that mode.
I'm assuming he's talking about this.

Once you find the match, press select to bring up the roster so you can see what map and game type you got. If you don't like it then just close out of the game before the match fully loads.

Also you can do those challenges in the bot playlist unless it states pvp

It's how I used to avoid Behemoth lol

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
Forgot to check the weekly reward. Anything good?

A black visor, looks pretty cool.

Image-empty-state.png

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like every week, I've been getting pretty lucky compared to all of you.

Since 2 months, all my weekly challenges have always been stuff like:

- Play X matches in Y playlists
- Do X number of kill in Y playlists
- Do X points in Y playlists
- Do X kills with the Battle Rifle

Like most of them didn't force me to do anything special I wouldn't have done myself while playing normally. I thought it was the same for everyone, but I feel pretty lucky now haha.

Yeah I literally killed all the challenges on monday before reset.

Im trying these and its just like "play 5 matches in a playlist you hate
Get x kills with a weapon you dont use often
Pray you get snipe and can use it

This would be better if we still periodically got challenge swaps

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
It's mainly the "play specific gametype" challenges that get me… especially when I can't force the gametype I want.

Not because it seems like I rarely get the gametype I need, but because people quit to get what they need. I can't blame them.

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Whats the matchmaking trick?

I just hate these for making me play shit I dont want. Ive had 4 tactical slayer challenges. Fuck that mode.
When the "Searching..." changes to "Match Found" press the Back button to bring up the Fireteam lobby.

You'll then be able to see what gametype you're loading into. If you don't want that gametype, press X and it'll cancel matchmaking in this menu.

NOTE: Sometimes it takes a few seconds for the gametype to load, so just press B to exit the Fireteam lobby menu, then press the Back button to bring it up again. Repeat this process until it shows. The loading bar will be counting up % until the next loading screen comes up, so you have more than enough time to react.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
It's mainly the "play specific gametype" challenges that get me… especially when I can't force the gametype I want.

Not because it seems like I rarely get the gametype I need, but because people quit to get what they need. I can't blame them.
I think one of the most important features we could get is match composer and it seems like it's not high on their list or the communities really. People are far more concerned with watching some bar fills up in the main menu with some useless ranking. We could have precision starts in social, select gametypes to knock out challenges without the randomness of MM but nope.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone get constant crashes on the xbox app? THinking of switching to steam but my halo client always crashes a couple times a session

Would be less of an issue if we had join back in but hey its not like this is a modern game or anything

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
Anyone get constant crashes on the xbox app? THinking of switching to steam but my halo client always crashes a couple times a session

Would be less of an issue if we had join back in but hey its not like this is a modern game or anything

Yeah, I use the Xbox app and depending how long I play I average like 1-2 crashes per session. I don't think it would fair better using Steam.

Hopefully it becomes more stable with S2.

ShapeGSX

Nov 13, 2017

The only crash I've seen with the Xbox game on my Series X is a somewhat repeatable crash involving a Wraith. I've had it crash twice when shooting the wraith's canon. That's about it though over a couple hundred hours.

Deleted member 68874

Account closed at user request
Banned
May 10, 2020

The fact Team Slayer is still in the Quick Play playlist despite now having it's own playlist is just funny as hell at this point.

Trup1aya

Oct 25, 2017
The fact Team Slayer is still in the Quick Play playlist despite now having it's own playlist is just funny as hell at this point.

Social slayer is easily my least favorite gametype. Would be nice if I could just uncheck it when I choose quickplay, but since 343 hates match Composer, I should at least be able to avoid it by avoiding the slayer playlist.

RoninChaos

Oct 26, 2017
I'm workmf through my challenges this week cause I want that visor but they're all over the fucking place. Dreading trying to get 3 perfects. I rarely get perfects. Like, ever.

SteveByDesign

Sep 11, 2019
I sadly didn't have the time yesterday to watch the full live stream.

It sounds like a lot of what is coming as far as new content. Did they mention quality of life improvements at all?

Right now I again have a stuck weekly and won't be able to get the ultimate which actually looks kind of cool. :(

Jan 6, 2022

It sounds like a lot of what is coming as far as new content. Did they mention quality of life improvements at all?

Right now I again have a stuck weekly and won't be able to get the ultimate which actually looks kind of cool. :(
They talked a lot of QoL improvements and said it was the current #1 priority of the studio. They talked extensively about drop pods and gave two examples of things that would "drop" in those updates in Season 2 (anti-cheat improvements and ranked experience improvements)

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
Ew. I'm guessing pvp only too.

It's not that bad. Just load up a quick play or team slayer and find a BR and you'll bound to get them eventually. Shock Rifle headshots also count.

Joe Staten said QoL improvements and fundamental issues with the game is one of the main reasons why S2 is 6 months again. They want the team to iron out things like desync, better anti-cheat, crashing, ranked experience, spartan career progression, etc. before going all in on a steady 3 month cadence of new content. I wish the team was big enough to tackle both, but it makes sense to prioritize those QoL issues first. New content is great but if crashing, desync, and cheating are apart of the game then all that new content is stained with bad player experiences anyway.

What weekly is stuck for you?

SteveByDesign

Sep 11, 2019
It's not that bad. Just load up a quick play or team slayer and find a BR and you'll bound to get them eventually. Shock Rifle headshots also count.

Joe Staten said QoL improvements and fundamental issues with the game is one of the main reasons why S2 is 6 months again. They want the team to iron out things like desync, better anti-cheat, crashing, ranked experience, spartan career progression, etc. before going all in on a steady 3 month cadence of new content. I wish the team was big enough to tackle both, but it makes sense to prioritize those QoL issues first. New content is great but if crashing, desync, and cheating are apart of the game then all that new content is stained with bad player experiences anyway.

What weekly is stuck for you?

10 enemy Spartans in PvP with melee. It is driving me nuts, have played several matches and they are not counting towards it.

Really really happy to hear that desync is going to be tackled this season!

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
Hm, that's odd. I know sometimes challenges bug out and don't count but I don't think I ever had a challenge that was simply stuck. Are you sure they are just regular melee kills and not backsmacks or something?

Submitting a ticket would take way too long, so unfortunately you might have to use a swap on it. =/

Moose

Oct 25, 2017
Season 2 battlepass looks legitimately great and I'll even say if they get to 3 month seasons with that quality of cosmetics that would be fairly impressive. With that said, where are the camo BR skins? Not a single one in the BP. I think all of the AR camo skins were in the shop for season 1 so hopefully we can get some BR skins there at least. There are currently 0 camo skins for the BR I don't even think they were datamined.

Teamocil

Oct 25, 2017
Today has been a day full of just terrible matches. Really souring me on the game right ahead of KC.

It also takes ages to load into a game. I'm so sick of seeing "other players loading" when I'm already frustrated and trying to knock challenges out as quickly as possible

Last edited:

SeanM

Oct 26, 2017
USA
Season 2 battlepass looks legitimately great and I'll even say if they get to 3 month seasons with that quality of cosmetics that would be fairly impressive.

Yeah I'm really digging the contents of S2 BP. The whole makeshift armor patched together with scavenged parts is right up my alley. Kneepads with electrical tape and chest pieces held together by straps and strings, and then of course the Elite skulls as shoulder pads look badass. Others like the GRD helmet look goofy in the best possible way. Loving the aesthetics.

I'm a lot more interested in the narrative events too after that stream. I was expecting it to be like a one minute throwaway CG intro but having it be real-time cutscenes that showcase your multiplayer character with all the customizations, and having it be a recurring storyline that continues throughout each season is really neat.

Only bummer is that it's a six month season again. I have dozens of double XP boosts and challenge swaps left over from the first season and there's gonna be even more of them in the next battle pass. But it feels pointless to use them in a six month season, there's no rush.

Ont

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
It also takes ages to load into a game. I'm so sick of seeing "other players loading" when I'm already frustrated and trying to knock challenges out as quickly as possible

Xbox Ones and PCs with old hard drives are causing that. It will not change until more players are on Xbox Series X/S or SSD on PC.

Last edited:

Moose

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I'm really digging the contents of S2 BP. The whole makeshift armor patched together with scavenged parts is right up my alley. Kneepads with electrical tape and chest pieces held together by straps and strings, and then of course the Elite skulls as shoulder pads look badass. Others like the GRD helmet look goofy in the best possible way. Loving the aesthetics.

I'm a lot more interested in the narrative events too after that stream. I was expecting it to be like a one minute throwaway CG intro but having it be real-time cutscenes that showcase your multiplayer character with all the customizations, and having it be a recurring storyline that continues throughout each season is really neat.

Only bummer is that it's a six month season again. I have dozens of double XP boosts and challenge swaps left over from the first season and there's gonna be even more of them in the next battle pass. But it feels pointless to use them in a six month season, there's no rush.
Yeah I was thinking I'm not going to use my boosts at all. I have zero swaps because I hate fiesta so always swap it out when it's not the event.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Haven't kept up with dev stuff... Has 343 commented on weapon balance? Any changes?

The ravager seems comical to the point where it has to be bugged and not intended to be so weak right? In the community update stream they even said they were looking to remove challenges like get ravager kills.

The hammer is outright useless without radar.

Disruptor is a meme gun outside of BTB. I thought it had utility but at a certain skill level its pointless to use instead of a BR or even pistol/AR

Drop Wall is super lame and underwhelming. Any map its on it should be replaced by thrust/repulse/grapple imo

I'm not a terribly big fan of some other guns but those are the main ones I basically never pick up or use.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Haven't kept up with dev stuff... Has 343 commented on weapon balance? Any changes?

The ravager seems comical to the point where it has to be bugged and not intended to be so weak right? In the community update stream they even said they were looking to remove challenges like get ravager kills.

Disruptor is a meme gun outside of BTB. I thought it had utility but at a certain skill level its pointless to use instead of a BR or even pistol/AR

Drop Wall is super lame and underwhelming. Any map its on it should be replaced by thrust/repulse/grapple imo

I'm not a terribly big fan of some other guns but those are the main ones I basically never pick up or use.
Pretty sure they mentioned in a blog about upping Ravager damage, and buffing drop wall. Unsure about other weapons too but i expect them to land with S2

Ont

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017

Ravager is getting a damage boost, Mangler melee is getting nerfed, and they are making Drop Wall deploy faster or something.

Jan 6, 2022

I disagree, the disruptor is really solid in ranked for taking people out of fights and also has some great shock utility (hitting the strongholds AI pad with the disruptor will chain electric damage)

Trup1aya

Oct 25, 2017

I think they've addressed buffs to all of these.

Disagree on the disruptor though. It's great for taking on multiple players.

Vidpixel

Oct 27, 2017
I want the weekly visor, but I hate when I'm forced to play playlists other than BTB or team slayer lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.