• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
Well that pretty much confirms it.

A far cry from 343's old statement of "the only BR in Halo Infinite will be the Battle Rifle" or something to that effect.

At least they realize what needs to be done and aren't stubborn about it. Also having it be developed by CA instead of 343 gives me more hope it will actually be solid from the start. lol

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Its funny how much I used to be against you concerning radar talks. But after how well the first flight went and after playing more Battlefield 1 recently I think it would benefit Halo immensely. The gameplay feels more teammate focused without radar, which is so nice.

Also side note, it's insulting how well Battlefield 1s company group up works before matches. It does take a bit longer to load in sure, but you're always with your selected teammates. I just don't get how 343 didn't steal that mechanic entirely.
No radar or even the Combat Sensor needs to be forced. The Halo fans who are pure Halo Waypoint posters at heart don't understand how Combat Sensor and no radar are better for gameplay because they've grown a dependence on Motion Tracker. Fortnite doesn't have a damn radar and that's one of the most popular, fast paced, vertical shooters that exists, so people can get the hell outta here with trying to argue they need one for these small maps.

Hard to shake up a 20 year mentality without forcing that change. 343 forced sprint and got it to a great place, now no one talks about it aside from some dozens. This could have been the game to do that if 343 stuck with that first preview's Combat Sensor, but we all know what happened there.

Defect

Oct 25, 2017
Totally cool with Halo getting a BR but if the matchmaking is going to be unchanged then it'll be a shitshow.

Seriously, Trueskill 2 is trash.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
No radar or even the Combat Sensor needs to be forced. The Halo fans who are pure Halo Waypoint posters at heart don't understand how Combat Sensor and no radar are better for gameplay because they've grown a dependence on Motion Tracker. Fortnite doesn't have a damn radar and that's one of the most popular, fast paced, vertical shooters that exists, so people can get the hell outta here with trying to argue they need one for these small maps.

Hard to shake up a 20 year mentality without forcing that change. 343 forced sprint and got it to a great place, now no one talks about it aside from some dozens. This could have been the game to do that if 343 stuck with that first preview's Combat Sensor, but we all know what happened there.
need them to come out with an event or game mode using Combat Sensor so more people can acknowledge its superiority

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
It blows my fucking mind that my ~40 ping matches, the lowest I ever get, are the worst playing with shot reg/desync/jitter/etc

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
didn't they explain that your ping may be low but others on the server may be high which is where the "desync" happens with compensation

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
didn't they explain that your ping may be low but others on the server may be high which is where the "desync" happens with compensation

Yeah, but they also said that the netcode favors the shooter.

I'd expect to be getting shot behind walls more in this scenario, but I wouldn't expect my bullets to be doing no damage.

Oct 25, 2017
man this game's campaign shines even more on legendary difficulty. Except with that twin brutes boss fight holy fuck that was miserable

and people who think this game looks bad are crazy. it looks so damn good sometimes. excellent work on the textures.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
man this game's campaign shines even more on legendary difficulty. Except with that twin brutes boss fight holy fuck that was miserable

and people who think this game looks bad are crazy. it looks so damn good sometimes. excellent work on the textures.
i had a shit time against the duo simply on the difficulty below legendary. don't wanna imagine with on legendary lol

Zeouter

Oct 27, 2017
Ireland
I got very lucky against them on Heroic, I had a ghost, the brothers separated around a corner of the destroyed frigate, so I could nail them one by one.

Buttonbasher

Dec 4, 2017
Oh yay, another 'complete ranked matches' challenge that is too easy to swap, but will ensure I play six matches of the only Halo mode I hate.

There's nothing on this earth that would make me care about my rank, it's just the drawn out objectives, BR starts, and more intense focus that takes a game I love in every other configuration and makes me resent it.

I've been coasting on about a month without having to play any ranked modes, and I'm already eager for these next five matches to be over.

EDIT: This has been my weekly vent post at the start of the challenge, and now that it's over I love Halo again. Coming back every Tuesday is genuinely great fun. Big fan of this game, and I'm excited for Season 2 in 19 days.

Now to win 4 BTB matches, which I'm sure will be just as breezy and quick...

Last edited:

TK-421

Nov 30, 2017
Death Star
Where can I go to find out when new drops are happening? The waypoint app never has drops listed.

Either follow @HCS on twitter, or bookmark this page and revisit
www.haloinfinitenews.com

Twitch Drops

Today, yet another way to earn Halo Infinite unlockables has appeared. Players can take advantage of Twitch Drops to get cosmetic items periodically. The first one, the Got Milked Nameplate, is available today! Here's how to sign up, connect your accounts, and start earning.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
www.halowaypoint.com

Season 1 Outcomes Report – Live

<p>This week, we’re doing another Outcomes report that’s focused on our Live Team’s responsibilities. In it, we’ll cover feedback on Halo Infinite’s Customization, Shop, Battle Pass, Progression, Challenges, Ultimate Rewards, Events, Theater, Observer Mode, and more.</p>
  • Week 1: Sentry Stance
  • Week 2: Battleship Haze MA40 AR Coating
  • Week 3: Alabaster Cognac Razorback Coating
  • Week 4: Amber Yesterday Visor
  • Week 5: Spring Mountain Stance
Relevant part

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
From 'quake area to big OH.
www.halowaypoint.com

<p>This week, we’re doing another Outcomes report that’s focused on our Live Team’s responsibilities. In it, we’ll cover feedback on Halo Infinite’s Customization, Shop, Battle Pass, Progression, Challenges, Ultimate Rewards, Events, Theater, Observer Mode, and more.</p>

Thanks.

For example, here's the first five weeks of Ultimate Rewards in S2:
  • Week 1: Sentry Stance
  • Week 2: Battleship Haze MA40 AR Coating
  • Week 3: Alabaster Cognac Razorback Coating
  • Week 4: Amber Yesterday Visor
  • Week 5: Spring Mountain Stance

LaneDS

Oct 25, 2017
www.halowaypoint.com

Hadn't read through that previously, some good stuff in there and sounds like players willing to stick with this game over time are going to have some nice changes to look forward to (especially with the Certain Affinity news this week).

Really hope they address PC performance more openly in a big way at some point, as I think that's more of a problem than they've ever really spoken to (or maybe that's my own personal experience and bias talking... dunno!).

Buttonbasher

Dec 4, 2017
The ultimate challenge this week being 4 BTB wins is exhausting. The risk/reward of even PLAYING 4 BTB matches is an hour of time, and the amount of variables that have to work in your favor to win are many. 3/4 modes per map are objective based, and you really have to have luck on your side to have enough of a team that has any interest in playing those objectives.

I'm three hours, and 12 matches deep and have 1/4 wins. I finished the battle pass in December, and don't really enjoy playing these modes for the fun of it, so it just feels like I'm wasting my own time playing a version of a game I love that pushes me away, with absolutely nothing to show for it.

Ultimate challenges should never be something that singularly take more time to complete than every other weekly challenge combined, but this looks like it might be a second week of that being the case (the previous instance being the 41 BTB matches I had to endure to get 2 Stockpile wins).

I deeply hope that they re-evaluate the Ultimate challenges in Season Two.

Last edited:

BradC00

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The ultimate challenge this week being 4 BTB wins is exhausting. The risk/reward of even PLAYING 4 BTB matches is an hour of time, and the amount of variables that have to work in your favor to win are many. 3/4 modes per map are objective based, and you really have to have luck on your side to have enough of a team that has any interest in playing those objectives.

I'm four hours, and 12 matches deep and have 1/4 wins. I finished the battle pass in December, and don't really enjoy playing these modes for the fun of it, so it just feels like I'm wasting my own time playing a version of a game I love that pushes me away, with absolutely nothing to show for it.

Ultimate challenges should never be something that singularly take more time to complete than every other weekly challenge combined, but this looks like it might be a second week of that being the case (the previous instance being the 41 BTB matches I had to endure to get 2 Stockpile wins).

Took me an hour and 15 minutes and 7 matches last night. Got super lucky. Once a team gets the lead a bunch of people on the other team would quit, due to this shitty system.

Still don't get how you are four hours in with only 12 matches.

Buttonbasher

Dec 4, 2017
Took me an hour and 15 minutes and 7 matches last night. Got super lucky. Once a team gets the lead a bunch of people on the other team would quit, due to this shitty system.

Still don't get how you are four hours in with only 12 matches.
Ah bad math on my part. Should be three hours, though there were three CTF's that went into overtime.

That's some great luck though. I just wish Ultimate Challenges were to DO something cool, rather than luck into something through attrition.

Buttonbasher

Dec 4, 2017
Thankful to the RNG gods that lined up three consecutive Big Team Slayer matches that finished off the weekly challenge.

29 Arena matches for the other challenges, and 19 BTBs for the Weekly.

I know this specific piece of art has been seen for countless emblems, but its pretty decent for a name plate. I'll play for it
Yeah, I've come around on nameplates, given how they show up to the other players when you get kills. The palette options on this one are nice too.

Jan 6, 2022
Just got to play a few games with a 4 stack, all comming, in ranked. When you can talk to your team like that, the game is bliss. Like potentially my favorite gaming experience in a long long time.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah the win a stockpile, ctf, strongholds match two times are bullshit because the game types then never come up. It will be worse next season with more stuff being added to quick play (hopefully) so they should change those to play x amount at least.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
I wish I had some friends to 4 stack in this. Even during losing streaks it would be way more fun and refreshing not having someone curse you out on the mic or chat window if you have a bad game. lol

Navidson REC

Oct 31, 2017

I'm three hours, and 12 matches deep and have 1/4 wins. I finished the battle pass in December, and don't really enjoy playing these modes for the fun of it, so it just feels like I'm wasting my own time playing a version of a game I love that pushes me away, with absolutely nothing to show for it.

I honestly don't get why people do this if they are not enjoying themselves? Is it just the FOMO/completionism? Like, I feel like I'm having a great time with at least 80% of the matches I'm playing simply because the base gameplay is awesome. If I'm getting a cool reward on top, neat. If it's something super inconsequential I won't even bother.

Edit: to be fair I just saw your earlier post stating that you do genuinely enjoy this game (for the most part), so that puts things into perspective

Last edited:

Buttonbasher

Dec 4, 2017
I honestly don't get why people do this if they are not enjoying themselves? Is it just the FOMO/completionism? Like, I feel like I'm having a great time with at least 80% of the matches I'm playing simply because the base gameplay is awesome. If I'm getting a cool reward on top, neat. If it's something super inconsequential I won't even bother.

Edit: to be fair I just saw your earlier post stating that you do genuinely enjoy this game (for the most part), so that puts things into perspective
I genuinely love playing the game each week, and am currently sitting at 1443 matches completed.

There's a definite completionism aspect, as I've incidentally unlocked all of the previous weekly rewards, but I really just chase the challenges because I like the goal oriented structure of it all. I use challenge swaps if something comes up that I don't wanna do in the normal rotation, but the Ultimate's being fixed challenges creates friction in a way that can be annoying to me. It's usually knowing that there's this one last thing to check off that drives me to go after it. The reward isn't really even the driving factor most weeks, as much as it's just an excuse to play more Halo.

I think I just end up posting this stuff here because it's sometimes cathartic to vent about the extremely small portion of the game that I'm not jiving with, and wanna see improved. I love everything outside of these small snags, honestly, and definitely get fatigued reading the deluge of negativity. I guess I'm contributing to that in my own way though.

ShapeGSX

Nov 13, 2017
And in case he is - why do I get unstable jitter/packet loss nearly constantly? Put big brains on it, stat

It could be your ISP or your particular connection or your networking equipment, or even a link between you and the server.

When I was a youngun, we used to use tracert to debug bad connections since it lists out every hop and the latency involved. Not sure it's relevant in today's internet, though.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
It could be your ISP or your particular connection or your networking equipment, or even a link between you and the server.

When I was a youngun, we used to use tracert to debug bad connections since it lists out every hop and the latency involved. Not sure it's relevant in today's internet, though.

It's starlink, so I wouldn't be surprised. It's just not really an issue in other games like it is in Infinite, including H5

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
I don't think they said but I would assume the ranks would reset for the start of S2 and then reset for every new season.

The only reason they did a reset during the middle of S1 was more due to something being faulty with the way it ranked players too high which caused matchmaking issues with everyone having inflated ranks.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They announce any changes to BTB?

We were down 2-0 and down some people in BTB CTF. And they gave them a scorpion.

So quirky how fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.