• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thankyoumerzbow

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2020
its been a couple a days since i barely get games with less than 100 ping. is geofiltering back, ddosing or nobody plays the game on europe?

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
This is such a weird game.

I don't think I've ever played something before where one second I am loving it to the very next second absolutely detesting it with such a constant back and forth variance.

Luckily, a lot of the annoyances come from things that can actually be improved upon and hopefully will.

BradC00

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
www.halowaypoint.com

Season 1 Outcomes Report – Live

<p>This week, we’re doing another Outcomes report that’s focused on our Live Team’s responsibilities. In it, we’ll cover feedback on Halo Infinite’s Customization, Shop, Battle Pass, Progression, Challenges, Ultimate Rewards, Events, Theater, Observer Mode, and more.</p>

Sr Kitsune

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Baja California, Mexico
Sharing coatings and visors across cores is nice, the way it should have been from the beginning. No one wants to unlock the same coating every time per core lol.

And sharing helmets (and attachments?) across non fracture cores seems like s good begining. I don't mind not mixing it with fracture cores but don't know if they should be restricted to begin with.

Allowing using individual parts of a kit is great too. If I want to wear s teams uniform I can always select the full kit, no reason to not allow players to use the kit partially lol

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
Some good and some bad/disappointing.

- Looks like cross-core customization is something they are focusing on which is good, but at the start it seems they'll be testing it out by only allowing coatings and visors be fully cross-core while helmets and chest pieces available on their canon cores only (I assume means Mark VII and Mark V). They also mentioned armor kits will be customizable going forward, too.

- Multiple attachments on armor, weapons, and vehicles that don't overlap doesn't seem to be coming anytime soon which is pretty disappointing.

- They actually acknowledged the Watchdog armor coating looking like crap compared to the 2020 renders and even the HCS Winter weapon coatings looking too similar to Watchdog. Nothing concrete, but they did say they will "make it right" in a future update which is cool of them. Apparently the Red Shift armor coating which was a GameStop promotional skin looks different too which I didn't know about. I have no complaints on that because I think the coating currently looks bad ass. lol

- They said they might actually even add a SECOND PAGE in the shop! What absolute mad lads.

- My biggest disappoint: Spartan Career progression is still only in the DESIGN PHASE. Ugh... we won't be seeing this anytime soon. No way for S2. Hoping for S3 but I doubt even that. I honestly don't understand how they didn't prioritize something like this to be ready from the get go, but to actually have to wait potentially another full year before we get any sort of actual progression system outside a BP is inexcusable.

- They did mention the ultimate weekly rewards will be much better going forward consisting of things like stances, coatings, and visors and no more emblems and backdrops which is a good change.

- They removed Killjoy challenges, but it doesn't seem like the overall challenge system complete with monetized challenge swaps are going away anytime soon.

Last edited:

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
some good changes here. Gotta say though, reading through this post has me realizing how uninvested I've become in this game's cosmetics/challenge system. I was super excited about the battle pass at launch, but going into S2 the odds feel slim that I'm gonna bother buying it this time around. Can see myself completely ignoring it from here on out.

Still interested in the Career Progression system they've got in the works though, and I am pretty curious about that new BTB mode coming up. S2 Launch week should be fun!

Nov 14, 2017
Keeping the fractures cores separate is probably a mix of art/consistency reasons: as the number of fractures increases there may be designs that vary substantially enough that even refitting just the helmets for multiple cores could take more work, and being selective will lead to the same complaints as now. Easier to have a clear demarcation between Mjolnir and fracture suits.
Some good and some bad/disappointing.

- Looks like cross-core customization is something they are focusing on which is good, but at the start it seems they'll be testing it out by only allowing coatings and visors be fully cross-core while helmets and chest pieces available on their canon cores only (I assume means Mark VII and Mark V). They also mentioned armor kits will be customizable going forward, too.
Reread, the initial focus is on coatings, visors and helmets. By "working across canon cores", they mean on Mjolnir suits, not fracture ones. The reason is that coatings and visors should really require very little work to function cross-core (at least on the art side) and helmets only minor, if any adjustments. Everything else is really opening up a can of worms, because by breaking the armour up into cores using different undersuits the amount of work involved to test/refit each armour piece to each undersuit would get bigger and bigger as the game expanded.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Keeping the fractures cores separate is probably a mix of art/consistency reasons: as the number of fractures increases there may be designs that vary substantially enough that even refitting just the helmets for multiple cores could take more work, and being selective will lead to the same complaints as now. Easier to have a clear demarcation between Mjolnir and fracture suits.

Reread, the initial focus is on coatings, visors and helmets. By "working across canon cores", they mean on Mjolnir suits, not fracture ones. The reason is that coatings and visors should really require very little work to function cross-core (at least on the art side) and helmets only minor, if any adjustments. Everything else is really opening up a can of worms, because by breaking the armour up into cores using different undersuits the amount of work involved to test/refit each armour piece to each undersuit would get bigger and bigger as the game expanded.
Yeah I think leaving fracture armor and its unique attachments only to that is fair. Stuff like the samurai belt may look really bad on other cores/body types and it's simply too much effort to make it fit with everything. But with the various mjolnir mark x and whatnot being cross-core is what most people want anyway. That also allows for store purchases to feel like better investments.

Defect

Oct 25, 2017
I figured out a "trick" to get quick games with friends now. Not sure if it'll always work and the quality of matches is even worse now but I'll fucking take near instant matches over timing out searching forever.

Fix yo matchmaking 343

BradC00

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah me too :( i think there's just fewer than 8 people ever playing in the EU anymore. its either that or match ups against the same 4 players over and over again

Game is struggling outside of NA east coast. Im getting a lot of 100 ping games compared to what i was even just a month ago. I live near the west coast.

Deleted member 93062

Account closed at user request
Banned
Mar 4, 2021
Did all the casuals leave the game? I'm replaying the game after not playing for a few months and it seems like everyone is pretty sweaty.

Teamocil

Oct 25, 2017
First time playing in weeks and wow 343 hasn't patched a damn thing. Still crazy amounts of issues with melees, shot registration, and MMR. C'mon, what are they even doing

Hoggle

Mar 25, 2021
First time playing in weeks and wow 343 hasn't patched a damn thing. Still crazy amounts of issues with melees, shot registration, and MMR. C'mon, what are they even doing

They've released only a couple of latches since launch. You should try being a fan of the campaign waiting for them to latch the cutscenes.

btags

Oct 26, 2017
Gaithersburg MD
They've released only a couple of latches since launch. You should try being a fan of the campaign waiting for them to latch the cutscenes.
I have been waiting since launch to start my playthrough because I am not playing with the horrible performance/animation issues that currently exist in the cutscenes. I played through the tutorial and seeing how the cinematic performed literally hurt my eyes.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
Stoked we're getting an Sidewinder/Avalanche successor I have been vocal about wanting it.
FPzFtQ3VcAIaYZc

A frigate breaking up the middle of the map is neat although I did like the addition of the glacier cave in Avalanche. Some Sidewinder like hallways in the frigate could work.

Teamocil

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I played through the campaign at launch and the framerate on those cutscenes was so weird. Was super apparent on my OLED which doesn't handle 30fps well

RoninChaos

Oct 26, 2017
Yo, I know you jam on X to back out of a game type you don't want in match making. Does anybody know what the button is for PC to do the same thing?

Teamocil

Oct 25, 2017
Man, this game is not fun to grind challenges in. Just had to get ONE kill with a fusion coil and despite throwing it at someone point blank three times, the game refused to give me the kill. Honestly think it does it to keep you playing, it sucks.

RF Switch

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
i am ready to let Halo back in my life. I think the content for season 2 will be just enough until we get forge. If they can show us a future for Halo during the rumored June showcase the game will be back on track for me

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
I'm very excited about the prospect of getting a Sidewinder successor but I'm not a big fan of wreckage maps.

Also do I see the H3 Avalanche man cannon assets in the back?
They're to the left too, can also see the bridge that's usually to the right at one of the teleporters

Arn

Prophet of Truth
Oct 28, 2017
I just cannot stress how unfair and unrewarding the ranking system is for players who aren't in groups and are at the mercy of bad, random matchmaking or players who quit.

There's absolutely no nuance whatsoever in how it judges performance other than K/D ratio, which is even more baffling when you consider than on average only half or less games are won by slaying.

It's like pulling teeth and is absolutely killing any enjoyment I have with the game. Most of my friends stopped playing because of it. Their explanation in that blog post has only made it worse, it needed a complete redesign.

As it stands now I can literally win three, lose three and end up far worse than when I started, and in the games that I lost I have missing players, awful teammates or am literally against teams one whole division higher (like 5-6 ranks higher). It's insane. However they try and spin that it is bullshit and atrocious design.

Defect

Oct 25, 2017
I just cannot stress how unfair and unrewarding the ranking system is for players who aren't in groups and are at the mercy of bad, random matchmaking or players who quit.

There's absolutely no nuance whatsoever in how it judges performance other than K/D ratio, which is even more baffling when you consider than on average only half or less games are won by slaying.

It's like pulling teeth and is absolutely killing any enjoyment I have with the game. Most of my friends stopped playing because of it. Their explanation in that blog post has only made it worse, it needed a complete redesign.

As it stands now I can literally win three, lose three and end up far worse than when I started, and in the games that I lost I have missing players, awful teammates or am literally against teams one whole division higher (like 5-6 ranks higher). It's insane. However they try and spin that it is bullshit and atrocious design.
Both the actual matchmaking and ranking system need a complete rework.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017

The emphasis on K/D is even more annoying when the meta is so dependent on team shot. Like, you have to carry hard improve your MMR, but the need for teammates that deal adequate damage is insurmountable.

Arn

Prophet of Truth
Oct 28, 2017
Both the actual matchmaking and ranking system need a complete rework.
Agreed. I'm playing matches to get Diamond 1 and I'm matching Silver teammates and Onyx opponents. I really worry for the size of the player base, this just should not be happening.
The emphasis on K/D is even more annoying when the meta is so dependent on team shot. Like, you have to carry hard improve your MMR, but the need for teammates that deal adequate damage is insurmountable.
One hundred percent. Halo is a team game, damage is way more valuable to a teams success than who finishes an opponent off or even registers an assist. Then factor in the importance of playing the objective, including things like playing ball and effective flag pulling and the system just does not have the remotest idea how to measure performance. It's wildly inadequate.

As it stands it's just not an effective ranked experience and needs a complete rewrite. I could rewrite the core principles tomorrow and design a better experience, and I say that with a completely straight face.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
You know the ranking system is meaningless when I have been teetering between onyx and diamond 6 for the last 2 weeks while consistently being placed in high 1700-1800 lobbies, which is where I was at last season. Win 3 games go up 7 points but lose one with a bad team mate or quitter and I'm down 12–15 points. It's at the point where I don't even care anymore.

Oct 25, 2017
Is everyone just discussing multiplayer in this thread? Wanted to know if they have mentioned when or if those damn cutscene stutters are ever going to be fixed

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Wish they would bring back multiplayer lobbys (even if voice was disabled). Would be cool to see everyones spartans in the background even randos

modernist

Jan 13, 2018
im still commonly playing against the same familiar names/small pool of players every night this week whenever i luck out with a <40ms ping match, on the one hand i'm quite enjoying the sense of rivalry but uh, yeah, welp

Status
Not open for further replies.