• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Defect

Oct 25, 2017
I guess I have to wait for Season 3 for a potential bloom removal?

Gotta throw out all of your learnings with each game I guess.

Sec0nd

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
What a weird way to structure patch notes. I guess they do it this way to show they are listening to every complaint and address everything. But when a whole bunch of them are 'You don't like this, but let us tell you why it's working as intended/this is why you should actually like it' it really doesn't help anything, lol.

Oct 26, 2017
I expected nothing and I'm still disappointed by their roadmap / epitaph... call it whatever you want.

Anyway, has there been any talk about adding more equipment? Is it something they've done in previous entries? I was thinking about the damage amplifier in Unreal, and I was wondering if they could add something that, for a set amount of time, automatically upgrades any weapon you take into the yellow buffed up variants found in the campaign.

RoninChaos

Oct 26, 2017
I think having so many job listings open is a big part of it, for sure.

They need people, and not just people who help for a year and bounce. They need to form a solid team that will work on Infinite for years to come. Until then the content won't be there, or at least as we're seeing now it's all going to just take forever to come out.
The fact that season 2 is about to hit and they're still planning is the biggest red flag ever. This is what happens when you hire contractors and then let them go. You can't write down experience and then have the next new hire pick it up.

When will these people learn? And to be clear, this isn't just a 343 problem, this is a problem with most companies but it's a staggeringly bad problem for 343 right now.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
I expected nothing and I'm still disappointed by their roadmap / epitaph... call it whatever you want.

Anyway, has there been any talk about adding more equipment? Is it something they've done in previous entries? I was thinking about the damage amplifier in Unreal, and I was wondering if they could add something that, for a set amount of time, automatically upgrades any weapon you take into the yellow buffed up variants found in the campaign.

They haven't mentioned anything specific, but long ago suggested it was a possibility.

There have been other power ups in Halo history, like damage boost, that would make sense as equipment. I'm hoping Forge allows use to do some things like you suggested

LaneDS

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if I'm allowed to post this in here, but I played Halo for the first time since Elden Ring came out and I had a good time.

Jan 6, 2022
Yes, I believe Tenrai is the last event of the season. April is all about Season 2 marketing.

I thought the Season 1 outcomes blog had some good things in there. If the melee fix works as intended, 90% of my in-game frustration will be gone. The warthog tune was unexpected and should help BTB to feel a bit more fun. Do we know if/when their Territories/Land Grab mode hits BTB?

Also was happy to hear that the new BTB has a giant laser in the middle of it, should lead to some nutty clips.

I think them acknowledging the CGB this early is a good sign. It would've been insane to launch Forge without one, but this is 343 after all. Can't be too careful.

I'm excited to see Attrition come back, I liked that mode. KOTH sounds updated, and if it is a round-based update like Oddball, that would be very nice. Combine those two modes with a confirmation of elimination and some leaked event playlists like snotty-snipers and extraction, there should be a nice playlist rotation.

Main downsides - 1 new map for Arena and BTB is disappointing. I get, they avoid remakes, but just port a few of those in please.
No mention of more permanent playlists - I'm begging for a social BR playlist, would double my playtime.
No confirmed Commando buff - would love slightly more damage per bullet on that gun

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
Does Bazaar ever have a BR weapon locker? I swear that map has been 100% Commandos whenever it comes up and I don't even bother with those anymore. I get way more mileage out of the Sidekick.

DemonCarnotaur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
NYC

8t0un1gz1uq81.png

I feel for them, but this also highlights that the game was absolutely not ready to be released and MS should be throwing them as many resources & outside help as possible to make it better on 343 and the community.

Defect

Oct 25, 2017
You know I really wish more people gave a shit about how bad this MMR matchmaking is.

I waited 9 minutes to find a match only for it to give me a teammate with 6 matches played who went 3/16

Defect

Oct 25, 2017
Oh my fucking god the next match was found after a minute and the same cheater I matched a few days ago was on the enemy team. Lmao

Zeouter

Oct 27, 2017
Ireland
You know I really wish more people gave a shit about how bad this MMR matchmaking is.

I waited 9 minutes to find a match only for it to give me a teammate with 6 matches played who went 3/16
I know this is insulting and useless feedback, but I have put the game down for now. I'll come back wheb Season 2 launches and see how I feel about it.

Defect

Oct 25, 2017
I know this is insulting and useless feedback, but I have put the game down for now. I'll come back wheb Season 2 launches and see how I feel about it.
I just need them to acknowledge that their current SBMM is giving us extremely long search times in social. Then the team balancing is so awful I don't even know why I should be waiting in the first place.

They can make all of the content that they want for Season 2 and beyond but what's the point if I'm going to be playing "Halo Infinite Search Times"

Juan

Oct 28, 2017
Then the team balancing is so awful I don't even know why I should be waiting in the first place.

Their whole idea of what is balanced team is actually so awful (aka having one player carrying a team against somehow good opponents), even if the game was good this would ruin it for me.

modernist

Jan 13, 2018
first game of ranked, how about a match against 2 gold players?

oh these poor people don't deserve this

okay, how about a stacked group with two very high rank onyx players?

please… no..

Biosnake

Oct 25, 2017
JK this game sucks I got killed behind a wall 90 times and the aiming feels like i'm drunk.

edit: how is this game still this bad online? how?

Last edited:

Defect

Oct 25, 2017
Hop on Infinite > Waste 10 whole minutes searching in swat and mm times out > switch to Team Slayer and waste another 10 minutes only to time out.

What the absolute fuck

Edit: Switch to fiesta and wait 4 minutes only to get 4 enemies of our skill level while we get two clueless teammates as usual.

Last edited:

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't finish the Tenrai pass because I hate fiesta. Why couldn't they do something unique for events like unlimited grapple slayer or something?

Garrison

Oct 27, 2017
Love this game and I play it in spurts when I want to play something else other than whatever main game I'm completing at the moment. I think I'm at a point when I need to join up with other others who play because I've gotten better and the matchmaking system seems to pair me up with horrible players after I have great games idk.
But the reason I always join casual games is because of how little I play and I honestly don't want to get game invitations for Halo while I'm playing Skyrim. Maybe someone else has found a good compromise for something like this but I haven't.

Coolluck

Oct 27, 2017
Didn't finish the Tenrai pass because I hate fiesta. Why couldn't they do something unique for events like unlimited grapple slayer or something?

I just got the helmet because then they decided to give me exclusively non-event challenges with one of those being ranked which is not what I'm about. Unlimited grapple would be fun to mess with.

BradC00

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Update is live:

The following changes were made in the April 5, 2022 patch.

• In Stockpile matches, Power Seeds will no longer spawn in unreachable areas of the map.
  • After completing a multiplayer match via Local Area Network (LAN), the Post-Game Carnage Report (PGCR) now shows match statistics for players. Match stats may not appear for Observers in a LAN match.
  • Sudden Death rules for Capture the Flag (CTF) have been updated:
    • Sudden Death will start when the round timer expires and an outcome-affecting flag is away from its base. For example:
      • If Cobra team is winning 1-0 and only Eagle team's flag is Away, it will not trigger Sudden Death.
      • If Cobra team is winning 1-0 and Cobra team's flag is Away, it will trigger Sudden Death.
      • If Cobra and Eagle teams are tied, either team's flag being Away will trigger Sudden Death.
    • The Sudden Death timer will pause if any outcome-affecting flag is Contested and will reset if the flag is picked up.
    • If all outcome-affecting flags are returned (i.e. no flags are away from their base), then Sudden Death will terminate and the round will end.
    • This rule change applies to both normal rounds and Overtime rounds in the Arena and Ranked variants of CTF in multiplayer matchmaking and Custom Games.
  • Improvements to joining Fireteams and accepting invites from a suspended state on Xbox consoles.

Download size

• Update only (all platforms): approximately 1.3 GB or less.

A nothing burger.

Nollemaster

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah the Zvezda armor looks really nice but I just can't justify 1500 credits when my main armor kit is the Mark V anyway.

Last edited:

Buttonbasher

Dec 4, 2017
No one in the history of the game has ever got a kill with a Pulse Carbine. I've got the challenge to get 3 kills with it, and I'm giving it my best shot rather than using a swap, and it's just an absolutely useless weapon.

Filipus

Prophet of Regret
Avenger
Dec 7, 2017
No one in the history of the game has ever got a kill with a Pulse Carbine. I've got the challenge to get 3 kills with it, and I'm giving it my best shot rather than using a swap, and it's just an absolutely useless weapon.

But somehow the bots do it. I don't get it either, there's like some secret knowledge there that is missing 99% of the population.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017

I get kills with it every time I pick one up.

Only fire when the reticle is red. If the target is moving, this requires aiming off-target, in the direction of their movement. Doesn't work if the player is close enough to effectively strafe dodge.

Last edited:

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
Is there a way to carry more ammo in the campaign? My shotgun has negative ammo.

edit: also, is there any graphical option you guys recommend to be set on high? That either doesn't cost much performance or is worth it? Right now I have everything on low but Effect Quality, which I think makes the game much more visually appealing. With all that I have a 50~60fps on the open world.

Last edited:

Buttonbasher

Dec 4, 2017
I've been stat tracking how many matches it takes me to unlock the weekly reward, and this week was breezy and nice.

Two weeks ago took an absurd 82 matches (41 Arena 41 BTB)
Last week was 41 Arena
This week was 28 Arena

Had a good time and am glad that the reward isn't just another near invisible emblem.

Knuckles charm? What's the capstone challenge.
Probably skipping this week too.
It's just Win one Slayer game. I got it through Team Slayer, but I think it should also count for FFA or Tactical, or any other the others. Massive relief after a few weeks of harder ones.

Defect

Oct 25, 2017
So because the game refuses to give me matches when I search with ONE friend, I'm trying to play solo.

I get quick matches but the teammates are more clueless than usual so I just can't win. Great system 343, I wish you continued success!

Nollemaster

Oct 27, 2017

It's really good in really (really) specific situations. Treat it as a midrange weapon and try to not spam the trigger as that will decrease the projectile tracking ability.

thankyoumerzbow

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2020
i just had an oddball match, we won the first round and by the start of the second the whole enemy team quitted but it gave us a tie.

Coolluck

Oct 27, 2017
Xbox's faulty Energy Saver mode meant that even though I had an urge to play some Halo after Fortnite last night, I didn't because their paltry update required a gig. After grinding for Tenrai, it's probably best to give it a break until my friend wants to play it. Every story I see on the game makes me want to jump in for a few rounds, though.

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Week 3 of having a "Get a Guardian Angel" Medal as a Weekly...can confirm it is still picky as hell.

Juan

Oct 28, 2017
Very first time I go against a cheater on Halo Infinite, on Ranked. Message the player about it, and they weren't even trying to hide it and fully admitted they were cheating, waiting for the next CoD cheating tool to be available haha.

At least, I appreciated the honesty to admit it so quickly:

1649278661-image-2022-04-06-225740.jpg

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
Imagine spending all your free time cheating in games.

Like, the dude is cheating in Infinite while waiting for COD cheats to update?

What an absolute loser.

Status
Not open for further replies.