• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Señor Sepia

Aug 2, 2020
What
Fiesta could be more fun if they varied the rules a little more. I think it would be fun if everybody spawned with the same random weapon and that random spawn weapon changed every couple minutes. It could make it chaotic and random without having the frustration of starting with shitty weapons against somebody with a sword and rockets
I do like this idea, it would be fun to have everyone spawning with the disruptor and thruster or stuff like that.

Red

Oct 26, 2017
Fiesta could be more fun if they varied the rules a little more. I think it would be fun if everybody spawned with the same random weapon and that random spawn weapon changed every couple minutes. It could make it chaotic and random without having the frustration of starting with shitty weapons against somebody with a sword and rockets
I think the fun comes from the mismatches, but I think a gametype like you're describing would be perfectly fine as well.

Heynongman!

Oct 25, 2017
I've thought about this for a while. I think my fixes would be to maybe rank weapons into usefulness tiers and prevent two weapons of the lowest tier from being your start just to make the game more fun. For instance - you should never spawn with two of any of these weapons: plasma pistol, plasma carbine, disruptor, ravager. I am probably forgetting one more, but the amount of times I spawn with two completely useless and unfun weapons is a bummer. On the other end, you probably shouldn't spawn with rockets and cindershot because that combo is also annoying to play with. So like having some kind of utility ranking in the spawning would help imo.

I would probably also tweak weapon on the ground despawn rates to prevent possible gaming of the system I've seen where players just amass piles of weapons in choke points and then cherry pick swords, snipers, and grappleshots out of them to get their entire team equipped with them. That kind of stuff I feel goes against the spirit of fiesta imo.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I'm starting to think that social playlists don't use SBMM but rather Battle Pass matchmaking. Wasn't until I hit 100 a few weeks ago that I started seeing flaming helmets and shoulder pads in every single match.

Heynongman!

Oct 25, 2017
I'm starting to think that social playlists don't use SBMM but rather Battle Pass matchmaking. Wasn't until I hit 100 a few weeks ago that I started seeing flaming helmets and shoulder pads in every single match.
I had this thought the other day - I've seen tons of people with the kill effects now that I've gotten them unlocked. Barely ever saw it before. Could just be that everyone is progressing around the same pace

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
Nah, have seen plenty of them at around level 35. More time passes, more people will simply have the high end cosmetics.

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
10 bucks for the one effect and some emblems. Wow that is crazy. At least put the gun effect in there as well, then the price might be ok.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany

I'm done with the pass and I have grey colored people with the 1 emblem who play like they're walking trees in literally every single round I play, that's not it.

But then, SBMM also never makes sense cause I have these people in ranked and social while I'm the best of the team in like 95% of all my matches. 🤷‍♂️

Dervius

Oct 28, 2017
UK

I can't remember which game it was, but I've definitely seen some dev commentary about how they sometimes deliberately place players with lower Battlepass ranks with those who are heavily equipped, or have lots of store items.

It creates that covetousness and encourages people to pursue the BP or purchase from the store

I wonder if they do something similar in I finite, I imagine it's the same reason bots often wear future store items and such

Ramirez

Oct 26, 2017
It's so unfortunate how this is the case. Saw it coming once they announced ranked settings, I knew I wasn't gonna be fully happy anywhere.

Ranked has better settings, but BR starts.
Quickplay has the Sidekick, which I enjoy using, but it has radar and the AR. I'd like ranked more with a Sidekick secondary, but that won't happen.

Even if we got matchmaking toggles, radar won't be one of the options, so I'm forever stuck in this void until I'm lucky and they release a Magnum with Magnum starts as a gametype.

QP should rotate ranked gametypes imo. The TS playlist should include no radar gametypes as well.

The sidekick is one of the worst weapons ever in Halo, tbh. Spammy, random bullshit. I got crossmapped on Recharge yesterday by spam while trying to use a Commando, they really feel like they're from two different games.

Fiesta needs the campaign variants and objective, slayer only is boring.

Demon_Ice

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 18, 2021
Okay so I checked Windows 10 XBox live gaming networking settings and my NAT type is Moderate. At first, it couldn't even detect it, but then I did Win10's auto self-diagnostic fix and it refreshed and was able to detect Moderate NAT.

Does anybody ITT have their NAT type set to "Open" and still experience major server desync? Or could this be a potential bandaid fix?

I'm on AT&T Fiber so I'll probably just have to call them and ask how to get my NAT type to Open but it may be worth a shot.

For reference I almost never get a server with less than 35 ms ping.

Edit: You can check your XBL NAT on Win 10 PC by going Windows menu > Settings > Gaming > Xbox Networking

Oct 27, 2017
Okay so I checked Windows 10 XBox live gaming networking settings and my NAT type is Moderate. At first, it couldn't even detect it, but then I did Win10's auto self-diagnostic fix and it refreshed and was able to detect Moderate NAT.

Does anybody ITT have their NAT type set to "Open" and still experience major server desync? Or could this be a potential bandaid fix?

I'm on AT&T Fiber so I'll probably just have to call them and ask how to get my NAT type to Open but it may be worth a shot.

For reference I almost never get a server with less than 35 ms ping.

Edit: You can check your XBL NAT on Win 10 PC by going Windows menu > Settings > Gaming > Xbox Networking
I run a single line modem directly to my console with IPv6 and no router. Can't get any more open than that and I still get regular desync. Getting your NAT open will help with widening the player base you get matched to, though.

Kibbles

Oct 25, 2017
"Complete Big Team Battle matches" .... they have to be fucking joking with these challenges when the mode literally does not work for weeks. Jfc

Señor Sepia

Aug 2, 2020
What
Your hammer goes faster than mine...
Hammer is straight up random at times. I mean, look at this, look at how i kill the last dude in this clip:

Somewhere in the code of the game, there is a line that says "if you melee someone that is doing the hammer attack and they are looking at you during the animation, you are going to die instantly no matter what" and i have tested this in private matches with friends. Is 100% true.

theDidact

Oct 25, 2017
Onyx in both solo/duo m/kb and open crossplay. Finally got over the mm bullcrap xP.

Last edited:

Heynongman!

Oct 25, 2017
Hammer is straight up random at times. I mean, look at this, look at how i kill the last dude in this clip:

Somewhere in the code of the game, there is a line that says "if you melee someone that is doing the hammer attack and they are looking at you during the animation, you are going to die instantly no matter what" and i have tested this in private matches with friends. Is 100% true.

It almost looks like the bottom part of the handle smacks that person at the end. What a weird thing

Xwing

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
Saw someone in Strongholds with Ironman color, using the new $20 effect, using the $20 mister Chief AI, and also the $20 Samurai bundle.

giphy.gif

105-Shake

Aug 13, 2020

wtf at that last kill lol

I love using the hammer in Fiesta, and it's very finicky at times.

I've used the energy sword against an enemy before an enemy's hammer attack animation and I've gotten killed multiple times.

Milk

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The sakura petal effects in the trailers were the coolest part of Tenrai and of course they're not even in the pass and are store exclusive lmfao awesome

Oct 27, 2017

I got nothin'. Lol. I replayed the end over and over and I still don't see how they just exploded. I was thinking maybe a sticky on their back and you happened to do the last .0000000001 damage somehow but I don't think it's that either.

Señor Sepia

Aug 2, 2020
What
I got nothin'. Lol. I replayed the end over and over and I still don't see how they just exploded. I was thinking maybe a sticky on their back and you happened to do the last .0000000001 damage somehow but I don't think it's that either.
The game works that way: if you press RT with the hammer and someone melees you, he is going to die even if the hammer attack is not completed, even 1 frame is enough for the game to create this weird effect. I have tested it, sometimes it does not work but most of the times the result is the one i described, that is why i never melee hammer users, i prefer shooting at them always.

jem

Oct 25, 2017
The sidekick is one of the worst weapons ever in Halo, tbh. Spammy, random bullshit. I got crossmapped on Recharge yesterday by spam while trying to use a Commando, they really feel like they're from two different games.

Fiesta needs the campaign variants and objective, slayer only is boring.
Got to agree with Ram here FUNKNOWN iXi.

Whilst I don't love the BR the Sidekick is a spammy, bloom filled mess of a weapon.

Just give me my H5 magnum back. Damn.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
The monetization sucks. Waaaay overpriced. Period. I'd have impulse grabbed several things at $5.

whenever I look at the store items and feel this way, I'm reminded that enough people buying EVERYTHING at $20 to offset people like me , who would splurge at $5-10.

so i'll just play with my budget Spartan until eternity and save my money.

Status
Not open for further replies.