• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BobLoblaw

This Guy Helps
Oct 27, 2017
Hmm feel like non-headshot damage should just be disabled. Feel like I've killed like 20 people with fusion cores in SWAT lol. Also a sidekick secondary would be swell.
Maybe it's just me then, but SWAT is basically spray and pray mode. First one with a shot usually ends it. I've never been close enough to even attempt a melee attack.

Oct 27, 2017
Never played Halo outside of at a friend's house for a match or two years ago...

Does this game have everyone on the same footing or are their loadouts and perks and shit?

Oct 27, 2017
Same footing. Normal Quickplay starts are the AR and Side Pistol, and Ranked starts is just the Battle Rifle.
Thanks. I keep thinking about getting into a shooter but I despise everything about the most popular games out there. I'm more of a Warhawk, Resistance (1) and Uncharted 2 fan. Tried playing UC4 online again and was just reminded of how much I hate loadouts.

killerrin

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Finally beat the campaign in Heroic, man do I suck bad from my Halo 3 days. This campaign so was soo good. Love the Weapon and the Pilot so much.

Really hope 343i makes good on their statements of the campaign getting new stories and features as time goes on.

Last edited:

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
From 'quake area to big OH.
Also just finished the campaign on heroic. Was a bit annoying having "saving progress" all over the final cut scene.

Overall pretty good. Wish the missions had more open areas? The open world was fantastic, but I felt most of the story missions got confined.

Interested in what the legendary ending teases. And speaking of teases, the ending is a bit fluffy. Wonder when the title gets an expansion.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
The BTB Bananza thing at the HCS was extremely stupid, but it was extremely my thing. Seeing Ogre2 come out and then switch sides and saying they're getting Final Boss back together was just amazing and dumb.

SeanM

Oct 26, 2017
USA
Hmm, I have all the armor lockers and stuff and I just noticed there's two stances that are still locked for me and say "available in campaign" ... Anyone earn these yet? Is it a reward for beating it on legendary or something?

HungryYellow

Alt account
Banned
Nov 11, 2021
Why aren't any of my banished logs beeping or glowing...? Okay cool kinetic ammo caches also have no icon. Game is broken and hard reset hasn't fixed it.

Edit: this game needed another year, it's so fucking annoying that my wife's playthrough has to be hampered because this is the buggiest Halo ever released. Pathetic.

Last edited:

Buttonbasher

Dec 4, 2017
Really feels like they're signaling this is something they're doing, right? At least, I certainly hope so.
The official website has always listed "Campaigns" plural rather than "Campaign", and every time someone asks about the live-service nature of the story side (rather than just the multiplayer), they say there's 'definitely more to talk about, after launch'.

It's why it's always struck me as a bit strange when people talk about DLC as something that would be small, and 'maybe a few missions here and there'.

I think you'll get new and dedicated landmasses and full length stories within Infinite, that will feel like full narrative sequels, rather than just what people typically associate with 'Expansions', or 'Story Add-ons'. I figure by the end, it will somewhat resemble MCC with options to choose which campaigns are installed at any given time.

Last edited:

Belfast

Oct 28, 2017
I'm really ready for 343 to not force me to play ranked. What bugs me is how so few challenges this week were even compatible with BTB.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sure there's a bug with audio logs. I'm stuck at 99% with all valor but I'm missing one spartan log even though I've rechecked every spot on the interactive map twice.

Defect

Oct 25, 2017
Waiting 10 minutes to find a social match with friends is good actually. I spend more time in the lobby than in the match.

Green

Oct 27, 2017
The official website has always listed "Campaigns" plural rather than "Campaign", and every time someone asks about the live-service nature of the story side (rather than just the multiplayer), they say there's 'definitely more to talk about, after launch'.

It's why it's always struck me as a bit strange when people talk about DLC as something that would be small, and 'maybe a few missions here and there'. I think you'll get new and dedicated landmasses and full length stories within Infinite. I figure by the end, it will somewhat resemble MCC with options to choose which campaigns are installed at any given time.

Spoiler (sorry)
In that case, how would people feel about playing other characters ala ODST? Feel like there's a lot of potential there and weren't there whispers of something like that a few years ago?

Continuing Chief's mainline Halo story is one thing. Filling out the existing story with other characters (at the very least we wonder what Locke and Lasky are up to, right?) is another. The latter I find likely, but the main stuff introed in the ending + Legendary tease in DLC? Hope to be proven wrong, but hard to see how they'd continue that.

That said, clearly they've already got at least some portion of that gameplay down what with the Harbinger fight near the end? I dunno. This is a new concept for Halo lol. Even Halo 3 Recon seemed odd a the time and we ended up getting a new game ODST altogether! DLC for Halo story? Wat

Last edited:

Fantastical

Oct 27, 2017
The ranking system is bad. Been playing with a friend who is also Diamond and we will lose 10 straight matches and my rank will go down a lot.

I'm playing with gold, bronze, and unranked and the level of competition is stark. It's so much easier. Winning 6 straight matches and my rank has gone up 2 in diamond…

Buttonbasher

Dec 4, 2017
In that case, how would people feel about playing other characters ala ODST? Feel like there's a lot of potential there and weren't there whispers of something like that a few years ago?

Continuing Chief's mainline Halo story is one thing. Filling out the existing story with other characters (at the very least we wonder what Locke and Lasky are up to, right?) is another. The latter I find likely, but the main stuff introed in the ending + Legendary tease in DLC? Hope to be proven wrong, but hard to see how they'd continue that.

That said, clearly they've already got at least some portion of that gameplay down what with the Harbinger fight near the end? I dunno. This is a new concept for Halo lol. Even Halo 3 Recon seemed odd a the time and we ended up getting a new game ODST altogether! DLC for Halo story? Wat
I think all of those are possible within the framework. I just think what people would expect to be the 'sequel' to this game will arrive in the form of a new full campaign within this game.

I don't think that limits anything really, and I think you could do cool things like alternate smaller stories (like an ODST, or an Arbiter campaign), and bigger continuations of Chief's story every other year or something.

I just think folks are dreaming a bit small thinking of these things as little DLC add-ons, versus what they might consider full length sequel stories.

I'd also imagine that the extra year of development gave at least a segment of the team a jump start to get started on the next campaign, which may be why the Halo: The Endless trademark stuff dropped the day before the release of this.

Last edited:

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
Is there a way MM can actually determine if a player plays objectives? It just feels weird when I get into matches where my entire team doesn't play the objective. It's never really a mixture of players being incompetent, it's always one team that's not really playing/poor synergy while the other is at least average at doing it. They don't even have to be very good players (not fully understanding maps, not amazing in shoot outs) as long as they play the objective they'll have a better chance at winning.

I was in an oddball match where I tired my damn hardest with 29 kills and it wasn't enough, between my team occasionally picking up the ball, being spawned on the other side of the map, and being too spread out to defend me when I had it was pretty much for nothing.

I actually was not really upset since I still had fun racking up so many kills, but I am more curious now that I think about why this happens so often.

Oct 25, 2017
Ah thank god. LASO finally done. I was worried, because the percentage didn't change after the 2nd to last level, but it still popped at the end.

Green

Oct 27, 2017
Ah thank god. LASO finally done. I was worried, because the percentage didn't change after the 2nd to last level, but it still popped at the end.

Beast mode. Congrats. How would you rank that in difficulty? I want the cheevo, but damn, I've never gotten past the first encounters LASO in previous Halo's, but have done em all Legendary plenty.

Oct 25, 2017
Beast mode. Congrats. How would you rank that in difficulty? I want the cheevo, but damn, I've never gotten past the first encounters LASO in previous Halo's, but have done em all Legendary plenty.
I cheesed it with the scorpion gun, so it was mostly a matter of leaving a jackal alive to the end to get a checkpoint. And it still took me two days.

I honestly have no idea how people do it for real. I can sort of imagine once you've gotten the Arcane Sentinel Gun, cause that shreds, but the headache it would take to get that far without it gives me the shivers.

ghostemoji

Oct 27, 2017
Wrapped the campaign, and I think I'm done with this one. As I've stated earlier in the thread, I really enjoy the Halo formula with the open world, but anytime you're placed back in the traditional Halo setting (i.e. inside the ring) it just started to drag for me. This made the back third of the game a real chore for me.

Multiplayer was really fun for a couple of weeks, but it's just not anything I think I can stick with for any length of time.

I think I'd come back for a co-op mode that has you rushing targets/objectives in the open world. A large scale horde mode or something. There's a lot of things you could do with something like that I think.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019

Oh. Wow....

Spoiler (sorry)

I think this would be such a great idea. Especially if this allowed them to sort of split the team, kinda like how Sea of Thieves did it in their first year and change. Multiple teams working on different projects - some much smaller and delivered more quickly, and some that changed a lot of the world fundamentally. I could see a story that follows one of the Spartans in the logs perhaps, and plays through a lot of the same landmass and even landmarks of the core campaign, but remixed slightly to represent an earlier world. And you could take on specific missions within these bases that are more objective focused. Maybe even introduce light stealth (though, that would be a ton of work, so probably not), rather than actually blowing up these facilities like Chief would end up doing later. Of course, I realize I'm pitching this like it's a smaller thing, but it's not dissimilar to the spirit of Spartan Ops. Not insignificant amount of work. Still.. if you let me play as my MP Spartan, and even include a few voice lines for every personal AI to say in battle and in key moments of the story... that could be amazing.

And then, at the same time, you could have a big chunk of the team working on expansions that take it to new places entirely (on the ring or elsewhere) to expand and explore the story further with Chief and the weapon and pilot and co.

Ideally, you'd have separate teams in 343 also working on completely separate spin off games.. I'm not sure if people are into those either haha. But I think there's so much cool stuff that could be explored in that universe.

Last edited:

Demon_Ice

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 18, 2021
Loooooooool I'm Onyx 1522 just matched against an Onyx 1800+

343i letting some crosseyed intern code their SBMM

V23

Oct 27, 2017
The amount of ranked objectives matches I've lost despite my team having a decisive advantage in kills is staggering. I know it's obviously not slayer, and I play the objective more than most, but something has got to give.

Milk

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The amount of you that haven't turned off HUD chromatic aberration is frightening. Do you like your killfeeds being blurry messes?!

Apr 30, 2019
I hope they just go back to releasing big, grandiose campaigns every 3 years like they used to while updating the multiplayer much more frequently.

Demon_Ice

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 18, 2021
Aaaaaaaaaand last game of the night puts us in a 3v4 so that's a sign to go to bed lol

So sad MS can't put out a polished Halo title even with all their resources, their dipshit studio managers are just gonna mismanage everything and then all the loudest feedback is about this stupid fucking progression cosmetics drama.

Good ol' 3v4 Industries huh

OmahaGTP

Dec 24, 2017
So. I've seen people mention using Waypoint to start their 2XP session mid-round to maximize time. I just tried that, the app showed it started, but when the round ended my game didn't show it active. Once I quit the game and restarted it showed me with ~45 min left and I lost 15 minutes into the ether. Is that not the norm?

Señor Sepia

Aug 2, 2020
What
The amount of you that haven't turned off HUD chromatic aberration is frightening. Do you like your killfeeds being blurry messes?!
The problem here is that the UI also has problems if you disable it. The Chromatic Aberration works as a kind of "outline" to the hud and increases legibility here and there.

I wish they gave us more UI customization options.

Status
Not open for further replies.