• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
This is interesting -- it seems a few of the MP maps have expanded routes ready to go, but currently locked off. I wonder what game modes will utilize them, or if they're gonna be Forge bonuses only.

i don't think cramped tunnel routes improve Bazaar, but they definitely need to open up behemoth and add more players

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Someone brought up a good point in the other thread. If they don't open up customization up between cores, it's just going to get weird as time goes on.

Since new BPs will obviously bring new cores and said new cores will mean new stores that focus on just those.

Seems like a self-inflicted wound when you have people needing to buy different battle passes for different Colors/Armor (even if they don't run out). Would be like only Season 1 characters of Fortnite being the only ones that can use certain pickaxes or capes.

Trup1aya

Oct 25, 2017
If you ask me, a good fix for Oddball would be to make each ball have a limited number of earnable points, as well as ball spawn locations that rotate sequentially. Each time the ball despawns or has been drained of all points, a fresh one spawns at the next spawn location. In pubs, both teams compete to 100 points, and each ball can give a team up to 50 points if they hold it the entire time. In ranked, both teams compete to 150 points, with each ball still giving up to 50 points.

This creates a need to maintain map control not only on the ball carrier, but also the next possible ball spawn. It forces the team that holds the ball to eventually ditch it to reacquire it elsewhere without ending the round.

Not a bad idea tbh. I think it could get a little weird if the ball is ever dropped when it has too few points left to be worthwhile for either team to fight for.

maybe the ball should just have a fixed time limit before it respawns

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
Hope we get news about a extended battlepass next year… Willing to pay like 5 bucks for like 50 extra levels if its improved and stuff.

jem

Oct 25, 2017
I've no idea how you came to that conclusion. Bazaar is one of the best maps in the game for CTF.
That's not exactly a high bar when the only map in the game which is good for CTF is Aquarius and the other competition is Behemoth.

The only aspect Bazaar has going for it with respect to CTF is the fact that it's symmetrical and is roughly the right size for an arena map. Otherwise it's really rubbish.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Few days ago, but still something to appreciate

jem

Oct 25, 2017
I find it intriguing how the reception to Infinite's bosses is mostly positive, meanwhile the Warden Eternal was absolutely slammed in 5. Warden was unique, an enemy of his own, meanwhile Infinite's bosses are mainly standard enemies with beefed up health. Doesn't that make Warden Eternal a factually better boss?

I know 'better' or 'more original' doesn't necessarily translate to 'more fun to fight'.

It makes me wonder if his reception would have been better if they simply gave him a visible health bar. I imagine the lack of clarity on how close you were to defeating him perhaps made people perceive him as spongier and more frustrating than he actually was.
I always thought that the main issue with the Warden was how it was presented rather than the gameplay (besides maybe the triple warden fight, that was a bit bullshit).

By presenting it as a big boss fight and then repeating it multiple times it kinda made it a bit frustrating and less satisfying. Had he been presented as more like a mini-boss along the lines of a pair of hunters but stronger I think it might have been received a bit better.

Anyways, he's certainly more interesting to fight than most of the bosses in Infinite.

Bulby

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Berlin
I always thought that the main issue with the Warden was how it was presented rather than the gameplay (besides maybe the triple warden fight, that was a bit bullshit).

By presenting it as a big boss fight and then repeating it multiple times it kinda made it a bit frustrating and less satisfying. Had he been presented as more like a mini-boss along the lines of a pair of hunters but stronger I think it might have been received a bit better.

Anyways, he's certainly more interesting to fight than most of the bosses in Infinite.

He was totally boring. He just mills about and you shoot him. Then they just add more of him. At least some (not all) of the bosses in Infinite push you to use the sand box in a more interesting way.

thenexus6

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Listening to the latest CAG cast, they mentioned how they were surprised this game didn't have the Shadow of War nemesis system. That would've been pretty cool actually.

Milk

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Listening to the latest CAG cast, they mentioned how they were surprised this game didn't have the Shadow of War nemesis system. That would've been pretty cool actually.
Someone here actually just recently told me that that system's patented which is why no other game has tried to use it.

Buttonbasher

Dec 4, 2017
Simply remove the "Leave Game" option. Make people hard quit the game and have to relaunch the whole game if they wanna bail on a match. I have zero sympathy for anyone quitting a match. Just play the video game, and stop causing other people to have a worse time just because you're picky.

Arn

Prophet of Truth
Oct 28, 2017
Simply remove the "Leave Game" option. Make people hard quit the game and have to relaunch the whole game if they wanna bail on a match. I have zero sympathy for anyone quitting a match. Just play the video game, and stop causing other people to have a worse time just because you're picky.
That's a good idea. Combine that with the inability to play another match until your old one is finished and a robust system to catch repeat reoffenders and there's a lot they can do with it.

Milk

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah let's not. Gears 2 did that and it's the most immature 'solution' ever to stop quitting. Mild quit bans ranging from 5-30 minutes are all you need.

Arn

Prophet of Truth
Oct 28, 2017
Oooh, I like that too.
Rainbow Six does it for Ranked matches and it's excellent. It's a fairly elegant system so if you're in the main menu you just have to wait out your timer until the previous match has finished. You can also re-join the game you left, so if it was connection related / an isolated issue you can rejoin the match and finish the fight.

I think it should be the standard for this sort of experience and I hope 343 implement it.

Karu

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Whenever I start the game there is a chance, my controls become totally floaty and don't consider (my still saved) settings. Only a restart of the game helps, suddenly my game controls as intended. Is there reason to report something like this, if yes, where would I?

Señor Sepia

Aug 2, 2020
What
What if quiters get a super high rank penalization while the rest of the team gets just a small one? or no penalization at all.

Im not that much into competitive gaming right now but id like this to be implemented lol. Maybe its a bit harsh?

What if the quiter gets the whole team's penalization while the people who kept playing go unpunished lol

Karu

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Whenever I start the game there is a chance, my controls become totally floaty and don't consider (my still saved) settings. Only a restart of the game helps, suddenly my game controls as intended. Is there reason to report something like this, if yes, where would I?
Restart didn't help this time. So frustrating. Since the settings are still as intended, I can't even change anything to fix it...

Señor Sepia

Aug 2, 2020
What
Restart didn't help this time. So frustrating. Since the settings are still as intended, I can't even change anything to fix it...
I guess you are playing on pc using a controller? i had this exact issue and never managed to fix it. I started playing on my Series S because of it but i read on twitter that you can prevent it from hapening if you press start on your controller instead of enter on the keyboard while you are in the main menu after launching it.

Trup1aya

Oct 25, 2017
The first thing that needs to happen is the elimination of gametype specific challenges. They are encouraging quitting, especially when people have active boosts. Only after that should the target the issue more directly.

after that they need to ban quitters from ranked. At the very least they need to be banned from matchmaking for however long that particular gametype lasts unless they rejoin the match.

which brings me to the other point, people that get disconnected need to be able to rejoin.

players who play through uneven ranked matches should not be penalized. Hell, they should be rewarded for sticking through it. They should also have the option to resign without penalty if a disconnected player doesn't return quickly.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
I've played a ton of BTB over the last few days. It's been fine for me. Sorry to anyone who's been struggling!

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017
What if quiters get a super high rank penalization while the rest of the team gets just a small one? or no penalization at all.

Im not that much into competitive gaming right now but id like this to be implemented lol. Maybe its a bit harsh?

What if the quiter gets the whole team's penalization while the people who kept playing go unpunished lol
At the very least, if you lose a 3v4, you shouldn't lose any rank.

Ideally, if you quit a 3v4, you shouldn't lose any rank.

azfaru

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
As someone who is new and all in on Halo MP after not even touching a Halo game since Halo CE, why does it feel like this is the one entry in the franchise that everyone seems to just unanimously agree is a right step and in a really good place (outside of mtx, and live service stumbles).

I don't think I've ever felt the previous games having this amount of hype and fans on the same page. Halo 4 & 5 felt relatively small and short lived. What's the big difference this time around?

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
As someone who is new and all in on Halo MP after not even touching a Halo game since Halo CE, why does it feel like this is the one entry in the franchise that everyone seems to just unanimously agree is a right step and in a really good place (outside of mtx, and live service stumbles).

I don't think I've ever felt the previous games having this amount of hype and fans on the same page. Halo 4 & 5 felt relatively small and short lived. What's the big difference this time around?
Trust and believe that everyone was on the same page when Halo 3 came out. But the thing about halo games after 3 is that they were more experimental. ODST and Reach were side stories one of whom was built on a new engine that felt very very different from 3 years of Halo 3 and some of the changes weren't ideal, like armor lock. 4 was 343's first forray into halo and although the campaign was sound their ideas to modernize halo were to essentially remove all of the haloisms and add in COD features like loadouts which essentially broke the game. 5 went back to giving everyone an even playing field but the campaign was made by the spartan ops team and thus had a co-op focus AND a convoluted story that required you to read outside material to fully understand. Infinite is the back to basics modernization that the series always needed. It feels like Halo 3 did. Fresh and modern, while retaining the same identity that is halo.

CollectedDust

Oct 27, 2017
Indiana
I hugged the left side the entire time and avoided just about everything. Can't really say if I was getting checkpoints or not though since it's all hidden, but I didn't die the whole way.

I originally tried the right side but was getting focused, there's a lot of cover if you hug the edge the other way.
Appreciate the reply. I was going right, so I'll try left next time :).

Trup1aya

Oct 25, 2017

Feels like the first attempt to modernize the style of Halo that propelled Halo to success in the first place. It feels like "use the benefit of hindsight to make a sequel to Halo 3" was a design goal.

Other recent iterations felt like the search for a brand new formula. Those risks didn't pay off for the entire fanbase. those games did attract audiences, but they were also off-putting to people who preferred the old style of play. They also didn't do a great job differentiating from the rest of the market to attract new fans.

It also doesn't hurt that this game is F2P and on PC and Xcloud. So lapsed Halo fans that have since moved on from Xbox consoles can still return to play Halo.

Last edited:

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017

Because, for the most part, the combat mechanics in Infinite feel really well thought out. And that is carrying the rest of the game for people, despite many having complaints about the MP progression, open world, story, netcode, map designs, etc.

Trup1aya

Oct 25, 2017
Call me crazy, but stockpile is starting to grow on me. My favorite thing to do is lockdown the enemy base to keep them from scoring.

Glass

Oct 26, 2017
Twitch Drops for HCS Viewing this weekend:

Oh snap they are going all out, people will definitely want to cop these.

Glad they have partnered streamers as well, I remember Summit streamed one H5 HCS tournament and he single handidly doubled the viewership, since then I've wanted HCS to do stuff like that, awesome to see it coming into fruition.

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Oh snap they are going all out, people will definitely want to cop these.

Glad they have partnered streamers as well, I remember Summit streamed one H5 HCS tournament and he single handidly doubled the viewership, since then I've wanted HCS to do stuff like that, awesome to see it coming into fruition.

My brother is jealous of my "Got Milk" Name Plate, so is for sure tuning in for these. I'd be jealous too as it's a nice Name Plate.

Ont

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
I find it intriguing how the reception to Infinite's bosses is mostly positive, meanwhile the Warden Eternal was absolutely slammed in 5. Warden was unique, an enemy of his own, meanwhile Infinite's bosses are mainly standard enemies with beefed up health. Doesn't that make Warden Eternal a factually better boss?

I know 'better' or 'more original' doesn't necessarily translate to 'more fun to fight'.

It makes me wonder if his reception would have been better if they simply gave him a visible health bar. I imagine the lack of clarity on how close you were to defeating him perhaps made people perceive him as spongier and more frustrating than he actually was.

I only completed Halo 5 earlier this year and my main issue with Halo 5 boss battles was that it felt like they were just copy-pasting the same boss across multiple boss fights. The health bar was not a factor, and I would have still disliked Halo 5 boss battles even with a visible health bar.

I have not finished Halo Infinite campaign yet but I can already say that the boss fights in Infinite are much better because the bosses are different characters with different fighting styles, and weapons.

oriic

Prophet of Truth - Press
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Hungary
Are the twitch drops enabled in the UK? I can't see it as a drops campaign on the twitch app.
"Available: Weekend of 12/17/21 through 12/19/21. Exact timing TBD."

We need to wait. "Got Milk" drops started at 12:00 P.M. PST. (21:00CEST)

edit:

There is one exception:

"HCS Launch Weapon Coating for BR75 Battle Rifle, MK50 Sidekick, and MA40 Assault Rifle
Available: Weekend of 12/17/21 through 12/19/21 starting 9 A.M. PST." (18:00CEST)

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Finished the campaign on Heroic last night. I pretty much adored every bit of it, other than the final ending fight. Just seemed a bit anticlimactic. The actual story bits at the end were terrific, though

Also, it's a damn shame that they didn't have some type of a
level/setpiece involving driving a Warthog across Zeta Halo as shit's blowing up and craziness is happening ala the end of Halo CE. The world is perfectly built for it and I'm frankly shocked they didn't have any story missions that directly involved driving/vehicles, outside of maybe The Road mission, but that's really not what I'm describing here either.

Still, a FANTASTIC campaign, and it's unquestionably my new favorite Halo single player experience.

9/10

SteveByDesign

Sep 11, 2019
I am done caring about challenges unless the weekly is a cosmetic I actually want.

Have played ranked matches that just don't count. It sucks.

Arn

Prophet of Truth
Oct 28, 2017
At the very least, if you lose a 3v4, you shouldn't lose any rank.

Ideally, if you quit a 3v4, you shouldn't lose any rank.
Agreed on both counts.

If you lose a team member that should invalidate any potential penalisation from either losing or deciding not to continue.

It would be a simple software-side check to determine that the other players don't know the quitter and so you couldn't game the system by having players bail out of losing matches.

Status
Not open for further replies.