• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lightus

Oct 25, 2017
I'm suddenly having an issue where the armor cores and mjolnir Amory stuff just aren't loading. I can see the icon on the map but the cases aren't there. I know it's not that I just can't find it because I've confirmed by watching videos of their locations. I restarted the game and one loaded correctly after but the rest still aren't there.

-Tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Oct 26, 2017
Has anyone gotten Dolby Vision to work on windows 11? I cant find anyone talking about getting it to work online.

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
Few thoughts after finishing:

Positives:
- Favourite Halo since Reach
- Halo finally met that open world guerilla fight that was promised in the first draft of the game (MacWorld Demo) before it became open/linear.
- Soundtrack is supurb. First time I've gotten chills from a Halo OST since 3.
- Gameplay loop is fun, grappling hook and other equiptment is all fun to use.
- Encounters are great, even the random ones out in the field.
- Boss encounters are mostly fun with some slight luck bullshit.
- Runs smooth as hell, looks great on my high end PC and XBox in HDR.
- Great micro-detail on the textures, love that the LOD on many objects is barely noticable
- Animation actually not being 10fps in the distance is great
- AI is pretty stellar for open world. I love that the enemies try to fit their roles, like sniper jackals seeking higher ground and enemies engaging at most distances

Negatives
- Aforementioned random boss bullshittery
- I don't like the main antagonist and his motives are generic "Ragh me mad, must battle, prove worth blah blah blah!" shit. I know people say that this is the way he is meant to be, but at a time where we have much more interesting antagonists with better motivations than acting like a troglodyte, this is a sore spot in the game.
- I still don't like Brutes as enemies, never have. I always enjoyed the encounters with Elites more because of their animalistic movement, ducking and diving, weaving and bobbing and general design. I'd take a hundred lobster looking motherfucks over apes in boring space get-ups any day
- AI sometimes doesn't know what to do with itself, or just stands there staring while you empty a clip into its face. Very often marines just decide to stand perfectly under requisitioned vehicles to die. I push them out of the way and they come running back to stand under tonnes of steel. Dipshits.
- Fucking variety. The missions themselves are fine, but yeah a bit more variety and experimentation in the environments outside of hexagon slabs and midwest forests could have gone a long way. Seeing the engine demo with a bit more variety got me excited, but nope the final game is Forerunner mazes or pine-trees. I can't believe I'm saying this, but my least favourite Halo, Halo 5 had more interesting environments.
- It still irks me since Halo 2 that enemies speak English with English lip-syncing. Halo 1s garbled Elites will always be great because there is an air of mystery and intentions being questioned. I am just imagining this fucking Brute and lizard lady sitting down in a class learning English with a human, getting tested on grammar and mannerisms just so they can express their intentions openly to people. I wish they had their own language, or the Banished never learned english to make them appear more intimidating. Nitpicky I know, but every fucking alien species in the galaxy sitting down for an English test is funny to me. Before you say "translator" yeah, no their lips match the words they say.

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, in just 4 ranked matches I was able to complete the weekly challenge. When I check the battle pass now, it tells me to play something else or do something productive with my life. Harsh, but fair.

/s

Dont see the armor coating on either the Mark VII or Reach armor section.

Last edited:

Hoggle

Mar 25, 2021
Anyone have a list of what the different UNSC weapon variants do at the FOB? I can only find a list of the Banished weapon differences.

Deleted member 68874

Account closed at user request
Banned
May 10, 2020
Climbing to the summit of a mountain and having the OG Halo choir kick in is such a moment. Listening to that while looking over Zeta Halo as the sun is setting was more emotional than basically any other game I've ever played.

This franchise sure means a lot to me after all these years.

Oct 27, 2017
What are your precise settings?

www.eurogamer.net

Halo Infinite PC tested: best settings, performance analysis and Series X comparisons

Yes, it's a first-party exclusive and yes, it's going to sell a lot of Xbox Series consoles, but Microsoft's policy of …

Drivers 497.09. I run 21:9 3440x1440p 100hz. FOV90. I set min frame rate to 60 and maximum to 100. Gsync on. It performs as advertised, hovering between 60-90 FPS. I don't really notice much resolution degradation, so whatever reconstruction they are doing it works quite well.

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
lol @ thinking that vehicles are useless in the campaign

guess what happens when you gather a couple marines 'round, hand out your absolute best variant weapons to everyone in attendance (particularly that Sentinel Beam, WOWZA), load 5 of 'em up onto a Razorback, and drive headlong screaming into literally anyplace

Master Chief wins Halo by doing absolutely nothing. 5 Marines with the variant Sentinel Beam will melt literally everything in their path instantaneously. You don't even have to get out the damn car if you don't want to. This setup is astonishingly, hilariously overpowered.

edit: holy shit I just watched my laser marine squad shoot down incoming projectiles this shit is wild

Last edited:

Raxious

Oct 27, 2017
So how do you change weapons at an FOB? I've unlocked a few weapons already, but every single weapon depot at an FOB only gives me the standard AR.

cgpartlow

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
I have played this game this game a bunch today. Just finished the E3 mission. I haven't binged a game like this in a long time. The gameplay loop is so satisfying. I'm so happy this game is good.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
lol @ thinking that vehicles are useless in the campaign

guess what happens when you gather a couple marines 'round, hand out your absolute best variant weapons to everyone in attendance (particularly that Sentinel Beam, WOWZA), load 5 of 'em up onto a Razorback, and drive headlong screaming into literally anyplace

Master Chief wins Halo by doing absolutely nothing. 5 Marines with the variant Sentinel Beam will melt literally everything in their path instantaneously. You don't even have to get out the damn car if you don't want to. This setup is astonishingly, hilariously overpowered.

edit: holy shit I just watched my laser marine squad shoot down incoming projectiles this shit is wild
Lmao yep. So much fun.

For an entertaining twist, give one guy a Disruptor variant and another a Ravager. You sacrifice a bit of up-front damage for stunning and long range parabolic bombing. It's pretty damn OP.

theDidact

Oct 25, 2017
www.eurogamer.net

Halo Infinite PC tested: best settings, performance analysis and Series X comparisons

Yes, it's a first-party exclusive and yes, it's going to sell a lot of Xbox Series consoles, but Microsoft's policy of …

Drivers 497.09. I run 21:9 3440x1440p 100hz. FOV90. I set min frame rate to 60 and maximum to 100. Gsync on. It performs as advertised, hovering between 60-90 FPS. I don't really notice much resolution degradation, so whatever reconstruction they are doing it works quite well.
In-game vsync?

oriic

Prophet of Truth - Press
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Hungary
- It still irks me since Halo 2 that enemies speak English with English lip-syncing. Halo 1s garbled Elites will always be great because there is an air of mystery and intentions being questioned. I am just imagining this fucking Brute and lizard lady sitting down in a class learning English with a human, getting tested on grammar and mannerisms just so they can express their intentions openly to people. I wish they had their own language, or the Banished never learned english to make them appear more intimidating. Nitpicky I know, but every fucking alien species in the galaxy sitting down for an English test is funny to me. Before you say "translator" yeah, no their lips match the words they say.

This was explained back then:

"From the High Prophet of Tolerance: "Hear now that 500 teams are to be formed to study the language of the Unclean. Each team to consist of the most clever and most educated Unggoy and Sangheili. These teams to speak only the Unclean language among themselves. The Unclean language to be taught to all military strike teams, that the foe shall be vulnerable."

And Banished was part of the Covenant.

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Lmao yep. So much fun.

For an entertaining twist, give one guy a Disruptor variant and another a Ravager. You sacrifice a bit of up-front damage for stunning and long range parabolic bombing. It's pretty damn OP.
I prefer to be the one with the variant Disruptor in hand, lol. It's so fun to use as I run around with my squad clearing FOBs, and it lets me keep everyone kitted out with v. Sentinel Beams 'cuz they erase anything within range in under a second. Shit, these nuts scare away Banished dropships before they even have a chance to drop units half the time.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
I prefer to be the one with the variant Disruptor in hand, lol. It's so fun to use as I run around with my squad clearing FOBs, and it lets me keep everyone kitted out with v. Sentinel Beams 'cuz they erase anything within range in under a second. Shit, these nuts scare away Banished dropships before they even have a chance to drop units half the time.
Yeah the Disruptor variant is a staple for me when I really want to wreck. It's so awesome how you can assemble a full laser squad at any FOB.

I want to experiment with all the variants to find interesting squad combos, but I doubt anything will melt enemies the way those Sentinel Beams do.

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
This was explained back then:

"From the High Prophet of Tolerance: "Hear now that 500 teams are to be formed to study the language of the Unclean. Each team to consist of the most clever and most educated Unggoy and Sangheili. These teams to speak only the Unclean language among themselves. The Unclean language to be taught to all military strike teams, that the foe shall be vulnerable."

And Banished was part of the Covenant.

Ah yeah, cool thanks for the explanation.

Bobbyleejones

Banned
Aug 25, 2019
Man the combination of the main story and audio logs…… it's like Halo 1 + 2 like stories combined

It's damn good

343 really nailed it with the story and I'm not even done with it.

Additionally I like how they did the side activities where they can be done while on the way to the main missions.

Bulby

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Berlin
Really wish the falcon was in this game. Would be awesome to strafe enemy camps with gunners on both sides. Then again the shock rifle and pistol pretty much make that a pointless endevour.

Im starting to think it was a really bad idea to move EMP from the PP to the shock weapons.

Bobbyleejones

Banned
Aug 25, 2019
Really wish the falcon was in this game. Would be awesome to strafe enemy camps with gunners on both sides. Then again the shock rifle and pistol pretty much make that a pointless endevour.

Im starting to think it was a really bad idea to move EMP from the PP to the shock weapons.
It wouldn't matter to be honest. You would just have jackals and grunts plasma charges just track your vehicle

Deleted member 8166

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Question to everyone…
I've seen people talk about horrible pop-in in halo infinite SP but I can't see any?
Like there is a shadow or two popping in from time to time if I look really hard, but besides that I've been amazed that there is none.
i am playing on an XSX in 60fps mode. I jumped from the highest mountain top, but even on my way down no trees or anything popped in. What am I missing?

Mukrab

Apr 19, 2020
My main problem with the open world is that almost everything shows up on the map. That turns it in to a checklist and completely invalidates exploring. Why exploring if you know if something is gonna be there or not? I guess you can find some easter eggs but meh. Would have prefered if things werent on the map and you found camps, marines, cores etc by actually exploring.

EroticSushi

Oct 25, 2017
Grapple hook + grabbing collectables in this game just scratches that open world grind itch so well. Going from one point to another, climbing or falling to get armor cores, multiplayer skins or audio logs for some lore dump is super satisfying. This is probably my favorite grapple hook in a video game. There's nothing better than a game that causes you to completely lose track of time.

IniR1cv.jpg

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
My main problem with the open world is that almost everything shows up on the map. That turns it in to a checklist and completely invalidates exploring. Why exploring if you know if something is gonna be there or not? I guess you can find some easter eggs but meh. Would have prefered if things werent on the map and you found camps, marines, cores etc by actually exploring.
There are things that don't show on the map. Even marine squads.

daninthemix

Nov 2, 2017
Having finished the game largely by following the critical path, I feel like I spent most of my time walking through identical metallic blue corridors. Sure there was some of that in prior games, but I also felt there was more variety. Perhaps 343 expect people to get their variety from the open world. There was that one mission where you have to fly to 4 places on the map and get a thing, and that was cool.

Apr 25, 2020
These servers have been fucking terrible since the campaign came out, and even now days after.

Real impressed by Azure, Microsoft....

Coxy

Oct 28, 2017
Just got my first Banshee - I'm at a stage where I can no longer fast travel to my FOBs - when does that ability come back?

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
If you encounter a marine squad that wasn't on your map then it's only because you didn't capture that area's FOB yet.
That doesn't make what I said wrong. If you decide to explore before you go to the marker then you have a good chance to encounter/discover something on your own. Feel like people have been brainwashed with speedrunning games and going to the next hud marker as fast as possible.

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
The game is not able to run reliably at 60 FPS for me. 3070 paired with a 3600X and 32GB Ram.

VSYNC is off, Boost mode for an extra 450 MHz is on for CPU. It's crazy that an original Xbox One Release that is also running pretty solid on said console isn't able to run at a steady 60fps on this system.

It's not that often and mainly in the open world that I go into the mid to low 50s but it doesn't make sense when the CPU is at 50-60% and the GPU is at 80% in these moments.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
There really should be a warning before whatever mission it is that
locks you into the final 4-5 story missions.

Like, I would have done a lot more had I known what I was heading into.

I just started the final mission and called it a night. I'm desperate to get back to the open world.
Yes, totally. Was not prepared for it to get totally linear again at the end. That said, really made me appreciate the open world more. It provides a much less "high stakes" break to just kinda chill and try stuff in, and helped break up the constant grind that hallway after hallway of enemies, then story reveals, then enemies can be (which is still fun). I LIKE these missions, to be clear, but some warning and/or a place to break or two would be great. I'm finding that allowing it room to breathe actually helps me remember and appreciate the story bits more, when they often kinda blended together into the background of the combat in previous games IMO (all the way back to the beginning).

I'm suddenly having an issue where the armor cores and mjolnir Amory stuff just aren't loading. I can see the icon on the map but the cases aren't there. I know it's not that I just can't find it because I've confirmed by watching videos of their locations. I restarted the game and one loaded correctly after but the rest still aren't there.
I had an issue like this where my game kinda soft locks me. I couldn't request weapons at the FOBs, but I had most of the loadout I wanted so I just continued. Got to the objective, and it wasn't until I had run around the whole thing 5 times that I realized that it just must not have loaded in because of the earlier bug. Had to quit to title and reload.

There was then a boss battle where I thought it had happened again, but just didn't look at the ground closely enough haha.

Anyone have a list of what the different UNSC weapon variants do at the FOB? I can only find a list of the Banished weapon differences.
Yea this would be nice. I actually have the opposite problem. I know what the UNSC weapon variants do kinda - you can see the description in the FOB tab. But I have no idea what the variant Banished weapons do. They should really have a quick bullet point list of the changes for each weapon somewhere.

The outposts all have unique layouts and relatively different requirements to shut down/capture.

Every time you go to save a squad of marines, the location is unique and the enemy forces change.

All the HVTs are in unique locations with different enemy forces and weapons and vehicles.

Each mission takes place in different settings with different goals.

FOBs are a little repetitive but enemy forces change based on your current arsenal.

As you progress, you can approach any situation in over a dozen different ways. The variety comes from player choice, and the game even has an encounter composer that switches up combat based on your playstyle and current arsenal. The difference with this game compared to others is the very many ways you can approach situations. It never felt repetitive to me.
Yep. Surface level, I understand the complaint. But, in practice, they did a pretty good job of making most of the side activities distinct, especially the purple outpost objectives. You can approach the early HVTs (and even some of the later ones) with a few cheesy strats that will work most of the time. But, if you go in and engage, the differences in weapons, enemy comp, vehicles, etc. do make a difference.

The FOBs are more samey - but that's generally because they're quick to clear out most of the time (once it was just 2 of the cloaking elites, who I sniped from long distance before they cloaked. And.. done!)

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017
Having finished the game largely by following the critical path, I feel like I spent most of my time walking through identical metallic blue corridors. Sure there was some of that in prior games, but I also felt there was more variety. Perhaps 343 expect people to get their variety from the open world. There was that one mission where you have to fly to 4 places on the map and get a thing, and that was cool.

This is the core of why I'm so surprised with the positive reception. They just straight up deleted any and all fun level and encounter design, along with all of th spectacular set pieces Halo was so famous for. The gunplay is amazing but...that's all the game has. It's a dead open world with nothing to find outside of working through icons on a map that Ubisoft would have been destroyed for if it built one like this and 6 hours of interchangable, blue corridors with not even a third enemy faction, another staple of the series.

It's so much less than it once was and all it gained was a barren open world that would have been laughed out of the room even 10 years ago.

It reminds me so much of Destiny 1 because I feel like literally all it has is its amazing gun play but...I really would like a cool game built around that gunplay, too

Mukrab

Apr 19, 2020
That doesn't make what I said wrong. If you decide to explore before you go to the marker then you have a good chance to encounter/discover something on your own. Feel like people have been brainwashed with speedrunning games and going to the next hud marker as fast as possible.
I think it does invalidate your point personally. You could also argue that oh well just dont look at the map at all and pretend that the problem is solved

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
This is the core of why I'm so surprised with the positive reception. They just straight up deleted any and all fun level and encounter design, along with all of th spectacular set pieces Halo was so famous for. The gunplay is amazing but...that's all the game has. It's a dead open world with nothing to find outside of working through icons on a map that Ubisoft would have been destroyed for if it built one like this and 6 hours of interchangable, blue corridors with not even a third enemy faction, another staple of the series.

It's so much less than it once was and all it gained was a barren open world that would have been laughed out of the room even 10 years ago.

It reminds me so much of Destiny 1 because I feel like literally all it has is it's amazing gun play but...I really would like a cool game built around that gunplay, too

Totally opposite feeling to you. There are dozens of cool encounters, and saying the world is 'dead' just makes no sense to me at all.

Some of the encounters are staged: interior missions, bases, the setup outside each
beacon spire thing
and some are organic/a mix of staged and organic: e.g. the flow from patrols to marine rescues to HVTs to finding a little bit of world-story (e.g. a human camp) and then being ambushed by a phantom. They exist. They're there, and whilst there's no 'dual scarab' moment (when will they return?!), I think your take is reductive in extremis.

Eh, horses for courses!

Status
Not open for further replies.