• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
The weapons hit so different in campaign.

The mauler is super fun.
It's basically like a stronger pistol with bullet drop, It takes some skill to use but because of that its super satisfying to one shot dudes in the head with it.
It may actually be useful in multiplayer now that I know how to use it.

Also the pulse carbine, I think the bullets magnetize to the enemies more in campaign making it more useful (or they are just more static making them easier to hit) but it kind of wrecks.
I think the PC is better simply because enemies don't strafe dodge like humans.

If you strafe dodge left and right Vs an Elite with a PC, they can't hit you for shit even on Legendary lol.

DarthWalden

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
"This was the dream of my life!" (MC killed by a lucky Grunt)

This game is so damn good. Playing normal was fine indoor but, in the openworld lvl, it is so easy (atm). Am I the only one with this difference between indoor vs outdoor?

We almost need a thread dedicated to the hilarious things grunts say.

Two moments last night where grunts said something that made me laugh so much I died in game.

*Grunt runs away from you* "I run away from my problems" (this needs to be on a Tshirt or something lol)

*You pull up on a group of enemies and a grunt sees you* "Here comes trouble!"

MercuryLS

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This campaign is an unbelievable comeback after H5. 343 has gone from delivering my least favorite campaign in the series to what may damn well be the best.

Truth, I went on with low expectations after Halo 4 and 5. This might be the best Halo yet, the gunplay is just perfect.

Nax

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 10, 2018
I was very proud of getting to the top of The Tower with just my grapple hook. For those further along, does the game let you just fly a vehicle up there instead?

Sylvestre

Banned
Mar 20, 2020
"This was the dream of my life!" (MC killed by a lucky Grunt)

This game is so damn good. Playing normal was fine indoor but, in the openworld lvl, it is so easy (atm). Am I the only one with this difference between indoor vs outdoor?
Ive barely scratched outdoors yet but so far its been to other way for me
Indoors on normal I didnt die
Outdoors ive died 3 times already

Sagroth

Oct 28, 2017
I had my doubts even after playing the MP, but the campaign is fucking awesome. Feels like they Doom Eternaled Halo.

I'm curious: in what way have they made it more like Doom Eternal? Because to me, it's the literal opposite of DE: I have SO many options to tackle enemies as opposed to run out of ammo - chainsaw -flamethrower - glory kill ad infinitum. And while there's some platforming, it's not near to the extent of DE, and the grapple makes it smooth and easy to traverse.

Martinski

Jan 15, 2019
Göteborg
Ah, so you are finding it is putting you against opponents that are much too dominant, that definitely doesn't sound fun.

I think the most complaints I have seen are from higher ranked players who complain their QP matches are just as sweaty as ranked. I am finding similar, the better I do overall the harder my QP is.

Have you checked your stats at all? You can do that here: https://halotracker.com/

Once you sign in, you can see all your previous matches in the Matches menu on the too left. You can them click on individual players and see their stats and rank.

It might be worth checking just to see if you're being out against players of much higher rank/stats... and also checking your team balance to see if they're balanced fairly.

Not sure if it will help much, but it might give you some insight into what is happening.

quick play stats

halotracker.com

Bertil44's Profile Overview

A quick glance of Bertil44's Halo Infinite statistics.

I almost never win and almost always get dominated by enemy teams. Especially lately the matchmaking has been real shit. It's like the devs don't want me to play mp and to turn me off from it. Instead i often just play bot games for challenges lol... Not even in CoD did i suck this much and i suck at CoD.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah unless this game face plants really hard in the later portions of the campaign, this is gonna challenge Halo 1 for my favorite campaign

OP
OP
iFirez

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
I'm watching the credits roll… incredible. My favourite of 343's Halo games for sure, and I actually quite like 4.

I can't wait to see what they do next.

Until then, I'm excited for my exploration focused playthrough on Heroic week, because tomorrow is House Move day!

Sephzilla

Oct 25, 2017
I'm watching the credits roll… incredible. My favourite of 343's Halo games for sure, and I actually quite like 4.

I can't wait to see what they do next.

Until then, I'm excited for my exploration focused playthrough on Heroic week, because tomorrow is House Move day!
You're done already?! How long?

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The enemy shooting your dead body until the game reloads just solidifies why I don't feel bad about t bagging. It's like the devs want the user to feel humiliated for losing lol.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
That moment you throw a nade. Grunt goes flying. But just when he start flying you grapple him by accident. I was tossed over the map with him haha

Quellyford

May 16, 2020
Only completed the first mission so far but I am VERY happy with this game. The MP has captivated me for weeks, and the SP seems like it will captivate me in a different way. This game <3

LV-426

Oct 29, 2017
Does Dolby Vision seem off to anyone else who is using it? To me it seems like the black levels are off and it's driving me crazy trying to figure out if that's the case. I have an LG C8.

xeroborn55

Oct 27, 2017
This game nails that '30 seconds of fun' on repeat that Halo is known for. To me, that loop is one of the best in all of gaming. The cycle of dying in an encounter and changing my tactics to eventually succeed is incredibly rewarding.

Oct 25, 2017
I was very proud of getting to the top of The Tower with just my grapple hook. For those further along, does the game let you just fly a vehicle up there instead?
Yeah. I can call in Wasps now and just flew around for 45 minutes grabbing stuff I missed.

I'm not going to let myself use it for missions though, cause it makes stuff real easy and I miss grappling around.

gothi

Prophet of Truth
Jun 23, 2020
Does Dolby Vision seem off to anyone else who is using it? To me it seems like the black levels are off and it's driving me crazy trying to figure out if that's the case. I have an LG C8.
It's definitely not right during the opening cinematic but during gameplay it seems fine to me? LG C7 for ref.

Fletcher

Oct 25, 2017
Are there cosmetic upgrades I can be looking for in the single player campaign? I'm about to start and wondering if I should be looking.

Trey

Oct 25, 2017
The little Metroid jingle when you complete a "puzzle" is shameless, but 100 percent appreciated.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
quick play stats

halotracker.com

Bertil44's Profile Overview

A quick glance of Bertil44's Halo Infinite statistics.

I almost never win and almost always get dominated by enemy teams. Especially lately the matchmaking has been real shit. It's like the devs don't want me to play mp and to turn me off from it. Instead i often just play bot games for challenges lol... Not even in CoD did i suck this much and i suck at CoD.
So overall you have positive K/D and a 50% win rate, which is actually in ranked. It might be that your ranked performance is pulling in heavier contest in QP and BTB, where team mates try much less to play objectives, which is making games much harder for you there.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
What is the difference between "axial dead zone" and "center dead zone"? From the descriptions it looks like they do the same thing?

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
its mostly with pre rendered video's. Wich i believe is only the opening part. After that its fine.

CubeApple76

Jan 20, 2021
The pre-rendered cutscenes are a bit busted in this respect, have elevated black levels for some reason. Super noticable on OLED or FALD screens. Once you get into gameplay it works fine

Trey

Oct 25, 2017
can recommend loading up a razorback with a bunch of marines with power weapons and wrecking everything in your path.

them opening up the halo sandbox fully to the player's imagination is the best idea they've ever had

Sephzilla

Oct 25, 2017
can recommend loading up a razorback with a bunch of marines with power weapons and wrecking everything in your path.

them opening up the halo sandbox fully to the player's imagination is the best idea they've ever had
Storming a base with a razorback full of marines is actually a huge rush. Turns base assaults into complete chaos

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
What are these collectibles that look like audio logs but are sideways instead of vertical? I have three bases with 0 of them collected and have no idea what they are

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
I got killed and a nearby grunt said something to the effect of "Try to kill me now! Stupid idiot."

They & the Marines are seriously hilarious.

marcbret87

Apr 20, 2018
I just started to play and this definitely feels very good to play. The grapple hook is one hell of an addition and makes Halo open-ended combat simply much more fun. Fingers crossed, but no issues encountered on PC.

oriic

Prophet of Truth - Press
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Hungary
I'm done with the campaign, now the credits are rolling. That wasn't bad. I watched the legendary ending on Youtube: well lore fans will be happy I think, although that just gives us a lot more questions. We need a story dlc.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
I can't play this from the cloud with the Xbox PC app, but I can play it through Edge (with terrible lag) or my Fire tablet that doesn't even officially support the Game Pass app but works beautifully, idk.

CubeApple76

Jan 20, 2021
I'm done with the campaign, now the credits are rolling. That wasn't bad. I watched the legendary ending on Youtube: well lore fans will be happy I think, although that just gives us a lot more questions. We need a story dlc.
Based on the trademark that MS just filed, I think story DLC expansions are inevitable

Nax

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 10, 2018
Yeah. I can call in Wasps now and just flew around for 45 minutes grabbing stuff I missed.

I'm not going to let myself use it for missions though, cause it makes stuff real easy and I miss grappling around.
That's a little disappointing. But will definitely make looking for propaganda towers easy

Ausroachman

Oct 27, 2017
Is there an easy way to see what customisation stuff you have unlocked from the campaign?

Browsing the armoury etc is so cumbersome. I have no idea what I've unlocked

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
I haven't actually looked at what skulls are in this game but given how well I'm handling Legendary so far, LASO may actually be feasible??

We'll see how the rest of the game goes...

Paper Wario

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
how long did it take? did you start playing it yesterday and already finish?

Trey

Oct 25, 2017
Storming a base with a razorback full of marines is actually a huge rush. Turns base assaults into complete chaos

just did a hit on a brute boss and Cortana is like "he's named devourer because, well, he's a brute. Be careful." And I pull up and the marines 5 tap him instantly 3 seconds later.

oriic

Prophet of Truth - Press
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Hungary
how long did it take? did you start playing it yesterday and already finish?
It was about 14 hours, after about 13 hours I got tired of FOB/Outpost cleaning and finished the campaign in an hour. I'll continue with the side missions this weekend, luckily the game will bring me back to the surface after the credit. Anyway, yes, I started playing it yesterday, but I don't sleep when Halo games come out :D

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
with the amount of times shit flies out the back of the pelican you would think they would start using some ratchet straps or something

Status
Not open for further replies.