• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Caiusto

Oct 25, 2017
Having a great time with the game so far, finally landed on the Zeta Halo.
The first boss fight kicked my ass in Legendary lol

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
I went down in the genetic repository and impressively enough, you can actually climb and stand on everything. Unfortunately the game gave me a checkpoint down there and I couldn't make it up again, leaving me with no choice but to restart the level. Not that it matters, because it plays wonderfully and crucially feels like Halo. The first boss was also awesome, continually pressing me to keep dodging and moving and I'm only on Heroic. Will save Legendary for the second playthrough :)

Out in the open world I found a
red button you could activate near a dead marine. Not sure what it does though..

Last edited:

bwadley87

Jan 12, 2019
Is anyone else unable to get their download on PC game pass past the "preparing" stage? I've restarted my PC and the app a few times and even uninstalled the multiplayer to see if I could pull the whole thing more easily than just the campaign, but no dice.

Gunship

Oct 28, 2017
Too much chatter from the grunts, they remind me of Oddworld somehow. Apart from that, good so far.

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
Why is it still saying Pre-Install on the Xbox app for PC? (US East coast) lol. Also, doesn't install if I choose install all, and nothing shows up if I click to choose what to install.

Checked for updates in Msoft store/Library, and Windows updates. Already restarted pc as well.

Cheesy

Oct 30, 2017
Having a blast with the game so far. Absolutely loving it.

I really hope the 343i community folks stay away from the subreddit though, that place is just a cesspool of negativity. I get that aspects surrounding the monetization and progression of the multiplayer really suck, but Jesus I can't even find a single positive post in that place, it's all just whining.

TooBusyLookinGud

Graphics Engineer
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
California
Is anyone else unable to get their download on PC game pass past the "preparing" stage? I've restarted my PC and the app a few times and even uninstalled the multiplayer to see if I could pull the whole thing more easily than just the campaign, but no dice.
Have you tried the Windows Store? I haven't had an issue. I've been switching back and forth from PC to SX.

gifyku

Aug 17, 2020
I wonder how many folks will get frustrated with the number of times you will die in this game.

feels so good but so goes against the modern ethos of game design

Eamon

Prophet of Truth
Apr 22, 2020
This game is outstanding. Exploring Zeta Halo is so rewarding.

Quick question: how do you deploy Marines at FOBs? I seem to only be able to do weapons and vehicles

EinBear

Oct 27, 2017
Played the first mission and had the biggest grin on my face the entire time. It's so good!

Quick question about the UI. Is it possible to change the colour of the 'you can grapple here' dot on your reticle? I'm finding the yellow hard to make out. I couldn't see an option, but there's a huge amount of options so wasn't sure if I missed it somewhere.

AgentStrange

Oct 25, 2017
why

FGHgnusX0AEdN9y

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
having a fun time with the campaign but I feel bad because I did not do my daily/weekly challenges today..

oh no.

MistahS

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Sep 2, 2018
Still playing through the opening and man I'm loving how the enemies react to getting shot 😂

Trey

Oct 25, 2017
if the enemies are this talkative I can only imagine how they go with the iwhbyd skull on

Baked Pigeon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix
My advice would be upgrade your grappleshot asap. You need to find spartan cores in order to do so. The 40% less cooldown is well worth it.

Noble

Oct 27, 2017
Loving the shit out of this game, I just don't understand why the cutscenes are in 30 FPS. What reason could you possibly have, it's so jarring… I hope it gets patched on the XSX

Are they 30 FPS? I thought DF said they are 60FPS but have some weird FPS issue where some frames are longer than others, which is an issue 343 is already working.

Bosh

Oct 26, 2017
Easily the worst launches for a single player game that isn't tied to multiplayer.

Pre-loaded campaign. Day 1 turns out you didn't actually download campaign. Push day 1 update through, go back in the game, now can download campaign in game (Another 20 gigs).

That gets done, it works but oddly sound isnt playing. Restart computer. Then the "Gaming Services" error comes up. Delete in powershell, reinstall. Works for every other game but when I click Halo, it breaks Gaming services again for everything.

Uninstalled to try to reinstall and now can't do that as store gives error when trying to reinstall. Whenever that happens will have to download a over a full 100 gigs to play a sub 30 gig game.

Not sure why I took today off...

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Game feels so good to play. Halo games always nail that.
Love they are pretty unrestricted with the grappleshot also and let you have fun with it

flawless download also. Starting up the game. Can select install SP from there. Download and done. Playing.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Kind of getting Escape From New York vibes from House of Reckoning on the soundtrack.

Deleted member 91227

Feb 4, 2021
Having a blast so far! Looks and plays amazing on XSX. Just did the intro stuff, secured the first area on the planet, explored a little and flew to the next mission location. Will play more before bed after meeting the wife for dinner.

16bitnova

Oct 28, 2017
I haven't started playing yet but I'm on my way home from work listening to the soundtrack and man these villains have some awesome themes.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
I´m sure I´m not the first person whose made the comparison ... but this is straight up Halo´s version of The Phantom Pain.

Sparse story, more of which is being told via the audio logs, linear first mission after some shit went down .. before being thrown in an open world.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This elite boss inside the tower. Mannnnnn.

This is gonna be the best Halo campaign ever isn't it?

BrucCLea13k87

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone else feel kind of bad for the grunts? IDK...I think I'm getting really sensitive as I get older. They're just so cute and pathetic.

16bitnova

Oct 28, 2017
I´m sure I´m not the first person whose made the comparison ... but this is straight up Halo´s version of The Phantom Pain.

Sparse story, more of which is being told via the audio logs, linear first mission after some shit went down .. before being thrown in an open world.
Halo's Phantom Pain.... Oh no. Say it ain't so.. I love me a good Halo story..

Techno

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Having a blast so far. The grapple hook is amazing.

Anyway, I called down a Warthog and it squashed one of my marines.

haloinfinitescreensho51jhj.png

RIP.

And then I found Craig's brother who was trying to fix a lightbulb.

haloinfinitescreenshorkjpa.png

Ocirus

Dec 4, 2017
Sooo... I'm not sure if anyone knows what these are for yet. I've been making insanely slow progress since I've been obsessing over secrets and skulls... of which I've found none so far. BUT! I'm in the campaign, pretty early still, at Outpost Tremonius, the first place you clear an LZ on the ring, and I've found three red terminals, which have an "X" button prompt to activate, but do seemingly nothing once activated. Their red screen turns off but that's it. One was fairly easy to find, but the other two are bordering on out of bounds zones.

I've searched around but can't find anything. And of course because this is the first possibly secret thing I've found I'm stressing about not leaving until I find something... which might not exist.

MrGiraffe

Feb 27, 2020
The whole first two missions, intro, and setup feels…

Very bog-standard.

The repetitive, unoriginal ship/level design, the characters, the basics of the story, the MC personality immediately being back-to-business-cool-guy in 2 seconds flat.

Here's hoping the actual meat of the game doesn't follow this intro.

Status
Not open for further replies.