• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RedStep

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Is this game appropriate for an 8 year old?

The level of violence is pretty PG-13. A blue splatter on the ground when I blew up a group with a grenade was the worst thing so far. If you're okay with Endgame etc, it's not as bloody as that.

ESRB said:
Players use machine guns, laser swords, grenades, and futuristic weaponry to kill enemies in frenetic combat. Battles are highlighted by frequent gunfire, cries of pain, explosions, and colorful blood-like effects. Human characters emit red blood puffs when injured by gunfire. The words "a*s" and "p*ssed" appear in the game.

Gravemind IV

Nov 26, 2017
Some quick observations:
- Pop-in seems quite obvious, I saw weapons deform on a rack at quite close range (series X)
- Cutscene stutter
- Why the hell do frag grenades have purple lines in campaign? Why can't I turn that off? It's not in MP!
- There's actually quite some blood, but it looks really weird on the ground? As if it's been there for ages.

Really cool, but did they change Aatriox's VA? Disappointed if so. Pretty sure he sounded different, now it was a bit more like the standard angry brute.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Am I tripping or does this Marine in the beginning look different? Hair is different and maybe it's my display but he looks like he has lighter complexion.

edit: spoke too soon lol

Fudgepuppy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not liking at all the Jackals speaking English this time. I prefer when none of them speak English, but it's at least tonally and story-wise making sense to let Brutes and Grunts speak English.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
Ha! I've got fast internet but the download is crawling on my Xbox.

no worries, I'll play on xcloud… but can't even get the website to load. Servers must be getting hammered

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
It should be available now in most regions. xCloud servers needed to get the update just like consoles. Some regions may still take a bit longer to get to capacity to accommodate everyone.
Ooh - really appreciate the official(ish) information!

I hope MS have been spending a lot on servers! (and also treats for staff!?)

DenverCo

Feb 21, 2019
Denver
Bringing back great memories of playing Halo.

Does anyone have issues with gamepass on pc with windows 11 losing signal from pc to TV? This only happens when I play games with the Xbox app and not steam.

gr0w

Oct 28, 2017
Hmm somehow this feels unpolished. The stuttery cutscenes on Series X, the noticeable pop-in, the janky set pieces, ... I'm a bit disappointed that this is the best they were able to come up with after all this time. Feels like playing a Xbox One game.
Maybe it gets better

jem

Oct 25, 2017
I'm only on the second mission but so far this is very, very good.

Some visual… wrinkles, but hot damn it's fun to play.

dglavimans

Nov 13, 2019
Played the opening mission but haven't played any Halo before and probably to long of a grind to finish them all… Just gonna watch a recap and jump in tomorrow

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
Trying to install remotely and just getting an error on the xbox.com page. Servers getting hammered? Is there a fix?

Heazy

IT Tech
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
London, UK
Hmm somehow this feels unpolished. The stuttery cutscenes on Series X, the noticeable pop-in, the janky set pieces, ... I'm a bit disappointed that this is the best they were able to come up with after all this time. Feels like playing a Xbox One game.
Maybe it gets better
It is an Xbox One game 🙃

UltimateHigh

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe it gets better

started on old hardware and then went through some development hell before coming together in the last couple of years or so.

RF Switch

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Maybe it gets better
I came in here to ask if the stuttering was normal. I guess there is no fix it's just how it is? The brightness on the intro cutscene is also off. The game is fantastic though

Bulby

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Berlin
Lols, did anyone else have the grunt walk in on them whilst finding the 1st Spartan Core? Fucking amazing

Kibbles

Oct 25, 2017
was able to play the first couple missions before work actually and having a great time, playing on Legendary. Can't wait to keep going.

Trey

Oct 25, 2017
Oh legendary warns you about jackal snipers right off the bat?

Cool cool cool

cool

Azel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jul 12, 2018
the way the game volume ducks down when you are listening to an audio log is driving me mad, is there a way to turn it off?

Status
Not open for further replies.