• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Listai

50¢
Oct 27, 2017
Well - i think i fucked up.

The game auto detected the 4GB update but I thought i'd be celevr and go into "manage game". in there I could see a new entry for campaign, so i ticked that to download it and hit save...the game immediately switched the 4GB update to be 48GB! i.e. it's installing the multiplayer again even though it already had it.

The xbox is finicky about updates and i think me messing in the menus altered the original update - if that happens it just wipes the whole game and you have to install again.

So I'm utterly dependent on cloud working and I doubt they enable it because the servers will crash.

I think the same thing happened to me this morning, I'm about to leave for work so I just have to hope it sorts itself out by the time I get home.

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
I'll prob play campaign on quality mode, too many framedrops and no vrr support on performance.

I'll try both though.

No VRR is mind boggling. Like this is their flagship game and VRR is something they tout that Playstation doesn't have yet. My OLED is sad. Same goes for the brightness issue and the cutscene stutter. The gameplay is fantastic but the presentation leaves a bit to be desired.

AliGalactic

Oct 27, 2017
jesus christ guys i am so fucking sick of windows store. campaign installed before i left my place, turned off my pc. got home now and now its fucking doing this.

microsoft needs to get their shit together when it comes to this. jesus.

im reinstalling btw. uninstalling and reinstalling gaming services thru powershell did fuck all.

Fuck. Lemme know if that works. This is absolutely rediculous. I was playing multi right before the campaign download went live just fine. Now I can't even launch it without this weird Gaming Services prompt in the Windows Store. What the actual fuck. This is not a great first impression of Game Pass and Windows Store I know that much. Shoulda just bought it on Steam.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
"We could be the only two humans left alive out here..."

"Then there's still hope."

God I love MC, lol.

Legendary difficulty feels really good so far...

MercuryLS

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

The game auto detected the 4GB update but I thought i'd be celevr and go into "manage game". in there I could see a new entry for campaign, so i ticked that to download it and hit save...the game immediately switched the 4GB update to be 48GB! i.e. it's installing the multiplayer again even though it already had it.

The xbox is finicky about updates and i think me messing in the menus altered the original update - if that happens it just wipes the whole game and you have to install again.

So I'm utterly dependent on cloud working and I doubt they enable it because the servers will crash.

I did the same thing. Let's see what happens.

HOTSPUR

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck. Lemme know if that works. This is absolutely rediculous. I was playing multi right before the campaign download went live just fine. Now I can't even launch it without this weird Gaming Services prompt in the Windows Store. What the actual fuck. This is not a great first impression of Game Pass and Windows Store I know that much. Shoulda just bought it on Steam.

oh trust me, this isn't hyperbole, it really doesn't get any better. the xbox app and windows store has been busted forever and they refuse to fix it. i would rather use UPlay than this lol. ill let you know if i have any luck!

VinFTW

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure whats going on with some of your games on here, I'm running quality mode on XSX on my c9, visually its outstanding, no stutter or framedrops.

Sometimes if you "quick resume" the game and start playing again, you get some crazy input lag and framerate stutter. I'd "quit" and restart it.

See if that works for those w/ issues between campaign and MP.

As per brightness, I heard Dolby Vision had some issues making things washed out. I am just using HDR 10.

The only thing I'm having an issue with was actually activation Dolby Vision w/ quality mode before I found out it was borked (maybe it was fixed tho? I saw a thread on it on Reddit like 20 days ago). Wouldn't let me select anything other than performance on my c9. Maybe because I had VRR selected? No idea.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I had the same thing happen.

Its now reinstalling the entire game for me.

I just hope it works. Im already pissed that my aim settings are gonna be all gone

EJS

The Fallen
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
120 fps is only really relevant for MP, but there it does feel amazing. I really enjoy it for Halo and Fortnite.
Thanks. That's good to know. I am wondering if I should get a $400-$500 one or a very cheap one that maxes out at like 1080p for $200 and get a Series S to basically play MP only on it. I have a Series X but switching cables to the monitors could get annoying since I am on a 4K monitor already for it.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
So, in the campaign do we get to upgrade things like Grenade stock from the default of 2?

Valiant

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Yea the only reason I would ever use XBOX App is for gamepass.

Otherwise I get it on Steam.

I have MCC on Steam and Infinite on XBOX.

Ill switch back to steam when campaign has a price drop.

Siam Shade

Jun 1, 2018
My only experience with Halo was ODST years ago. Is it worth revisit the franchise with Masterchief Collection or should I jump directly into Infinite? Series X here (if this is relevant in any way).

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I think the same thing happened to me this morning, I'm about to leave for work so I just have to hope it sorts itself out by the time I get home.

I did the same thing. Let's see what happens.
In another thread someone was posting in all caps that it's a genuine problem and does delete the multiplayer part that was already downloaded (which is what I feared). No Halo for me tonight!

Biosnake

Oct 25, 2017
Having a ton of fun already. The game looks great in 4k and the grapplehook is such an excellent addition. Also the mangler is OP in campaign just like in multiplayer lol.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
And goddamn... Halo combat with infinite grapple is just beyond great. I knew how good it felt in MP in general, and playing around with bots with infinite ammo... but to be playing Legendary Halo combat with this movement is just pure bliss.

UltimateHigh

Oct 25, 2017
No VRR is mind boggling. Like this is their flagship game and VRR is something they tout that Playstation doesn't have yet. My OLED is sad. Same goes for the brightness issue and the cutscene stutter. The gameplay is fantastic but the presentation leaves a bit to be desired.

yeah I dunno what's going on there, hopefully it's being looked into.

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
answered my own question, from the TA review

" although with both Skulls and logs hidden away in unrepeatable story missions, you'll either need to be very thorough or prepared to do multiple runs to grab the lot."

thats lame, ill wait for collectible guides before playing this then

At least it shows you the Area Collectibles so you know as you go I guess.

Martinski

Jan 15, 2019
Göteborg
This feels so good to play, improved from the old Halo games and I have probably fell to my death like 40 times using the grapple in the 2nd level. Lol

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
My only experience with Halo was ODST years ago. Is it worth revisit the franchise with Masterchief Collection or should I jump directly into Infinite? Series X here (if this is relevant in any way).

MCC is a great way to experience the older titles, but I never recommend playing all older games before the new one. You will just burn yourself out. Play Infinite and if you like it you can always go back.

Makeno

Dec 4, 2018
Download Ready
Spliff rolled

Cya in a bit lol

ODST and Reach were the last I completed (played a few hours of 4) so I'm in the same boat but there are some decent videos on Youtube that kinda explain what happened in 4-5. You could probably watch one or two while waiting for it to download.

Ultimately aside from a few key things I don't think you'd be missing too much.

Oct 25, 2017

I installed the 4GB update, then went into the game, and tried to play the campaign - which took me to an in-game menu that allowed me to download the campaign à la MCC.

~21GB or something [cannae remember, at work now while it downlaods].

VinFTW

Oct 25, 2017
The input lag is pretty bad for the campaign. Didn't notice this in multiplayer

Not sure whats going on with some of your games on here, I'm running quality mode on XSX on my c9, visually its outstanding, no stutter or framedrops.

Sometimes if you "quick resume" the game and start playing again, you get some crazy input lag and framerate stutter. I'd "quit" and restart it.

See if that works for those w/ issues between campaign and MP.

As per brightness, I heard Dolby Vision had some issues making things washed out. I am just using HDR 10.

The only thing I'm having an issue with was actually activation Dolby Vision w/ quality mode before I found out it was borked (maybe it was fixed tho? I saw a thread on it on Reddit like 20 days ago). Wouldn't let me select anything other than performance on my c9. Maybe because I had VRR selected? No idea.

HOTSPUR

Oct 25, 2017

MCC is a great way to experience the older titles, but I never recommend playing all older games before the new one. You will just burn yourself out. Play Infinite and if you like it you can always go back.

yup, this. id say jump in with infinite and if you love it go back. the other games are phenomenal but playing all 7 of them before this is something i wouldnt recommend. unless youre in no rush to play infinite and want to play the other ones over the course of an extended period

vitormg

Oct 26, 2017
Brazil
I mean, I started the campaign and the performance seems great?

Sure, I'm still in the first mission inside the ship, but I'm getting 120+fps at 3440x1440 max settings with my 3080 + 5600x.

VRR is working as well, as long as I disable vsync and both fps limiters.

Cronen

Oct 27, 2017

I did the exact same fucking thing. Eurgh.

ShapeGSX

Nov 13, 2017
The opening level really emphasizes "you can go anywhere!" There are no invisible walls.

The opening cut scenes are so good, too.

I'm so glad you're back, Chief!

ABK281

Apr 5, 2018
How do I actually download the game on pc gamepass. I guess I installed the MP on accident but I still don't see a campaign option.

Resident Guru

Oct 28, 2017
Anyone playing with a 3090 that can tell me how performance is with the campaign at 4K? I'm in Hawaii and won't be back until Sunday. Excited to play when I return!

CaptNink

Oct 27, 2017
B.C, Canada

Oh shit - I just did the exact same thing!

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Found the first skull, put in spoilers if you don't want to see:

When you get to this room, clear out enemies first.

gFaiMc.png

Then go to the top level, the middle moving container.

gFaZzP.png

It's on top of the static container here:

gFagwm.png

Letters

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
First level already had you doing some badass cutscene Master Chief shit while playing, grapple hook is soooo good.

Heroic felt super easy on the first level, hope it's just because it was a tutorial.

Trey

Oct 25, 2017
The OST is good after one listen. If I had one criticism it might lean a bit too much into the CE motifs and vibes, but I can't knock it too much because that's what it's trying to do, and all the little remixes do justice to the iconic themes.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I installed the 4GB update, then went into the game, and tried to play the campaign - which took me to an in-game menu that allowed me to download the campaign à la MCC.

~21GB or something [cannae remember, at work now while it downlaods].

Yes - that is the right way to do this and works perfectly fine

I did the exact same fucking thing. Eurgh.

Oh shit - I just did the exact same thing!
My condolences to both of you - welcome to 25GB's worth of deja vue!! :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.