• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
Hdr is wrong right ? Black bar are grey haha
HDR is fine, it is just the cutscenes that are jacked up with the black bars.

EDIT:

I have the game on both PC and Series X and just tested this on the PC with HDR disabled and sure enough, black bars were black. It appears that the gamma is jacked up in HDR with the black bars. The stuff in-between looks fine, but something is 100% jacked up with the black bars and HDR enabled.

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2018
Blog_HandofAtriox_WATERMARKED_1120x1341-855x1024.jpg

www.halowaypoint.com

Welcome to Halo Infinite

<p>Six years, six long years… you’ve waited, you’ve wondered, and now the time has come. Halo Infinite releases today! Before we dive into the details of this momentous day, let’s throw it over to Bonnie Ross and Joseph Staten who have a few words they want to share with our studio and...

astro

Oct 25, 2017
And done, jumping in!

Legendary run first time, no other way to play Halo for me!

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
anyone know if there are missable collectibles during the story missions that you cant go back to?
answered my own question, from the TA review

" although with both Skulls and logs hidden away in unrepeatable story missions, you'll either need to be very thorough or prepared to do multiple runs to grab the lot."

thats lame, ill wait for collectible guides before playing this then

EJS

The Fallen - Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Couple questions for you all:

1. Do you recommend using a 120hz display to get 120 fps? I have 4K and 60 fps right now.

2. I wanted to read the books. How should I start?

Thanks!

Bulby

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Berlin
Oh man that Intro. So good. After the utter dogshite that was Halo 5. Im fucking home.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Couple questions for you all:

1. Do you recommend using a 120hz display to get 120 fps? I have 4K and 60 fps right now.

2. I wanted to read the books. How should I start?

Thanks!

1. you would need a display that can output 120hz to even use 120 frames. You're not gonna see 120 frames on a 60hz tv.

vlaar

Banned
Sep 23, 2018
Can't play it on gamepass lol. Opens the launcher, I click campaign and it tells me to preorder...

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
they updated some known issues of the multiplayer

LOCAL AREA NETWORK (LAN)

• New: Match settings changed in the Mode Editor still show as the defaults. The changed settings work as expected once the match begins.

• New: The AMD Radeon Anti-Lag feature can cause performance hitches on some systems if it is turned on.

• New: Turning off "Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling" may also resolve the issue, instead of disabling Background Recording or Record What Happened. If you cannot see this setting you may need to update your graphics driver or Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling is not supported by your graphics card.
    • Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling is off by default on Windows 10, but on by default in Windows 11.
    • In Windows 10, turn off Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling in Graphics settings.
    • In Windows 11, turn off Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling by navigating to Graphics and selecting Default graphics settings.
there may be other stuff that popped up before that. i hjaven't checked much on it

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
Why would you think that Theater got patched? All they said was that old theater films won't be compatible anymore, which is usually the case after a patch.
because theres a bug that you can't view any other replay until you restart the game. i thought they would have it patched to work

UltimateHigh

Oct 25, 2017
answered my own question, from the TA review

" although with both Skulls and logs hidden away in unrepeatable story missions, you'll either need to be very thorough or prepared to do multiple runs to grab the lot."

thats lame, ill wait for collectible guides before playing this then

I hate to be negative but that's so ridiculous, not having mission selects. I assume the more open world structure is the reason for that?

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
It's absolute BONKERS to me that I can play the newest Halo game on a 14" Laptop @ 80-90fps/1440p. What a great time to be a gamer.

TGZ8S0C.jpg

H1bxq29.jpg

BoxScar

Jul 21, 2020
Saying it will take 10 hours to download, should have been done in 30 minutes on my internet. Now it's stopped downloading completely. Wired connection to my Xbox too. So annoying.

Listai

50¢
Oct 27, 2017
Just queued it on my brand new XSX. Really looking forward to this.

I've only played the first Halo on PC way back in the day, so I'm pleased that this is a soft reboot so people like me aren't lost. Definitely planning on going back and playing through the older games though!

RoninChaos

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone have any idea how to unlock the shiny red armor for multiplayer that says is unlicked in the campaign? Blood-something.

gr0w

Oct 28, 2017
Do you have the game - or any other game - open? If so, close out and watch the speed increase.
Omg THIS!
go to the dashboard, download queue, and from there close down halo. The download speed will immediately go up.

What a dumb choice to throttle download speed when being in-game watching the download counter lol.

HOTSPUR

Oct 25, 2017
Clicking play just opens the windows gaming services store page on MS store.
It's fully installed, I even uninstalled gaming services, and reinstalled it and restarted machine but still nothing.

Other gamepass games work fine.

I'm having the same issue. Have you found a fix yet?

jesus christ guys i am so fucking sick of windows store. campaign installed before i left my place, turned off my pc. got home now and now its fucking doing this.

microsoft needs to get their shit together when it comes to this. jesus.

im reinstalling btw. uninstalling and reinstalling gaming services thru powershell did fuck all.

UltimateHigh

Oct 25, 2017
I'll prob play campaign on quality mode, too many framedrops and no vrr support on performance.

I'll try both though.

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
It was expected, but it's a pity that I can't start the single player with the steam version, despite having Game Pass and my profile being connected with the game.

Would have been an awesome surprise.
Since coop isn't in anyways, I'll wait with SP for a while, don't feel like downloading it on Game Pass too.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Well - i think i fucked up.

The game auto detected the 4GB update but I thought i'd be celevr and go into "manage game". in there I could see a new entry for campaign, so i ticked that to download it and hit save...the game immediately switched the 4GB update to be 48GB! i.e. it's installing the multiplayer again even though it already had it.

The xbox is finicky about updates and i think me messing in the menus altered the original update - if that happens it just wipes the whole game and you have to install again.

So I'm utterly dependent on cloud working and I doubt they enable it because the servers will crash.

Status
Not open for further replies.