• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RoninChaos

Oct 26, 2017
Hey everyone. I am sure it's probably been discussed but I can't find the answer in the thread so I'm asking — when/ what time does the reset each week happen for new weekly quests and what time does the reset happen for your match do bonus each day?

And wasn't there a leak of each of the weekly challenges and the rewards?

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
I see everyone complaining about grenade spam but I can't get a grenade kill to save my life. They seem so easy to jump out of.

RoninChaos

Oct 26, 2017
I entered 4 codes and it was really smooth process. The skins showed up in the game right away
Yeah, I have. It's been easy and immediate.

Just a quick note about the rockstar energy stuff too. If you don't have a circle K near you so you can get that razorback skin, you can create a Canadian account on the rockstar site and the 8th code you enter will unlock the razor back skin automatically. The codes all work the same so you don't have to worry if you're in the US and have a Canadian account. Halo waypoint doesn't care about the region. I just unlocked the razorback skin this morning.

oriic

Prophet of Truth - Press
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Hungary
Has anyone got the Rockstar rewards for this game? Entered a couple codes and still nothing on wayloint letting me know they got it?
You mean you activated the code on Rockstar's site, activated the serial you got there on Halowaypoint and you don't see anything in the game? (First code is 2xp and swap, second is MA40 coating, third is 2xp/swap etc.)

Corncob

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Does anyone know if we'll be able to have different graphics and key binding settings between multiplayer and campaign?

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Yea. This Halo game is supposed to last 10 years.
Has any semi-contemporary AAA title that stated a goal like this actually done it? Rainbow Six: Siege is the only one I can think of. Certainly didn't happen for Destiny.

I would imagine they give this goal up within three years or so and we get a full fat new title, but we'll see.

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
Has any semi-contemporary AAA title that stated a goal like this actually done it? Rainbow Six: Siege is the only one I can think of. Certainly didn't happen for Destiny.

I would imagine they give this goal up within three years or so and we get a full fat new title, but we'll see.
Destiny 1's foundation received a pretty mixed response from press and gamers so I understand why Bungie pivoted so quickly from their initial plans. The foundation here is a lot more solid and easier to build on top of.

We will see I guess.

oriic

Prophet of Truth - Press
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Hungary
Nothing showing in HaloWaypoint Redeem History? That's weird. Are you sure you are logged in to Halowaypoint with your own account? I have not heard about this bug, and I can see my own codes.

KQ5dvC9.jpg

Corncob

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
UK

I could be wrong but I don't think Destiny ever intended to just be one game. I thought originally it was intended to be a trilogy of games over 10 years?

Ramirez

Oct 26, 2017

I suspect updating this game will be a big draw to keep people subbing to GP. Can't let it sit dormant for 3-4 years while a new game is made under their current model.

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Destiny 1's foundation received a pretty mixed response from press and gamers so I understand why Bungie pivoted so quickly from their initial plans. The foundation here is a lot more solid and easier to build on top of.

We will see I guess.
Is it? We're hearing that even adding a simple Slayer playlist is this huge complication in production and execution 🤷‍♀️

gnexus

Mar 30, 2018
Sigh, got started late with the weekly challenge stuff this week, only to reveal the final challenge is to win 17 PVP games? Damn, that'll take a while and I don't have enough time to get it. Oh well, hopefully the emblem pops up again sometime because I think it looks great.

Welfare

Prophet of Truth - You’re my Numberwall
Oct 26, 2017
Hey if anyone could answer, I remember there being multiple legacy rewards that should've unlocked. Is there a list of them? SR152 is one of them but I remember there being others found.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018

I think its reasonable to assume Infinite is probably more actually gonna be like 5 years with some massive expansion-like new campaign some point in between.

RoninChaos

Oct 26, 2017

Digital Foundry's PC tech review is here.

Is there a text list of the optimized settings? I need to set them up for my wife and kid for multiplayer and I can't view the video unfortunately.

Also, speaking of my kid… I was playing with him last night and after we got done I was wondering what points in a match are actually for? They don't give you XP, as far as I know the game isn't keeping track of your best scores, and the game doesn't have a progress system in place like previous halos that tracks points to have the amount to anything like spartan levels so… what do points do?

Oct 25, 2017
Hey everyone. I am sure it's probably been discussed but I can't find the answer in the thread so I'm asking — when/ what time does the reset each week happen for new weekly quests and what time does the reset happen for your match do bonus each day?

And wasn't there a leak of each of the weekly challenges and the rewards?
Daily resets are at 9 am Pacific. Weekly reset (new challenges, new weekly reward) start on Tuesday at the same time.
Store updates each day at 10 am pacific. I don't know why it's also not 9.

There was a leak of that stuff which you can probably Google. I didn't look into it.

Ramirez

Oct 26, 2017
Is there a text list of the optimized settings? I need to set them up for my wife and kid for multiplayer and I can't view the video unfortunately.

Also, speaking of my kid… I was playing with him last night and after we got done I was wondering what points in a match are actually for? They don't give you XP, as far as I know the game isn't keeping track of your best scores, and the game doesn't have a progress system in place like previous halos that tracks points to have the amount to anything like spartan levels so… what do points do?

They help you identify who isn't really contributing shit to a match, heh.

Nov 14, 2017
Is ranking and partying up weird for anyone else? I've been playing a ton of the solo queue (I believe I'm Platinum 5 or somewhere in there) and have been playing about average or above average but when I queue up with my brother and his two friends who I think are all Onyx I'm getting absolutely wrecked.

I'd expect to perform worse but I'm doing significantly worse like low single digit kills. Obviously, Occam's Razor is to get gud but the difference has been so drastic that I was surprised.

HououinKyouma

The Wise Ones
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm going to be "that guy" for a second and ask: should there be any concern about how this is doing on Twitch? Just doesn't seem to be doing numbers, and not even close to where the Fortnites, Apexes, and Warzones of the world are.

I'm going to safely assume "no," because all it takes is a couple big streamers and it's back up in the top 5. But still, it just struck me as curious.

Ramirez

Oct 26, 2017
Is ranking and partying up weird for anyone else? I've been playing a ton of the solo queue (I believe I'm Platinum 5 or somewhere in there) and have been playing about average or above average but when I queue up with my brother and his two friends who I think are all Onyx I'm getting absolutely wrecked.

I'd expect to perform worse but I'm doing significantly worse like low single digit kills. Obviously, Occam's Razor is to get gud but the difference has been so drastic that I was surprised.

The gap between Onyx and Platinum is pretty wide.

I'm going to be "that guy" for a second and ask: should there be any concern about how this is doing on Twitch? Just doesn't seem to be doing numbers, and not even close to where the Fortnites, Apexes, and Warzones of the world are.

Halo was never going to pull viewers like a BR.

RoninChaos

Oct 26, 2017
Weekly reset in one hour.

chappelleshow-dice.gif
Based on the leak I just looked up, the ultimate weekly challenge this week is
  • Season 1 Week 3 – Kill Enemy Spartans with a Headshot in PvP x15 400 XP – (Epic Weapon Coating Abbey Lime: From downtown!)

Looking at the full list, some of them are WILDLY inconsistent. I hope they fix some of these before they actually show up.

Like look at this:

• Season 1 Week 4 – Earn Double Kills in PvP x5 400 XP – (Epic Armor Emblem Sacrifice: Remember Reach)
  • This may be a pain in the ass depending on your team
  • Season 1 Week 5 – Complete any Big Team Battle Matches in PvP x10 400 XP – (Rare Weapon Emblem Driving
    Offensively: Don't let a little cliff stop you!)
  • This is easy. Just show up and play.
  • Season 1 Week 6 – Win Total Control Matches in PvP x5 400 XP – (Rare Weapon Emblem Driving Offensively: Don't let a little cliff stop you!)
  • I rarely get totally control matches and it's even more rare to win them. How am I going to win 5?!
  • Season 1 Week 7 – Win Stockpile Matches in PvP x5 400 XP – (Rare Weapon Emblem Driving Offensively: Don't let a little cliff stop you!)
  • See my comments on total control matches. I see stockpile matches even less. How am I going to win 5?
  • Season 1 Week 8 – Win a Slayer Match in PvP x1 400 XP – (Epic Weapon Charm Knuckles: A brass kiss)
  • If I actually get a slayer match, this should be easy.
  • So 3 out of 5 weekly challenges are going to be a pain in the ass to do and the other two will be brain dead easy. They need to even this out.

Last edited:

UltimateHigh

Oct 25, 2017

I'm going to safely assume "no," because all it takes is a couple big streamers and it's back up in the top 5. But still, it just struck me as curious.

I really don't keep up with this stuff but it's pulling less numbers than rainbow six right now, so either it's a cause for concern or the morning hours aren't kind to this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.