• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jem

Oct 25, 2017
All those trashing Behemoth have no idea what they're talking about.
Behemoth is too large and open to work with AR starts as anyone holding a rifle will just dominate with ease.

It also doesn't really work with BR starts because 95% of the action gets focused around the vehicle ring which is just not at all suited for interesting on foot combat. Then there's the issues of players hunkering down in rocks and spraying bases with fire from a distance, the shitty spawns, questionable power weapon spawns etc.

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
Started doing solo ranked kb/m only. Mangler's fun lol
hbEVpf2.png

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
In Case it's not seen here before:

stevivor.com

Halo Infinite campaign level select coming, says 343

Halo Infinite campaign level select will be added to the game at a later date, 343 Industries has told Stevivor, meaning players will be able to replay missions without the need to start the game from scratch.

"It's part of what is coming later," he continued. "The main reason is because, being a more open game and a nonlinear game, it became incredibly challenging. It's not that it doesn't work, it's just that it's not finished.

"We made the decision to make a better game, to improve the quality of the game so we could then add the features — just like co-op. And that is that is disappointing for us as the people who made it, but it was, also, the better option for us to make a better game and add that later."

While this writer's hunch is that level select will be added alongside campaign co-op, Crocker wasn't able to put a specific launch date to either feature.

IMACOMPUTA

Oct 27, 2017
lmfao.. i never give a shit about battlepasses or unlockables in games like this. I don't pay attention to them. If i get stuff, cool.

I noticed i was pretty close to having completed all of my challenges, so i made an effort to finish them.

It was annoying as fuck. I had to just sit the whole match and wait for the wasp to spawn, wait for the sniper to spawn, (usually missing out on them).

I stayed up super late tonight because i had one challenge left.

I just finished it! and realized now i have to win 17 matches.

Ha.. ha .... ha.....

Awful game. 0/10. Never again.

Najaf

Oct 26, 2017
Houston, TX
'They' are not a single entity any more than we are. You are being incredibly dismissive of the people on that subreddit. The hot threads there, which reflect what the bulk of the community thinks is worth seeing, are not some toxic disaster.

Thank you. I'm on both Reddit and here and the way many folks on ERA just wave a hand to dismiss one of the largest Halo communities, and the nearly million members there, is just in bad form. It reminds me of the console wars, grouping people together by platform and using that as a basis to dismiss or demean a group. That shit should not have a place here.

There were some toxic voices over on /r, yes. And that is inexcusable. However, those voices are dwarfed by genuine fans who just want a great game and are taking the time to share that in a venue where their voices are heard by the developers. The posts and threads that have traction and work their way up are full of genuine criticism with the delivery/state of the game and this feedback is resulting in change for the better.

Mukrab

Apr 19, 2020
'They' are not a single entity any more than we are. You are being incredibly dismissive of the people on that subreddit. The hot threads there, which reflect what the bulk of the community thinks is worth seeing, are not some toxic disaster.

1) A bit of a rant about the state of the game that has been launched
2) Commentary about the state of the game with comparisons to Fortnite
3) Criticism of the inability to replay missions
4) People talking about firefight
5) Metacommentary about Reddit rewards
6) Confusion about the in game item rewards
7) Discussion about the content stripped from the originally planned BP
8) Discussion of the imbalanced vehicle spawning in BTB
9) Cosplay
10) Criticism of the flaming helmet effect

This isn't a toxic wasteland. There is an undercurrent of absolute shit on Reddit as always but people here should stop acting as if it isn't reflecting genuine disappointment about the state of the game.
The superiority complex of ERA has always been weird to me, meanwhile ERA is being made fun off all the time in other places too because of course it is, we are on the internet after all. Reddit is just harder to moderate and there is no barrier to entry which makes it easier for people to troll. Yeah someone compares it to the holocaust, the person in question is downvoted, and then take those comments and pretend that they are reflective of the sub when the own sub is downvoting them is ridiculous. Most people won't even see them because they are downvoted. Im on the sub all the fucking time and i wouldn't have seen any of those comments if they wouldn't have been posted here. More people on ERA have seen those comments than people on the subreddit itself..

The superiority complex is not an exclusive thing on ERA, its everywhere on the Internet. Even inside ERA itself, if you spend time on the Off topic you know this, plenty of people there look down and talk shit about the gaming side of this forum.

Oct 25, 2017
lmfao.. i never give a shit about battlepasses or unlockables in games like this. I don't pay attention to them. If i get stuff, cool.

I noticed i was pretty close to having completed all of my challenges, so i made an effort to finish them.

It was annoying as fuck. I had to just sit the whole match and wait for the wasp to spawn, wait for the sniper to spawn, (usually missing out on them).

I stayed up super late tonight because i had one challenge left.

I just finished it! and realized now i have to win 17 matches.

Ha.. ha .... ha.....

Awful game. 0/10. Never again.

I feel you man, but I will say that with these challenges if you just do a few a day through the week (pretty much just play your first 6 games every day and try and knock off a couple of them), you'll find the final ultimate challenge much easier to complete in a reasonable timeframe. This one sucks, though, not excusing it at all.

Buttonbasher

Dec 4, 2017
Hope everyone is enjoying MP and enjoys campaign!
I'm having an absolute blast. The 350 multiplayer matches I've played have convinced me to play the campaign on Heroic the first time through, rather than Normal. It's been such a treat to be excited to play the new Halo WHILE PLAYING the new Halo. Congrats to all, and I can't wait to keep playing.

Buttonbasher

Dec 4, 2017
www.resetera.com

GameCheat13 (well known HALO modder) has a history of racist and anti-BLM posts. [UPDATE: No action taken from Microsoft or 343]

343 Industries recently has given well known Halo youtubers And members of its reclaimer program early access to the upcoming Halo 3 MCC port. A well known modder in the Halo community by the username GameCheat13 who is best known for his work on the well known Eldewrito project has recently...

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
www.resetera.com

GameCheat13 (well known HALO modder) has a history of racist and anti-BLM posts. [UPDATE: No action taken from Microsoft or 343]

343 Industries recently has given well known Halo youtubers And members of its reclaimer program early access to the upcoming Halo 3 MCC port. A well known modder in the Halo community by the username GameCheat13 who is best known for his work on the well known Eldewrito project has recently...
Oh damn that was him?? Fuckkkk that dude then.

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm Diamond 3 in the open ranked mode.

Platinum 3 in solo/duous queue.

Why have I been matched with golds (on my team more than than the oppostion) more than any other rank in this game since launch? I played 5 solo games last night, got battered in 3 of them because the rest of my team were gold players or unranked, yet the other team has 4 platinums. How does this happen so much? It's really infuriating.

Luckily, I don't lose too much (or any in some cases) rank level but it's annoying going into a game and seeing the gold players get 1-5 kills and 20 deaths, while barely even playing objective.

Gravemind IV

Nov 26, 2017
No level select at launch is disappointing to say the least. I wonder what the timelines are for that, raytracing etc. The things I would have suspected to be in there at launch considering the delay.

RdN

Oct 31, 2017
Gonna ask the big question here: do we know if changing regions to New Zeland will unlock the game sooner?

P40L0

Jun 12, 2018
Italy
Gonna miss launch time. I am home some hours later. Awell. I have two days off after that.
Well, it seems Campaign is around 60GB extra download on Series X (based on Game Pass info) with no predownload until launch date/time apparently.
Many will miss launch time too for this only reason...

Why not enabling predownload already?

Spirited

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden

1) A bit of a rant about the state of the game that has been launched
2) Commentary about the state of the game with comparisons to Fortnite
3) Criticism of the inability to replay missions
4) People talking about firefight
5) Metacommentary about Reddit rewards
6) Confusion about the in game item rewards
7) Discussion about the content stripped from the originally planned BP
8) Discussion of the imbalanced vehicle spawning in BTB
9) Cosplay
10) Criticism of the flaming helmet effect

This isn't a toxic wasteland. There is an undercurrent of absolute shit on Reddit as always but people here should stop acting as if it isn't reflecting genuine disappointment about the state of the game.
It very much is a toxic wasteland, I'm sorry if you don't see it but most do.

Coxy

Oct 28, 2017
Well, it seems Campaign is around 60GB extra download on Series X (based on Game Pass info) with no predownload until launch date/time apparently.

really? damn that sucks. Doesn't release till 6pm (UK) and then have to download 60GB??? Guess I'll be playing the day after then :(

Spirited

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
The superiority complex of ERA has always been weird to me, meanwhile ERA is being made fun off all the time in other places too because of course it is, we are on the internet after all. Reddit is just harder to moderate and there is no barrier to entry which makes it easier for people to troll. Yeah someone compares it to the holocaust, the person in question is downvoted, and then take those comments and pretend that they are reflective of the sub when the own sub is downvoting them is ridiculous. Most people won't even see them because they are downvoted. Im on the sub all the fucking time and i wouldn't have seen any of those comments if they wouldn't have been posted here. More people on ERA have seen those comments than people on the subreddit itself..

The superiority complex is not an exclusive thing on ERA, its everywhere on the Internet. Even inside ERA itself, if you spend time on the Off topic you know this, plenty of people there look down and talk shit about the gaming side of this forum.
The post about 343 gaslighting, yes gaslighting, the playerbase was one of the highest upvoted threads last week, the idiots aren't gettting universally downvoted. It's not as bad as the comments about the holocaust, of course, but you can be toxic without also being a nazi.

P40L0

Jun 12, 2018
Italy
really? damn that sucks. Doesn't release till 6pm (UK) and then have to download 60GB??? Guess I'll be playing the day after then :(
Yeah exactly.
I'm in Italy and will unlock at 7pm, so this means all Italians without a 1Gbit connection (the majority of them) won't be able to play it tomorrow evening but will need to wait for the day after, which sucks big time...

I still hope they will let pre-download it soon...

Mukrab

Apr 19, 2020
The post about 343 gaslighting, yes gaslighting, the playerbase was one of the highest upvoted threads last week, the idiots aren't gettting universally downvoted.
Does gaslighting not mean this? Gaslighting is a term that refers to trying to convince someone they're wrong about something even when they aren't.

What's the problem then? I can see why people would think that, this isn't comparable to the comments comparing it to the holocaust.

Spirited

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Does gaslighting not mean this? Gaslighting is a term that refers to trying to convince someone they're wrong about something even when they aren't.

What's the problem then? I can see why people would think that, this isn't comparable to the comments comparing it to the holocaust.
This is not gaslighting. If you think it is, I really don't want to argue with you. I added a part to make it clear I don't believe it to be equivalent to comparing it to the holocaust, but you can be toxic without doing that too.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
I left A ranked game AFTER someone had disconnected and the next game it was 3v4, left again, and I was banned. I was 1 win away from Onyx and with a bunch of leavers I've ended up mid Diamond 5 tonight, It's so disheartening. I really hope there's a patch real soon to fix shit like this.

if you play through 3v4s there's a good change your rank up rather than down, even if you lose. But if you quit you'll definitely rank down.

just food for thought. It sucks that you can't surrender when people quit.

Femme Man

Oct 28, 2017
Seeing some things about a campaign preload being live for Game Pass users. I'd check right now.
unknown.png

(Not my image.)

Mukrab

Apr 19, 2020
This is not gaslighting. If you think it is, I really don't want to argue with you. I added a part to make it clear I don't believe it to be equivalent to comparing it to the holocaust, but you can be toxic without doing that too.
I dont know what it means, thats why i asked. Thats the first time i even heard the word. I just googled it and thats what came up. What does it mean?

Karu

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I kind of just want to buy the Steam version for the campaign instead of GamePass, just to avoid the XBOX-app... but the money is a thing... mh

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017

Believe its 60gb total. Thats with MP included.
Personally not a issue for me thats 15 min download.

Status
Not open for further replies.