• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
This is so fucking true and why I can't get past 1500 in Onyx. How do people not know how to play the game still?

It isn't so much that being an issue, more so that players want to shoot and kill shit. And they can't shoot and kill shit when they have to carry the groceries.

It's why that other game mode (collect 15 bags of groceries in rounds of 3) is a clear-cut case of teammates just wanting to kill the enemy team and not wanting to deal with the objective. Because it's a chore, and no one wants to deal with that.

1 is the thicc boy, 2 is the smallest.

Okay, thank you for clarifying that.

I wanted to create a female spartain, so I might go with option 2.

AlaBaby

Jul 7, 2020
Does this game have an international realease on gamepass or is there a set time it releases for everyone?

Smash-It Stan

Oct 25, 2017
17 wins done super SUPER ez, like got 10 wins within 1.5 hours. Wanna know the secret?

3 games in a row 2 enemies quit at the same time, I figured they were in a party or something and left after dying too much. Next game same thing, 2 people left at the exact same time, now I wonder if there was a server issue and I was just dodging it by luck. 3rd game, this time THREE enemies leave, the last guy played for like 20 seconds and left, granting me the win.

Few games after that I'm getting teammates and enemies that are on their 10-20th game, their ignoring the flag and oddball literally outright, like they are just running past me in oddball to go fight. Had a CTF game where enemy wasn't even sitting on their flag to return it. Like, they are STANDING STILL and shooting when they would pick up the BR, I kept checking to see if they were bots and they weren't.

I have no idea what I did to get these games but bless up 343, weekly challenge done with absolutely zero effort. I didn't even have to cheese the game mode selection, after the first couple games I was just insta queing cause games were ending in under 6 minutes. The SBMM is totally borked if there even is any, I don't know what to think after my huge streak of incredibly easy wins. I can't even brag because I'm usually the guy going 0-7-1 in slayer every game so this was a weird change of pace.

Nida

Aug 31, 2019
Everett, Washington
It isn't so much that being an issue, more so that players want to shoot and kill shit. And they can't shoot and kill shit when they have to carry the groceries.

It's why that other game mode (collect 15 bags of groceries in rounds of 3) is a clear-cut case of teammates just wanting to kill the enemy team and not wanting to deal with the objective. Because it's a chore, and no one wants to deal with that.

Okay, thank you for clarifying that.

I wanted to create a female spartain, so I might go with option 2.

I oddly like to be the one that carries the groceries. I wish the game had more things for people who aren't the best at actually shooting to do. I like spotting because I feel like I'm helping out my team.

Trey

Oct 25, 2017
7 straight ctf games in QP and not a CTF challenge in sight lmao

im just going to ignore the battle pass and progression entirely and hope game quality increases once other players get bored of their challenges too

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
I oddly like to be the one that carries the groceries. I wish the game had more things for people who aren't the best at actually shooting to do. I like spotting because I feel like I'm helping out my team.

You know, I thought I would like that game mode to carry the power cores back to base, but when your teammates are off a million miles away trying (and repeatedly failing) to spawn camp the enemy team and it's just you and one (maybe two) other guys that are trying to get the cores back to base, you know things are bleak when the enemy team are almost close to victory and you're struggling to complete the second row.

I get that this is a team-based game, but it's hard to co-ordinate anything when everyone is off doing their own thing. It's why I wish there is a dedicated Slayer and Objective playlists that could help this.

Trey

Oct 25, 2017
random weapon spawns have got to go too. have games with vehicles and zero counterplay because the power weapon spawns can be camped by the vehicles you can't do anything about

mudron

Feb 13, 2020
Dumb question, but I have the base game installed and can play multiplayer right now - is there a way to download and preload the campaign right now, or are we all gonna be stuck fighting each other for downloads come Wednesday morning?

DarthWalden

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I finished all my challenges and went from Diamond 2 to Diamond 4.

Productful night.

I love this game.
I honestly feel like the campaign is going to be a letdown compared to the greatness of this multiplayer.

mudron

Feb 13, 2020

going_to_die_indiana_jones.gif

neemmss

Oct 27, 2017
Got this weeks challenges done, but I'm done with this challenges system. It has taken a fun game from me and made it into work basically. That CTF kill enemy returning the flag, 10 cindershot kills, and 17 wins one can go to hell.

And the cherry on top was after I finished the CTF challenge, 80% of my games became CTF. Where when I had the CTF challenge it was under 10%.

Just going to keep playing the game without challenges on my mind.

Apr 30, 2019
What is with this trend of forcing console players to play with PC? My team just got wall hacked hard. Shit was blatant and everyone called him out. I've never experienced blatant cheating in a halo game since halo freakin 2.

Deleted member 8166

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Got this weeks challenges done, but I'm done with this challenges system. It has taken a fun game from me and made it into work basically. That CTF kill enemy returning the flag, 10 cindershot kills, and 17 wins one can go to hell.

And the cherry on top was after I finished the CTF challenge, 80% of my games became CTF. Where when I had the CTF challenge it was under 10%.

Just going to keep playing the game without challenges on my mind.
This is what I'll do. 17 wins can take such a long time and it sucks out every little bit of fun.

tootsi666

Dec 13, 2018
No idea why 343i thought making a ranking system that prioritizes kills/deaths over wins/losses was a good idea. It shouldn't be surprise that people don't want to hold the ball in ranked

NewErakid

Jan 17, 2018
So I ended up buying a nice little budget gaming laptop this last black Friday, allowing me to dive into a little PC gaming for the first time in my life and I started with halo since it was free to play.

I'm definitely enjoying it but I agree with folks saying that not being able to customize your playlist really takes a lot of the fun out of the game. CTF is just not a fun game mode to me and every time I'm forced to play that mode I wanna just quit the game.

Iztok

Oct 27, 2017
This is so fucking true and why I can't get past 1500 in Onyx. How do people not know how to play the game still?

Maybe if they put in a Slayer playlist?
Or is that in already, heard it was missing.
Force people into objective modes and watch them ignore the objective.

I do think they have a lot of tuning to do to incetivize players to actually play as intended, however.

Deleted member 8166

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Abrasion Test

Oct 27, 2017
The 17 games challenge should have been just completed. Not this win thing.
The ultimate weekly challenge every week causes me an unreasonable amount of stress. It's definitely not having the intended effect of keeping progression from feeling like a job. I usually don't rage at losing as long as I play decently and stay competitive, but this definitely gets me pissed.

Deleted member 16894

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I left A ranked game AFTER someone had disconnected and the next game it was 3v4, left again, and I was banned. I was 1 win away from Onyx and with a bunch of leavers I've ended up mid Diamond 5 tonight, It's so disheartening. I really hope there's a patch real soon to fix shit like this.

Rodelero

Oct 27, 2017
I popped into the subreddit for a second to see how everyone handled being sent to their rooms without dinner this weekend, and basically nothing has changed haha

What is your actual problem with what is being said on the subreddit, other than the fact that they aren't as positive about the game as you?

Had you considered that the negativity in the subreddit reflects that a lot of people are disappointed and angry at what 343i has launched, and disillusioned at the dubious explanations coming from 343i themselves?

KillLaCam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Seoul
The theatre doesn't sync properly to player perspective depending on the lag, so it will look weird in general. I wouldn't count on it being reliable to spot cheating.
I was mostly looking for obvious wallhack people. Cuz there was one guy who knew where I was at all times even if I was sneaking invisibly on the other side of the map

Ramirez

Oct 26, 2017
What is your actual problem with what is being said on the subreddit, other than the fact that they aren't as positive about the game as you?

Had you considered that the negativity in the subreddit reflects that a lot of people are disappointed and angry at what 343i has launched, and disillusioned at the dubious explanations coming from 343i themselves?

They're comparing it to the Holocaust. 🤦🏻‍♂️

V23

Oct 27, 2017

Rodelero

Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (1 Week): Dismissive Commentary
They're comparing it to the Holocaust. 🤦🏻‍♂️

'They' are not a single entity any more than we are. You are being incredibly dismissive of the people on that subreddit. The hot threads there, which reflect what the bulk of the community thinks is worth seeing, are not some toxic disaster.

1) A bit of a rant about the state of the game that has been launched
2) Commentary about the state of the game with comparisons to Fortnite
3) Criticism of the inability to replay missions
4) People talking about firefight
5) Metacommentary about Reddit rewards
6) Confusion about the in game item rewards
7) Discussion about the content stripped from the originally planned BP
8) Discussion of the imbalanced vehicle spawning in BTB
9) Cosplay
10) Criticism of the flaming helmet effect

This isn't a toxic wasteland. There is an undercurrent of absolute shit on Reddit as always but people here should stop acting as if it isn't reflecting genuine disappointment about the state of the game.

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
This isn't a toxic wasteland. There is an undercurrent of absolute shit on Reddit as always but people here should stop acting as if it isn't reflecting genuine disappointment about the state of the game.

While I do think they can be a bit too negative (I mean, I think the same of Era, so whatever...i'm a positive person!!!), they do produce some good chuckles.

Like the one in the "Review Roundup":

SnooDucks9972: "Reddit: 0/10"

MrTuddles: "Halo infinite killed my family."

Vindikus: "343 torched my car."

XCalibur672: "343 poisoned our water supply, burned our crops, and delivered a plague unto our houses!"

maxc206: "They did?!?"

Asdeev_Drago: "No, but are we just gonna wait around until they do?"

maxc206: "I say we tip something over!"

Status
Not open for further replies.