• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I'm 115 matches into the game and I still struggle with power weapon spawns. That's a great suggestion, though.
It's not as power weapon :p

It's spawns on a regular rack. On Highpower it is often right up the stairs of the base on the rack next to the BR/Commando, if it's there you get a free Wasp defense spawn! Hardly anyone takes it, too.

(There is also one inside the base on Fragmentation on the wall that spawns very often, it's good vs vehicles in general).

There are places it spawns on other maps, but these are the most reliable I've found.

Oct 30, 2017
It's not as power weapon :p

It's spawns on a regular rack. On Highpower it is often right up the stairs of the base on the rack next to the BR/Commando, if it's there you get a free Wasp defense spawn! Hardly anyone takes it, too.

(There is also one inside the base on Fragmentation on the wall that spawns very often, it's good vs vehicles in general).

There are places it spawns on other maps, but these are the most reliable I've found.
🥴

I guess I'm always learning! Thanks for the pointers.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Can the dynamo grenade disable flying vehicles if you throw it close enough? I've tried that multiple times when combating a Wasp and it never triggers. I wonder if it's the AoE just isn't large enough?

Anyone ever have success with it?

I also think that you should have some invulnerability if you're able to grapple onto a flying vehicle. Nothing worse than getting within arm's reach of jacking a Wasp only to get absolutely shredded. I swear the Wasp in Halo 5 sucked so much ass and Infinite's is like a god machine.

It does work but your throwing arc isn't likely to hit it unless they're flying really low.

The sniper 3 shots wasps, if you hold it for that they can't really do anything.

Barneystuta

Nov 4, 2017
I've got 3 skewere and 2 back smacks left on my weekly challenges.

What is the extra weekly to unlock the item, anyone know?

Mukrab

Apr 19, 2020
I really hope we gett some word from 343 today regarding the launch. What does it mean to be im beta? They said we had all maps and game modes, FFA is not a game mode so will we have that? Is this the final UI or just what was ready from previous flight? Will lobbies be a thing? Will we finally be able to see our stats? Thif being a beta implies that there will be some sort of day one patch.

99humanity

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty desperate for a new map or at least a new map/mode combination in ranked. Take out behemoth and replace it with... anything

99humanity

Oct 25, 2017
4-16, lost the game for my team, can't hit anything anymore for some reason!
18-7 the very next game lol

Last edited:

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Well, initially I was a bit annoyed about people complaining about the battle pass and the challenges...but you can officially add to me team "ChallengesFuckingSuck"

I have a challenge - 10 kills with the heatwave

I played 12-13 matches of Quick play and not a single one had a heatwave in them. After another game or too I get bazaar with the heatwave spawn under the central tower!

Guess what!? Yep - that's right - the other team were super good and just rand around the map as a unit making it really difficult to get kills.

So after genuinely 15 games I have 2 of 10 kills done. It's total bullshit.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
btb is my goto to farm almost all my challenges. they don't know if youre playing objectives or not anyways. not that it would matter since theres like 11 other people on the team to do that. now im down to just playing 4v4 so i can control my wins now.

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
btb is my goto to farm almost all my challenges. they don't know if youre playing objectives or not anyways. not that it would matter since theres like 11 other people on the team to do that. now im down to just playing 4v4 so i can control my wins now.

Same, same.

I realised 15 Wins in BTB is too crazy and too long.

Atleast matches in 4v4 are quicker.

I am also doing Ranked as I realised people might want to win harder in Ranked!

Gold VI and rising!

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Played a few rounds of this last night, first Halo I've played since Reach, I think?

I'm having a ton of fun so far and am really impressed. The only thing I don't like is the cosmetics? Everyone needs to be in Red or Blue armor, for game readability reasons. Instead they're all mostly gray but sometimes its other random bullshit that doesn't fit a team aesthetic.

The player outlines aren't enough when everything gets frantic, which I think they might know since it seems friendly fire is turned off?

oriic

Prophet of Truth - Press
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Hungary
Played a few rounds of this last night, first Halo I've played since Reach, I think?

I'm having a ton of fun so far and am really impressed. The only thing I don't like is the cosmetics? Everyone needs to be in Red or Blue armor, for game readability reasons. Instead they're all mostly gray but sometimes its other random bullshit that doesn't fit a team aesthetic.

The player outlines aren't enough when everything gets frantic, which I think they might know since it seems friendly fire is turned off?
There is friendly fire, but only in ranked mode.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, ok. I've only played BTB so that makes sense. That used to have friendly fire in previous titles right? It's been a while so maybe I'm misremembering.
I'm glad it's off. It might have been rare, but having a team mate back slap you to take your sniper was always bloody annoying.

You can also change the colour of the outlines in the UI or Accessibility menus, there are others colours that might work better for you.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I'm glad it's off. It might have been rare, but having a team mate back slap you to take your sniper was always bloody annoying.

You can also change the colour of the outlines in the UI or Accessibility menus, there are others colours that might work better for you.
Can you make them thicker? I thought they mostly worked fine from a distance, where the outline to silhouette ratio is pretty high, but at a close range they aren't very helpful.
It just occurred to me that I haven't played BTB yet since the technical preview. Just been sticking to Ranked mostly. How is it?
BTB Slayer matches all end up like 100-40, doesn't seem very balanced.

The mode where you are trying to steal seeds is pretty great, that's my favorite so far.

Rodelero

Oct 27, 2017
Can you make them thicker? I thought they mostly worked fine from a distance, where the outline to silhouette ratio is pretty high, but at a close range they aren't very helpful.

I don't believe you can, no. Definitely agree that it's a bit unfortunate, I've had more than a few instances of not seeing someone as quickly as I should, or assuming someone is a teammate, when quite close.

shan780

The Fallen
Nov 2, 2017
UK
I am getting a surprising number of kills while holding the ball by just standing right around corners and ambushing people

Youngfossil

Oct 27, 2017

BTB Slayer matches all end up like 100-40, doesn't seem very balanced.

The mode where you are trying to steal seeds is pretty great, that's my favorite so far.
I played a Slayer BTB last night that ended at 94-100

Apr 25, 2020
I've grown to dislike Total Control in recent times. The locations the flags spawn tend to heavily favor one side or the other. They're almost never accessible to both teams at once.

Rndom Grenadez

Prophet of Truth
Dec 7, 2017
Considering an average match is, what, 15 to 20 minutes including matchmaking and load-in time, that's roughly a little over four hours of playtime total, and that's at the end of the weekly challenges. Considering I play about an hour a day at the most, that's pretty much impossible for me to achieve in a week.

Jeez.
What matches are you playing that are 15-20?!?! Average Halo match is 10-12

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Lost an Oddball match 1-2 with 99-100 on the final round.

50 XP for over 20 minutes of play.

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
Haven't seen strongholds since the reset. It's the only challenge I have left…

Kinda shook.

edit: last 33 quickplay matches.. not a single time the strongholds gamemode.

CoolRanchLuke

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The relationship with the battle pass has completely soured me on this game lol, I'm not even playing to win or lose anymore i'm just running around looking for guns and match modes to progress

Barneystuta

Nov 4, 2017
1 more back smack. Still need 3 skewers - not even picked one up in a long time.

I assume BTB is the best for trying to get them? Every time I head to a power weapon spawn it's a sniper.

Edit: All I needed was to pray to the RNG gods. Found a Skewer, got 3 kills with it. Now just one back smack to go!

Last edited:

Demon_Ice

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 18, 2021
41 on the Battle Pass and got the Ultimate done for this week.

pretty easy week in terms of challenges and ultimate tbh

HonestAbe

May 19, 2020
Feels good to comeback on a stronghold game. Feels bad when you're winning in oddball at 99 points and then lose because your teammates don't pick up the ball as they watched you die from nade spam.

c043y

Oct 25, 2017
any tips to improve performance/stuttering? I have an RTX 3080 with an i7 8700k and I can hit 144 FPS but it certainly doesn't feel like it.

I've experimented with min/max refresh rate, low vs high/ultra settings, closing everything else running on my computer, uninstalling an reinstalling, tried Nvidea's new drivers yesterday.. it's so frustrating.

99humanity

Oct 25, 2017
any tips to improve performance/stuttering? I have an RTX 3080 with an i7 8700k and I can hit 144 FPS but it certainly doesn't feel like it.

I've experimented with min/max refresh rate, low vs high/ultra settings, closing everything else running on my computer, uninstalling an reinstalling, tried Nvidea's new drivers yesterday.. it's so frustrating.
You probably tried this already but set both min and max fps to your monitor's refresh rate

Rndom Grenadez

Prophet of Truth
Dec 7, 2017
See you next week. :)

Nice. I'm only at level 57 myself and 5 wins into the weekly ultimate. But I also didn't get the 25 level jump.

Honestly I like that the weekly ultimate challenge isn't always a cake walk. It makes that Willow Tea or emblem (or whatever you get) feel earned.

I don't really get the "not having time". I work a full time job as an Academic Dean of Mathematics, have a wife, two kids and a plethora of other things on my plate at any given moment. I don't know maybe it's just me but it doesn't seem like such a lift.

OmarTheHippo

Oct 27, 2017
I don't really get the "not having time". I work a full time job as an Academic Dean of Mathematics, have a wife, two kids and a plethora of other things on my plate at any given moment. I don't know maybe it's just me but it doesn't seem like such a lift.
Having a stable well paying full time job and a stable partner to help raise the kids are both things that allow people *more* free time...

russbus64

May 1, 2018
Sad to say I had 2 out of 3 CTF wins but decided to use two challenge swaps as I had no luck getting a third win all day yesterday. At least now my final challenge (before the capstone) is completing 6 ranked matches.

AndrewDean84

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fontana, California
I only have 4 challenges s left

win slayer in pvp
Complete 3 slayer matches in pvp
Win 3 stockpile in pvp

Then whatever the ultimate challenge is.

Karu

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Just get to kill 15 spartans with the battle rifle and then I can finally grind the Ultimate Challenge, woo - my weekend plans figured out. =D

KillLaCam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Seoul
Holy shit m+kb que has so many blatant hackers . In cross play I might just think someone is sus every once in a while, but in mouse they aren't even trying to hide it.

hwalker84

Oct 29, 2017
Pittsburgh
Feels good to comeback on a stronghold game. Feels bad when you're winning in oddball at 99 points and then lose because your teammates don't pick up the ball as they watched you die from nade spam.
Same thing happened to me. 5 seconds left vs less than 10 for them. 3 of us died killing 4 of the others. The rando just stood there over the ball waiting for them. Well the first ones to spawn were the opponent as some of them died before us. They rushed the ball and killed him and we couldn't get back in time. I did send him a message and he was like "I'm sorry realized after I died that I screwed us. Smoked way too much weed".

Status
Not open for further replies.