• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 30, 2017
Tanks and Wasps need to have their HP reduced. Warthogs, Ghosts, and Banshees are balanced really well in my opinion. But the Wasp and Tank are frustratingly difficult to destroy.

OP
OP
iFirez

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
Tanks and Wasps need to have their HP reduced. Warthogs, Ghosts, and Banshees are balanced really well in my opinion. But the Wasp and Tank are frustratingly difficult to destroy.
It took... 5? I think, shots from the Skewer to start the destruction alarm on a Scorpion tank in a BTB match yesterday. If the Skewer is meant to be the sort of Spartan Lazer replacement, 5 shots is way too high.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
because killing them in two shots is faster than killing them in 4 or waiting for a grenade fuse.
I'd rather take 4 shots I know are going to hit versus one shot that is super unreliable and then at least one more shot to finish the job. In the time it takes the pulse carbine shot to travel when used at the "effective" distance you can at least get two BR shots in.

If the pulse carbine had Halo 2 PP levels of tracking this would be a very different discussion though.

Oct 25, 2017
It took... 5? I think, shots from the Skewer to start the destruction alarm on a Scorpion tank in a BTB match yesterday. If the Skewer is meant to be the sort of Spartan Lazer replacement, 5 shots is way too high.
I agree. With damage to vehicles being more compartmentalized (eg. warthog tires being blown off), there might just be a sweet spot where skewers kill tanks in less hits, but I haven't played around with it enough to find out.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
I'd rather take 4 shots I know are going to hit versus one shot that is super unreliable and then at least one more shot to finish the job. In the time it takes the pulse carbine shot to travel when used at the "effective" distance you can at least get two BR shots in.

If the pulse carbine had Halo 2 PP levels of tracking this would be a very different discussion though.

you don't have to wait for the pulse carbine to travel to start firing your BR.

at best, the person is dead in the time it take to pull the trigger twice. If you miss the plasma, then it's just a normal BR fight , but you have a 1 burst advantage.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
you don't have to wait for the pulse carbine to travel to start firing your BR.

at best, the person is dead in the time it take to pull the trigger twice. If you miss the plasma, then it's just a normal BR fight , but you have a 1 burst advantage.
And they likely have an effective back up and you don't. It's not rare for a BR fight to end with both players needing to relaod and one pulling out a pistol or whatever to finish off.

Oct 25, 2017
330836b42873cdcfe913057bfc5fb205.jpg
PSA: There's two more Halo posters from Mondo going on sale in about a half hour.
gizmodo.com

Halo Infinite Is Set To Explode Off Your Walls (and Record Player)

io9 has the exclusive first look at new Halo Infinite posters coming from Mondo, as well as the release of the new Microsoft game's official soundtrack on vinyl from the company, with new artwork of Xbox icon Master Chief from artist Ken Taylor.

They're always hard to get, but video game posters tend to stay on sale for a while extra minute or two longer than movie posters do. Good luck!

DimpleSan

Jun 16, 2020
Why are frag grenades so impotent in this game? Almost every time I use one it just makes me frustrated, doesn't do what I intend unless I get lucky. It was one of the most fun parts of classic Halo games. The blast radius, damage, sound are all wrong. One of Halo's defining features was making grenades as important as weapons, and a bad frag grenade hurts the game for me. Luckily the plasma grenade still feels good.

Trup1aya

Oct 25, 2017
And they likely have an effective back up and you don't. It 'a not rare for a BR fight to end with both players needing to relaod and one pulling out a pistol to finish off.

yeah, if I go through a whole BR clip, and don't kill a person that I had the drop on, then I deserve to die.. Pulse Carbine or not.

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else killing themselves with rockets more than ever?

I sware self damage from rockets is more than enemy damage sometimes.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
PSA: There's two more Halo posters from Mondo going on sale in about a half hour.
gizmodo.com

io9 has the exclusive first look at new Halo Infinite posters coming from Mondo, as well as the release of the new Microsoft game's official soundtrack on vinyl from the company, with new artwork of Xbox icon Master Chief from artist Ken Taylor.

They're always hard to get, but video game posters tend to stay on sale for a while extra minute or two longer than movie posters do. Good luck!

only 120 some posters, this is stupid for partnered release and what bugs me about shit like Mondo. The main reason print runs were so low on prints like these was often to avoid issue with licenses and getting around rights by being super limited. They have no reason they can't print a ton of these other than their usual BS of keeping their shit valuable.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
yeah, if I go through a whole BR clip, and don't kill a person that I had the drop on, then I deserve to die.. Pulse Carbine or not.
Not necessarily, no, there's so many variables that could cause it to happen. They're great at strafing, their own good aim throws you and makes you concentrate on strafing more, terrain differences, etc...

Then there are other situations like another player popping up near you after you have spent half your BR to kill one, and you don't have time to reload, and all you have to switch to is you PC... which is a situation that will come up very often.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Literally everyone knows the Pulse Carbine sucks. It's the worst weapon in the game right now.
there have been a few people trying to make its case... but I have yet to see sustained footage of someone using it in a way that would be consistent enough to support the idea it is good.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
Why are frag grenades so impotent in this game? Almost every time I use one it just makes me frustrated, doesn't do what I intend unless I get lucky. It was one of the most fun parts of classic Halo games. The blast radius, damage, sound are all wrong. One of Halo's defining features was making grenades as important as weapons, and a bad frag grenade hurts the game for me. Luckily the plasma grenade still feels good.

Yea grenades feel so inconsistent and all over the place in this. Blasts right next to a person clearly and they walk away just fine and barely damaged? While sometimes it feels like it's an instant kill from far away

chipperrip

Jan 29, 2019
Oh man I hate the drop wall. The shields might as well be made of paper, it comes out too slow, shooting the base gets rid of it all together. Its usefulness in comparison to the other equipment in this game feels minimal.

I miss the Halo 3 bubble shield, which was effectively an invitation to Thunderdome

I've been using the drop wall as a lite repulser. It can really help defend against nade spam and block rockets and skewers.

Say you have oddball on streets, you can dump a wall by entrances in that corner room with the counter everyone likes to hide behind to safeguard an angle from spam.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I disagree a bit. The skewer feels a lot more available than the Spartan laser and is easier to aim and fire. A tank would never last if 1 or 2 skewers took it out.

Maybe it could be 4 rather than 5 IDK.

I got in a brand new tank and got killed by the opposing 4 spartans in like 30 seconds...although now I think back that was probably fiesta mode.

chipperrip

Jan 29, 2019
No that's the Ravager. The Pulse Carbine is not great but at least it melts people if you use it at the proper distance.

I'd still say PC. Any other weapon does at least as good of a job in that homeopathic vibration zone it theoretically works. The ravager is at the least good support in objectives; you dump a good charged shot and it helps everyone in the engagement, and can be bounced off walls or out of range and such so it's not "competing" with other weapons in certain situations.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I'd still say PC. Any other weapon does at least as good of a job in that homeopathic vibration zone it theoretically works. The ravager is at the least good support in objectives; you dump a good charged shot and it helps everyone in the engagement.
Tickling the enemy is technically help, I'll give you that.

nath999

May 7, 2018
No that's the Ravager. The Pulse Carbine is not great but at least it melts people if you use it at the proper distance.

I've actually got more kills with the Ravager than the Pulse Carbine. I couldn't even get two kills with the carbine on a 1/10 challenge but was able to get 5/5 Ravager kills.

Dec 4, 2017
Brazil
Challenges combined with a fomo item really destroy the game to me.
I can only care about completing this stuff, I don't care about the objective. If I need to get three oddball kills I actively get into fights with the ball, don't support other carriers because I need them to die. Quit games because I can't do the challenge there or wait at a weapon rack until tje weapon spawns..
Begone evil spirit

R dott B

Oct 27, 2017
gizmodo.com

Noice snagged Halo Infinite: Forever We Fight (Portrait) Poster

Trup1aya

Oct 25, 2017

does it take longer to ready rockets now?

I think I suicide more because it takes so long to ready, that the enemy closes distance when before I woulda killed them and kept moving.

probably me just getting old

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017

the only time i do is when im already low on health and they are in my face
because if its one of those games where 1 kill matters and our team already in the lead. im okay with sacrificing myself.

Trup1aya

Oct 25, 2017
Not necessarily, no, there's so many variables that could cause it to happen. They're great at strafing, their own good aim throws you and makes you concentrate on strafing more, terrain differences, etc...

Then there are other situations like another player popping up near you after you have spent half your BR to kill one, and you don't have time to reload, and all you have to switch to is you PC... which is a situation that will come up very often.

all of these scenarios considered, if it takes me it takes me a whole BR clip to kill someone that I had the drop on, and I fail to kill them, that's on me, regardless of what my second weapon is. Especially if I could have completely stripped their shields before they knew I was their.

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
won a slayer match with 27 kills

i dont think one player should account for more than 50% of the kils, but i dont think the matchmaking is that good.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
all of these scenarios considered, if it takes me it takes me a whole BR clip to kill someone that I had the drop on, and I fail to kill them, that's on me, regardless of what my second weapon is. Especially if I could have completely stripped their shields before they knew I was their.
Not if they are very good at strsfing after the initial hit, no.

And again.. the situation where more players appear as you finish off the first haopens /all the time/. If you have the PC you have nothing to fall back on if they are too close. If you have a better weapon, you do.

Trup1aya

Oct 25, 2017
Not if they are very good at strsfing after the initial hit, no.

And again.. the situation where more players appear as you finish off the first haopens /all the time/. If you have the PC you have nothing to fall back on if they are too close. If you have a better weapon, you do.

if they are THAT good at strafing then I've just gotten handily outplayed.

having a more versatile weapon as a backup could surely help salvage that situation… but the risk you take picking up niche weapons is that you'll execute when the time comes because you have no fall back.

like if you are in a mid-range fight and all you have is a sword or a shotgun your back pocket… well, you better land your BR shots

astro

Oct 25, 2017
if they are THAT good at strafing then I've just gotten handily outplayed.

having a more versatile weapon as a backup could surely help salvage that situation… but the risk you take picking up niche weapons is that you'll execute when the time comes because you have no fall back.

like if you are in a mid-range fight and all you have is a sword or a shotgun your back pocket… well, you better land your BR shots
Yes, but you would have had more of a chance vs someone like that with a better weapon, which is the point.

The fact is you will very regularly find yourself with other enemies near you after a kill, and while you might occasionally make the PC work it's going to put you in this common situation where you don't have a reliable back up to switch to and... you die because of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.