• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EYEL1NER

Oct 26, 2017
I was having fun playing a few matches, even with them being losses, but I'm so frustrated by the last one that I'm done for the day. A game of Oddball where my teammates seemed to be afraid of the ball; they just would not pick it up, instead focusing on getting kills.

We denominated the first round thanks to me having the ball for the bulk of the time and keeping it, and them running interference and defending me, and then they just decided to not play the objective on rounds two or three. One player on my team, a real human player, had zero seconds holding the ball, while a bot on my team held the ball for at least forty seconds.

Somehow I had the most time as carrier by far, the most kills, the most carrier kills, the most kills as carrier, the most assists, and the second-higher KDR. And I'm shit at the game. Like, if you are going to ignore the objective to go off slayin'' you better be good at that, but nope.

Should have been an easy win.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
It would be understandable if it was just that, but it definitely isn't. Call of Duty 4 is one of the most rewarding shooters ever in terms of XP and unlocks (it set the tone for modern trends), and there were still people that didn't give a shit about objectives even back then and no amount of convincing or shaming or anything else would motivate them otherwise. K/D is just too much of an immediate dopamine fix, win or loss.

Correct. But this isn't helped by the fact that in all of the current playlists, 80% of your matches are going to be infested with objective gametypes and thus the people who WANT to play objective matches are getting saddled by people who don't care about objectives, and people who don't care about objectives are getting sorted PRIMARILY into matches where they're going to play the game wrong just to have fun.

The current playlists are just broken. Their current state is such that nobody gets to be happy.

I was having fun playing a few matches, even with them being losses, but I'm so frustrated by the last one that I'm done for the day. A game of Oddball where my teammates seemed to be afraid of the ball; they just would not pick it up, instead focusing on getting kills.

We denominated the first round thanks to me having the ball for the bulk of the time and keeping it, and them running interference and defending me, and then they just decided to not play the objective on rounds two or three. One player on my team, a real human player, had zero seconds holding the ball, while a bot on my team held the ball for at least forty seconds.

Somehow I had the most time as carrier by far, the most kills, the most carrier kills, the most kills as carrier, the most assists, and the second-higher KDR. And I'm shit at the game. Like, if you are going to ignore the objective to go off slayin'' you better be good at that, but nope.

Should have been an easy win.

This is how a lot of oddball matches go for me - people actively kill the ball carrier, and then fucking walk away instead of picking the ball up.

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
When are they fixing the sound bug with some 7.1 headsets where the back channel is completely gone and you cant hear anything behind you? My SO has that bug on her Logitech headphones and from what I can find there has been posts about it since 2 months ago on reddit.

105-Shake

Aug 13, 2020
Being down 0-2 in Capture the Flag then coming back to take the win...there's no other feeling like it. My heart was pounding the whole time I was taking the last enemy flag back to our base

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Wanting 1 more CTF Win and 1 Stockpile Win...

...it's either Total Control or my Team suck and we lose. 😭

WJD

Nov 4, 2017
Another day where ranked matchmaking is a fucking bust. How is this thing even calculated?

nath999

May 7, 2018
I tried a used rockstar code and it is indeed a one time use. So the Chipotle ones are multi use.

Mattmo831

Featuring Mattmo831 from the Apple v Epic case
Oct 26, 2020
You can now redeem 100 chipotle rewards points for 5 challenge swaps

I have 2000 points

do I get 100 challenge swaps or 2 free burritos 🤔🤔🤔

Jan 4, 2018
Time to get sweaty, I guess.

unknown.png

Gravemind IV

Nov 26, 2017
My gameplay just sucks in the evening. Nothing works, enemies are walking directly on top of my nades and it maybe pops their shield. Meanwhile I either get vaporized by one not even near me or it literally has a direct trajectory for my head after bouncing through an entire obstacle course.

Barneystuta

Nov 4, 2017
My challenges right now...

Stick and kill 5 Spartans
15 Commando Kills
10 Skewer kills.

Damn - gonna be a long week!

Karu

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The weapon challenges are so frustrating when they don't register. I get a medal for 5 shotgun (Bulldog) kills, but only register 3 kills for my challenge. Ugh.

LaneDS

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, yesterday I crashed 5 games in a row even when I restarted my PC in between. I played the rest of the night on Xbox. Today it's working flawlessly again like it did the first two weeks.

That is super bizarre. I haven't had time to play yet today but now want to see if things are smooth again.

TheRed

Oct 31, 2017
The only solution is to impose harsh penalties on quitters, but that comes with its own drawback of punishing people who DC. They really can't win in this regard.
Add a rejoin option at least, it's that simple. The game has crashed on me a couple times or randomly dc'd me from the server even though I'm still online talking to everyone, but nope I can't rejoin and they have to play out the 3v4 loss.
I wish every multiplayer game had all the features something like Dota 2 has, these problems have literally been solved for years.
If they don't rejoin in a couple minutes then they get penalized. I wouldn't even be against a pause system just like dota but that likely won't ever happen.

NowhereFaded

Nov 11, 2017
Ridgefield, Wa
So let me this straight, if I buy 2 4-packs of rockstar, I'll be covered on the rockstar rewards? I don't drink the stuff but I really like the gold Colorway of the rewards. Thanks

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Friendly reminder that the restrictive customization via armor cores is almost entirely fabricated.

bszqzf3ddw281.png

Bots can mix and match combos that are technically impossible in the customization menu

Skywalker333

Senior Video Games Editor
Verified
Jun 9, 2020
Now that I am in the 2nd run of the campaign and I am no longer stressed with finishing it on time for a review, I started playing more multiplayer.
What a nice treat is this eh guys? In general, I don't play much multiplayer in FPSs these days (gone are the days from the old tournament days and nights in halo, counterstrike, unreal tournament, quake 3 etc), but I think the last time I had so much fun with a multiplayer mode was with a game it was with Halo 3.
It is just so much fun!
And while I don't care at all about the cosmetics, the levels or the achievements and I am just joining non stop quick play games for the fun of it, I am thinking of giving them 10 euros for the battle pass, just as a "well done guys" to 343!

Mattmo831

Featuring Mattmo831 from the Apple v Epic case
Oct 26, 2020
You can now redeem 100 chipotle rewards points for 5 challenge swaps

I have 2000 points

do I get 100 challenge swaps or 2 free burritos 🤔🤔🤔
wait

I just read somewhere that you can only redeem one code on halo waypoint and you wouldn't be able to redeem the rest. Is this true? Please let me know before I waste all my chipotle points

99humanity

Oct 25, 2017
Besides the bulldog ones not registering until I got like, 10 kills with it, easy challenges this week so far:
- 1 bulldog kill
- 1 bulldog kill
- 1 disruptor kill
- 1 shock rifle kill
- 15 battle rifle kills
- kill an enemy attacking your zone
- capture 1 flag
- play 3 matches

Feel I'll max the (free) pass well before 6 months is up but not at all intrigued about buying the paid pass still, really not much interesting there
But if you're really into the progression it feels like you'll run out of rewards with months left in the season?

Status
Not open for further replies.