• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeouter

Oct 27, 2017
Ireland
So, anyone else experiencing frequent crashes in this game? Haven't seen it being discussed much at all. So far this has been far less stable than BF2042 for me, not even kidding. Having a couple of crashes every evening. Had to stop playing ranked, and now I'm considering just shelving this for now. When it works, it's fantastic. But it just doesn't work very often :(
Had been stable (if not amazingly optimised) for me since the tech tests where it did crash reasonably often.
Maybe log a ticket, in case there is something about your config that is different to their test suite: https://support.halowaypoint.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Im not saying they shouldnt and i have been vocal about it since day one. What im saying is that if i was them i probably could have gotten away with it more easily. Not because im smart but solely on doing it like other games.
I should note that I wasn't directing that FOH to you lol, it was towards MS/343 for allowing this system.

HungryYellow

Alt account
Banned
Nov 11, 2021
Not everyone plays at that level. Watch halo pro players and many of them look like bots.
I'm not saying he's a bot or has hacks... But look at his kill after the killtrocity at 30 seconds. Watch in slowmo. How the hell does the reticle just snap to the enemy like that? I can't do that shit on controller, doesn't even look possible. That looks like a mouse movement.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not saying he's a bot or has hacks... But look at his kill after the killtrocity at 30 seconds. Watch in slowmo. How the hell does the reticle just snap to the enemy like that? I can't do that shit on controller, doesn't even look possible. That looks like a mouse movement.
It doesn't... watch it at the slowest speed on YT. There is nothing snappy bout it. His reflexes after seeing a person are just hot.

Neverx

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Sep 17, 2020
Florida
I have an extra chipotle code for the challenge swaps if anyone wants: XTQE-99G2-RWUX-4363-X44Z

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I will always fight against the AR. 343 (and lets be honest, bungie too) have always tried to shoehorn their AR starts into the game. I think its just an extremely boring weapon to fight against and to use yourself. It was better when it was a close range shredder. With the headshot damage the kill times feel wildly inconsistent due to bullet spread. It's fairly common to get reversals with it just because your bullets landed in a luckier pattern.

What the game needs ASAP is more playlist variety.

Ranked needs a doubles playlist asap.
Social needs a BR starts playlist (and social doubles)
Infection and swat for the normies.
I'd kill for a BTB classic playlist. I think their "all out warfare" btb thing is a failure. Toss behemoth and Launch site in there. You can easily make one flag modes out of high power as well.
More mode-map combos too.

Season 1 is not half baked. The oven hasn't even finished preheating yet. it's completely embarrassing for this studio and for a game this delayed.

Gravemind IV

Nov 26, 2017
The stalker rifle feels like a different gun in every game. I don't get it.

The glare from snipers needs to be removed. I legit can't see where I am even aiming at.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I dunno, the fraction of a second before they start shooting, the reticle does a snap movement even at 0.25x speed. Maybe the video hitches or something.
Stare right through the reticle during that entire encounter, it doesn't snap at all, I think maybe the animations happening behind cause some kind of optical illusion there?

LaneDS

Oct 25, 2017
So, anyone else experiencing frequent crashes in this game? Haven't seen it being discussed much at all. So far this has been far less stable than BF2042 for me, not even kidding. Having a couple of crashes every evening. Had to stop playing ranked, and now I'm considering just shelving this for now. When it works, it's fantastic. But it just doesn't work very often :(

Oh, and to add to this, I got banned since the game crashed twice in ranked games today. I know this hasn't been the experience for most people, but this is probably now the most broken game I have ever played on release. This is on PC btw, hasn't had a single crash on Xbox.

This has happened to me on PC the first day the beta was released and then again yesterday. It's worked fine otherwise and is working well again today so I'm not really sure what the cause is.

Had three instances yesterday where the game just hung and I had to close the software. Prior to that it had happened before, albeit rarely, but yesterday it happened enough to where I just walked away from it. I think I had one immediate crash where the game just quietly and quickly shut itself down, but I had seen these hangs a bit beforehand. Nothing I've tried for fixes I've seen online has helped.

Windows 10
i9-9900k
2080 Ti on latest drivers

No issues with crashes in anything else I've tried recently either.

Jan 4, 2018
Downloaded the new driver, popped a 2XP booster, loaded into Ranked Arena, got a match on Bazaar, game immediately crashed while showing the team during the intro.

Letters

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
My last weekly left is to get 2 BTB wins. Seems like an impossible task, I'm always on the team that cares less about the objective.

bronxct1

Aug 20, 2020
Had three instances yesterday where the game just hung and I had to close the software. Prior to that it had happened before, albeit rarely, but yesterday it happened enough to where I just walked away from it. I think I had one immediate crash where the game just quietly and quickly shut itself down, but I had seen these hangs a bit beforehand. Nothing I've tried for fixes I've seen online has helped.

Windows 10
i9-9900k
2080 Ti on latest drivers

No issues with crashes in anything else I've tried recently either.
Yeah, yesterday I crashed 5 games in a row even when I restarted my PC in between. I played the rest of the night on Xbox. Today it's working flawlessly again like it did the first two weeks.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
My last weekly is to get 2 BTB wins. Seems like an impossible task, I'm always on the team that cares less about the objective.
I have two accounts, one for ranked and QP and one for messing around in BTB. My BTB account is 48% win rate, and I actively go for the objectives pretty much every time. I often have highest individual objective scores, there's not much more I could do. Sometimes my efforts feel like i've individually swung a game which is nice, but a lot of the time it feels futile.

I've asked people why they don't bother in a bunch of games, and I get "because you get nothing for it", "I'd play ranked if I cared", etc...

I think you need to either go in BTB with a group, or just make peace with it.

Fabtacular

Jul 11, 2019
Nobody wants a bot teammate.
I'd 100x rather have a bot than play a man down.

I get that it feels like dead weight because the bot's getting almost no kills and is getting killed quite frequently, but consider that playing 3v4 means that you or one of your teammates is getting 2v1'd, which isn't fun, and then immediately after you're getting slaughtered in a 2v4 situation.

At least with the bot some attention is called away from you and your human teammates.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I have two accounts, one for ranked and QP and one for messing around in BTB. My BTB account is 48% win rate, and I actively go for the objectives pretty much every time. I often have highest individual objective scores, there's not much more I could do. Sometimes my efforts feel like i've individually swung a game which is nice, but a lot of the time it feels futile.

I've asked people why they don't bother in a bunch of games, and I get "because you get nothing for it", "I'd play ranked if I cared", etc...

I think you need to either go in BTB with a group, or just make peace with it.

Yeah. It really feels like 343's insane focus on pushing objective gametypes does not mesh with how people are playing the game...partially because there is no reward for winning.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I'm talking about this snap. I think we're seeing two different things? This is at 0.25x speed and looks insanely fast for a controller movement.

Streamable link
It doesn't to me. Watching the entire video it looks like he's fine tuned his settings so he can make turns fast and is just very good at fine tuning his smaller movements.

This is the kind of thing that separates us from the pros.

oriic

Prophet of Truth - Press
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Hungary
Sorry if asked but what do the Rockstar cans give you in game?
halo_infinite_rewards.jpg

Bigfellahull

Prophet of Truth
Mar 6, 2018
It doesn't to me. Watching the entire video it looks like he's fine tuned his settings so he can make turns fast and is just very good at fine tuning his smaller movements.

This is the kind of thing that separates us from the pros.

Exactly! The dude is a world champion. Literally the best in the world at the game.

Apr 25, 2020
Yeah. It really feels like 343's insane focus on pushing objective gametypes does not mesh with how people are playing the game...partially because there is no reward for winning.

It would be understandable if it was just that, but it definitely isn't. Call of Duty 4 is one of the most rewarding shooters ever in terms of XP and unlocks (it set the tone for modern trends), and there were still people that didn't give a shit about objectives even back then and no amount of convincing or shaming or anything else would motivate them otherwise. K/D is just too much of an immediate dopamine fix, win or loss.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
Sure. But even that first shell reload isn't exactly fast enough to save you in a firefight if you don't kill them with the initial clip, which almost never happens.

well if you try to reload in the middle of any firefight you're most likely gonna die.

but if you've taken down someone's shield and they'll die to one rocket, it doesn't take long to get one rocket into the hydra and fire it

Oct 25, 2017
Finally tally for XP gain until I completed the weekly capstone: 15.7 levels.

Includes 2 days worth of the new dailies, and a handful of 2XP boosts.

ShapeDePapa

Oct 25, 2017
I really wish ennemies footsteps were louder. The number of time I've been killed by a silent 500 pounds Spartan running behind me is way too high for my liking lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.