• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bulby

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Berlin
Are there fusion coils on Deadlock? If there are I cant find them. And I think the game knows its one of my challenges cause Ive had nothing but Deadlock for 2 days.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
I finished my challenges two days into the week so I've only been getting 50 XP per match for five days.

Ramirez

Oct 26, 2017
Ahh, must have seen the daily reset timer.

I'm still not sure I have it in me. That high of thinking I was done followed by the low of realizing there was one more hidden challenge really took the winds out of my sails.

Don't think about getting KS, just play and see if you make any progress after a few games. It's really not that bad if you don't hyper focus on it.

Dec 4, 2017
Brazil
Speaking of, what are people's opinion on the Ranked Mode of this game?

I have seen some people say it's a mess, even at Onyx:

And also, it seems hard to lose rank on the bar even if you lose.
The ranked system is the definition of failing up. It's very easy to level up and very hard to go down.
I had some mediocre performances but since it was a win my bar filled almost 50% and now I'm platinum 3

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My main issues are that it has some weird SBMM or MMR instead of being based on the actual ranks. So many of my matches are Me being Onyx with gold, plat and diamond teammates vs full diamond stacks. I shouldn't have such low ranked teammates to "balance " the teams MMR, it's not fair at all. I think Onyx players should be matching only Onyx and Diamond the majority of the time.

Another part of this hidden MMR system is that it makes skill levels vary way too much within the same rank. I've fought against/with some Onyx players that shouldn't even have been above gold, but they got lucky with the hidden MMR .

I also don't understand how rank points work ,but 343 could just explain that. Sometimes I'll see people lose a ton of points on a win even if they did decently

Yeah we really need Josh or whoever to explain it better.

The lack of readability in the game lobby doesn't help. It is allegedly to "prevent toxicity" but I would really like everyones ranks to be shown. There is definitely some more complex systems in place. When I solo queue as a Diamond 5 I do well. When I play with my Onyx friend we get dumped on. Its so bad I told him I may have to play without him.

Avik-G

alt account
Banned
Jul 27, 2021
I got a Running Riot a few days ago in a Zones gametype. I thought I was absolutely fucking deleting people.

I go back in the theater to watch the video and I was playing like a potato throughout and somehow had found people worse than me.

:(

denx

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Finally got the last stupid weekly challenge.

I don't think I'll bother trying to complete these anymore tho. This progression system requires way too much investment and I don't have the time for that.

Trey

Oct 25, 2017
That fourth kill was some chefs kiss kind of good shit.

Side note - It's been over a decade and i'm still salty that they changed Killtacular from 4 kills to 5

Overkill always made more sense for 4 kills to me, made getting a killtacular plus feel even more special and rewarding. Especially with the medal creep from 2 to 3.

bradley

Feb 15, 2019
Ahh, must have seen the daily reset timer.

I'm still not sure I have it in me. That high of thinking I was done followed by the low of realizing there was one more hidden challenge really took the winds out of my sails.

had exactly this same experience on Saturday, but ended up playing a couple of hours yesterday and managed to do it. wasn't actually that difficult in the end.

Ont

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
See I'll think the same thing and then a day or two later it feels wack and I'll go back and change some more.

Anyone got the settings pros use? Maybe I could work out something from that

I think people are quick to blame the controller settings when they don't land all their shots, but there are usually other factors in play. Like you might be playing outside of your region (Halo games do this a lot). If your ping is closer to or above 100, hitting and killing players becomes harder.

Another factor is mental. Even in normal playing conditions, and low latency environment, it is difficult to perform well on a consistent basis in these games day-to-day. And it has nothing to do with the controller settings. You see this in professionals sports as well.

Then there is inexperience. Some people expect to have perfect aim after fewer than 200 games played. When looking at ice hockey players who have a great slapshot, they have practiced that shot countless times. And they can do that same shot with different ice hockey sticks, with different flex ratings.

If you find controller settings that work for you, stick to those settings, get your muscle memory in place, and make everything a routine. Most importantly, have fun playing the game. I think those things make people perform more consistently.

Copying someone's controller settings is not going to do the work for anyone, they still need play enough games for those controls to be ingrained in their brain.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'd be all about a poncho as a cosmetic item. Hopefully they add back items/covers so they can have something like the poncho.

Yeah I think clothing articles (such as a poncho) on your Spartan would look cool. Part of the reason why Jun looks interesting is because he has that ghillie/hoodie/scarf thing around his neck.

Stuff like that is aesthetically cool to me, and not necessarily the armor.

Fabtacular

Jul 11, 2019
I know it was. I'm just saying in general, an actual clothing article entices more than…a shoulder pad lol.

It's kinda like Miles Morales wearing a hoodie and sneakers over his spider suit. Does he need it? No. Does it look cool? Hell yes. Haha.
Haha, got it.

I think the Level 44 reward in the current BP is kinda similar. (LINK)

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
Challenges were super feasible for me this week, though I did use 1 skip.

That said, there's no shot I'm touching MP the week campaign launches so... here's hoping that week's ultimate reward isn't anything cool lol

Firebrand

Oct 25, 2017
If anyone has a concise image of all battlepass rewards, free and premium, I'd love a link. Hard to get a good overview with the ingame browser.

snipe_25

Oct 27, 2017
Is there any trick to killing people with Fusion Coils? I have the "kill 3 people with Fusion Coils" challenge literally can't get a kill

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
Is there any trick to killing people with Fusion Coils? I have the "kill 3 people with Fusion Coils" challenge literally can't get a kill

if you directly hit them with it, they will die for sure.

I usually get one fusion coil kill at the beginning of every Zones match on fragmentation. Just pick up a coil, race to the closet zone and wait for someone to chuck it at.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I was thinking, there are a lot of precision weapons in this game. But has there ever been a bow? Or something adjacent to a bow? That'd be cool if they had one. Maybe unlike the skewer it'll actually stake players to the wall.

snipe_25

Oct 27, 2017
It's a one shot if you direct impact. It might even be a one shot if you throw close enough at their feet.

if you directly hit them with it, they will die for sure.

I usually get one fusion coil kill at the beginning of every Zones match on fragmentation. Just pick up a coil, race to the closet zone and wait for someone to chuck it at.

I might just burn one of my rerolls. I've tried over 10 times and feel like I've both directly hit and thrown at feet, but not a single kill.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
Just had the most confusing and disorienting bug I've seen so far. Was playing Strongholds in ranked and for some reason all the indicators for zones on the hud stayed the enemy color even when my team controlled them. The indicators at the bottom for poinhts controlled was correct, but it was very disorienting to constantly first reacting to the zones you're seeing and then having to figure out which ones really need to be captured.

Firefly

Jul 10, 2018
Just aim directly at the enemies normally in close/medium range. It's an insta kill. Quick play will help due to smaller and tighter maps.

edit: I may have misread that do you need to kill 3 at once?

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone else think the shields come back way too slow?

I'm curious how it relates to the other games. This game has small maps and fast gameplay. I feel like I spend way too much time recovering from fights. I had one guy plinking me from the opposite side of Bazaar. I hid in the commando room. He ran across the the map and came into the room before my shields came back.

Both the time it takes for the charge to start and the charge itself are rough. Its exacerbated by grenades delaying the charge.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
I think shields come back too slow when I'm the one who needs shields back. But its perfect for opponents lol.

Considering the mobility options in this game its a good thing shields take so long to recharge, makes confirming kills more manageable.

hannuraina

Prophet of Truth
Jan 7, 2018
i just want my heart emblem. have used it since h2. it took forever to unlock in in h5 got it around level 120. expect to have to pay 25$ for it

JoelStinty

Aug 15, 2019

I'm curious how it relates to the other games. This game has small maps and fast gameplay. I feel like I spend way too much time recovering from fights. I had one guy plinking me from the opposite side of Bazaar. I hid in the commando room. He ran across the the map and came into the room before my shields came back.

Both the time it takes for the charge to start and the charge itself are rough. Its exacerbated by grenades delaying the charge.

I think they got it pretty much perfect. Of course you want to shout at the tv when you want them to recharge, but the TTK is pitch perfect. Allows for some proper firefights that we don't really see in other online shooters, as well as having a nice bit of strategy attached to it.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly I don't get the reasoning. The only ranked playlist in the game and it already differentiates heavily to everything else. It should be 1:1 to HCS

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
Behemoth might be my least favorite map in the game tbh. CTF on it is absolute pain.

Status
Not open for further replies.